Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT(?): Least traffic ever on this board?
Date: August 19, 2014 14:49

I don't think we can complain about the traffic here, compared with other boards smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2014 15:46

....at least while it's like this ... you can get a park ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 19, 2014 15:56

I went into that Stonesvikings site and noticed that apart from the messy web design people seem to post twice a year there. Not much of a discussion board...

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: August 19, 2014 16:07

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 16:07 by camper88.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: August 19, 2014 16:08

Well, many of the old time posters were banned for life in 2013,people like hbwriter would always post really interesting stuff,not only on The Stones but in music general,now no more, so all we have 2 o 3 people posting per day mostly inane stuff,but what can a poor boy do?

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 19, 2014 16:19

What the hell else is there to say?

Date: August 19, 2014 16:19

Well, if you think that people mostly post inane stuff here, Rops: Why do you still hang around then?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 19, 2014 16:20

The 50 somethings don`t care anymore, but there`s always some 40 somethings waiting in the wings...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 19, 2014 16:40

I'm gone one day and SharksWillCry is cryin...okay, I've been guilted into posting. I'll add it to my daily to do list. It's already a mile high, one more thing won't tip it over yet.

Seriously Sharks, it's all good...just the dog days of August. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-19 16:56 by latebloomer.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 19, 2014 17:58

Well, traffic was intense for a while, so while the Stones are taking a break, many of their fans will as well, to spend time with their families, catch up on reading, work a little overtime, go out to eat, walk the dog, go on vacation, watch a few movies, start exercising/jogging, etc.

For those with absolutely nothing better to do, might I suggest bumping one of the always popular "Beatles vs. the Stones" threads? These threads are usually most popular during the "off season". There, you can take part in debates over some of life's most fundamental questions, including (but certainly not limited to): Did the Stones just copy everything the Beatles did? and Were the Beatles a rock band, or just a pop band? Not to be missed!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 19, 2014 18:42

noughties
The 50 somethings don`t care anymore, but there`s always some 40 somethings waiting in the wings...

As a fifty something I agree. I obviously still care and post , but most are caught up understandably in other life events. The Stones will need a renaissance of new fans to keep the interest going. Sadly, attention is also often drawn when their is a break up or member departed. lets pray that does not happen.

Date: August 19, 2014 22:04

Stoneage
Well, if you think that people mostly post inane stuff here, Rops: Why do you still hang around then?
Because even though most of the stuff indeed is inane there still is a couple of good ones,and anyway what is it to you? l will leave when l feel like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-19 22:10 by ROPS.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: August 19, 2014 23:15

DandelionPowderman
I don't think we can complain about the traffic here, compared with other boards smiling smiley

Very true.

And pretty much all band messageboards are like this. The band's on downtime, there's not a lot to talk about. You think Stones fans have it bad? I used to hang around the Led Zeppelin forums a lot and eventually gave it up because there was just nothing to talk about (other than the latest round in the endless series of remasters, from time to time).

Stoneage

He has a point, though - we've lost some really good posters lately. While I only joined IORR in January, I read it regularly for some years, and posters like His Majesty, Kleermaker and Mathijs (not banned, I know, but lesser-spotted these days) are all conspicuous by their absence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-19 23:20 by Stoneburst.

Date: August 19, 2014 23:37

Many of the posters who were banned are still posting here, ROPS, like yourself.

Surprisingly many posters also have abandoned their screen names and started anew - for different reasons.

Unfortunately, some good posters have left us...

Date: August 19, 2014 23:51

ROPS
Stoneage
Because even though most of the stuff indeed is inane there still is a couple of good ones,and anyway what is it to you? l will leave when l feel like it.

Nothing, really. I just thought it was a bit rude to claim that most people post inane stuff. No big matter though.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 20, 2014 00:04

Don't worry guys. I'm on holiday right now. Once I'm back i will be here on iorr!

