Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: December 19, 2018 14:37

7th row in Prague, about 150 euros. IMO a reasonable price to see the Maestro from (relatively) close.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 19, 2018 15:06

MartinB
7th row in Prague, about 150 euros. IMO a reasonable price to see the Maestro from (relatively) close.

plus: it's the smallest venue of the tour

Date: December 21, 2018 13:14

8 more shows in Spain (in late April/early May) have been just announced
=> [www.bobdylan.com]

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: December 28, 2018 14:22

Standing tickets went on sale yesterday for Bob Dylan Prague April 7th,8th,9th...Very limited maybe about 200 per night 69 euro..Ticketmaster.cz and Ticketportal.cz.....Cool venue Cap...should be about 2,200-2,400 per night..Looking forward..looks like No Filter USA for me...will wait till 2020 European tour:-}...All the Best in 2019 Everyone!!!!!!!!

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: December 28, 2018 15:45

Got my ticket for Pamplona, Spain, April 25.

132 euros, first row. I'm happy. Very easy to get. Not even 50% is sold yet.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 28, 2018 17:23

I got my ticket and I am looking forward to the concert - yet it is annoying, that the jury of the Nobel Prize made the tickets much more expensive. Three years ago I bought my ticket one day before the show, and the small hall was half empty.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 10, 2019 19:05

Bob Dylan, Martin Scorsese Reunite for ‘Rolling Thunder’ Film, Coming to Netflix in 2019 (EXCLUSIVE)

Netflix describes Scorsese's look at Dylan and famous friends in '75 as part documentary, part concert movie and part "fever dream."

By Chris Willman

CREDIT: LOMBARD STREET/KOBAL/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK

For years, rumors have circulated among Bob Dylan fans that a documentary about his legendary, star-studded “Rolling Thunder Revue” tour of 1975-76 was in the works, and occasional whispers had a name attached: Martin Scorsese. Now, the cat can come officially out of the bag. Variety has exclusively learned that Netflix plans to release the movie in 2019, with the director’s name actually in the title: “Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese.”

The tightly-under-wraps project is said not to be quite as much of a straightforward documentary as Scorsese’s previous Dylan film, 2005’s “No Direction Home: Bob Dylan,” which zeroed in on Dylan’s crucial 1965-66 “going electric” period. “There’s a reason the word ‘story’ appears in the title,” said a source, hinting that the director may be playing with the form more in this particular film.

Upon further inquiry, Netflix provided Variety with a thumbnail description of the film that ups the tantalizing ante. “’Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese’ captures the troubled spirit of America in 1975 and the joyous music that Dylan performed during the fall of that year. Part documentary, part concert film, part fever dream, ‘Rolling Thunder’ is a one of a kind experience, from master filmmaker Martin Scorsese.”

No release date has been set. When Variety asked about a rumor that the film might appear as early as this spring, a source countered that, saying that even the announcement of a premiere date remains “months away.”

One of the few details Netflix did confirm about the movie is that Dylan himself was interviewed for it, which doesn’t necessarily go without saying, since the artist rarely allows himself to be interviewed off-camera, let alone on. A participant in the Rolling Thunder Revue tour confirmed to Variety that many of the alumni of that period have done interviews for the movie over the past few years, with most if not all of them conducted by Dylan’s longtime manager, Jeff Rosen, as was the case with “No Direction Home.”

The list of names we might see in the film, whether in present-day interviews or just vintage footage, is a fairly mind-boggling one. The Rolling Thunder Revue was conceived as a sort of loose caravan that involved the presence of poets and writers as well as past and future music luminaries. And all of them were presumably caught on film, as Dylan prepared his infamous “Renaldo and Clara” movie as well as a TV special. Among the tour participants: Joan Baez (reuniting with Dylan for duets after a long gap), band leader Bob Neuwirth, Roger McGuinn, T Bone Burnett, Ramblin’ Jack Elliott, Ronee Blakley, Mick Ronson, Scarlet Rivera, Allen Ginsberg and Sam Shepard (who published a book about the tour in 1977). Others showing up for isolated shows or appearing in the studio included Joni Mitchell, Ringo Starr, Patti Smith, Bette Midler, Kinky Friedman, Dennis Hopper and Phil Ochs.

It’s not known whether all these faces will appear in the movie, especially as Netflix’s description indicates the film will focus on the fall 1975 tour, when the loose ensemble was said to be at its ramshackle best, and not necessarily the spring 1976 follow-up, when different guests came aboard and reviews indicated the collective had lost some of its charm.

The “fever dream” aspect of Netflix’s thumbnail description may lead buffs to wonder if Scorsese will be borrowing a few cues from Dylan’s “Renaldo and Clara” film, which received only a brief release in 1978 and has never been released on home video, aside from bootlegs. Although the initial four-hour cut was hardly well received, the fictional vignettes that were shot for the project continue to be a source of fascination for Dylan buffs. (Dylan’s then-wife, Sara, played Clara, while Blakley played “Mrs. Dylan,” in one example of the vintage film’s mischief.) The more theatrical nature of the 1975 shows was heightened by Dylan appearing in whiteface in many of them.

