Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Shall I get a Rolling Stones tattoo?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 4, 2014 16:23

This one is cool. cool smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 4, 2014 16:53

The Satisfaction riff in musical notation would be cool.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: August 4, 2014 17:15

Do it... only if you are more than 35 years old.
I got mine at 38 y.o. and I am proud of it. I got a tongue im my arm (upper) but it's covered by the sleeve of my shirt most of the time. I show it only when I want.
I don't need any symbol to be what I am, but that Stones tongue means a way of life I'll always want to live. It's a matter of philosophy, an attitude.

Date: August 4, 2014 17:50

Not a fan of Tats but it's your body and your money not mine. At some point (probably not in your lifetime) tattoo's will go back out of their current popularity and people with tattoo's will be stereotyped as old and dated. Some people of course won't care but others surely will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-04 17:59 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 4, 2014 18:56

Thank you Acquamarine. It is a lovely tattoo. I am looking for one about the same sizehot smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 4, 2014 19:03

latebloomer

Really? It has that "made by a retard with ink and a needle" feel.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: August 4, 2014 19:59

latebloomer

I agree, it looks cool and is probably a bit light in the humour-vein as to I assume that is the "right arm" and then on the left, you could have the same thing but for "left".

The Lion on Bridges to Babylon makes for, if one wants it, a nice looking tattoo. A few of those around in an unrelated note.

And a last note, some tatts are on the internet but I'm unsure if some pictures are just models or real tattoos. I've watched quite a bit of Law and Order and sometimes you have a character with tattoos but the ink is still shiny meaning just there for the show.

Tattoos are fine from my point of view. I know some people have second thoughts after they've gotten them but to me it makes no difference.

Basic Hendrix tattoo; [deography.com]

LZ: [media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com] From Sweden the pinterest indicates.

Looks okay, I think the Om symbol or sanskrit is kind of sharp too. Maybe Lotus? That's the thing, there are a lot of cool tattoos to pick this or that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-04 20:07 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: August 4, 2014 20:52

Honey, if you have to think about it, and if you're not drunk, the answer is NO!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 4, 2014 21:04

Pietro
Honey, if you have to think about it, and if you're not drunk, the answer is NO!

>grinning smiley< What I say!

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: August 5, 2014 00:58

Absolutely! But have some balls and put it on your face, Mike Tyson style.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 5, 2014 01:12

Of course you should - but if you are asking then the answer is NO

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 5, 2014 01:29

<<I am having a mid life crisis and fancy having the Rolling Stones tongue tattooed on one of my arms or back.>>

The thing about the mid-life crisis is, it's not permanent. It will just wear off after a while--unlike your tattoo, which will always be there to remind you of the most desperate interval of your entire life.

You may wish to consider one of those temporary tattoos--because unlike a tattoo, you can always change your mind....

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: August 5, 2014 02:08

The thing about the mid-life crisis is, it's not permanent. It will just wear off after a while...

Not so sure about that, stonehearted. I'm solidly into middle age and I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up. Maybe it's cause I still don't feel like a grown up.grinning smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 5, 2014 02:11

latebloomer
The thing about the mid-life crisis is, it's not permanent. It will just wear off after a while...

Not so sure about that, stonehearted. I'm solidly into middle age and I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up. Maybe it's cause I still don't feel like a grown up.grinning smiley

I hear ya. Personally, I think it's a bit late for me to grow up now. grinning smiley

Date: August 5, 2014 02:13

I solved that dilemma for myself by resolving to never grow up. smiling smiley

Date: August 5, 2014 02:18

stonehearted
I solved that dilemma for myself by resolving to never grow up. smiling smiley

Probably the one thing all of us here have in common. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2014 02:18

I solved that dilemma for myself by resolving to never grow up

.....awwww you got that from Mick - 100 Years Ago.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: August 5, 2014 02:40

You'll never regret getting this one!!

