Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Edge versus Keith/Ron
Date: June 13, 2005 23:06

U2 use backing musicians. As previously mentioned they hide them at the side or under the stage. The Edge would be somewhat lost without his bank of effects ! I'd like to hear him nail a Chuck Berry riff !!

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: June 13, 2005 23:20

It's quite funny to read endless debates if anyone is better than Stones. If I remember right, in 2003 we could read almost the same posts regarding Bruce. To be honest I really enjoyed Bruce's show as I did with the Stones and I am looking forward to see U2 this summer. All of them are great musicians but Stones are Stones and they are still number 1 for me. It is impossible to compare them... And I hope Pearl Jam will be the next hot topic in this comparison thing :-), they deserve it.

I think that U2 are on their popularity peak right now. U2 tix was one of the hardest thing to get this year (2 Dublin shows sold out in 22 minutes and the rest sold out within a few hours). This is what Stones can hardly achieve now - but they toured two years ago, so it's quite natural that the demand is saturated.

When you argue that U2 can't rock - I got DVD called U2 go home (2001 Slaine castle show) and it is a masterpiece. And Edge's guitar is quite distinctive as Keith's and as any other great player.

Anyway, I can't wait the Stones come back to Europe next year, hopefully they play at Czech republic again as they did during last three tours... :-)

See you next year!

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 14, 2005 01:16

TooTough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Imagine U2 playing a Chuck Berry tune! An
> awful thought.

U2 playing Let It Rock...
Now that would be very interesting.
I wonder if Bono would find some social relevence in the lyrics.
"the UN must supply shoes to all railroad workers."
"working in the sun in Mobile, Alabama? Call Amnesty International."
Where's Bob Geldof?"

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 14, 2005 11:01

I just feel the need to quote some of the others:
"Bono sucks"
"Like comparing coca cola with champagne."
"Bono is more like having a cup of tea with the prime minister"
"Wait until they are in their sixties"
Obviously these are not my words, but I do understand the motivation
behind them.

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: June 14, 2005 13:04

Seriously, I still think this comparison between the Edge and Keith is the worst thing one can do. Keith may be posing during recent tours, but he's still one of the best guitarist imo. Just listen to No Expectations! His playing is incredible, so much feeling. The Edge will never write or play something like that. It's incomparable!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 14, 2005 14:11

These are all three some of the great guitarrists in Rock history. Keith nd Ron have similar styles and happen to play in the same band.
Edge gets a whopping on this board because he plays in U2. But he is a monster. really really inventive and with integrity. he's from a diffenernt generation of player thanb Keith. Blues isn't his thing. Yeah he can't play the Blues and Bono should quit trying to get him to do it. But he carries "Where the Streets" pretty well. Keith on the other hand supposedly had to drop "One Hit" last tour...

Date: June 14, 2005 14:23

Yes, but aren't we glad Keith dropped that tune? haha

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 14, 2005 14:41

I thought this was supposed to be a Site for hardcore fans of the Rolling Stones,it seems these talk pages are been infiltrated by U2 fans.I say to those people switch sites ang get off our cloud.You want to compare U2 with another band try Cold Play.You people will be comparing Robbie Williams with Bob Dylan next.If you really think you can compare U2 and the Stones you are extremely ignorant.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 14, 2005 14:54

actually in this thead I see very few (if any) U2 fans. I see severeal "hardcore fans" from the Stones Coloring Book line, and a bunch of folks who state (truthfully so) that it's pointless to compare two totally different masters of their craft.

Date: June 14, 2005 15:09

"you people will be comparing Robbie Williams with Bob Dylan next"

hahahahahaha I think I just pissed my pants!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 14, 2005 15:14

"It's obvious that even the hard core fans have lost their faith in the Stones."....eh? Since when? Sod off if you have......

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: June 14, 2005 15:15

"eh? Since when? Sod off if you have......"

Why all these anxious comparisons then?

Date: June 14, 2005 15:35

Nothing better to do I'd guess......hey how about that Vibrato stuff

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: June 14, 2005 16:45

Yes Robbie doesnt come up with new stuff is he? Bob on the other hand is still experimenting just like U2. And he made one of his five best albums in 1997. Robbie is really just a Vegas-act.

Date: June 14, 2005 16:50

Isn't Robbie Williams doing another Swing CD (god help us!)? Can't get more Vegas eh.
So thats a live album, a greatest hits and if I'm right another swing album in a row....you'd never guess his songwriter/arranger has gone. Gotta fill the record contract somehow....

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: June 14, 2005 16:50

Rutger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone said Bono is a better singer... That's the
> worst thing one could say in comparison to Mick.
>
>
>
> Edited 2 times. Last edit at 06/13/05 02:31 by
> Rutger.

I said that and I whink Im right. However Mick used to be the best one and Bono has never ever been close to that and never will be. Keith can play guitar and I hope he will do that instead of posing. Also, U2 has never really been about teaching the blues. They have their own style.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home