Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: ash ()
Date: September 3, 2019 22:14

hopkins
[l.facebook.com]

Dylan footage restored.
Don't Look Back tour....

Hope the link works. It's in Vimeo.
Excuse if already covered here,.

Amazing accomplishment, you can
tell right away...cleaned up
Beautifully. Some unreleased footage as well.

This is material, other than what's "new" here,
that I've had in various formats back
to VHS Bootlegs..,
....it's just plain Essential, imo,
and very many others ...
...pretty pure stuff, both solo and
With the band...precious...
Supernaturally gifted gentleman.

An important development...very pleased to see....

That's brilliant - it's not the Don't Look Back tour though it's the 1966 "Eat The Document" tour. I would happily sit through every second of the surviving footage. I wish it would be released complete on Blu Ray. The complete box set audio from that tour is astonishing. There should at least be a full concert reconstruction using available footage. Peak Dylan in my opinion.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 4, 2019 11:34

Thank you so much for that correction...
A Key distinction
And big error in my post.
Cheers.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 9, 2019 19:36

Bob just announced a whole set of U.S. dates for the Fall, on sale September 13th:

[www.bobdylan.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 9, 2019 19:42

Javadave
Bob just announced a whole set of U.S. dates for the Fall, on sale September 13th:

[www.bobdylan.com]

plus: there are rumors (from a very reliable source) that there will be also multiple shows in New York in November

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 9, 2019 20:41

So much for the rumours about Bob slowing down or cutting back...Santa Barbra here I come!
Aside from both Desert Trips, the last time I saw him was at the SB Bowl w/Mavis Staples opening - a fantastic setting and a fantastic show.

And with the Who at Hollywood Bowl the 11th and 13th, it's gonna be a mini-Desert Trip-like weekend, albeit with a bit of driving yet without the horrendous heat.

Tix look reasonably priced from $55 - $140.thumbs up

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 10, 2019 16:09

just watched Scorsese's Bob Dylan – The Rolling Thunder Revue.....I have to say....he sure knows how to put together a rock documentary.....very nice.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 10, 2019 17:15

Last time I saw Bob was almost 20 years ago when he played to a mostly empty Cobo Hall in Detroit, but if he's coming right here to Ann Arbor, which he is, I might be tempted to go see him one last time. Hill Auditorium's a beautiful historic venue that I've only ever been to twice, for George Carlin and Ravi Shankar.

Date: September 10, 2019 17:33

tatters
Last time I saw Bob was almost 20 years ago when he played to a mostly empty Cobo Hall in Detroit, but if he's coming right here to Ann Arbor, which he is, I might be tempted to go see him one last time. Hill Auditorium's a beautiful historic venue that I've only ever been to twice, for George Carlin and Ravi Shankar.

you'll probably hate yourself if you miss this opportunity…

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: September 10, 2019 21:36

Bob has an uncanny ability to schedule shows in my area around my daughter's birthday when I can't go! angry smiley

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: September 10, 2019 22:48

tatters
Cobo Hall 2001 was a great concert. That was the phase when he did bluegrass covers at every show.
The performances this year were completely different, of course, as he is constantly evolving.
Make sure to catch the show.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: September 11, 2019 16:22

Beg your pardon if this was posted here before.

If not, it's a MUST to watch!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 11, 2019 16:42

Phil Good
Beg your pardon if this was posted here before.

If not, it's a MUST to watch!

[www.youtube.com]

I can't stand these "best video you'll ever see" headlines on youtube. And you are not doing any much better. Why not tell us the date? Is this something that is "hot" ? Am I too old to understand? Or too young? Tell us the date and venue, please

This is one of my favourite "youtube-videos" (as I don't have the complete show on DVD; "Senôr" from London 1987
[www.youtube.com]
....it takes 1 minute for the filmer to stop fooling around.....then it gets perfect

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 16, 2019 17:23

Pick up your money and pack up your tent ...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 18, 2019 17:38

"A new soundboard DAT has been unveiled by Japanese label Empress Valley – Forget those painful memories that the lifeless ‘Real Live’ brought you, ‘All Roads Lead To Wembley’ is a triple disk (2 CDs and DVD) set from the 7th of July, 1984"

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Wembley Arena (London, UK); July 7, 1984

Tracklist: Highway 61 Revisited, Jokerman, All Along The Watchtower, Just Like A Woman, Maggie's Farm, I And I, License To Kill, Just My Imagination [Greg Sutton], Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, Tangled Up In Blue, It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), Simple Twist Of Fate, Masters Of War, Ballad Of A Thin Man, Enough Is Enough, Every Grain Of Sand, Like A Rolling Stone, Mr. Tambourine Man, Girl From The North Country, It Ain't Me Babe, LeopardSkin PillBox Hat; It's All Over Now Baby Blue [w/Van Morrison]; Tombstone Blues, Señor, Times They Are A-Changin', Blowin' In The Wind, Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