If it does turn out to be an autumn release, that would dovetail nicely with unconfirmed expectations that the film will be coupled with a boxed set of unreleased material that would be part of the “Bootleg Series” that Sony Music puts out a new installment of every fall. At one point, both these things seemed destined for last fall. In 2017, without mentioning Scorsese’s involvement, a source in the Dylan camp told Rolling Stone that a Rolling Thunder documentary and accompanying “Bootleg Series” set might come out in the fall of 2018, possibly incorporating material from Dylan’s adjacent “Blood on the Tracks” period. That rough plan obviously changed, as the “Blood” recordings got their own dedicated box this past November, leaving the door wide open for “Thunder” to get its multi-disc due in 2019. But Netflix and Sony have not confirmed plans for a soundtrack or accompanying set.

Assuming that a “Rolling Thunder” boxed set will appear, it will be the first time the “Bootleg Series” has returned to an era already covered in Dylan’s archival collections. The third release in the series, back in 2002, was “Bob Dylan Live 1975: The Rolling Thunder Revue,” but that was a mere two-disc set structured pretty much like a straight live album, and was thought of by fans as a lost opportunity, before the “Bootlegs” began expanding to six or eight discs at a clip. There are few other eras in Dylan’s vault that buffs are as eager to see opened up, and the fact that most or all of these gigs were professionally filmed as well as recorded has whet appetites for more than 40 years.

“Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese” is not the only thing on the titular filmmaker’s plate in 2019, of course: He’s also been working with Netflix on “The Irishman,” a project that was announced four and a half years ago. That may be nothing compared to how long the Dylan film has been in the works, with some saying they were interviewed for the project as long ago as the late 2000s. “Irishman” is the one with a budget reported to be $140 million or more, but don’t tell Dylan fans that “Rolling Thunder” won’t also be epic.

[variety.com]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 22, 2019 14:08

Bob Dylan: Another Unplugged (1994)
[www.youtube.com]

The Other "Unplugged" (!)

1. I Want You 0:00
2. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right 6:41
3. Desolation Row 12:21
4. Hazel 21:55
5. Everything is Broken 26:24
6. The Times They Are a-Changin' 30:38
7. Absolutely Sweet Marie 36:38
8. Dignity 41:23
9. My Back Pages 48:03
10. Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You 55:11

Date: January 22, 2019 17:30

hopkins
[www.youtube.com]

that stuff is been in circulation for some 20 years…

Date: January 22, 2019 23:50

slewan
hopkins
[www.youtube.com]

that stuff is been in circulation for some 20 years…

thanx; sorry to distract with old news.
i keep finding heaps of Bob stuff I'd never heard.
The fans here are pretty exhaustive, thanks.
I heard wind of it on a dylan facebook site with super
knowledgeable fans and collectors also...
...there's a LOT i haven't heard. !
I've been poring over the most super early solo stuff b4 he was big news,
and then a whole heap of 'skyline' out-takes I'd never heard.
i'm a neophyte in the world of Dylanologists, or just deep Bob fans
who have really dug deep into these hundreds of songs and thousands of tracks.
there's SO MUCH damn good material and performances...cat is so amazing

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 25, 2019 22:05

"Blowin' in the Wind" plays on this Budweiser commercial.

Budweiser - Wind Never Felt Better - 2019 Super Bowl Commercial

Date: January 27, 2019 08:31

yeh i'm not fond of that.
the Ad is coming onto youtube clips quite a bit today. seen
that Dalmation for just a few seconds a Dozen times today before quickly
clicking it away.
not a good idea. i don't care how cute puppies are. also i don't care that much
that he leased the song for a commercial per se,
i'm not a purist in that sense necessarily;
i like the Rice Krispy Stones. lol...
...tho it's good to tread very carefully with associating an important song with any passing product in the marketplace...
...but i did not appreciate it at ALL,
perhaps especially because I'd sung it myself on request for a Lot of friends
last week with the MLK Holiday in view. (Martin Luther King)...
as it was done by Peter, Paul and Mary on the Mall in Washington D.C.
at that famous gathering, and was also the first song that Dylan made
money off of...and also PP&M had a Big Hit Record with it...
the Folk music scene was peaking as an, ironically,
Hitmaking Big Business-focus kinda thing
in the culture...
...tho it was very soon to be knocked away by the British Invasion;
you nasty, nasty boys over there!!! well really,...
tally ho this, punters...
...various rumors and speculation over the years postited that it might
even have saved Bob Dylan's record deal with Columbia Records...
...as only the first Album was out, and was Very much mostly cover tunes anyway...
not happy seeing that Dalmation with the wind-blown funny face in this context...
like it or not; fan or writer; conservative or liberal...and alla that jive,,,
it's an important song. Again, I don't dig it if peeps get too precious with stuff, i, myself, certainly used to at the drop of a hat.......
...it's a song and it should be distributed and heard...
so i'm not philosophically Entirely opposed to this sort of thing.
it can be great fun and a great rush for older fans, and a guide
to younger ones, so i'm not philosophocally oppsed to bad spelling...
jeeze louise...you know wot i mean...
i think...i don't think it was a good idea for me to hear those opening
notes with anticipation and then seeing a funny doggie prank...
i don't dig it.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 27, 2019 12:36

When will we have a new album with originals????

