Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: January 24, 2022 12:00

A summer European Tour would be very, very welcome!
Maybe just Spain and France to avoid too much crossing boarders. If you want to see him, get on that plane or train or car or whatever grinning smiley

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: January 24, 2022 13:59

Bjorn
He´s the real deal. Like Neil Young and Springsteen. Still alive and kicking - new music and different set lists whenever they want to. And people love it! Respect! smiling smiley

"different setlists" - that hasn't applied to Dylan's tours for many years now. That used to be the attraction in seeing many concerts: the surprise songs, the surprise versions, the rarities, the different atmosphere from one night to another. Since about 2015 the concerts have sadly lost that edge and that variety. The songs and versions introduced at the beginning of a tour stay until its end. It may be an age thing and we have to accept it.

Still I recommend seeing him, that goes without saying, Bob Dylan is a true living legend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-24 13:59 by TIRED.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 24, 2022 14:11

TIRED
Bjorn
He´s the real deal. Like Neil Young and Springsteen. Still alive and kicking - new music and different set lists whenever they want to. And people love it! Respect! smiling smiley

"different setlists" - that hasn't applied to Dylan's tours for many years now. That used to be the attraction in seeing many concerts: the surprise songs, the surprise versions, the rarities, the different atmosphere from one night to another. Since about 2015 the concerts have sadly lost that edge and that variety. The songs and versions introduced at the beginning of a tour stay until its end. It may be an age thing and we have to accept it.

Still I recommend seeing him, that goes without saying, Bob Dylan is a true living legend.

well, he just played 3 songs in 2021 that he also played in 2019

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: January 24, 2022 17:36

Great News that Bob's hitting the road ....,.. Europe up next... Think he will do another tour of the States this Summer before hand.,.. The one that was postponed with The Nathan Band.... Peace

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 24, 2022 21:44

Dylan just announced a round of Spring 2022 US dates - mostly in the south.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 24, 2022 22:07

DEmerson

Yes sir! I'll plan on seeing him at The Ryman. Last time I saw him there, Jack White joined him for Outlaw Blues (only time ever played) and One More Cup Of Coffee.

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: January 24, 2022 23:31

DEmerson

see the previous site

Date: January 24, 2022 23:32

Dylan has sold his recorded rights to Sony => [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 25, 2022 01:53

slewan

Wow...guess we'll start hearing bob dylan songs in commercials.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 25, 2022 01:55

slewan

Jeez, another big payday for Bobby. Interestingly, sold publishing rights to Universal, and recorded rights to Sony.

- Doxa

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 25, 2022 08:53

Doxa
slewan

Jeez, another big payday for Bobby. Interestingly, sold publishing rights to Universal, and recorded rights to Sony.

- Doxa

Could be a simple case of respective highest bidders.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 25, 2022 09:12

Doxa
slewan

- Doxa

Arguably, nobody in the history of recorded music deserves a big payday more!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2022 00:21

THE AGE ------- 26 January 2022

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 26, 2022 00:42

He must be mega rich now, his grandkids' children don't have to work at maggie's farm no more

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 26, 2022 01:14

NilsHolgersson
He must be mega rich now, his grandkids' children don't have to work at maggie's farm no more

so those two deals put together are about $500,000,000...so that's on top of whatever he had before.

I'd say he's doing ok. Maybe they can take a little bit of it, and you know, give it to the farmers?

Wow, just realized he could probably buy Maggie outright!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2022 01:39

Heard he's hoping to use the bucks ta
have a motor mower shed put up on his Malibu house .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 26, 2022 12:24

treaclefingers
NilsHolgersson

so those two deals put together are about $500,000,000...so that's on top of whatever he had before.

Yup! IF the 0.00001%-ers are closing this type of mega-deal it means the whole financial (fake) edifice built since 2008 is about to crumble.

For us low-level maggots it means the over-valued stock market is about to hit the fan...

SELL!
SELL!
SELL! grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 26, 2022 13:40

dcba
treaclefingers
NilsHolgersson

Yup! IF the 0.00001%-ers are closing this type of mega-deal it means the whole financial (fake) edifice built since 2008 is about to crumble.

For us low-level maggots it means the over-valued stock market is about to hit the fan... Yup , as the signs are all there including world wide shortages and rising interest rates and massive inflation and surging prices across the board and who knows how this will compare to 2008 . Rough sailing ahead on turbulent seas for sure .

SELL!
SELL!
SELL! grinning smiley

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 3, 2022 13:14

Bob Dylan returns to the concert stage Tour kicks off Tonight! Looking forward to the set list...And who is in the band this time around.Peace.M

Date: March 3, 2022 16:57

mikey C
Bob Dylan returns to the concert stage Tour kicks off Tonight! Looking forward to the set list...And who is in the band this time around.Peace.M

Yes sir! Me too. Anyone have tickets for this leg of his tour? I'll be at, you guessed it, The Ryman. It'll be my 6th or 7th time to see him.

Date: March 4, 2022 02:25

NashvilleBlues
mikey C

Yes sir! Me too. Anyone have tickets for this leg of his tour? I'll be at, you guessed it, The Ryman. It'll be my 6th or 7th time to see him.

I'm going to the Ryman too! March 23. If you are available we can meet up for a toast! I've seen him at 6-7 times as well through the years.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 4, 2022 15:08

Setlist - Phoenix AZ, 3/3/22:

[boblinks.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-04 15:10 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 4, 2022 15:41

Nine songs from his latest records (out of 17 played songs) - ballsy.

Date: March 4, 2022 15:43

BitchKeepsBitchin
NashvilleBlues
mikey C

I'm going to the Ryman too! March 23. If you are available we can meet up for a toast! I've seen him at 6-7 times as well through the years.

Sure! Sounds good. Email me at ajc9271978@gmail.com

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 5, 2022 16:50

Papo

And Every Grain of Sand finally getting it's due!

Date: March 5, 2022 17:28

kovach
Papo

he did play 'Every Grain of Sand' at nearly every show last year. But every night it was one of the weaker performances.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 7, 2022 15:33

slewan
kovach
Papo

he did play 'Every Grain of Sand' at nearly every show last year. But every night it was one of the weaker performances.

Oh didn't know that, haven't seen him in a while.

I knew that for a very long time since it's release it was only played very very rarely, according to some of the information that came with the Trouble No More boxset.

Date: March 7, 2022 15:51

kovach
slewan
kovach
Papo

Oh didn't know that, haven't seen him in a while.

I knew that for a very long time since it's release it was only played very very rarely, according to some of the information that came with the Trouble No More boxset.

rare, yes. But not 'very very rarely', see: [www.bobdylan.com]

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 7, 2022 16:09

Refreshing that he finishes off with a new encore.

Date: March 7, 2022 16:45

MadMax
Refreshing that he finishes off with a new encore.

it isn't an encore. In fact there's no encore anymore. 'Every Grain of Sand' is just the last song. After it Dylan and his band leave the stage and then the lights are turned on again. End of the show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home