Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Being Mick Jagger's Girlfriend Is A Lot Of Pressure" - Marianne Faithfull
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2014 08:51

Marianne Faithfull is trending number one right now on Yahoo...

[www.contactmusic.com]

Marianne Faithfull - who dated Sir Mick Jagger for four years - has admitted it is an ''enormous'' pressure being in a relationship with the legendary rocker.

Marianne Faithfull thinks being Sir Mick Jagger's girlfriend is an ''enormous'' pressure.

The 67-year-old singer - who dated The Rolling Stones frontman for four years - admits they are lots of unwanted extras that come from being the rocker's girlfriend but ''for a lot of people it's worth it''.

When asked what the pressures were, she told The Sunday Times magazine: ''I really couldn't say. And I wouldn't say. That's nobody's business.

''Anyway, it must be different for everybody. Most of these girls who are with him, since me actually, really like the fame and the money, all that s**t. I never cared.''

Meanwhile, Marianne had previously admitted that she rarely spoke to her ex-boyfriend after their split, but he did call the hospital where she was being treated for breast cancer in 2005.

Recalling the chat they had, she said: ''This voice came on: 'Hello, Marian, how are you?'

''I'd know that voice anywhere, and he's the only one who ever called me Marian. We had a chat. It was lovely.''

Speaking of her time with the star in the late 1960s, she added: ''I could've stayed with Mick and he did love me, but I couldn't bear it, that world. I just felt not good enough. Low self-esteem.''

Re: "Being Mick Jagger's Girlfriend Is A Lot Of Pressure" - Marianne Faithfull
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 11, 2014 08:59

Nothing new there, I'm afraid.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 11, 2014 09:03

Those who say they don't care about money are often those who take them for granted. Try being without money for a while and repeat that sentence...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-11 09:24 by Stoneage.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 11, 2014 10:05

'Most of these girls who are with him, since me actually...'
How arrogant.
She equated Lwren's death with her own 'suicide attempt' ...
'It could have been me' Le sigh...
She doesn't know what was going on with Lwren and needs to leave it alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-11 10:07 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 11, 2014 10:50

Stoneage

Nothing new there, I'm afraid.

Yep - being the 1st Lady of a State President is sometimes a lot of pressure too .....

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 11, 2014 11:55

stupidguy2
'Most of these girls who are with him, since me actually...'
How arrogant.
She equated Lwren's death with her own 'suicide attempt' ...
'It could have been me' Le sigh...
She doesn't know what was going on with Lwren and needs to leave it alone.

I totally agree!
And how about the "I never cared." (the fame and the money)...stating this nearly 44 years after their relationship ended is very bad acting to put it mildly.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 11, 2014 12:00

"Being Mick Jagger's [ex] Girlfriend" brings a lot of media cover.

RE English female singers I'm much more interested in what PJ Harvey is up to.
Marianne? Pfff...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 11, 2014 12:11

When asked what the pressures were, she told The Sunday Times magazine: ''I really couldn't say. And I wouldn't say. That's nobody's business."

I know a lot of things. But I couldn't say what they are. eye rolling smiley

It's really hard to say whose meaningless blah blah blah is worse - contactmusic or Marianne Faithfull.
Getting them both in one splat reaches 11 on the cringemaking scale.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 11, 2014 13:16

She's deluding herself if she thinks she could have stayed with Mick. He had already been seeing Marsha Hunt for quite awhile, although she still lived with him. And then his r'ship with Bianca overlapped as well. He was being pressured to break up with her because of her heroin addiction.

I was very surprsed that a lot of their r'ship was non-sexual. Apparently their sex life faded early on in the piece. (This is not baseless gossip; it is from an interview in one of the early bio's. I don't have my RS books with me so can't recall which one.)

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 11, 2014 16:17

Bliss
She's deluding herself if she thinks she could have stayed with Mick. He had already been seeing Marsha Hunt for quite awhile, although she still lived with him. And then his r'ship with Bianca overlapped as well. He was being pressured to break up with her because of her heroin addiction.

I was very surprsed that a lot of their r'ship was non-sexual. Apparently their sex life faded early on in the piece. (This is not baseless gossip; it is from an interview in one of the early bio's. I don't have my RS books with me so can't recall which one.)

Yes I remember.
But she no longer likes to be remembered to the white stuff period...
Nowadays our heroine is addicted to being heroic: she survived MJ and lives to tell.

Date: August 11, 2014 18:51

I don't like how she assumes, implies that Lwren's death was the result of all the 'pressure' of being with Mick.
That's disreptful to Mick and Lwren, like that's all Lwren was, Mick's 'girlfriend'.
Tasteless.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 11, 2014 19:28

On Marianne's headstone, we may see:

I CONTINUE TO FEEL THE PRESSURE OF HAVING BEEN
MICK JAGGER'S GIRLFRIEND, IT KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 11, 2014 23:50

Marianne has a new album out.....methinks she's trying to promote it somehow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2014 23:56

.....what a drag it is tryin' ta flog a new album ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 12, 2014 00:36

Stoneage
Try being without money for a while

She did. For quite a long while actually

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 12, 2014 00:54

I've read both of Marianne's books and I took away from it that she is often her own worst enemy, but I don't think she is mean spirited. She shouldn't do interviews because she can't seem to filter her comments properly and gets easily led into territory that gets her into trouble by writers looking for some dirt. I also think there is a lot that was probably left out of the printed version of this interview that may give more context to her remarks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 12, 2014 01:02

MOJO

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 12, 2014 01:04

latebloomer
I've read both of Marianne's books and I took away from it that she is often her own worst enemy, but I don't think she is mean spirited. She shouldn't do interviews because she can't seem to filter her comments properly and gets easily led into territory that gets her into trouble by writers looking for some dirt. I also think there is a lot that was probably left out of the printed version of this interview that may give more context to her remarks.

