Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: WAR BABY ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:19

It's only right that the come back to los angeles before they finish in London! :-) 2015!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:22

alhavu1
North America shows sold FAST and sold out

There were many primo seats readily available the week of the shows I attended, Philly and Barclay's. It was very easy to pull up Philly "lucky dip" tickets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 01:23 by bleedingman.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:49

kahoosier wrote:

"... If the said this is good bye to our American fans, they would sell out 7 MSG shows easily with people from all over".

I think the Stones would prefer to sell out "Giants Stadium" once or twice than do 5 or 7 MSG shows. I mean, at their age, they need to save powers. Which means lesser shows - bigger venues. Just a thought.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:01

DandelionPowderman
bleedingman
DandelionPowderman
Didn't Barclay's sell out?

Eventually but there were still good tickets on sale the week of the show, both on Ticketmaster and StubHub. In my section, everyone was talking about how much they paid and most paid less than face. There should have been a "No Taylor" discount.

Same thing with a couple of Euro shows. But if it sells out, it sells out...

Oslo was one of these shows DP. Lucky Dip tickets were on sale for weeks after the main sale and all sections were available at normal prices until late. It was pretty full by showtime though empty seats were visible. Crawdaddy scored excellent seats on lucky dip. The Austrian & Hungarian couple we met in the pub after the show far less so...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 17, 2014 02:20

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
bleedingman
DandelionPowderman
Didn't Barclay's sell out?

Eventually but there were still good tickets on sale the week of the show, both on Ticketmaster and StubHub. In my section, everyone was talking about how much they paid and most paid less than face. There should have been a "No Taylor" discount.

Same thing with a couple of Euro shows. But if it sells out, it sells out...

Oslo was one of these shows DP. Lucky Dip tickets were on sale for weeks after the main sale and all sections were available at normal prices until late. It was pretty full by showtime though empty seats were visible. Crawdaddy scored excellent seats on lucky dip. The Austrian & Hungarian couple we met in the pub after the show far less so...

I think (for some reason) that was deliberate, Gregor.

The place filled up, though, even though I know lots of people spent way too much time on their pre-parties in the sun, and came late winking smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 17:02

i don't see any North american tour coming, sorry.
they played already last year, in many cities, like they did this year in europe.
I can only see a multiple ny stay maybe after mexican or costa rica gig, but after that I think realistic they will close the circle in london .
after that, if something more will happen, some expensive events in selected cities

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 21:27

Yes, they def will. That I know for fact

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: July 17, 2014 21:51

andrea66
they played already last year, in many cities, like they did this year in europe.
I can only see a multiple ny stay maybe after mexican or costa rica gig, but after that I think realistic they will close the circle in london .
after that, if something more will happen, some expensive events in selected cities
Mexico and Costa Rica ARE in North America.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:20

sorry you are right (regarding mexico, i am not sure about costa rica).. so at the end ....north america is done

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:45

tklawson
andrea66

Last time I heard, they were in Central America smiling smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:54

Both are on the continent of North America.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 18, 2014 02:11

North America is not a continent in its own right - it's just part of the continent of The Americas.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 18, 2014 02:57

Beast
North America is not a continent in its own right - it's just part of the continent of The Americas.

[www.nationalgeographic.com]

Where are you from? Were you taught that there were only 5 continents then? How do classify Europe and Asia, as Eurasia?

No disrespect with the above questions. Just curious. From reading up there seems to be, a 7-model, 6-model(Eurasia) and a 5-model(Americas/Eurasia).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-18 04:54 by MingSubu.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 18, 2014 03:18

Wow. Great video. They are so good at marketing it's unreal.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 18, 2014 04:45

Beast
tklawson
andrea66

Mexico is never considered part of Central America. It is part of Latin America though. Costa Rica is in Central America, but there is no continent called Central America. Central America is a part of the continent of North America which goes from Alaska and Canada in the north to Panama in the south.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 18, 2014 07:34

Halup
Beast
tklawson
andrea66

Mexico is never considered part of Central America. It is part of Latin America though. Costa Rica is in Central America, but there is no continent called Central America. Central America is a part of the continent of North America which goes from Alaska and Canada in the north to Panama in the south.

I hate to confuse matters further, but Costa Rica is part of Latin America, too. If you define Latin America as Spanish-speaking America, in which case you'd have to excise the large chunk of the South American landmass that is Brazil, of course.

