Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What can we expect from the archives?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:21

We've got almost 4 months until they hit the road again in Australia for makeup dates. They've got to keep interest ginned up. Hampton '81 DVD, or Sticky Fingers with Bonus Tracks?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-07 14:28 by bv.

Re: Now that The Fire's out....
Date: July 6, 2014 17:59

Hampton would be a wasted opportunity, imo. Everybody has the DVD already, as well as the cd and the official release.

Deluxe editions of ALL their albums with a couple of bonus tracks would have been something.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: July 6, 2014 18:21

Would love to have a Sticky Fingers Deluxe Edition with some bonus tracks. And, like DandelionPowderman wrote, I would love to have some more deluxe editions from other albums like Beggars Banquet, It´s Only Rock´n´Roll, Goats Head Soup and even from the "new" ones like Voodoo Lounge, Bridges To Babylon or A Bigger Bang.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 6, 2014 18:21

Sticky fingers would be the best

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 6, 2014 19:01

The fire is not out

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 6, 2014 19:09

Not out as they will play USA

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:14

Kaisan
Would love to have a Sticky Fingers Deluxe Edition with some bonus tracks. And, like DandelionPowderman wrote, I would love to have some more deluxe editions from other albums like Beggars Banquet, It´s Only Rock´n´Roll, Goats Head Soup and even from the "new" ones like Voodoo Lounge, Bridges To Babylon or A Bigger Bang.

They have made a practice of polishing up tracks from old sessions since at least as far back as the Big Four era itself. I wonder how much decent, unused material there is left.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't really much care for Tattoo You, or the Exile leavings, and I don't think it's likely they've been holding back anything better than those.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 21:15 by blivet.

Date: July 6, 2014 21:53

Just hope they don't overdub new stuff on old songs

Date: July 6, 2014 22:00

Kaisan
A 'special edition' ABB set has been released. I have it. Just the regular CD with a DVD featuring music videos, an EPK, and 2 outtakes and 1 remix. Here-Amazon.com

It's okay, nothing spectacular, thought. All of the videos and sound files are probably on YouTube.

Date: July 6, 2014 22:26

Gooo
Just hope they don't overdub new stuff on old songs

That's pretty much what they've done with all the good bonus tracks. Plundered My Soul is an obvious hybrid. Don't Be a Stranger didn't have a bass part, as Bill was playing marimbas like a steel drum. The way the Stones worked in the past was to lay down the 'bed' groove before adding lyrics and vocals. I've they've done a fantastic job so far.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 22:33

The fire was out sometime around 1981.

But deluxe reissues with bonus tracks of Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers would be great. Assuming there are tracks in the vaults worth releasing.I would not even mind them 'finishing' some tracks as they did with Plundered My Soul.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2014 22:50

buffalo7478
The fire was out sometime around 1981.

But deluxe reissues with bonus tracks of Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers would be great. Assuming there are tracks in the vaults worth releasing.I would not even mind them 'finishing' some tracks as they did with Plundered My Soul.

Well I'd argue the lasts gasps of inspired creativity lasted until at least Undercover.

But yes, I'd go for the rereleases, especially if the quality of 'finishing' tracks was as high as for PMS and the Some Girls Deluxe cd.

Date: July 6, 2014 23:01

I'd rather have the outtakes in raw form .... True to the era they were made, I can't listen to the exile tracks, some girl tracks r ok but even no spare parts was ruined with new lyrics.... Uuugh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 23:02 by Gooo.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 6, 2014 23:03

Play with fire, it‘s not out yet

Posted by: LouisianaSwamp ()
Date: July 6, 2014 23:19

My local Starbucks has been playing the 2014 version of Keith's Words of Wonder a lot. I love when it comes on. It actually makes me hope the Stones will now attack the new songs Mick said he'd been writing months back.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 7, 2014 00:11

<<We've got almost 4 months until they hit the road again in Australia for makeup dates. They've got to keep interest ginned up.>>

But you're not interested even when they are on the road.

