Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: April 15, 2021 00:46

slewan
Uncut magazine comes with a CD that includes an unreleased Dylan song called 'It's to late'. Rumors say that this song is an early version of 'Foot of Pride'

[magazines.bandlabtechnologies.com]

Out in the UK – anybody care to share?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 15, 2021 17:33

The worst Dylan's album produced, of course, by mr. Was!!!

[somethingelsereviews.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 16, 2021 01:36

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 16, 2021 02:42

KRiffhard

He says he argued with Bob Dylan about the legendary singer-songwriter’s vision for the project, saying he wanted to return Dylan to the sound and feel of Highway 61 Revisited, the seminal mid-1960s album.

“I was maybe a little out of my league, experience-wise, when I did Under The Red Sky,” Was said. “I was thinking like a fan. ‘Man, I loved Highway 61, it’d be great if he did something else like Highway 61!’ So, I’m trying to get him back to something, and he’s trying to look forward and do something different. Which is what you’re supposed to do! You’re not supposed to just imitate yourself, you’re supposed to do something new, that challenges you.”

Hmm... then we went on to return the Stones to the sound and feel of EXILE ON MAIN STREET...grinning smiley

Not the best result there either, I would say.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-16 02:43 by Doxa.

Date: April 16, 2021 23:31

Doxa
KRiffhard

He says he argued with Bob Dylan about the legendary singer-songwriter’s vision for the project, saying he wanted to return Dylan to the sound and feel of Highway 61 Revisited, the seminal mid-1960s album.

“I was maybe a little out of my league, experience-wise, when I did Under The Red Sky,” Was said. “I was thinking like a fan. ‘Man, I loved Highway 61, it’d be great if he did something else like Highway 61!’ So, I’m trying to get him back to something, and he’s trying to look forward and do something different. Which is what you’re supposed to do! You’re not supposed to just imitate yourself, you’re supposed to do something new, that challenges you.”

Hmm... then we went on to return the Stones to the sound and feel of EXILE ON MAIN STREET...grinning smiley

- Doxa

The rough mix of "Under The Red Sky" is excellent, because it features the basic tracks, Dylan and the band live in the studio, no Don Was-produced "superstar" overdubs and different vocals/lyrics. Better than the final mix/master, closer to Dylan's 1990 live sound.

Date: April 17, 2021 21:59

[youtu.be]
What a fookin great song...and this version is magic
It's alright Bob, i'm only bleeding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-18 10:41 by KRiffhard.

Date: April 17, 2021 22:00

MrEcho
Doxa
KRiffhard

- Doxa

The rough mix of "Under The Red Sky" is excellent, because it features the basic tracks, Dylan and the band live in the studio, no Don Was-produced "superstar" overdubs and different vocals/lyrics. Better than the final mix/master, closer to Dylan's 1990 live sound.

Hi Mr. Echo,
where can i find this rough mix?
Thanks!!!

Date: April 18, 2021 03:44

KRiffhard
MrEcho
Doxa
KRiffhard

- Doxa

Hi Mr. Echo,
Thanks!!!
[we.tl]
Unfortunately 10.000 Men and Cat's In The Well are not circulating.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2021 03:52

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 18, 2021 05:17

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2021 06:23

Thanks Cristiano, that's quite a nice version...about 100 times better than the terrible Guns N'Roses version...maybe 200 times better....
Nothing can come close to Dylan's original though.

Date: April 18, 2021 10:05

MrEcho
KRiffhard
MrEcho
Doxa
KRiffhard

- Doxa

Hi Mr. Echo,
Thanks!!!
[we.tl]

smileys with beer
Many Thanks!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2021 23:38

MrEcho
KRiffhard
MrEcho
Doxa
KRiffhard

- Doxa

Hi Mr. Echo,
Thanks!!!
[we.tl]

it surely sounds better than the released album. But most songs are still children's songs or rather music for one special child (Dylan's young daughter)

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 26, 2021 22:10

Denny Freeman Who was The Guitar Player in Bob's Band from 2005-2009...Passed Away in Austin,Texas He Was 76....I Saw Him 4 Times With Bob....Go To Bob's "Modern Times"2006 He Is All Over That Record...A Gem!..Was a House Mate with Stevie Ray Vaughn...Did a Record called "Diggin the Dylan" After he left the band well worth a listen to...I heard he was a gent never met him...But Man he could play that Guitar! Thank You Denny...Peace.M

