Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 9, 2020 12:32

Maindefender
NilsHolgersson
Wow, it's even a double album!

Looks like Murder Most Foul is the only song on the second disc. BTW he’s on the road starting 6/4.

I don't think so – it's more than just likely that the tour will be cancelled

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 9, 2020 16:11

Maindefender
NilsHolgersson

Looks like Murder Most Foul is the only song on the second disc. BTW he’s on the road starting 6/4.

Ha! If he is he'll be the only active touring artist in the world (outside Belarus, probably) this summer.

Good old Bob. Ever the pioneer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-09 16:12 by Gazza.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 10, 2020 01:17

Gazza
Maindefender
NilsHolgersson

Ha! If he is he'll be the only active touring artist in the world (outside Belarus, probably) this summer.

Japan canceled but US dates not yet. Wishful thinking??

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 10, 2020 01:38

It sure looks like Bob is uncorking 1 last masterpiece. All 3 of the new songs have been great, especially False Prophet for me.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 10, 2020 04:47

Maindefender
Gazza
Maindefender
NilsHolgersson

Hate to say it, but it's beyond wishful thinking...just a matter of time before it's postponed/canceled.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 10, 2020 05:38

Maindefender
Gazza
Maindefender
NilsHolgersson

Well, obviously there's not a prayer anyone will be performing in June. I'm amazed they havent been formally cancelled yet but I'd say pretty much 100% of the people with tickets know they wont have a show to go to. Maybe they're working on rescheduling dates for next year as the Stones appear to be.

Date: May 10, 2020 06:14

Gazza
Maindefender
Gazza
Maindefender
NilsHolgersson

Well, obviously there's not a prayer anyone will be performing in June. I'm amazed they havent been formally cancelled yet but I'd say pretty much 100% of the people with tickets know they wont have a show to go to. Maybe they're working on rescheduling dates for next year as the Stones appear to be.

I was chatting with Ticketmaster a few weeks ago regarding tix I have for Steely Dan/Steve Winwood at the Hollywood Bowl which is still scheduled for June 8th, and asked about refunds. I was told it will no doubt be postponed or cancelled and to keep checking back, and that some tour postponements are being announced in increments - whether to possibly reschedule, or to not overload the system with too many postponements/refund requests, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-10 06:15 by Hairball.

Date: May 10, 2020 11:51

Hairball
Gazza
Maindefender
Gazza
Maindefender
NilsHolgersson

I was chatting with Ticketmaster a few weeks ago regarding tix I have for Steely Dan/Steve Winwood at the Hollywood Bowl which is still scheduled for June 8th, and asked about refunds. I was told it will no doubt be postponed or cancelled and to keep checking back, and that some tour postponements are being announced in increments - whether to possibly reschedule, or to not overload the system with too many postponements/refund requests, etc.

I have similar situation with Chris Stapleton. Under the reopening plan, the show can't happen, except a few counties have received a variance. So far the county where the show is not included but could be soon. I really hope they cancel. It would simplify things. I don't think I'm ready to deal with a show with 20000 people (he's hot commodity. it was almost like a stones presale). Drive-by Truckers have a make up show in July at a club. We'll see on that one but really hoping they move it again.

Date: May 10, 2020 12:51

crholmstrom
Hairball
Gazza
Maindefender
Gazza
Maindefender
NilsHolgersson

I have similar situation with Chris Stapleton. Under the reopening plan, the show can't happen, except a few counties have received a variance. So far the county where the show is not included but could be soon. I really hope they cancel. It would simplify things. I don't think I'm ready to deal with a show with 20000 people (he's hot commodity. it was almost like a stones presale). Drive-by Truckers have a make up show in July at a club. We'll see on that one but really hoping they move it again.

