Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 18, 2019 22:51

Here's an article about Keith Jarrett at Perugia.

[jazztimes.com]

I think both Keith and Bob follow their muse on a given evening, so there's a bit of logic in their approach.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: April 19, 2019 00:05

tomcasagranda
Here's an article about Keith Jarrett at Perugia.

[jazztimes.com]

I think both Keith and Bob follow their muse on a given evening, so there's a bit of logic in their approach.

"… there’s one thing that I know well – that I feel very alone. It’s the price you have to pay if you want to be yourself. And don’t believe that I don’t suffer for it, but it seems to me that I have nothing to say to the majority of people and it’s perhaps that which makes me feel timid… I'm very demonstrative when I play. I always make faces, laugh, jump about, gesticulate, and am very animated, and many people who see me like that think that I’m much more reserved when I’ve left my piano. In reality, I feel truly at ease only in music…"

From KEITH JARRETT: THE MAN & HIS MUSIC by Ian Carr

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 19, 2019 04:25

By MOJO Staff
April 18, 2019

COVER STORY: BOB DYLAN Joan Baez, Roger McGuinn, T Bone Burnett and the raggle-taggle survivors of the Rolling Thunder Revue remember one of rock’s most legendary tours, a wild tale of mass harmony and marital breakdown now memorialised on a 14-CD box set. Plus Dylan’s live adventures through the ages – all roads lead to Hyde Park!

COVERMOUNT CD: THE NEW THUNDER REVUE Dylan’s incredible 1975 reinvention of his own The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll kicks off our virtual charabanc of neo-Americana, starring Jeff Tweedy, Margo Price, Courtney Barnett, Will Oldham, Phosphorescent, Jason Isbell, Hurray For The Riff Raff, Drive-By Truckers, Hiss Golden Messenger and more.

[www.mojo4music.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2019 04:51

LEE "SRATCH" PERRY -- Are You Mad?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 20, 2019 15:58

Just bought a ticket for Hyde Park. Anyone else going?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 20, 2019 16:53

Papo

About 60,000

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 20, 2019 18:23

Nate
Papo

About 60,000

LOL!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 23, 2019 06:44

[www.stereogum.com]
Five Of Bob Dylan’s Photographers Share Their Best Dylan Stories

If you were a rock photographer in the mid-’60s, being invited to photograph
Bob Dylan was perhaps the best thing that could happen to you.
You’d get a front-row view to the then-burgeoning countercultural revolution.
You’d get to trade wisdom with the tousle-haired genius who wrote “Visions of Johanna.”
And, if all went well, you’d have your photo credit slapped onto
some of the most definitive iconography of the vinyl era...."

I've honestly got one of my own.
not a very personal relationship or friendship; or
even working relationship like these photogs who he was easy with...
...but just sorts in passing; a few words; getting a sense of him
sans the pressure, crowds and celebs. no big reveals or anything deeper
fans haven't travailed.
I am all set to read through these tonight...
let's see...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-23 06:47 by hopkins.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: April 23, 2019 13:01

Great read, thanks for sharing.

Going to see him next week, first time ever. Can't wait for it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2019 13:49

ROCKMAN

Date: April 25, 2019 20:13

Martin Scorsese’s Bob Dylan Tour Doc Gets Netflix Release Date

In January, Netflix announced that the legendary Martin Scorcese would direct a new concert documentary following Bob Dylan’s iconic Rolling Thunder Revue tour. Now, a release date has been set. Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese will hit the streaming platform as well as select theaters on June 12.

[pitchfork.com]

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: April 25, 2019 20:23

My fave docu-pic from Rolling Thunder will always be the quite infuriating and ultimately transcendent Renaldo and Clara.

