Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2014
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:00

LATEST UPDATE:

The rumoured shows in South America will not go on as rumored for Feb/Mar/Apr 2015. May be they might get something organized for later in 2015, but don't count on it. As of now, the last show of the tour will be in Auckland New Zealand Saturday Nov 22, 2014.

TOUR DATES - Confirmed and rumoured : [www.iorr.org]

This thread will tell you facts and rumours about The Rolling Stones 2012-2014 World Tour. Feel free to post your comments and rumours. The old world tour thread has been put to rest as it has now 3,800 posts and half a million page views, and it is a bit hard to figure out over time.

This world tour was announced as a small tour of five shows in London and NY/NJ on Monday Oct 15, 2012. Then they did the USA & Canada shows summer 2013, UK summer 2013, Asia spring 2014, Europe summer 2014, and the postponed Australia & NZ shows will happen Oct/Nov 2014.

Please note that so far NO SHOWS have been confirmed for 2015, but there are rumours about a small tour of shows in South America Feb/Mar 2015, and also one or more shows in London in the summer of 2015. For updates about these rumoured shows please see the IORR news and tour dates lists.

SOUTH AMERICA FEB/MAR 2015:
Nothing is confirmed, but there are offers for shows in Argentina, Brazil and a few other countries in South America. The Stones might or might not go there. Patience please.

LONDON SUMMER 2015:
Nothing is confirmed, but there are talks about Hyde Park, Wembley Stadium or other options. Many world tours have ended in London. It would not be a surprise if they choose to close this world tour on "home ground".

NORTH AMERICA:
So far there are no solid rumours about more shows in North America, i.e. USA and Canada. They did tour that market recently, summer of 2013, and even if they did not visit large cities like Miami, Atlanda, Houston and Seattle, there are no indication that they are planning for more shows in USA & Canada now. Only time will tell if they will add another leg to this market.

POPULAR WORLD TOUR LINKS:

THE OLD 2014 WORLD TOUR THREAD (now closed): [www.iorr.org]

Lucky Dip shows for Europe at 65 Euros a ticket : [www.iorr.org]

Postponed shows in Australia & New Zealand : [www.iorr.org]

Australia and New Zealand rescheduled shows: [www.iorr.org]

Karl Denson to tour with The Rolling Stones: [www.iorr.org]

Travel links Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2014:

ADELAIDE : [www.iorr.org]
PERTH : [www.iorr.org]
MELBOURNE : [www.iorr.org]
HANGING ROCK : [www.iorr.org]
SYDNEY : [www.iorr.org]
HUNTER VALLEY : [www.iorr.org]
BRISBANE : [www.iorr.org]
AUCKLAND : [www.iorr.org]

World tour details: [www.iorr.org]

Tour Posters 2014 - 14 On Fire: [www.iorr.org]

Countdown and Travelogue - The "14 On Fire" tour 2014 (by BV): [www.iorr.org]

Complaints about ticket prices, set list and more: [www.iorr.org]

All comments in this post by Bjornulf Vik, IORR Editor

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-05 16:22 by bv.

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:06

It's only right that they finish up in London.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:09

...Count me in!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:16

Count me in too for London!

Thanks BV for all your hard work with this site. As you said before, catch the Stones whilst you can!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:32

Thanks for putting all these informations on this thread, BV. Let's hope these rumours get an official announcement over the next months. smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:32

Very true! They will not tour forever unfortunately. But they are so great now, go see them if you can, it will be a memory for lifetime, and you will not regret it!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:39

Thank you very much for all the updates, bv. I think with such a fan base the Rolling Stones have they can play for a little more on. If everyone stays healthy of curse. We should accept what they do instead complaining about set lists or number of shows sometimes. I hope I can see them again next summer in London after two gigantic shows in Germany. There is truly something magic happening when they are on stage. But there will be a time they are no more, it sadly must come.

But now we don't have to think about it and can look forward some great shows in the future.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:51

The European leg shown that they are really in great shape and not ready to call it a day, a few months rest and then all the rescheduled shows down under will really tell us if the show goes on. I am sure it will.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:59

Till the next time (London) we say Goodbyesmileys with beer

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: July 8, 2014 23:06

Don't believe it baby, they'll be back in NYC at MSG for a televised show!!!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2014 23:23

Is the next MSG No. 25? BV or someone, please check the count.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:32

Well with a seat up front for the last scheduled show, all this talk is a bit eerie feeling to me. South American Stadiums may be a bit much for me...but a man has to do what a man has to do. I guess somehow I just have to be sure to be at the last show of any scheduled activity, because after 40 years to not be there would break my heart.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:37

It is worth the time and $$$.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 9, 2014 03:25

bv
Very true! They will not tour forever unfortunately. But they are so great now, go see them if you can, it will be a memory for lifetime, and you will not regret it!

AMEN !! thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: July 9, 2014 05:47

I will for sure catch them in the Land of the Free. Please visit AZ. one last time.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 9, 2014 05:52

kahoosier
Well with a seat up front for the last scheduled show, all this talk is a bit eerie feeling to me. South American Stadiums may be a bit much for me...but a man has to do what a man has to do. I guess somehow I just have to be sure to be at the last show of any scheduled activity, because after 40 years to not be there would break my heart.