Eric Clapton, Chrissie Hynde, and Carlos Santana (in various combinations) back Dylan on the seven closing songs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-18 17:41 by dcba.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 18, 2019 19:41

dcba
"A new soundboard DAT has been unveiled by Japanese label Empress Valley – Forget those painful memories that the lifeless ‘Real Live’ brought you, ‘All Roads Lead To Wembley’ is a triple disk (2 CDs and DVD) set from the 7th of July, 1984"

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Wembley Arena (London, UK); July 7, 1984

Tracklist: Highway 61 Revisited, Jokerman, All Along The Watchtower, Just Like A Woman, Maggie's Farm, I And I, License To Kill, Just My Imagination [Greg Sutton], Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, Tangled Up In Blue, It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), Simple Twist Of Fate, Masters Of War, Ballad Of A Thin Man, Enough Is Enough, Every Grain Of Sand, Like A Rolling Stone, Mr. Tambourine Man, Girl From The North Country, It Ain't Me Babe, LeopardSkin PillBox Hat; It's All Over Now Baby Blue [w/Van Morrison]; Tombstone Blues, Señor, Times They Are A-Changin', Blowin' In The Wind, Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

Eric Clapton, Chrissie Hynde, and Carlos Santana (in various combinations) back Dylan on the seven closing songs.

Very nice setlist

Date: September 18, 2019 23:33

expectingrain.com shows the cover of Bob Dylan's next bootleg series to be released on Nov. 1st. It covers the years 1967-1969, i.e. sessions with Johnny Cash and (as it is rumored) outtakes/alternates from 'Jonn Wesley Harding'

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 19, 2019 00:29

slewan
expectingrain.com shows the cover of Bob Dylan's next bootleg series to be released on Nov. 1st. It covers the years 1967-1969, i.e. sessions with Johnny Cash and (as it is rumored) outtakes/alternates from 'Jonn Wesley Harding'

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2019 00:32

outtakes/alternates from 'Jonn Wesley Harding'

Now that should be worth a listen …..

ROCKMAN

Date: September 19, 2019 00:42

Rockman
outtakes/alternates from 'Jonn Wesley Harding'

Now that should be worth a listen …..

well, wait and see… btw: how many times did you listen to all 6 CDs of 'More Blood, More Tracks'? In other words: I think that (at least after a while) that release turned out to be rather boring. On the other hand no outake or alternate of the JWH album every surfaced

Date: September 19, 2019 00:46

YES it was extremely boring …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 19, 2019 17:39

Some info:

[theseconddisc.com]

Date: September 19, 2019 18:22

Rank Stranger
Some info:

[theseconddisc.com]

Looks nice but only one version of "All Along the Watchtower"? eye rolling smiley

Date: September 19, 2019 18:30

full information now on: [www.bobdylan.com]

there's an article in Rolling Stone magazine, too:
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 19, 2019 20:57

Date: September 20, 2019 11:26

dcba

Looks nice but only one version of "All Along the Watchtower"? eye rolling smiley

"There are just seven John Wesley Harding outtakes in this new collection. “There just doesn’t seem to be many alternate versions of the songs,” says the source. “The ones we have are often very similar to each other. We had to include ‘All Along the Watchtower,’ but it’s not like ‘All Along the Watchtower’ cha-cha or anything. But ‘I Pity the Poor Immigrant’ is great and has a completely different melody. I don’t think anything had more than three complete takes.”

Date: September 23, 2019 18:22

he has just announced ten(!) shows in a row at the Beacon – Nov 23-Dec 6
see: [www.bobdylan.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 24, 2019 02:59

slewan
he has just announced ten(!) shows in a row at the Beacon – Nov 23-Dec 6
see: [www.bobdylan.com]

I'm going to try for tixs for T-Day weekend. Love visiting NYC during the holidays and seeing Dylan at the Beacon would be perfect!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 24, 2019 03:22

Rockman

[www.whodah.com]

Date: September 24, 2019 08:58

Rocky Dijon
Rockman

[www.whodah.com]

well, I'm one of those die-hard Dylan fans and still I'd say (without any sarcasm) that the 'More Blood, More Tracks' 6CD box was rather boring. When it was released I listened to all the CDs once or twice and then put it on the self. And that's it. No way to compare this box to 'The Cutting Edge' which was really interessting.

Date: September 24, 2019 09:05

Got the Deluxe Cutting Edge
and yep it was pretty amazing ……..

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home