Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Daily Express article 5 June 1986
Posted by: huricane ()
Date: July 18, 2014 09:45

Daily Express article 5 June 1986
I'm so browned off with Jagger

Mick in Glasto

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-24 19:29 by bv.

Re: I'm so browned off with Jagger
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 18, 2014 09:56

I've come to tell you that I’m sticking it out

................................... I Love You Too Much - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:18

arrff it's just an old and bad memory.
I remember that time when some people around me were almost happy to think that the Stones were over and dead.
I said no guys, don't you hurry it's just a small rain.
You're gonna regret what you said and will have to apoligize if you don't want to have a tragic fate.
A band like that never dies and I'm happy because I was right !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:42

jpasc95
arrff it's just an old and bad memory.

yeah and I'm sure Keef regrets a song like "You Don't Move Me" confused smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 18, 2014 13:39

bad history, at a time when there was bad blood . a good read about this time is the bill german book

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2014 15:58

Here Richards speaks the truth. This was the beginning of the end for the band. At least as an artistic entity. From here on they were a dysfunctional family.
And it was Jagger's vanity who ended it. Was it worth it? Keith remained loyal to the band. Jagger didn't.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 18, 2014 16:07

There are (at least) two sides to this story. Keith must have been impossible to work with and to be with for a long time and he now knows it (just read Life). Mick has been keeping it together but had enough by that time. And then the roles reversed...

But yes, it was the beginning of the end of the Stones as a creative band.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 16:19

Stoneage
Here Richards speaks the truth. This was the beginning of the end for the band. At least as an artistic entity. From here on they were a dysfunctional family.
And it was Jagger's vanity who ended it. Was it worth it? Keith remained loyal to the band. Jagger didn't.
Why is it Jagger who ended it? Is it because most of us who are fans have read over and over again Keith's diatribes against Jagger, yet Jagger never really dishes the dirt on Keith? Imagine how hard it was for Jagger during the 70s babysitting an adult. Never knowing if he was going to sink the entire band because of his addiction? And having his partner not even participating in a true partnership, always being late, not showing up, or showing up so stoned they couldn't really work? So again, this was not all Jagger, there were two players in this dance, yet Keith is very vocal about losing his "friend". But it often seems like he pushed his friend away. Additionally, you have Jagger who wants to do different stuff, try different musical experiments and is met by insults and anger? Who wouldn't want to move into a solo career when confronted by that?

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 16:41

as much as i love mick and keith for what they did for the band, mick comes across as a real professional while keith sometimes comes across as a bit of an arse at times.

maybe this could have been discussed during the 80,s instead of the fighting that went on.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 18, 2014 16:48

Always take's 2....Being together
that long is amazing....Funny most people
don't stayed married that long..haha.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2014 17:02

Well...it's a personal conversation that Keith should have had with Mick, maybe without the 'shouting'.

If you have any kind of clear head, you don't communicate that in an interview and expect your mate to come running to you with arms spread wide open.

Keith has proven through the years he has no filter, which can be endearing and completely irritating.

Date: July 18, 2014 17:11

Keith did try to talk to Jagger---That was reported
back in the day....It was also said in the above interview.

It was Jagger who was looking for something different.

I don't blame Mick for wanting his OWN career and I don't
find fault for Keith wanting to keep it together.

Mick was searching for his OWN thing...And was NOT talking
to Keith. Plus Charlie was having his own problems.

Again takes 2 to fight.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 18, 2014 17:38

hot stuff

yeah it was what Walter Yetnikoff whispered in his ear "you're the star of the band... You don't need the other three has-beens. It's time to start YOUR solo career".
Few ppl realize WY was as much destructive to the band in the 80's as was Klein in the 60's.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 18, 2014 18:43

I think this is the first time for forty years I've heard anyone say "browned off." If that's what he actually said. grinning smiley

Date: July 18, 2014 18:50

hot stuff

Again takes 2 to fight.

While I agree with your insights, I think it's rather telling that you say Keith did try to talk to Jagger, that was reported back in the day

It seems likely it was 'reported' because Keith said so otherwise how the hell do we even find out? My point being that 'internal' stuff should be between them, and not aired in the press. Once the internal stuff goes public, you get to WWIII very quickly because now Jagger is defensive.

It's easy to say that MJ made some bad moves in the 80s, but Keith didn't help things by airing his disapproval of it publicly...just like he didn't help anything with his 'observations' about 'dogshit in the doorway' or the ruminations in his book.

Too bad he has an inability to keep it classy...he might not be left wondering 'where his friend went'.

Date: July 18, 2014 18:51

Aquamarine
I think this is the first time for forty years I've heard anyone say "browned off." If that's what he actually said. grinning smiley

I must admit I have never heard the expression before. But then again I'm not a native speaker. So I had to look it up. It had nothing to do with brown-nose which I was refering to subconsciously...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 18, 2014 18:56

I think it was also the title of a Faces song, back in the day.