Date: April 26, 2019 03:20

Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Live Recordings Disc Descrptions

DISC 1: S.I.R. Rehearsals, New York, NY – October 19, 1975
DISC 2: S.I.R. Rehearsals, New York, NY – October 21, 1975
DISC 3: Seacrest Motel Rehearsals, Falmouth, MA – October 29, 1975
DISC 4-5: Memorial Auditorium, Worcester, MA – November 19, 1975
DISC 6-7: Harvard Square Theater, Cambridge, MA – November 20, 1975
DISC 8-9: Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA – November 21, 1975 (afternoon)
DISC 10-11: Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA – November 21, 1975 (evening)
DISC 12-13: Forum de Montreal, Quebec, Canada – December 4, 1975
DISC 14: Rare Performances

Full tracklist: [www.jambase.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 26, 2019 05:33

Couldn't be more @#$%& excited about both of these. Would be cool to find out how much of those full shows were used on The Bootleg Series 5 compilation. Really excited for all these songs that WEREN'T on there:

When I Paint My Masterpiece
Wild Mountain Thyme
Dark As A Dungeon
This Land Is Your Land
The Times They Are A-Changin'
I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine
Never Let Me Go
I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
One Too Many Mornings
With God On Our Side
It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 05:42 by RollingFreak.

Date: April 28, 2019 03:52

[www.jambase.com]

Bob Dylan Busts Out ‘Dignity’ In Spain
Apr 27, 20199:55 am PDTJeffrey Greenblatt

Bob Dylan‘s Never Ending Tour brought him to Bilbao, Spain for a gig at the Bizkaia Arena on Friday. The legendary singer-songwriter switched up his setlist for the first time on his current European run by dusting off the deep cut “Dignity.” The setlist change came five songs into the night as Dylan swapped out “Cry A While” from his 2001 LP Love & Theft for the rarity.

Last night’s take on the tune was the bard’s first since November 12, 2012, and just the 54th ever version since was debuted during the recording of his MTV Unplugged special in 1994. A studio version of the song was originally included on Bob Dylan’s Greatest Hits Volume 3. The track featured Dylan on piano, backed by Brendan O’Brien on guitar, bass and keyboards along with Steve Gorman The Black Crowes on drums and Rick Taylor on banjo. Listen to the studio version of “Dignity” below:

Setlist
Bob Dylan at Bizkaia Arena
Apr 26, 2019Bilbao, 59
Things Have Changed
It Ain't Me, Babe
Highway 61 Revisited
Simple Twist of Fate
Dignity
When I Paint My Masterpiece
Honest With Me
Tryin' to Get to Heaven
Scarlet Town
Make You Feel My Love
Pay in Blood
Like a Rolling Stone
Early Roman Kings
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Love Sick
Thunder on the Mountain
Soon After Midnight
Gotta Serve Somebody
ENCORE
Blowin' in the Wind
It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry

Date: April 29, 2019 03:20

New’ Bob Dylan Compilation Features Best Of 1966 Performance Footage
[www.jambase.com]

Earlier this month a new compilation of existing Bob Dylan footage from 1966 surfaced. The fan behind the Swingin’ Pig Vimeo account edited the best performance footage shot by filmmaker D.A. Pennebaker during Dylan’s legendary 1966 World Tour and paired it with soundboard audio to create the stellar 48-minute The Best Of Elston Gun In 1966 compilation.

Bob Dylan tapped Pennebaker to document his 1965 tour of England for what turned out to be the 1967 documentary Don’t Look Back. Pennebaker, under Dylan’s direction, assembled the film Eat The Document from the footage he shot in 1966. ABC had commissioned the film and when the documentary was delivered, ABC executives rejected Eat The Document as “incomprehensible for a mainstream audience” as per Wikipedia. While unauthorized copies circulated in fan circles, the film was never officially released. Martin Scorsese did use some of the footage for his 2005 documentary No Direction Home.

The Best Of Elston Gun In 1966 starts with either complete or near-complete versions of “Visions Of Johanna,” “Desolation Row,” “Just Like A Woman” and “Hey Mr. Tambourine Man” from the solo acoustic portion of Dylan’s shows which started each concert. Bob went electric for the second half of each concert and faced vocal opposition from traditionalists who were mad he didn’t stick to folk music. The band for the part of the tour featured in The Best Of Elston Gun In 1966 is THE Band who were then known as The Hawks. Levon Helm couldn’t deal with the stress of facing angry audiences each night and headed home during the North American leg of the tour. Mickey Jones was on drums for the material included in the compilation.