Date: August 20, 2014 00:15

We need you in good shape. Charge your batteries, barbabang smiling smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 03:47

DandelionPowderman
Many of the posters who were banned are still posting here, ROPS, like yourself.

Surprisingly many posters also have abandoned their screen names and started anew - for different reasons.

Agree DP, l did stick around but l rarely post anymore,don't want to ruffle anyones feathers,but many of the old timers that did post real good stuff are gone and l think the board is just not as interesting as it was (no offense to anyone),but perhaps when the band goes back on the road it will get better......

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 20, 2014 04:33

Sheesh, it's like this during the summer on every forum I've ever been on when the band in question isn't active. (Though I guess those in the southern hemisphere have got no excuse. winking smiley )

Ack! I just confessed to following other bands!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-20 04:36 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: August 20, 2014 05:07

What can be said that hasn't already been said?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 20, 2014 05:21

rob51
What can be said that hasn't already been said?

You'd be amazed. The various Zeppelin forums managed to keep going even though the band came to an end in 1980 and there was no sign of a substantial/meaningful reunion until Ahmet Ertegun died in 2007. So if Zep fans can keep the torch lit for nearly 30 years, I think Stones fans can do it for a few months!

Date: August 20, 2014 15:39

I must admit there is very little traffic here now. The usual suspects seems to have left us. I guess most of them will be back in autumn though. Hopefully...

Date: August 20, 2014 15:43

Stoneage
I must admit there is very little traffic here now. The usual suspects seems to have left us. I guess most of them will be back in autumn though. Hopefully...

The holiday season in continental/southern Europe is later than our season. I reckon that's the case in the US as well?

It's always pretty quiet this time of year. They will be back with a bang smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2014 16:40

Web statistics are based on facts and measurements and not by emotions or feelings. This is what I do - web analytics...

So far this month - August 1 to August 19, there has been some 200,000 visits on IORR, not really that slow. Last year August 2013 had 400,000 for the whole month, and knowing August is a slow summer month many places especially Europe, where people are offline on holiday, these numbers are quite fine. And they certainly not low numbers historically.

Bjornulf

Date: August 21, 2014 00:54

ROPS
DandelionPowderman

Agree DP, l did stick around but l rarely post anymore,don't want to ruffle anyones feathers,but many of the old timers that did post real good stuff are gone and l think the board is just not as interesting as it was (no offense to anyone),but perhaps when the band goes back on the road it will get better......

Maybe everyone should take some time and reflect on topics that would make potentially good long-lasting threads, instead of merely giving more or less hasty replies (I know I'm guilty here) to existing threads that we, let's be honest, have discussed a hundred times before?

Threads like Ratbag Boogie, and other "nerdy" threads seem to be most popular, save the good ol' Taylor/Wood debates...

I dunno, just a thought.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 21, 2014 02:02

DandelionPowderman
ROPS
DandelionPowderman

Maybe everyone should take some time and reflect on topics that would make potentially good long-lasting threads, instead of merely giving more or less hasty replies (I know I'm guilty here) to existing threads that we, let's be honest, have discussed a hundred times before?

Threads like Ratbag Boogie, and other "nerdy" threads seem to be most popular, save the good ol' Taylor/Wood debates...

I dunno, just a thought.

While your thinkin, dear Dandy, can I ask you what your new avatar is supposed to be? smiling smiley

Re: IORR web statistics 2014
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 21, 2014 02:08

BV, just wondering if you've noticed a spike in views from mobile devices?

Can you tell what percentage of views come from handhelds?

thx

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 21, 2014 02:12

Any plans for an IORR app in the works?

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 21, 2014 03:16

Thanks BV. Very good numbers despite the fact our fans are not as passionate as the awful Beatles and LZ fans.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 21, 2014 04:10

I finally figured it out, I think, latebloomer, it's a dandy-lion, next to a ton of powder!

Is that right, DP? (Forgive the spelling?) cool smiley
Did you design that yourself?

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2228
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home