I basically find it easiest to think of it as, there's a big bit at the top which is North America and has got Mexico in it, a thin bit that's central America, plus some little islands, and then a big bit at the bottom that's South America. What language everybody speaks seems to be up for grabs these days.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2014 08:31

Please DO NOT use this thread for geographical small talk or other very off-topic issues like videos and so on. Feeel free to post if you have info about rumoured dates.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 18, 2014 19:07

Oops.

alhavu1
Yes, they def will. That I know for fact

OK, so how do you know?

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: July 20, 2014 01:38

I have some insiders

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 20, 2014 12:12

Gawd Blimey ! The insiders are back again. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2014 13:34

laertisflash
kahoosier wrote:
"... If the said this is good bye to our American fans, they would sell out 7 MSG shows easily with people from all over".
I think the Stones would prefer to sell out "Giants Stadium" once or twice than do 5 or 7 MSG shows. I mean, at their age, they need to save powers. Which means lesser shows - bigger venues. Just a thought.
two really big shows would fit the recent touring schedule better than
a "grand stand" of a whole week. but that they haven't done it doesn't mean
they can't do it. admit after i saw them in Hyde Park my thoughts were about
them "saving powers" too. then the European Tour wasn't saving on anything.

to all those people defining MSG as the Stones' "true home" i am sure they
will return to New York, US Tour or not. i found it highly peculiar in 2012
that they played the Barclays Center on last notice while the two beforehand
announced concerts weren't even in NY (Newark, NJ instead). and the fans
who were following the Band at that time will still remember that the Stones
actually did play Madison Square Garden in 2012. a gig of exactly two songs,
one of which was YGMR, during some charity event. those "MSG-preachers"
must've felt somehow joshed by Jagger, who doesn't seem
to regard the venue that great after all.

edit: really they're bound to return since they didn't play Shattered there yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-20 13:42 by Nikkei.

Date: July 20, 2014 14:52

just watched the MSG121212 performance again.
what a sound this venue has! Jaggers comment
about Old English Musicians is also ace. just
as Mr Watts ba dumm tss response =)

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 21, 2014 22:29

That will be an excuse to return to LOndon...summer 2015! My passport will still be good! Yippee!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 22, 2014 01:09

London 2015 ... yeah, that would be great

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: backtozero ()
Date: July 23, 2014 03:55

hope there are more canada/us dates,will be winding down someday i imagine

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 23, 2014 21:50

This website says that a music impresario was looking for the Centenario Stadium in Uruguay for a possible inclusion of a Stones concert there.

[www.subrayado.com.uy]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2014 22:21

Nikkei

just watched the MSG121212 performance again.
what a sound this venue has! Jaggers comment
about Old English Musicians is also ace.
just
as Mr Watts ba dumm tss response =)

A lot of people got their knickers in a twist over that one, but I concur.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 24, 2014 21:54

Do not see a demand for US return as at the time many presumed the "50 and counting" shows would be the last, and they had a very difficult time moving seats until the flexing and ticket drops began. We have been blessed to have seen them so often since 89, but at this point, absent a huge price drop, I think it would be hard to fill venues.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: July 24, 2014 23:52

Brstonesfan
Do not see a demand for US return as at the time many presumed the "50 and counting" shows would be the last, and they had a very difficult time moving seats until the flexing and ticket drops began. We have been blessed to have seen them so often since 89, but at this point, absent a huge price drop, I think it would be hard to fill venues.

I agree with you to a point, but comparing US tours to other countries is not quite an apples to apples thing. They spent close to a month last year in just one state, and had multiple nights set up almost from the get go in Chicago, Philly, etc. While in this year's dates they're hopscotching around country to country, with no repeat shows in the same city. If you say, "We're playing one night in LA, one night in Chicago, one night in NYC, one night in Dallas" I think you'd find similar demand to the way it's been the last few months worldwide. You could have camped out somewhere in CA last May and taken short trips and seen over a half dozen shows, unlike the cross continent 2014 gigs.

Date: July 25, 2014 02:08

StonesCat
You could have camped out somewhere in CA last May and taken short trips and seen over a half dozen shows, unlike the cross continent 2014 gigs.
or you could try and cross the continent for the gigs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home