Date: August 5, 2014 02:54

<<.....awwww you got that from Mick - 100 Years Ago.....>>

To be honest, I had to look up the lyrics to see what you were getting at--and what do you know? Seems there's wisdom in it after all. So, let's honor Mick's approach, as it seems to be working for him 40 odd years on. smileys with beer

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 5, 2014 02:57

You know, I used to think relaxed fit jeans was a good idea. Fortunately, my tastes evolved and I don't wear them any more. They are not permanently applied to my skin - forever. How many tattoos would you really be comfortable liking ten, 20 years from now? What strikes me most about them is how horribly awful the art is on most of them. Crudely-drawn images in mostly blue-green ink. Chinese characters that are often mis-translated. Names of significant others who move on after a couple of years (unfortunately that great tattoo you did of "Angela" stays when Angela herself is long gone.)

I'm old school. Tattoos are for the navy or the circus.

Date: August 5, 2014 02:59

Markdog
You'll never regret getting this one!!

Must have seemed like a good idea at the time...sort of like the Dirty Work album.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: August 5, 2014 04:04

71Tele
You know, I used to think relaxed fit jeans was a good idea. Fortunately, my tastes evolved and I don't wear them any more. They are not permanently applied to my skin - forever. How many tattoos would you really be comfortable liking ten, 20 years from now? What strikes me most about them is how horribly awful the art is on most of them. Crudely-drawn images in mostly blue-green ink. Chinese characters that are often mis-translated. Names of significant others who move on after a couple of years (unfortunately that great tattoo you did of "Angela" stays when Angela herself is long gone.)

Bikers, Barristas at Starbucks, with the '80s big hair bands, I'd say it became a rock music thing as well.

And a lot of others.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 5, 2014 05:24

latebloomer

You're getting ready to overload.

Date: August 5, 2014 08:17

BroomWagon
71Tele

Bikers, Barristas at Starbucks, with the '80s big hair bands, I'd say it became a rock music thing as well.

And a lot of others.

Oh yeah, it did. You can add annoying hipsters. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Re: Shall I get a Rolling Stones tattoi?
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 5, 2014 18:50

Aquamarine
Yeah, go on, do it! I've got a little tattoo that I got when I realized that after 50 years I wasn't going to go off this band any time soon, and I love seeing it in the mirror every morning. smiling smiley
Yep...I got one for my 50th Birthday as a present from my sister. Just a small tongue on my left upper arm ! I'll never have another one, though, my pain threshold is too low !

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: August 6, 2014 11:03

I do have a Stones tattoo, and it's nothing I've been regretting ever since. It's my life, it's my attitude, something that enormously influenced my life since I was 10 years old.
Many people have their kids' names tattooed on arms, backs, bellies, necks or wrists. I wear a Stones tongue with my son's name on the place above my heart. That's me. I'm a Stones fan and love my son.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: August 6, 2014 11:38

Raymond82
It hurts. 100%.

It depends where you take it and what is your tolerance of pain. I have a tattoo on my left shoulder and it didn't hurt at all. Infact, I fell asleep while the artist was doing it tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 7, 2014 12:14

latebloomer

Mid life:

"Now is not the time to think about what I want to be like, it's time to BE what I want to be like"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 7, 2014 12:29

bitusa2012

Mid life:

"Now is not the time to think about what I want to be like, it's time to BE what I want to be like"

And that often brings horrific results! Like 45 y.o. tattooed chicks wandering all day in bra or guys who let their beer belly grow and grow and grow... sad smiley

Being what you want to be like often revelas what's inside of you and that may be not pretty.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 7, 2014 14:01

dcba
bitusa2012

Mid life:

And that often brings horrific results! Like 45 y.o. tattooed chicks wandering all day in bra or guys who let their beer belly grow and grow and grow... sad smiley

Being what you want to be like often revelas what's inside of you and that may be not pretty.

blah blah blah

Just be yourself and be happy.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home