Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 18, 2019 21:39

Dime is a good source...
You want to collect the versions of the XVIth century classic "Barbara Allen" Bob did in 1988? (these covers are sublime...) There's a good chance Dime has most of them.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 18, 2019 22:09

apla
Do anybody know any Dylan oriented tracker, as [tangledupintorrents.com] is dead...

become a member of expectingrain.com – they have a rare recording section

btw.: the tickets for the Prague show I offered above are still available

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 19, 2019 20:41

Shake it up baby twist and shout....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2019 06:47

I don't remember watching these two live videos from the 1966 tour.

Just Like a Woman

One Too Many Mornings

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 20, 2019 17:34

They seem to have video from this tour, as it occasionally gets shown in various places. I wonder why they've never released everything they have from it. This is history. That version of One Too Many Mornings is sublime. Always been that way, and its even better with video and in color.

Date: March 20, 2019 23:09

RollingFreak
They seem to have video from this tour, as it occasionally gets shown in various places. I wonder why they've never released everything they have from it. This is history. That version of One Too Many Mornings is sublime. Always been that way, and its even better with video and in color.

they have released all audio recordings from the 1966 tour – on 36 CDs.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 24, 2019 13:59

Bob Dylan tour starts one week from today....Let's see if he throws out some aces...Prague shows April 7th,8th,9th,...Sold-Out!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2019 04:22

Record Store Day:

-available commercially for the first time
-edition of 7500
-exact duplicate of the test pressing

Months before Bob Dylan released Blood On The Tracks in early 1975, a small number of test pressings were circulated, consisting entirely of material from sessions at A&R Recording Studios in New York City. (Dylan re-recorded five of these tracks in Minneapolis for inclusion on the final album.) Those original records were soon bootlegged, and the alternate history of one of Dylan’s most acclaimed works was born.
music label: Legacy/Columbia 2019

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 30, 2019 07:04

yes i've finally heard those alternate new york tracks sometime last year.
there are very good recored versions on youtube; or there sure was...i'll check...

...i think they were recorded prior to what was released. it was revelation for me; i mean it stood on it's own VERY strongly; and with very engaging and lovely, but with hard emotional impact; beautiful complementary acoustic work variously.

Perhaps fans will say it's less 'pop' (tho blood on the tracks wasn't pop music production strictly speaking,
because of Dylan's unique gifts, but it was much more of an electric band thing, comparatively. yeh some of it stunned me so i use the words like transcendent and revelation but it just means he's really putting it out there, and i appreciate it...
i'd not like to launch into satire or a long essay on how moving some of it was; how open he seemed to be, and how sensitively creative the other players are...
...we'll never know because this material has already been history, deservedly; but going with that fantasy projection, if this had been the 'official' release; these tracks from NY...i think those songs would have easily impacted his fans and the general public with minimally equal force; it's important stuff imo. it cuts deep and true and is wide open; it is also lovely given all that; which is triumphant work; triumphant.

Date: March 30, 2019 14:59

More tickets available for Prague 7th,8th,9th....ya got time!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 1, 2019 08:27

Been to the show in Düsseldorf yesterday.
His voice is great arm, very strong and he's singing full of confidence in his vocal powers. Impressive.
Yesterdays version of 'Don'think twice' is one of the most beautiful things I've ever Heard in concert. I nearly cried.
Fine version of Like A Rolling Stone,too. Plus, Dylan played some damn fine harmonica throughout the show. Go see him and his fantastic band if you can.

Date: April 1, 2019 09:38

a real strong show – especially for an opening night.

the tour program is more or less the same as the previous years' one. With one difference of course: There is a photo/advertisment for the forthcoming 1975 recording box (but no release date):
see: [forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 1, 2019 09:40

[www.rollingstone.com]

"Bob Dylan to Exhibit Portraits, Handwritten Lyrics at Tulsa Art Museum
“Bob Dylan: Face Value and Beyond,” opening this May, will also display Dylan’s Andy Warhol screen tests, leather jacket from “electric” 1965 Newport Folk Festival gig

The Gilcrease Museum’s “Bob Dylan: Face Value and Beyond” will feature 12 pastel portraits – similar to the one featured on the 2013 archival release Another Self Portrait – by the rock legend. The art exhibit is also Dylan’s first since the massive, 100,000-item Bob Dylan Archives was donated to the University of Tulsa in 2016.

