Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 126
Re: OT Dylan 2014
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2014 22:04

slewan
And his touring year usually ends shortly before thanksgiving.

Yeah Bob likes to stuff the turkey when he's not on tour... smoking smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 26, 2014 12:27

Next Bob Dylan bootleg series volume : Complete Basement Tapes - 138 tracks on 6 CD's

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 26, 2014 13:55

Friend saw him in Brisbane last night and said he was amazing. Charlie Sexton on guitar. He plays a tiny venue on Wednesday night (capacity of about 1,000 standing)

OT Dylan Bootleg Series 11 Officially Announced. The Holy Grail?
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 26, 2014 16:39

Sorry if this was already posted, I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see it.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Can't wait for this one!

Ross

Re: OT Dylan Bootleg Series 11 Officially Announced. The Holy Grail?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 26, 2014 17:02

Speechless...eye popping smiley

The man is in best form for ages and doing magical shows all over the world, and in a meanwhile "his people" are releasing treasures like this...

And more to come...

Now that the Basement Tapes are finally being released, the Dylan camp is considering its next archival project. "We're thinking we'll revisit the 1975 era and Blood on the Tracks," says the source. "The unheard stuff from there is crazy. You can hear the first day of recordings before they put all that echo on. It's amazing."

Mamma mia... Not a bad times to be a Dylan fan, no?smoking smiley

- Doxa

Date: August 26, 2014 17:06

Looks good

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 26, 2014 17:28

Wow. On one hand this is pretty unnecessary, since I've heard those bootlegs and I usually want to blow my brains out from hearing these songs incessantly. Everything they did WASN'T genius.

On the other hand, why the hell not release it?! It is a legendary time, at least in the eyes of Dylan fans, and it deserves to see its day at some point. If its just sitting there, why not bring it out to the public.

I'm excited for this.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2014 17:48

Amazon USA pre-order:

>Deluxe CD

>Vinyl

>2CD

Date: August 26, 2014 17:59

Does the 2 cd version repeat all of the Dylan songs from the original basement tapes release?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 26, 2014 18:13

keefriffhard4life
Does the 2 cd version repeat all of the Dylan songs from the original basement tapes release?

No.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 26, 2014 18:22

...and nothing for poor Stones fanseye rolling smiley

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: August 26, 2014 18:39

Hampton 81 LOL

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 26, 2014 18:41

This is amazing. I have the pretty nifty sounding 6 CD set that came out in the late 90s/early 2000s but to finally get a version sanctioned by Bob himself and 'cleaned up' even more is incredible news.

Anyone who hasn't heard these songs is in for one hell of a treat, particularly these three songs which follow in succession.

1. "Young but Daily Growing" (Traditional, arranged by Bob Dylan)
2. "Bonnie Ship the Diamond" (Traditional, arranged by Bob Dylan)
3. "The Hills of Mexico" (Traditional, arranged by Bob Dylan)

And really can't wait for the long awaited complete Blood On The Tracks sessions. That will really be something else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-27 13:20 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 26, 2014 18:53

KRiffhard
...and nothing for poor Stones fanseye rolling smiley

No, but a Stones connection...

[An ex-ROLLING STONE editor] Marcus remembers getting a call from a stranger in early 1968, asking him to meet on a specific street corner in Berkeley at 2 p.m. sharp. "It was like a dope deal," he says. "He handed me a cassette he got while working for the Rolling Stones. I invited 15 friends over to hear it. People were cracking up. People were crying. People were shocked."

Another a rather strong 'evidence' that the 'Basement Tapes' had an influence on the Stones while making BEGGARS BANQUET...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-26 18:55 by Doxa.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 26, 2014 19:29

BobDylan.com has a complete tracklist – including copyright notes/showing which songs are covers and which are Bob Dylan compositions, see:
[www.bobdylan.com]

+ there are strong rumors that a US tour in Oct/Nov is to be announced tomorrow or on Thursday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-26 19:30 by slewan.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 26, 2014 21:36

Silver Dagger
Anyone who hasn't heard these songs is in for one hell of a treat, particularly these three songs which follow in succession.

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2014 22:14

slewan
BobDylan.com has a complete tracklist – including copyright notes/showing which songs are covers and which are Bob Dylan compositions, see:
[www.bobdylan.com]

+ there are strong rumors that a US tour in Oct/Nov is to be announced tomorrow or on Thursday.

From an email from Bobdylan.com I just received:

"Bob Dylan and his Band will be touring North America this fall. Check bobdylan.com for details on August 27".

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: August 26, 2014 23:42

Silver Dagger

Magic, true magic.

Silver Dagger
And really can't wait for the long awaited complete Blood On The Tracks sessions. That will really be somthing else.

Not sure if they are going to release the complete Blood On The Tracks Sessions, but one of Dylan's people was quoted in "Rolling Stone" saying that they have an entirely unknown and very different version of the entire album recorded solo by Dylan at the early sessions. Then there is also the test pressing which has been circulating for many years and probably lots of outtakes.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 27, 2014 03:41

It's unfortunate that many on this board that might be interested in the next Bob Dylan Bootleg Series release will miss this announcement because it got merged into a thread that was about Bob Dylan's 2014 tour. It seems like 2 totally different topics to me, even though it's about the same guy. Hopefully they will find out from another source. This is really great news!