I think I'm inclined to agree with you.

Date: August 12, 2014 01:11

treaclefingers
latebloomer

There is no direct reference to L'Wren in her remarks about Mick's past girlfriends so it's hard to know exactly who she's talking about. It's a really short interview, not much to go for for all the assumptions being made. But, again, she often puts her foot in her mouth as soon as she opens it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-12 01:19 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 12, 2014 01:33

As Marianne herself once said, she's not everybody's cup of tea:

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: August 12, 2014 01:44

MKjan
On Marianne's headstone, we may see:

I CONTINUE TO FEEL THE PRESSURE OF HAVING BEEN
MICK JAGGER'S GIRLFRIEND, IT KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT.

Thanks for that. It gave me a big laugh.

Marianne Faithfull interview - The Sunday Times, August 10
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 12, 2014 01:54

latebloomer
There is no direct reference to L'Wren in her remarks about Mick's past girlfriends so it's hard to know exactly who she's talking about. It's a really short interview, not much to go for for all the assumptions being made.

Contact Music cherry picked comments from a longer interview in The Sunday Times in which Marianne did mention L'Wren specifically.

My upside down world

Krissi Murison Published: 10 August 2014

Marianne Faithfull today, in her Paris apartment (Pal Hansen)

[www.thesundaytimes.co.uk]

Date: August 12, 2014 02:31

Thanks Bye Bye J, but I can't read the rest of the article unless I pay a fee.

Date: August 12, 2014 03:32

Rolling Hansie
Stoneage
Try being without money for a while

She did. For quite a long while actually

Due to her own addictions. Not be cruel, I've known people with addiction issues, but she always blames Mick or the world for her downtrodden days.

Date: August 12, 2014 03:43

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

There is no direct reference to L'Wren in her remarks about Mick's past girlfriends so it's hard to know exactly who she's talking about. It's a really short interview, not much to go for for all the assumptions being made. But, again, she often puts her foot in her mouth as soon as she opens it.

There are several new interviews, including the one in the Independent in which she mentioned the 'poor Lwren' comment and that it 'could have been me'.
I enjoyed her book and actually find her funny and entertaining. She had a self-depreciating sense of humor throughout her book. But in interviews, she can come across as extremely self-aborbed and melodramic and derisive of Jagger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-12 03:45 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 12, 2014 04:00

<<Marianne has a new album out.....methinks she's trying to promote it somehow.>>

Many artists manage to do this without the "cliffhanger effect" of taglines devoted to salacious gossip.

It's apparent that even she doesn't have great regard for herself as an artist.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: August 12, 2014 04:04

This woman is pathetic.
If she's misquoted/taken out of context/whatever she sure never goes about making a point of anything being public corrected for the record.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 12, 2014 04:24

stupidguy2
There are several new interviews, including the one in the Independent in which she mentioned the 'poor Lwren' comment and that it 'could have been me'.

There's no interview in The Independent. They - and numerous other news outlets - took those L'Wren comments from The Sunday Times magazine.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Date: August 12, 2014 04:32

bye bye johnny
stupidguy2

There's no interview in The Independent. They - and numerous other news outlets - took those L'Wren comments from The Sunday Times magazine.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Its been reprinted in several, including the Daily Mail, which is why I thought it might have been taken out of context at first.

But it is separate interview from the Mojo story. I was responding to lateblooomer, who said Marianne never directly mentioned Lwren. J
Jerry Hall can also stick her foot in her mouth often, so I'm not just picking on Marianne...in fact, when Jerry says something stupid, I roll my eyes and long for the days of Marianne's witty comments.
But then Marianne will say something and...

Date: August 12, 2014 05:46

stupidguy2
bye bye johnny
stupidguy2

[www.independent.co.uk]

Its been reprinted in several, including the Daily Mail, which is why I thought it might have been taken out of context at first.

But it is separate interview from the Mojo story. I was responding to lateblooomer, who said Marianne never directly mentioned Lwren. J
Jerry Hall can also stick her foot in her mouth often, so I'm not just picking on Marianne...in fact, when Jerry says something stupid, I roll my eyes and long for the days of Marianne's witty comments.
But then Marianne will say something and...

I was speaking only of the short news item the OP posted. I stand corrected, stupidguy2. They may say the wrong things sometimes, but at least Marianne and Jerry do say what's really on their minds. It's refreshing in a way, most celebrity remarks are highly scripted to the point of boredom.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home