Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Slave question
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 16:25

I think it would go over great in certain markets. Smaller markets might want the hits only as the band probably doesn't play there too often (Jacksonville) but multiple night in NY or Chicago would be fine. It would certainly create a internet buzz.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:06

would be good live, its an amazing song, there is a great version on youtube, extended, recorded in 1974 with a super promo video filmed in some banana plantation.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:07

Here's a live version (Gov't Mule):

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:36

ryanpow
What would Mick do for most of the song ?

In the 70's/80's when most of the revenues from a show was in cash he could have spent the duration of the song counting the money.
"Get me Bill Graham there's 22$ missing out of 785,012! I want to know why".

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:46

for that song to be done live, the audience would have to be one that didnt expect to hear only the familiar..

can you imagine it being played in a fun small venue..

thats where it belongs.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2019 00:52

Yeah that dirty groove of
Slave belongs in a small club … …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 1, 2019 01:51

Add som lyrics, a bridge and a chorus and this song would work well live. Retire Miss You and play this one instead. But why bother when they got the warhorses...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 1, 2019 06:46

ryanpow
What would Mick do for most of the song ?

What does Mick do during Keith's solo spot? --- Oh, Rockman answered that already winking smiley

Date: August 1, 2019 11:22

Stoneage
Add som lyrics, a bridge and a chorus and this song would work well live. Retire Miss You and play this one instead. But why bother when they got the warhorses...

It has lyrics and a bridge. And definitely a chorus.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 1, 2019 12:13

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

But Jagger doesn't have a sax player at hand who, live, would elevate the song to the sublime level the studio version reaches. In short : Denson ain't no Rollins.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 1, 2019 15:31

dcba
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

But Jagger doesn't have a sax player at hand who, live, would elevate the song to the sublime level the studio version reaches. In short : Denson ain't no Rollins.
no .. Sonny Rollins is a most unique player...

that said, I bet Karl Denson would love to have a go at Slave..

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 1, 2019 21:20

dcba
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

+ 1

Date: August 1, 2019 21:55

dcba
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Tim is close.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 2, 2019 08:06

buttons67
would be good live, its an amazing song, there is a great version on youtube, extended, recorded in 1974 with a super promo video filmed in some banana plantation.

Link?

Date: August 2, 2019 10:33

dcba

That's what rehearsals are for. I'd rather give Denson a chance than not have Slave at all.

Date: August 2, 2019 11:06

The more jazzy stuff is usually played by Tim Ries.

Date: August 2, 2019 11:15

Tim's also fine with me.

Also, I don't see why Slave shouldn't work in a stadium. I think it would work well if played well.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 2, 2019 11:39

Slave is another boring piece.Not many people want,s this one played in a concert

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 3, 2019 06:03

harlem shuffle
Slave is another boring piece.Not many people want,s this one played in a concert

The idiot wind blows.

A lot of casual fans have TATTOO YOU, it's sold over 4 million copies in the US alone. It would blow a lot of minds if they played Slave.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 3, 2019 07:13

While the song is easily 10/10 for me, I know quite a few Stones fans who skip it when playing TATTOO YOU as they consider it filler.

Yes, I pity them, but at least they are Stones fans.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 3, 2019 20:17

I really like the tone of the main rhythm guitar on Slave which I assume is Keith. Does anyone know the guitar and amp set-up here? Doesn't sound open G to me and I can't place it as a Fender or Gibson sound.

To me, the guitar solo sounds like Keith on a Telecaster or Gibson Jr.

Anyone have any insights?

Date: August 3, 2019 21:04

GasLightStreet
Do you really think they have sold 4million copies because of Slave?You called me an idiot,you are a stupid clovn
harlem shuffle

The idiot wind blows.

A lot of casual fans have TATTOO YOU, it's sold over 4 million copies in the US alone. It would blow a lot of minds if they played Slave.

Re: Track Talk: Slave
Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 4, 2019 10:55

Try Jimmy McIntosh's version of Slave with Ronnie from his album From New Orleans to London.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2019 11:47

I know quite a few Stones fans who skip it when playing TATTOO YOU

HECK!!! .... what happened???
Did they go to the crossroads at midday and meet Pat Boone.... ?????

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2019 13:33

punkfloyd
I really like the tone of the main rhythm guitar on Slave which I assume is Keith. Does anyone know the guitar and amp set-up here? Doesn't sound open G to me and I can't place it as a Fender or Gibson sound.

To me, the guitar solo sounds like Keith on a Telecaster or Gibson Jr.

Anyone have any insights?

There is only one guitar track. Keith is playing in standard tuning.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 4, 2019 19:22

I was about to say the custom but it cant be. He got that later in May(?)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2019 19:27

harlem shuffle

says the poster with the 'hit single' off Dirty Work as a moniker.

Date: August 4, 2019 23:54

Well Harlem Shuffle is anyhow much better Than Slave
treaclefingers
harlem shuffle

says the poster with the 'hit single' off Dirty Work as a moniker.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 00:28

I looooooove this track and it has always been my favorite on the album. Killer groove.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 5, 2019 14:56

harlem shuffle
GasLightStreet
Do you really think they have sold 4million copies because of Slave?You called me an idiot,you are a stupid clovn
harlem shuffle

The idiot wind blows.

Hey stupid clown, I said the idiot wind blows. Which I was correct about.

Learn how to read, as well as quote - and understand facts, if you can. How you invented TATTOO YOU selling 4 million copies because of Slave is beyond idiotic.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home