“Tell Me, Momma” opens the electric portion of the compilation and is followed by “I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met).” A little over two minutes of “Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues” was salvaged for the compilation along with portions of “Baby, Let Me Follow You Down” and “Leopard-Skin, Pill-Box Hat.” The final segment of The Best Of Elston Gunn In 1966 is the money shot with “One Too Many Mornings” leading into the iconic “Ballad Of A Thin Man”/”Like A Rolling Stone” sequence from May 17, 1966 in Manchester, where in between songs Dylan responded to a shout from the audience of “Judas!” with “I don’t believe you … you’re a liar” before telling the band “Play it @#$%& loud.”

Watch The Best Of Elston Gunn In 1966 with thanks to The Swingin’ Pig below:

Date: April 30, 2019 11:07

One More Cup of Coffee (Valley Bellow) (Seacreast Motel rehearsal)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-30 11:34 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 30, 2019 19:52

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 1, 2019 15:57

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 2, 2019 04:16

HisBobness.com send me the rolling thunder box set pre-order page and said; limited quantities (now down to 159). really? it's not that exclusive is it?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 2, 2019 09:00

sundevil
HisBobness.com send me the rolling thunder box set pre-order page and said; limited quantities (now down to 159). really? it's not that exclusive is it?

it's limited to 1500 (1000 sold through the US store, another 500 trough the UK store). But the limited edition is not really worthwhile getting. The only extras are a poster and a replica bag tag.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2019 09:24

slewan
sundevil

it's limited to 1500 (1000 sold through the US store, another 500 trough the UK store). But the limited edition is not really worthwhile getting. The only extras are a poster and a replica bag tag.

More than just a poster, it's a limited edition/numbered lithograph.
Add in the brass luggage tag, and it might be worthwhile for some for the extra $50, though I'll pass and settle on the regular box set.

Date: May 16, 2019 03:54

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks 180g 45RPM 2LP Box Set

The Ultimate Version of Bob Dylan's 1975 Personal Masterwork: Strictly Limited to 9,000 Numbered Copies (Limit Two Per Customer)

Presenting the record's acoustic and band-supported songs with the utmost transparency, dynamics, presence, immediacy, spaciousness, and imaging, Mobile Fidelity's opulent UD1S (UltraDisc One-Step) box set makes Blood on the Tracks reach three-dimensional sonic and emotional heights never before attained. Strictly limited to 9,000 numbered copies and pressed at RTI on SuperVinyl, this ultra-hi-fi collector's edition shines a high-powered light on the fluid vocal phrasing, timbral shifts, functional rhythms, and inward-looking strumming crucial to the album's aura. You'll enjoy deep-black backgrounds, boundless soundstaging, pointillist details, staggering dynamics, and arguably, the most lifelike tonalities and nuances ever committed to vinyl. Every note, breath, and movement is reproduced with exquisite accuracy, wowing clarity, and impeccable balance.

The lavish packaging and beautiful presentation of Mobile Fidelity's Blood on the Tracks UD1S pressing befit its extremely select status. Housed in a deluxe box, the collectible version contains special foil-stamped jackets and faithful-to-the-original graphics that illuminate the splendor of the recording. Aurally and visually, it exists a curatorial artifact meant to be preserved, poured over, touched, and examined. It is made for discerning listeners that prize sound quality and creativity, and who desire to fully immerse themselves in the art – and everything involved with the album, from the images to the textures and liner notes.

[www.mofi.com]

OT: Dylan and the Dead 2003
Posted by: illyad ()
Date: May 16, 2019 15:23

I was listening to some ALD sourced Dylan/Dead material from 2003. The sound was pretty good except for the drop outs. I am wondering if someone in the Dead community either fixed these ALD or created a matrix of them.I realize that this is a Stones board but any information would be very much appreciated. TIA.

Re: OT: Dylan and the Dead 2003
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 17, 2019 01:06

alltime lowpoint for mr dylan....

OT - Happy Birthday Bob Dylan
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 24, 2019 09:54

78 years Forever Young today.

Re: OT - Happy Birthday Bob Dylan
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 24, 2019 10:12

Nah,
I think Bob's been Forever Old .

Now he's just growing into his age.

Date: May 24, 2019 10:17

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 24, 2019 12:01

Cheers Bob! Happy Birthday! thumbs up

d.f

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 24, 2019 14:12

Genius

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home