Posted by: HighwayBound ()
Date: July 7, 2014 00:53

Any show they have in the archive I would like to see on a download site. I would first buy every show I've ever attended, and then everything else.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 7, 2014 01:02

....NEW STUDIO ALBUM... no guests just the Stones....then hit Aussie land blazing

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 7, 2014 01:14

My wish for an achive release would be a proshot dvd from 1970.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 7, 2014 01:23

klrkcr
My wish for an achive release would be a proshot dvd from 1970.

Same here. But I'm not too optimistic that 1970 proshot footage actually exists apart from a few clips here and there.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 7, 2014 02:09

alimente
I'm not too optimistic that 1970 proshot footage actually exists apart from a few clips here and there.

Yeah true alimente, but I'd like to believe that the stones vault is a lot like ol nanna's lolly jar - you never know what goodies are inside.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 7, 2014 02:12

Rockman
....NEW STUDIO ALBUM... no guests just the Stones....then hit Aussie land blazing

Yeah, no offense, but no Blondie, no Don Was, not even Chuck (the keyboard dude). Just the 4 (and Darryl). Mick T. guesting on a few would be a bonus...

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: July 7, 2014 03:07

I don't think the fire's out the European tour has proved that. Regarding bonus tracks for albums, Some Girls was an obvious one due to the the amount of songs recorded in Paris. I love Plundered My Soul and couldn't give two @#$%& whether it has fixes/dubs on it before the release.

Is there many out takes from Sticky Fingers that we know of and are of quality to release?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 7, 2014 04:51

Sticky Fingers is next.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 7, 2014 04:56

I think their outtin next year of South America/USA...closing London UK is their last tour.. Why these two yewrs they are going all over the place, some new. After all we've had a good long dose of them so long. We can't expect them to carry on after next year, look at their ages, it could be hard on the body. Be happy they are still around and try to see them which involves travel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-07 04:57 by babyblue.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 7, 2014 06:00

The next release will be a duets live album from this tour, an iTunes only release, its done already, only copyright and contractual deals with the guests/record companies are being arranged, it will be released anytime during the next 6 months but it could be released early next year too in time for the South American tour.
The Sticky Fingers reissue was in production in early 2012 but the band decided to tour in July-August 2012, Grrr was quickly compilated and Sticky Fingers was archived. It wont be released while the band is touring so late 2015, early 2016 is be best we can hope.

Date: July 7, 2014 09:34

stonehearted
<<We've got almost 4 months until they hit the road again in Australia for makeup dates. They've got to keep interest ginned up.>>

No, I'm just waiting for these slivers of daylight when something archival might get released. I've given up on anything changing on the road. The past is where the good stuff is, sorry to say. The Post-Wyman years have not been kind to their recorded legacy, and they peaked on stage in 1999. My god, that was 36 years of greatness. We were extremely lucky to get that.

Date: July 7, 2014 09:38

georgelicks
The next release will be a duets live album from this tour, an iTunes only release, its done already, only copyright and contractual deals with the guests/record companies are being arranged, it will be released anytime during the next 6 months but it could be released early next year too in time for the South American tour.

God I hope not. That's usually the death knell for an artist, Frank Sinatra phoning it in, while Aretha Franklin does her part half away around the world.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 7, 2014 09:51

<<The past is where the good stuff is, sorry to say.>>

Well, there you have it. In one sentence you've just explained why the set lists reflect a mostly fixed menu of selections from 1965 to 1981 and why Mick is reluctant to record a new full album with the band--because, sad to say, many fans, at least the ones who buy tickets to fill the arenas and stadiums, have the same opinion.

You might wish to have a look at the World Tour 2014 thread at the top of the page, if you haven't already. There's a merged thread in the last couple of pages where a "last tour" confirmation has more or less been leaked, if not strongly hinted at, with some insightful posts on when further archive releases may be in the pipeline. According to some posters apparently in the know, they'll call it a day in the UK in the summer of 2015, at least touring-wise, and the shelved Sticky Fingers deluxe will be subsequently released in late 2015, early 2016. No other archival releases until the tour wraps in 2015.

Date: July 7, 2014 10:52

stonehearted

LOL!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home