Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 14, 2021 18:36

jbwelda
Self Portrait? The guy played it half way through once and stuck it in his stacks and forgot it. Like most of us would do. Cannot blame him. Not really worth the trip back to the library to return it.

jb

One of my very favourite Dylan records. I adore its variety. Great GREAT album.

Rod

Re: Infidels with taylor bootleg series
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 14, 2021 19:21

NashvilleBlues
Looking forward to it. Infedels is a superb record. And, of course I love Mick Taylor.

as I always say: Infidels is the best record Dylan never released.
(the best songs and/or takes/mixes he recorded during the Infidels sessions were not released while a bunch of mediocre songs made the final cut)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 14, 2021 19:34

MAYO
I hope Dylan soon release it.
I heard it could be next. Nice to hear Mick again

It will be the next release. They've already released a taster from it, an embryonic acoustic version of 'Foot of Pride' called 'Too late'.

Too Late

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-14 19:34 by Gazza.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 15, 2021 00:15

I am just catching up with Man On the Street, ordered vol 2 but vol 1 is out of stock. Amazing 10 cds for very little coin. A gift from the Bobster.

jb

Date: June 15, 2021 01:10

Its very good value indeed. One of those 'grey area' releases though. Pretty sure Dylan's people wouldnt have authorised it.

Date: June 15, 2021 03:34

Re: Man On the Street

Really? I thought they were legit and from Dylan's company. I thought they were copyright dump sort of deals. I was wrong?

jb

Date: June 15, 2021 04:33

The copyright extension releases are generally in very limited editions but are issued by Sony. Whilst these releases would duplicate a lot of that material, they're unauthorized (and getting them this way is generally a lot cheaper!). The label they're released on (Giucar) is an Italian company, I think.

Date: June 15, 2021 06:18

Vol 1 is indeed on that label but vol 2 on "Reel to Reel" label, but we all know how that goes.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea. Makes sense though.

So this material was actually officially released by Sony? Is that release titled the same name (I am thinking probably not)?

jb

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 15, 2021 13:23

Expectingrain.com Today is now putting the best concerts of 1989 up for download....Looks like the may be going thru the entire Never Ending Tour..1988-2019....I LIKE!!!!!!!!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 15, 2021 20:46

Bring on the Infidels Bootleg CD!!!!!!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 15, 2021 21:11

MadMax
Bring on the Infidels Bootleg CD!!!!!!!

bootleg series 16 featuring the Infidels years was planned for June but has been postponed. The rumored release date is now November

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:29

[www.youtube.com]

so good.

Bob Dylan And His Band, "souls beginnin` to shake ! " Summer Days, Sound Upgrade ,Birmingham 2003

Date: June 16, 2021 09:39

Expectingrain.com......Continues on Dylan Concerts from 1990....Starting with Toad's Place where Bob and His Band play 4 Sets....50 Songs!!!!!!! The same club where The Stones played before the start of Steel Wheel's Tour 1989.....Wish i had been to both of those!!!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2021 19:49

Shadow Kingdom Exclusive Broadcast Event
Shadow Kingdom
Jul 18 · 2:00 PM PDT
Rewatch until Jul 20, 2021 · 11:59pm PDT

Shadow Kingdom will showcase Bob Dylan in an intimate setting as he performs songs from his extensive body of work, created especially for this event.

“Shadow Kingdom” will mark the first concert performance since December 2019, and first performance since his universally acclaimed album, “Rough and Rowdy Ways”.

Purchase your tickets for this virtual performance below. “Shadow Kingdom” will remain available to view until 11:59PM PT on July 20, 2021.

Tickets

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 16, 2021 20:05

I thought I would never have an interest in a virtual concert but this I can not miss.Can not wait to see Dylan live again I hope he can work out a way to reschedule the Japanese dates that were due to go ahead before Covid came along.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-16 20:07 by Nate.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 16, 2021 22:04

Nate
I thought I would never have an interest in a virtual concert but this I can not miss.Can not wait to see Dylan live again I hope he can work out a way to reschedule the Japanese dates that were due to go ahead before Covid came along.