House of Blues Boston still has some shows listed in June. X and Violent Femmes 6/4 @ 6:30. Nearly sold out the GA floor gets mighty tight

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 10, 2020 13:43

Dylan's show in Las Vegas has already been postponed a week or two ago

Date: May 10, 2020 20:14

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that overcrowded large groups in close quarters is basically "illegal" practically everywhere right now.
I don't think there's been any traditional concerts as we used to know them for months now (in any size venue), and don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Posted this yesterday in the coronavirus thread:

From Billboard published May 6th:

Here Are All the Major Music Events Canceled Due to Coronavirus (Updating)
Billboard has compiled an ongoing list of major concerts and events that have been postponed or canceled due to the outbreak.

CoronavirusConcerts

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: May 11, 2020 14:14

McCartney only cancelled his late may & June dates 4 days ago, looks like they tried to reshedule but as they are in football (soccer) stadiums they have no idea when they will be used this year or when next season will even? start, infact they don't even know if they will be playing at their own stadiums

Date: May 11, 2020 17:26

Dylan's show at the Les Schwab Amphitheater on 6/4, for example, are selling only general admission lawn seating.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 11, 2020 17:35

Hairball
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that overcrowded large groups in close quarters is basically "illegal" practically everywhere right now.
I don't think there's been any traditional concerts as we used to know them for months now (in any size venue), and don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Posted this yesterday in the coronavirus thread:

From Billboard published May 6th:

Here Are All the Major Music Events Canceled Due to Coronavirus (Updating)
Billboard has compiled an ongoing list of major concerts and events that have been postponed or canceled due to the outbreak.

CoronavirusConcerts

Wow. Thanks for posting that link.

Did find something funny in it:

David Lee Roth has postponed the last six shows of his Las Vegas residency.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 11, 2020 18:40

NilsHolgersson

Info from Searching for a Gem:

11 May 2020: Thanks to Sonny Boy McFitzson for information that I Contain Multitudes and False Prophet are on CD1/Record 1 of Rough And Rowdy Ways, while Murder Most Foul is on CD2 and Side 1 of Record 2 on its own - Side 2 of Record 2 is blank.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: May 11, 2020 20:40

Hey Bob is Bob. Maybe I should ask his mgr. jeff rosen when I talk to him at Bobfest in Asbury park NJ-yeah right! I know that was cancelled for sure!!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 12, 2020 03:17

Date: May 12, 2020 17:37

Glam Descendant
[www.rollingstone.com]

That was a nice reading, thanks for sharing!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 12, 2020 21:27

Someone big needs to do a PPV concert.

Date: May 13, 2020 00:09

Date: May 13, 2020 00:11

Just received email from Bobdylan.com:

"To all our fans,

In the interest of public health and safety and after many attempts to try and reschedule these shows for a workable timeframe this year,
it is with deep regret that we announce the US Bob Dylan shows originally scheduled for June/July are cancelled.
We hope to be back out on the road at the earliest possible time once we are confident that it is safe for both fans and concert staff.

Please contact your point of purchase for all information on refunds".

Date: May 13, 2020 01:48

Hairball
Just received email from Bobdylan.com:

"To all our fans,

In the interest of public health and safety and after many attempts to try and reschedule these shows for a workable timeframe this year,
it is with deep regret that we announce the US Bob Dylan shows originally scheduled for June/July are cancelled.
We hope to be back out on the road at the earliest possible time once we are confident that it is safe for both fans and concert staff.

Please contact your point of purchase for all information on refunds".

Bob's going to be 79 in a few weeks. We certainly don't want him catching the virus. Cool he took the wiggle room out of the equation with Ticketmaster. Bob tickets ain't cheap!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 13, 2020 10:59

No surprise Bob Dylan's Summer USA Tour is Cancelled!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 13, 2020 11:43

Someone over at expectingrain.com claimed it will be 6 years before touring might resume. Even more pessimistic and exagerated than BV saying the Stones won't tour before 2022 if that. Is it really so hard to keep it together and stay reasonable? Come on, if wild speculation is all you want to place out there, you might as well keep it to your self and calm down.

Date: May 13, 2020 18:55

calipachangero
Someone over at expectingrain.com claimed it will be 6 years before touring might resume. Even more pessimistic and exagerated than BV saying the Stones won't tour before 2022 if that. Is it really so hard to keep it together and stay reasonable? Come on, if wild speculation is all you want to place out there, you might as well keep it to your self and calm down.

