Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Being Mick Jagger's Girlfriend Is A Lot Of Pressure" - Marianne Faithfull
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 12, 2014 08:56

True. And the press eats it up and blows it up and while pre-internet, a fairly benign comment would just be taken with a grain..
But I'm guilty of falling into that internet/tabloid hyperbole of taking these bolded attention-getting comments too seriously.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 12, 2014 10:14

latebloomer
They may say the wrong things sometimes, but at least Marianne and Jerry do say what's really on their minds. It's refreshing in a way, most celebrity remarks are highly scripted to the point of boredom.

I don't have the impression that Marianne says what's really on her mind.
As someone noted earlier, she says whatever the interviewers lead her to say, apparently without thinking at all.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 12, 2014 15:18

with sssoul
latebloomer
They may say the wrong things sometimes, but at least Marianne and Jerry do say what's really on their minds. It's refreshing in a way, most celebrity remarks are highly scripted to the point of boredom.

I don't have the impression that Marianne says what's really on her mind.
As someone noted earlier, she says whatever the interviewers lead her to say, apparently without thinking at all.

That someone was me and I wasn't contradicting myself. I think she is easily led into saying things that she shouldn't say in a public forum, but that isn't the same as saying they aren't her thoughts. Who the heck knows what's really on her mind, or anyone else, for that matter. I think I'm gonna bow out of this conversation now before I end up with my own foot in mouth. Coffee tastes much better right now.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: August 31, 2020 21:09

The big problem with Marianne Faithfull is that she never moved on after her split with Jagger. I remember her bitchy remarks about his wedding as if Bianca was not a human. Her comments on L'wren death was classless and out of line and I don't recall her ever apologize or take it back. Even Anita Pallenberg once said that Marianne is a big talker. Now they are gonna make a movie about her, more cringeworthy one-sided "revalations" are coming.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 31, 2020 23:45

Mariuana
The big problem with Marianne Faithfull is that she never moved on after her split with Jagger. I remember her bitchy remarks about his wedding as if Bianca was not a human. Her comments on L'wren death was classless and out of line and I don't recall her ever apologize or take it back. Even Anita Pallenberg once said that Marianne is a big talker. Now they are gonna make a movie about her, more cringeworthy one-sided "revalations" are coming.

What was said about L'Wren? I don't recall.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 1, 2020 18:52

I don't get the negativity. I hear her saying that Mick's girlfriends are professionals in a sense. You apply to be with Mick. You are vetted by his lawyers. It's a type of celebrity job. Marianne comes from that long ago age when people stumbled into fame and it was a surprise.
And she's had a life and a career beyond her time with Jagger, which is still overshadowed.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 1, 2020 23:36

wonderboy
I don't get the negativity. I hear her saying that Mick's girlfriends are professionals in a sense. You apply to be with Mick. You are vetted by his lawyers. It's a type of celebrity job. Marianne comes from that long ago age when people stumbled into fame and it was a surprise.
And she's had a life and a career beyond her time with Jagger, which is still overshadowed.

Looks like you just posted the first positive reaction thanks for that wonderboy.......she had here own career prior to 1966 and after she left Mick....old saying from the 60's would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stone (with the exception of Charlie) I would say NO NO......it kills you......but Marianne did well

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 3, 2020 08:04

treaclefingers
''Anyway, it must be different for everybody. Most of these girls who are with him, since me actually, really like the fame and the money, all that s**t. I never cared.''

Her mum did. From Marianne's memoir MEMORIES, DREAM AND REFLECTIONS, p.65:

"My mother really liked Mick. Mick was wonderful; I was the bad one. Why that was I don't know, but that's how she saw it. And of course Mick was good to my mother when he and I were together. I asked Mick to buy her this little cottage called Yew Tree, and he did. Eva alway blamed me for splitting up with MIck because after I left him we didn't have any money. She thought this was stupid."

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: September 11, 2020 23:38

Her life and career post Jagger is not a problem. Good on her. Her making bitchy remarks on tabloids to promote herself is. She does have fans, though.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home