Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T MANIC STREET PREACHERS - "Futurology"
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 11, 2014 12:04

Any Manics fans here?

Their new album is getting incredible reviews; "Futurology" a wild mix of "post punk disco rock" as bassist Nicky Wire is memorably putting it. I haven't read reviews this good for an album in quite a while, and, I honestly think the album lives up to the hype - it's excellent.

26 years into a career, 12th album, and it may be one of their top 2 or 3 albums; great achievement.

[en.wikipedia.org])

Re: O/T MANIC STREET PREACHERS - "Futurology"
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 11, 2014 12:20

Really good band and I have the album. Not exactly post punk dico but just a good collection of songs.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 11, 2014 12:58

It's a great album! Who would have thought all those years back that they would still be around and relevant today? cool smiley

Date: July 11, 2014 13:00

I'm a huge Manics fan and the new album is truly sensational. Highly recommended to anyone on IORR who's yet to check them out.

The Manics themselves are big Stones fans and have admitted that the song 'Sex, Power, Love and Money' on Futurology was in part musically inspired by the Stones song 'Undercover of the Night'smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2014 13:03

Here you go:

"Musically we tried to fuse Nirvana/Undercover Of The Night/The Skids - tried to distil comment down to the four most powerful words and drivers in modern society - all the rest are crushed by these concepts for better or for worse. Verse meant to sound like a Joe Strummer/Mick Jagger rap that moves into an old school gigantic Manics chorus + vintage JDB guitar solo."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home