Nate

Agree, want to check this out

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 16, 2021 22:39

snoopy2
Nate

Nate

Agree, want to check this out

Same 'ere!!!!thumbs up

Date: June 16, 2021 22:46

[www.youtube.com]

Bob Dylan — Street Legal, first live performances. 1978

Street Legal, released on this day, 15th June, 1978. Here are some first ever live performances (and one last) of Street Legal songs. All from the 1978 tour. /
Señor (Tales of Yankee Power), 1st June, 1978. Los Angeles (first) 00:00
We Better Talk This Over, 4th July, 1978. Paris (first) 5:35
Where Are You Tonight? 15th July, Blackbushe, Camberley. England (first) 9:19
Is Your Love in Vain?, 8th December, 1978. Savannah, US. (last) 16:36
Changing of the Guards, 5th July, 1978. Paris, France. (first) 21:29

Date: June 17, 2021 10:17

Expectingrain.com.....Moving on Concerts from 1991 now listed for downloads...I saw Bob that year the Concert was a Rough Biscuit...But i liked it he played "Bob Dylan's Dream" which is very rare...Posted already live stream concert July 18th....$25 usd....Thru Veeps i have never heard of this company anyway...Great to see Bob is back in Action...

Date: June 18, 2021 11:27

Expectingrain.com......Now has Dylan Concerts from 1992...I did not see Bob that to far to travel....But,I would hit many shows soon.

Date: June 19, 2021 11:36

Expectingrain.com ....Concerts now Available to Download from 1993.. I saw Bob 4 Times that year in the Spring 2 Shows in Nashville,Tn and Knoxville,Tn late summer in Atlanta,Ga... Bob toured with Santana...The Albums out at that time "Good As I Been To You"(1992) and "World Gone Wrong"(1993) A few cuts make it live "Tomorrow Night" "Blackjack Davey" "Hard Times" "You're Gonna Quit Me" "Jim Jones" Which were great to hear live in Concert by the following Year he would drop all songs from these Records....I guess he went as far as he could with them..Who knows really...Great Shows The Band he had with him at that time will be with him for 4 Years...

Date: June 19, 2021 15:04

Just remembered at the 1991 show i went to in Atlanta Fox Theater in April... Elton John and Mick Jagger were there....Mick was Filming that Dreaded Film "Free Jack"The only thing i Remember from the movie is when Mick Says"Get The Meat"....Also The Stones played there in 1981.....

Date: June 20, 2021 11:55

Expectingrain.com Downloads now for 1994....Big Dylan Year for Me 9 Concerts....Fox Theater St.Louis,Missouri April 10th...Same Venue Where Keith and Chuck Berry Filmed the Movie... A Beauty of a Venue...Even saw Bob walking alone to the venue...Also Shows in Evansville,Indiana.Chattanooga,Tn and Memphis,Tn 40,000+ in Memphis show was right next to The Mississippi River...Other artist before Bob that Day.Percy Sledge,Joan Baez,Beck"Loser"Memphis in May Festival...Tickets were $8 usd !!!! Off to Europe next for a visit i must have liked it i am still here..LoL!!! July 16th Prague,Czech Rep...Bob 1st Concert here on a very Hot Day! We road tripped to Krakow ,Poland next day for the Infamous night of rain Concert..Show was Curtailed after 9 Songs Massive Summer Storm..Zipped up to Warsaw,Poland next then To Dresden,Germany and Halle,Germany...A Great Summer....

Date: June 21, 2021 13:46

Bob Kicks off 1995 European Tour in Prague Just my Luck! 3 Nights March 10th,11th,12th....But Bob and Winston have a touch of the Flu...So March 10th is Pushed to March 13th And it starts on the 11th...1st night Bob hardly touches his Guitar...Just Stalking the Stage Mic in One Hand Harmonica in the other...This Concert is Rated one of the best in his entire career...Have a listen...Expectingrain.com...It was a joy to be there...After the 1st night i take the band out Tony,Bucky,JJ...Also Victor Maymudes comes along he was Bob's righthand man back in the early to Mid 1960's..Very Interesting Guy...The shows on the 12th and 13th were very good but,The 1st night was something else!

Date: June 21, 2021 18:25

[www.youtube.com]

Bob Dylan - I Can't Leave Her Behind - One of His Best Unreleased Songs

great vocals.

Date: June 22, 2021 12:28

Concert's from 1996 Expectingrain.com......No Dylan show for me that year...Can't Remember why anyway.Peace.M

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 22, 2021 14:13

From the rumoured Elvis tribute album recorded by Dylan in 1994.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 22, 2021 20:47

Cristiano Radtke
From the rumoured Elvis tribute album recorded by Dylan in 1994.

This is cool!
Larry Campbell in the pic!
Thx for posting.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 23, 2021 02:19

I don’t agree those songs are mediocre, on Infidels. That album is strong, but these bootleg tracks are intriguing.

Date: June 29, 2021 09:34

Concerts to download from Expectingrain for the Years 1997,1998 and 1999.Now Available..Finally after 4 Years Back on Bob's Trail...Great show in Linz,Austria April 27th,1999@ Sporthalle,Linz....1st song was The Grateful Dead's"Friend of the Devil".Peace.M

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home