...or a woman. grinning smiley

Not so sure about south of the border for me either, but anything's possible. Just hoping they make one more trip to the birthplace of the blues. If not, London in the summer would be very nice indeed. I can always dream...

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 9, 2014 08:46

2015 tour'

SOUTH AMERICA
USA/CANADA
LONDON HYDE PARK/02 ARENA,,,,2 shows

That's all folks!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 9, 2014 09:03

Well 02 or Wembley,or even HP,, i will be There !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 09:04 by corriecas.

Posted by: nahuw ()
Date: July 9, 2014 10:43

Hi
Please add Olympia in Paris to the list...
Buddy Guy was there last week... (and just 78yo only!!!!)...
Perfect for songs like wild horses,cool blues...
Sound is very good...

Why not our old friends during a week at Olympia in the next years?
Nahuw

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 9, 2014 11:53

Please no more O2 or Hyde Park in London, they already did 7 shows there since 2007 (attended allgrinning smiley), the only place for them to play would be the new Wembley stadium since i doubt they even consider doing Albert hall or any smaler clubs or theatres in London.

Date: July 9, 2014 12:44

What about Wembley, the O2 and the Albert Hall?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2014 13:39

Thanks for this new summary thread, been a great and unexpected 21 Stones months but still a lot of exciting times ahead I'm sure ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 9, 2014 14:20

DandelionPowderman

That would be great! If London does go ahead and they only do one venue, I'd like Wembley. Albert Hall would be fantastic being a smaller venue although that would make it much harder to get tickets.... It's a bit silly but my first stones show was at Wembley (the old stadium) and I quite like the idea of my last one being at Wembley - even if it's not the same stadium.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 9, 2014 14:48

DandelionPowderman

Wembley, Royal Albert Hall (what an ace idea!!) & Richmond station hotel.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 9, 2014 15:25

MarthaTuesday
DandelionPowderman

That would be great! If London does go ahead and they only do one venue, I'd like Wembley. Albert Hall would be fantastic being a smaller venue although that would make it much harder to get tickets.... It's a bit silly but my first stones show was at Wembley (the old stadium) and I quite like the idea of my last one being at Wembley - even if it's not the same stadium.

My 1st ever Stones show was also at Wembley - The Urban Jungle Tour of Europe 1990, although they used the Steel Wheels Stage. They used much of my show (24/8/1990) in the official 'At the Max Video! I saw 3 shows at the old Wembley, including their last, on BtB tour in 1999 and it REALLY was time for the stadium to go. The sinks in the Gents' Loo were routinely being used as ummm "additional urinals"....

That said I've been to the new place twice and I don't like it at all - waste of money. I wouldn't consider anything other than FoS. IMHO the Stade de France is much better. I've seen them there 3 times too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 15:26 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 9, 2014 15:40

Compared to Wembley Stadium and O2 Arena, RAH is almost a club show. winking smiley

Love to see them at Indigo O2, the small place inside main building.

Saw The Who there,but I don't expect The Rolling Stones to be playing there.

Date: July 9, 2014 15:44

crawdaddy
Compared to Wembley Stadium and O2 Arena, RAH is almost a club show. winking smiley

Love to see them at Indigo O2, the small place inside main building.

Saw The Who there,but I don't expect The Rolling Stones to be playing there.

I guessed you might just also be a Who fan Crawdaddy for some reason. With your glasses on you bear more than just a passing resemblance to a band member smileys with beer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 9, 2014 18:18

Thinking about it, from what I remember the ladies loos weren't so great at the old Wembley.... Not that bathrooms are ever that good at concerts (usually). There was a large puddle that wasn't water in the portaloo I used at Rome - not ideal when wearing open-toed sandals....grinning smiley

Haven't been to the new stadium so can't really comment on what it's like seeing a band there. A friend has been for football and liked it - but he went on freebies (work corporate hospitality) so perhaps he just enjoyed the whole experience!

I guess we'll have to wait and see whether they play London at all, but if they do I guess I'd like the best venue for the show (and forget my sentimentality over Wembley).

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 9, 2014 18:29

If they play London then whatever venue they decide to play I will be there and so will all of you and you know it thumbs up cool smiley

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 18:31 by Nate.

Date: July 9, 2014 18:30

Martha,

Women using the Gents' was commonplace and entirely expected at the Old Wembleywinking smiley Part of the problem was that the old Wembley was originally designed for football which attracts a predominantly male audience. Old Wembley only ever hosted concerts in its last 20 years. The New Wembley was known to be hosting concerts from the beginning, which attract a mixed audience and so the facilities are more even.

As for other large venues, Hyde Park would only be good if it is NOT AEG who organise it. These HP gigs were appallingly mismanaged. There were serious problems at the Libertines' gig there last week with crowd crushing.

Twickenham might be a decent bet. I didn't go to any Twickenham shows but I've heard good things from those who did.

I find the New Wembley charmless and antiseptic and the view from the top Tier is a joke. The view is only what I'd call acceptable in the lowest Tier, from which I saw Oasis 5 years ago. I wouldn't dream of going on the field for an Oasis gig.eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 18:40 by grzegorz67.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home