“It might seem like something of a curve ball to have an exhibit built around a series of paintings. But it’s really a kind of sneaky way to show what the archive truly is — something that showcases what a truly multifaceted artist Bob Dylan is,” Michael Chaiken, the curator of the Bob Dylan Archives, told Tulsa World.

“He’s best known for his music, but Dylan is also a writer of prose, a filmmaker, and someone who has been involved in the visual arts for decades. This show is an opportunity to explore all those different avenues of Dylan’s creativity.”

The portraits in “Face Value and Beyond” previously exhibited in London in 2013 and Kent State University in Ohio in 2016 before they were purchased by an Arizona couple who loaned the works to the Tulsa museum.

“One reason why this exhibit could only be done is Tulsa is that we have, with the archive, a wealth of supporting material,” Chaiken added. “When the ‘Face Value’ portraits have been shown before, there was no material that gave the portraits any real context. But here we’re able to highlight the fact that there is a precedent for those portraits.”

Chaiken added the exhibit would also feature “drawings and sketchbooks that have never been shown before,” as well as items culled from the Archives: Handwritten lyrics to some of Dylan’s greatest songs, screen tests filmed by Andy Warhol and the leather jacket Dylan wore the night he went “electric” at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival will also display."
----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 1, 2019 21:03

deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 20:51 by bobo.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 1, 2019 21:57

apla
Do anybody know any Dylan oriented tracker, as [tangledupintorrents.com] is dead...

Electric Ladyland has lots of Dylan stuff, but you need an IPv6 connection and patience!

[electricladyland.synology.me]

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 2, 2019 02:53

(deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 02:54 by Glam Descendant.

Date: April 2, 2019 02:53

Photo of RTR 1975 box:

[m.imgur.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-02 02:55 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 2, 2019 03:38

ROCKMAN

Date: April 6, 2019 16:35

Bob and the Band have arrived in Prague.....1st of 3 Shows start's Sunday night ...Looking Forward!M

Date: April 6, 2019 16:36

If your in the hood some Tickets still available!

Date: April 6, 2019 21:25

very strong shows so far on this tour!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 7, 2019 11:00

Got one front row (!!) ticket available for Prague Lucerna show - Tuesday 9th April date for face value, 4000 CZK. I sadly cannot go anymore. Write to me at wickerman767@aim.com if you are interested!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 7, 2019 19:00

Enjoy the Shows in Prague, everyone who's attending!

Date: April 8, 2019 00:15

Here's a long and very good interview with Clinton Heylin.

Clinton Heylin with Raymond Foye

What the working notebooks show, and indeed the archive itself, is how meticulous an editor of his work Dylan is, how his literary choices are almost always spot-on

"Look Out Kid" (early draft manuscript of "Subterranean Homesick Blues"). Copyright © 1965 by Warner Bros. Inc.; renewed 1993 by Special Rider Music. Additional lyrics, Copyright © 2018 Special Rider Music. Courtesy of THE BOB DYLAN ARCHIVE® Collections, Tulsa, OK.

[brooklynrail.org]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2019 14:43

Hey that's a good one AL…….. ……

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2019 00:45

the second show at Prague ended with a real surprise. After Bob had left the stage the band did an instrumental version of Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues. During the song one band member after the other left the stage. Thus at the end only the drummer was left

Date: April 9, 2019 02:41

Well that's new!

Date: April 9, 2019 07:11

I was there !!!! That was a first as far as i know.....Great show.M

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 10, 2019 00:56

video: [www.youtube.com] Nashville Skyline 50 yrs. old today! Bob & Johnny Cash.

Date: April 10, 2019 06:22

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home