Date: July 18, 2014 19:08

treaclefingers
hot stuff

Again takes 2 to fight.

While I agree with your insights, I think it's rather telling that you say Keith did try to talk to Jagger, that was reported back in the day

It seems likely it was 'reported' because Keith said so otherwise how the hell do we even find out? My point being that 'internal' stuff should be between them, and not aired in the press. Once the internal stuff goes public, you get to WWIII very quickly because now Jagger is defensive.

It's easy to say that MJ made some bad moves in the 80s, but Keith didn't help things by airing his disapproval of it publicly...just like he didn't help anything with his 'observations' about 'dogshit in the doorway' or the ruminations in his book.

Too bad he has an inability to keep it classy...he might not be left wondering 'where his friend went'.

Again---That's what I'm SAYING. It takes TWO to fight.

Keith went public and turned it into a big mess. Sad they couldn't get together and work it out.

To bad that Mick and Keith couldn't agree. Mick wanted out and Keith wanted to keep going.
You can't force someone to love you if they don't want to. haha.

Anyway I can understand them both. And I'm sure Keith was hurt and just lashing out.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 18, 2014 19:12

There are two sides of every story.
Keith must have been an a** to work with sometimes.
Jagger just needed a breath.

Date: July 18, 2014 19:16

Bullshit. The break up of the Stones is Mick's baby, not Keith's. Keith tried to keep the act together. Mick wanted something else. Sure, Keith has many faults but this is not one of them.
And Keith is a musician, he's not proned to "take years off" like Jagger.

Date: July 18, 2014 19:17

hot stuff
treaclefingers
hot stuff

Again takes 2 to fight.

Again---That's what I'm SAYING. It takes TWO to fight.

Keith went public and turned it into a big mess. Sad they couldn't get together and work it out.

To bad that Mick and Keith couldn't agree. Mick wanted out and Keith wanted to keep going.
You can't force someone to love you if they don't want to. haha.

Anyway I can understand them both. And I'm sure Keith was hurt and just lashing out.

Well even if we didn't agree, it would still be cool but it seems we even agree!

Sorry, sometimes it's harder to interpret what someone means from simply reading the text. I think we're on the same page, my only point is that Keith's lashing out publicly added some complication to the issue.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 19:18

Keith saying he can 'handle' Mick's 'idiosyncracies' and 'riding them out'
What a croc of sh..
I wonder if Keith has ever had to 'handle' the 'idiosyncrasies' of a junkie.
Mick suffered several lapses in judgement in the 80s, we all know that but that had nothing to do with 'idiosyncracies' ... It was bad timing artistically and him probably dealing with a bit of a mid-life crisis and personal issues. But that was nothing compared to what Mick put up with throughout the 70s. Kieth nearly derailed the Stones because of his addictions and all that goes with it.
But so common with addicts, they often lack any self awareness.
This was a long time ago, but when I read comments like this I just get pissed at Keith all over again.

Date: July 18, 2014 19:18

We agree.. Sorry...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 18, 2014 19:19

stupidguy2
What a croc of sh..
I wonder if Kieth has ever had to 'handle' the 'idiosyncracies' of a junkie.
Mick lapsed in judgement in the 80s, we all know that but that nothing to do with 'idiosyncracies' ... It was bad timing and him probably dealing with a bit of a mid-life crisis. But that was nothing compared to what Mick put up with throughout the 70s. Kieth nearly derailed the Stones because of his addictions and all that goes with it.
This was a long time ago, but when I read comments like this I just get pissed at Keith all over again.

who..........

jeroen

Date: July 18, 2014 19:51

corriecas
stupidguy2
What a croc of sh..
I wonder if Kieth has ever had to 'handle' the 'idiosyncracies' of a junkie.
Mick lapsed in judgement in the 80s, we all know that but that nothing to do with 'idiosyncracies' ... It was bad timing and him probably dealing with a bit of a mid-life crisis. But that was nothing compared to what Mick put up with throughout the 70s. Kieth nearly derailed the Stones because of his addictions and all that goes with it.

who..........

jeroen

We're talking about the stones, not the who jeroen...keep up please.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 18, 2014 20:55

Why was this 28-year-old whinefest reposted here?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 18, 2014 22:02

This is all such a long time ago.......
The band now seems not only want to deliver a good product but also enjoy each other,at least on stage, before it's too late. I hope it Continues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-18 22:05 by EJM.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 21, 2014 13:52

jamesfdouglas
Why was this 28-year-old whinefest reposted here?

Because it's a Stones forum?

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: July 21, 2014 16:52

i rather prefer the new reborn friendship they seem to have nowadays

Date: July 21, 2014 18:09

I can't see any reborn friendship there. An acceptance of each other rather. Mostly for practical reasons I guess.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home