Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MSG NYC
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 9, 2005 23:29

I am looking for affordable but acceptable hotels in Manhattan. Anybody's got some ideas?

Re: MSG NYC
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 9, 2005 23:33

Pennsylvania Hotel must be the closest, opposite to the main entrance. You can even crawl home...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2005 23:41

I used to stay at the Milford Plaza - www.milfordplaza.com - it used to be around 1590 dollars or less. But now they must have got new owners, because they have got a stupid web and higher rates.

The Hotel Pennsylvania is really ideal, I used to stay there too some times, ass it is just across th street from MSG - just perfect - but after we killed a giant cockroach in the bathroom with a thumb size we kind of lost interest in that one.

The one that looks fine for me now is the Ramada just behind MSG as it seems:
[www.ramada.com]
It is just below 200 dollars. Hard to find something cheaper unless you find something with lower quality or more remotely located oustide Manhattan.

As it seems like many people travel into NYC that week I could look into making a page of where to stay, where to meet, great places to visit etc. Are there any great hotels around the East Village? I use to go there a lot, almost like a village in Paris or Italy with low buildings and outdoor restaurants. But the hotels seems expensive. Still I am sure some must be cheaper.

Please give advice here or by e-mail to: iorr@arena.no
Then I will collect akll this and link it into a page on its own.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-09 23:42 by bv.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2005 00:16

The Travel Inn in West 42nd Street is clean and has quite reasonable rates and it is not far away from the Garden.

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: June 10, 2005 02:45

What do you consider affordable? For $225-$250, you can stay at the Avalon on 32nd and Park Ave. You will not find a better hotel in NYC for that price. But book SOON. The place is no longer a secret.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 10, 2005 03:09

Pickwick Arms Hotel, E. 51st St. (between 1st and 2nd - or maybe 2nd and 3rd).

NOT the most exciting part of town, but a room is about $80 ([pre-tax). MSG is across town but still easy and quick to get to from there. Rooms small but clean. Do a google search of the name and street and you're likely to get an even cheaper rate through one of those hotel discount sites.

Also see www.craigslist.org

Go to the NY section and then look under vacation rentals or temporary. You should be able to get a B & B from $75 upwards. There should be no tax to pay if you stay more than a few nights (or at least I think that's the rule for non-hotel accommodation).

If there are a few of you staying for a night or two, just rent a short-term apartment through craigslist or villagevoice.com or do a google search for short-term furnished rentals new york. Much cheaper than any hotel. They often sleep several people for less than what it costs one person in a hotel. You can get them in the East Village or wherever else you prefer. Hell's Kitchen (officially known as Clinton, I think) is also a good area with lots going on and also convenient for MSG.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 10, 2005 03:22

PS - Good place to visit is Louis Armstrong's house, which is off the beaten tourist track in Queen's.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 10, 2005 04:53

Just booked a room in Hotel Pennsylvania thanks to BV and his pet cockroach.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 10, 2005 14:18

I think we just found our hotel... Eas Willage, near Tower Records, would be great, but there are so few ok hotels down there. And so many roaches...

Paramount Hotel
TIMES SQUARE/THEATER DIST. / NEW YORK
Located in Times Square, the Paramount, which will become the Hard Rock Hotel in fall 2005, is a stylish, Art Nouveau hotel designed by Philippe Stark. Hotels.com for good and special rates. See you in NY!!!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 10, 2005 14:48

I've stayed in the travel inn in NYC, I thought it was really nice for the price. However on the last day I changed my mind rapidly, let's just say it's smaller than and rhymes with 'cat' and it ran across my room.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: June 10, 2005 15:00

I encourage everyone to call 1-800-HOLIDAY for Holiday Inns and become a Priority Club Member at no cost! There are Holiday Inns all over the country and that's where I stay plus there's a Holiday Inn really close to MSG, walking distance; I stayed there in 2003, January when I went to the Stones HBO event. They are great hotels, comfy and not extremely expensive and during off-season, which is when part of this tour will take place, the rates are very low, like $99-$149. I am booked at the Stadium Holiday Inn in Philly for 3 nights for the Stones gigs at Wachovia Center and you can walk to the arena! I think I'm paying about $115 per night!! Good luck.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 11, 2005 03:52

David Letterman said the Roach Hotel is a great place. Elvis plays there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home