Ross

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 27, 2014 07:28

Silver Dagger
This is amazing. I have the pretty nifty sounding 6 CD set that came out in the late 90s/early 2000s but to finally get a version sanctioned by Bob himself and 'cleaned up' even more is incredible news.

And really can't wait for the long awaited complete Blood On The Tracks sessions. That will really be somthing else.

They have been dangling the Blood On The Tracks sessions ever since Biograph in the 1980s and have still not released it. I hope they really do this time. As big a Dylan fan as I am, I just have never seen the supposed magic in the Basement Tapes that others do, apart from a few tracks. I really thought the Self Portrait box from last year was phenomenal.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 27, 2014 07:42

71Tele
Silver Dagger

They have been dangling the Blood On The Tracks sessions ever since Biograph in the 1980s and have still not released it. I hope they really do this time. As big a Dylan fan as I am, I just have never seen the supposed magic in the Basement Tapes that others do, apart from a few tracks. I really thought the Self Portrait box from last year was phenomenal.

Interesting. I agree with Clinton Heylin in that 1967 was one his best (in not best) songwriting years.

Date: August 27, 2014 12:05

It's going to be great comparing the official release with the boot CDs : for example boots have two versions of "Belshazzar" while the BS will have just one...

Otoh the boots only had 108 tracks so... hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-27 16:06 by dcba.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 27, 2014 12:32

good times to be a Zimmy fan

Date: August 28, 2014 18:57

The 6-cd box looks interesting : 2nd new versions of "I shall be released" "See You Later Allen Ginsberg" & "I'm a Fool for You"! thumbs up

According to Expectingrain.com "Banks Of The Royal Canal" seems to be renamed "The Auld Triangle", "One Single River" is "Song for Canada" & "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean" is "One Kind of Favor"

Only the 2nd version of "Belshezaar" seem to be absent from the box...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-28 20:23 by dcba.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: September 2, 2014 00:20

Fantastic live version of "Forgetful Heart", Brussels, Forest National, November 10, 2013. It's also part of most of his current shows and just as good! George Receli on drums.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 2, 2014 16:06

Really enjoyed "Forgetful Heart." Thanks for posting.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 5, 2014 16:35

Since all the Dylan stuff has been combined to this one thread... anyone here buying the Mobile Fidelity releases, numbered copies? I just picked up Blonde on Blonde, Bringing it all Back Home, and Blood on the Tracks and they are a revelation! Amazing sound. Interesting that Blonde on Blonde and Bringing it are 45rpm with two songs on each side, still one for Sad Eyed Lady, to create an even more thrilling sonic scape. Blood on the Tracks just shimmers with very crisp acoustic guitars. Great releases and very high quality packaging.

I am not grappling on weather I should get the vinyl Mono Box set... its driving me to the poor house.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 5, 2014 19:54

whitem8
Since all the Dylan stuff has been combined to this one thread... anyone here buying the Mobile Fidelity releases, numbered copies? I just picked up Blonde on Blonde, Bringing it all Back Home, and Blood on the Tracks and they are a revelation! Amazing sound. Interesting that Blonde on Blonde and Bringing it are 45rpm with two songs on each side, still one for Sad Eyed Lady, to create an even more thrilling sonic scape. Blood on the Tracks just shimmers with very crisp acoustic guitars. Great releases and very high quality packaging.

I am not grappling on weather I should get the vinyl Mono Box set... its driving me to the poor house.

Are the Mobile Fidelity releases better than the SACDs Dylan put out a few years ago. I had those and I can't see where anything could be much better than they were.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: September 5, 2014 20:02

dcba
The 6-cd box looks interesting : 2nd new versions of "I shall be released" "See You Later Allen Ginsberg" & "I'm a Fool for You"! thumbs up

According to Expectingrain.com "Banks Of The Royal Canal" seems to be renamed "The Auld Triangle", "One Single River" is "Song for Canada" & "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean" is "One Kind of Favor"

One Single River is the title given to the song "Song For Canada" by Dylan fans who did not know what the original title was. It was always "Song For Canada" as recorded by Ian & Sylvia. He also does "Four Strong Winds" and "The French Girl" on Basements. Some debate a few years ago about who wrote it. Ian Tyson obviously but cowriter has sometimes been credited as Peter Gzowski - a CBC Radio icon until his death from lung cancer. Dylan also rehearsed "The French Girl" with the Grateful Dead

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 5, 2014 20:21

stewedandkeefed
dcba

One Single River is the title given to the song "Song For Canada" by Dylan fans who did not know what the original title was. It was always "Song For Canada" as recorded by Ian & Sylvia. He also does "Four Strong Winds" and "The French Girl" on Basements. Some debate a few years ago about who wrote it. Ian Tyson obviously but cowriter has sometimes been credited as Peter Gzowski - a CBC Radio icon until his death from lung cancer. Dylan also rehearsed "The French Girl" with the Grateful Dead

French Girl was also covered by Gene Clark in 1966.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home