If it's so bothersome to you, then why would you bring that negative speculation here? Why not just leave it on expectingrain.com, or in your own words "keep it to yourself and calm down"?
But it seems you're the only one who really can't handle the speculation - whether it's bv's opinion on the Stones or someone's opinion on expectingrain.com. Nobody knows the future, but to live in a fantasy land
and completely ignore/deny the various possibilities seems foolish. Yeah, everything could turn out great and Bob and Stones might return as soon as early 2021, but there's also the possibility it may never happen.
Again, maybe heed your own advice and calm down - nobody is forcing you to believe anything.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 13, 2020 22:47

Hairball
calipachangero

If it's so bothersome to you, then why would you bring that negative speculation here? Why not just leave it on expectingrain.com, or in your own words "keep it to yourself and calm down"?
But it seems you're the only one who really can't handle the speculation - whether it's bv's opinion on the Stones or someone's opinion on expectingrain.com. Nobody knows the future, but to live in a fantasy land
and completely ignore/deny the various possibilities seems foolish. Yeah, everything could turn out great and Bob and Stones might return as soon as early 2021, but there's also the possibility it may never happen.
Again, maybe heed your own advice and calm down - nobody is forcing you to believe anything.

Of course I see different possibilities as well, the wild and useless speculation in tabloid manner strikes me as so unnecessary and preposterous, that I can't help to feel a bit angry. Not to mention policing posters who mark anything other than their very opinion as denying or living in a fantasy land (yes, you are one of them obviously, no offence). I always enjoyed iorr and all the insights and information very much, lately I feel put off by the sheer negativity and apocalyptic outset in much of the post regarding the pandemic (and not just in the Virus thread). Maybe it's because much of the posters are near retirement or past that and are afraid and scared.
Some even act as epidemiologists or some kind of experts as well, just repeating everything they read and are being told, not one proper thought added. It's sad and disturbing. I Will check out for the time being, until reason makes a comeback.

Date: May 13, 2020 23:15

calipachangero
Hairball
calipachangero

Of course I see different possibilities as well, the wild and useless speculation in tabloid manner strikes me as so unnecessary and preposterous, that I can't help to feel a bit angry. Not to mention policing posters who mark anything other than their very opinion as denying or living in a fantasy land (yes, you are one of them obviously, no offence). I always enjoyed iorr and all the insights and information very much, lately I feel put off by the sheer negativity and apocalyptic outset in much of the post regarding the pandemic (and not just in the Virus thread). Maybe it's because much of the posters are near retirement or past that and are afraid and scared.
Some even act as epidemiologists or some kind of experts as well, just repeating everything they read and are being told, not one proper thought added. It's sad and disturbing. I Will check out for the time being, until reason makes a comeback.

Yet you give no hint of the possibilities you have in mind, you just strike out at those you disagree and critique their opinions saying "pessimistic" and "exaggerated".
You even go out of your way to bring quotes in from other sites just so you can say how much you disagree with them. If it's so bothersome to you, then what's your alternative opinion of the different possibilities?
But never mind, be sure to come back when Bob and/or the Stones decide they can reschedule, but based on the reality of what we know it could be a very long time from now - probably 2022 at the earliest especially in the case of the Stones in massive stadiums. But then you have to consider their ages - Bob will be a ripe 80 in 2022 and the Stones aren't far behind. Unless of course one lives in an unrealistic fantasy land and/or is living in denial of the crisis and the rest of the circumstances...in that case they could return as soon as next week!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 13, 2020 23:28

Does it matter .......

ROCKMAN

Date: May 13, 2020 23:41

No not really, but whether it's the tour thread or this one, calipachangero has been attempting to shut down opinions without offering anything other than "we don't know nothing yet".
The fact is, we know quite a bit more than "nothing" regarding the current situation of live shows and what the future might hold for them.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 14, 2020 01:15

...awwwww well he's been here for
fifteen years and he aint said a lot ......

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home