Date: January 27, 2019 13:03

Just a hunch but Bob tends to favor September for a new Record release.....We shall see...

Date: January 27, 2019 13:47

KeithNacho
When will we have a new album with originals????

I'm only guessing… but my guess is that there will be a new Bob Dylan album before there is a new Stones album

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 27, 2019 14:10

I think he's moved on from the American songbook stuff, well certainly concert-wise, so the new album will be definitely a curveball, but of what proportions who can say.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 27, 2019 14:31

mikey C
Just a hunch but Bob tends to favor September for a new Record release.....We shall see...

Great! Really hoping he is into originals now. No matter how good mostly of his American Songbook stuff is, enough is enough, and I have missed his own pen. I have started to worry if his muse has left the town for good. Prove me wrong, Bob!

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2019 22:58

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 2 February 2019

ROCKMAN

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 4, 2019 18:13

[www.youtube.com]

Bob Dylan - Interview (2004) - FULL VERSION - 60 Minutes

awesome

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 11, 2019 00:59

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Bob Dylan - Interview (2004) - FULL VERSION - 60 Minutes

awesome

Ugh, they took it down! Phenomenal interview.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: February 27, 2019 01:24

video: [www.youtube.com] Here is Santana & Bob interview 93. Carlos very polite & serious-Bob being bored & a wiseass to the stupid questions.

Date: March 7, 2019 11:08

Bob Dylan is going to release a 14 CD live box of the Rolling Thunder Revue tour (1975/76) in May!
see: [expectingrain.com]

see also amazon Spain => [www.amazon.es]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 7, 2019 21:23

slewan
Bob Dylan is going to release a 14 CD live box of the Rolling Thunder Revue tour (1975/76) in May!

Funny I was just thinking Glyn Johns taped SIX shows during the 1969 show...
Could make a fun 12-cd box. Just sayin'... And "Stray Cat Blues" from Baltimore is absolutely stunning.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2019 22:24

Bob Dylan is going to release a 14 CD live box of the Rolling Thunder Revue tour

OH dear!!! … one would need
a barrel of beer and six rounds
of ham & cheese sandwiches delivered daily …… ….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 12, 2019 18:00

They just dumped all the VIP Tickets...For Dylan April 7th,8th,9th Prague,Cz...Are on sale Now 1st and 2nd row....Good pickings..Ticketmaster.cz and Ticketportal.cz....Good hunting...Looking Forward a small venue.... Cap 2,200

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: March 13, 2019 19:33

video: [www.dailymail.co.uk] Ok so leave it to the f__ing daily mail!!! They have posted alot of aerial pics of Bob's house in Malibu!! Pretty disgusting I think. At the same time i'm wondering who is the old man in front of the cabin? lol. I guess keith's house next?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:25

mikey C
They just dumped all the VIP Tickets...For Dylan April 7th,8th,9th Prague,Cz...Are on sale Now 1st and 2nd row....Good pickings..Ticketmaster.cz and Ticketportal.cz....Good hunting...Looking Forward a small venue.... Cap 2,200

It happens to the best of them - unsold VIP tix dumped back in to the standard batch!

Date: March 16, 2019 19:59

I have spare tickets for Prague – both are on Bob's side of the stage (unless he changes, of course)

- 8.April: parket vpravo (= right side), row 7, seat 17
- 9.April: parket vpravo (= right side), row 8, seat 17

face value 3990 CZK each = 155 Euros

these are etickets – payment in Euros via paypal prefered

if you're interested in one or both tickets => send me an email: stoneshh9917@gmx.de

Date: March 18, 2019 20:07

slewan
I have spare tickets for Prague – both are on Bob's side of the stage (unless he changes, of course)

- 8.April: parket vpravo (= right side), row 7, seat 17
- 9.April: parket vpravo (= right side), row 8, seat 17

face value 3990 CZK each = 155 Euros

these are etickets – payment in Euros via paypal prefered

if you're interested in one or both tickets => send me an email: [email protected]

these tickets are still available

Posted by: apla ()
Date: March 18, 2019 20:29

Do anybody know any Dylan oriented tracker, as [tangledupintorrents.com] is dead...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home