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 26, 2021 22:11

Going To have A Bourbon or 2 Now.....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2021 06:55

mikey C
Denny Freeman Who was The Guitar Player in Bob's Band from 2005-2009...Passed Away in Austin,Texas He Was 76....I Saw Him 4 Times With Bob....Go To Bob's "Modern Times"2006 He Is All Over That Record...A Gem!..Was a House Mate with Stevie Ray Vaughn...Did a Record called "Diggin the Dylan" After he left the band well worth a listen to...I heard he was a gent never met him...But Man he could play that Guitar! Thank You Denny...Peace.M

Very sad - RIP Denny Freeman.

From the Austin Chronicle:

Denny Freeman, the Graceful Guitarist Who Made Everyone Sound Better, Has Died

"Freeman was part of the self-described “little blues cult” that helped usher the staple genre’s local reemergence in the early seventies,
playing alongside Stevie Ray Vaughan in Paul Ray & the Cobras. Four decades later, the gentle-natured guitarist’s graceful melding
of blues and jazz would anchor Bob Dylan’s Modern Times album".

More> Denny Freeman

Date: May 3, 2021 09:41

UNCUT 289 --- June 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: May 6, 2021 21:24

MOJO 331 --- June 2021

ROCKMAN

Mick defends Dylan's singing
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 6, 2021 17:50

No idea if this has shown up here before.

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Re: Mick defends Dylan's singing
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 6, 2021 17:57

Best lyricist ever. I like unique, "bad" singers like Bob Dylan, J Mascis...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 6, 2021 18:06

Well, Dylan can't sing. Or to put it like this - if Dylan can sing everyone else can.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 6, 2021 18:36

That interviewer is brutal. I understand it's a 'conversation', however Mick is talking, sharing some inciteful thoughts and she keeps interrupting.

A little self-important...I like the way Mick pushed back on her when she threw Dylan under the bus.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 6, 2021 18:38

Stoneage
Well, Dylan can't sing. Or to put it like this - if Dylan can sing everyone else can.

Dylan CAN’T sing. But he’s an awesome, unique, wonderful VOCALIST

Rod

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 6, 2021 18:41

NashvilleBlues
I like unique, "bad" singers like Bob Dylan, J Mascis...

Charles Aznavour would come to mind instead. He was one of Bob's main influences btw.

Date: May 6, 2021 19:04

dcba
NashvilleBlues
I like unique, "bad" singers like Bob Dylan, J Mascis...

Charles Aznavour would come to mind instead. He was one of Bob's main influences btw.

Fair enough, but I like J. Don't scratch that.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 6, 2021 19:08

bitusa2012
Stoneage

Well, he had a pretty good stab at it on Nashville Skyline.

Date: May 6, 2021 19:28

Big Al
bitusa2012
Stoneage

Well, he had a pretty good stab at it on Nashville Skyline.

And on Self Portrait.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 6, 2021 19:44

All my favourite singers couldn't sing

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 6, 2021 19:57

Those saying that Dylan can't sing is like saying that John Lee Hooker or Keith Richards can't play the guitar or Mick and Keith write music. Surely there are always some bloody Pavarottis, John McLaughins and Mozarts in the world to make a measure, but so what. I ask instead: where the hell do you need those terms 'sing' or 'know to play the guitar' or 'write music' if those dudes don't count? Probably wanking at home with semantics or something in order to create some artificial, elitistic hierarchy in music.

Mick's 'defence' was a spot on.

- Doxa

Date: May 6, 2021 20:05

Doxa
Those saying that Dylan can't sing is like saying that John Lee Hooker or Keith Richards can't play the guitar or Mick and Keith write music. Surely there are always some bloody Pavarottis, John McLaughins and Mozarts in the world to make a measure, but so what. I ask instead: where the hell do you need those terms 'sing' or 'know to play the guitar' or 'write music' if those dudes don't count? Probably wanking at home with semantics or something in order to create some artificial, elitistic hierarchy in music.

Mick's 'defence' was a spot on.

- Doxa

John McLaughlin cannot sing. cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home