Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Hyde Park chaos again!
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 6, 2014 12:07

It seems Barclaycard learned nothing from last years shambles. The Libertines had to stop their set twice due to crowd trouble and not enough security. Terrible reports of queues, not enough facilities etc etc. The press are covering the situation this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 20:22 by bv.

Re: Hyde Park chaos again!
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 13:06

flairville
It seems Barclaycard learned nothing from last years shambles. The Libertines had to stop their set twice due to crowd trouble and not enough security. Terrible reports of queues, not enough facilities etc etc. The press are covering the situation this year.

The sad fact is Barclaycard are happy to phone it.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 6, 2014 13:28

Very, very sad.
I suppose Barclaycard doesn't get permission anymore if they can't resolve this mess...?

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 14:03

I am there next weekend for Neil Young hope things improve by theneye popping smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 6, 2014 15:22

I went to see the Libertines last night in Hyde Park and it was absolute chaos down the front. Too many people down the front and then they asked us to MOVE BACKWARDS when there is no exit but a metal barrier!!! (the exit is on the left only). There were so many people passing out and I did everything I could to help others get over the barrier. In the end it was too much and I jumped the barrier and jumped into the VIP area. People were actually climbing up the sound system poles and this caused a further delay.

The Libertines were fantastic and I really enjoyed the gig from the V.I.P area even though I had not paid for it! I hope everyone who went got through the gig safely. Don't blame the Libertines, blame the organizers. They should be ashamed of that setup.

P.S the gig was not stopped twice, it was stopped THREE times! (twice for crowd crushes, once for people climbing the rigs and sound systems trying to get out of the pit!) It was also stopped during the Pogues set! So that was four times in one afternoon!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 15:24 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 6, 2014 15:26

Were the people passing out because of the tight crowds or because of the usual reasons people would pass out at a gig?

Nate

Date: July 6, 2014 15:27

Nate
Were the people passing out because of the tight crowds or because of the usual reasons people would pass out at a gig?

Nate

Too many people down the front. It was overcrowded and with only one exit and telling people to go backwards (when there is no exit) it was absolute chaos.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 6, 2014 15:27

petewasbristol
Too many people down the front and then they asked us to MOVE BACKWARDS when there is no exit but a metal barrier

That's scary. Glad you are OK. Sure hope that there were no serious accidents.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 6, 2014 15:33

That's disgusting and it stinks of greed trying to cram as many people in as possible to make more dollars,I really hope everyone was ok.

This whole set up of this festival is a joke if you look at this incident and the ticket fiasco that happened last year it amounts to a total disregard for the fans.

Nate

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 6, 2014 18:35

So there was just a rail between VIP and GA ? Coming up with the catwalk/b-stage last year for the Stones was a great idea for crowd control and for the show.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 19:46

I was at the Black Sabbath show on Friday and there were the same problems. It was a real cram down the front, moreso than you usually expect at a show which is odd considering that there was more space down the front in the GA section than at The Stones last year. I wonder if tons of people ended up getting the £2.50 tickets. I also imagine anyone who paid extra to be guaranteed a better view probably regretted it. Unlike at The Stones last year where it was a pretty much 50-50 split down the front, this time the VIP section was well off to the side. Was certainly glad I decided to pass on getting a more expensive ticket as I managed to be stage right, right in front of Tony Iommi. In fact, that was one of the reasons I contemplated upgrading as I figured stage right would be the VIP section like last year. I have to say though in spite of feeling like a squashed sardine for all of Sabbath's set I had a phenomenal time. I had high hopes this year regarding the organisation as I really enjoyed it last year and was glad they finally turned the volume up again. When I saw Pearl Jam there in 2010 it was so quiet and so put me off returning. I hope they sort these problems out if the festival returns next year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 19:57 by Seb91.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 6, 2014 19:55

The Who, Cincinnati Ohio, 1979, if I can remember, several people died. Never found out if there was any legal action.

Re: OT: Hyde Park chaos again!
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:05

The BBC have also reported on this:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: July 6, 2014 22:00

gotdablouse
So there was just a rail between VIP and GA ? Coming up with the catwalk/b-stage last year for the Stones was a great idea for crowd control and for the show.

Yes, only a rail between the two. Only one entrance (on the side) into the general admission. VIP behind and to the right of general admission. Basically nowhere to go for those in General admission when they told us to all go back! It was a disaster waiting to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 22:01 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 6, 2014 22:06

Barclaycard are a sponsor not an organiser. It could just as easily be McDonalds presents BST Hyde Park or Continental Tyres etc.

It's not their fault specifically but you would have thought that the actual organisers would have learned from 2013.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 6, 2014 22:44

Scooby
Barclaycard are a sponsor not an organiser. It could just as easily be McDonalds presents BST Hyde Park or Continental Tyres etc.

It's not their fault specifically but you would have thought that the actual organisers would have learned from 2013.

Well, in that case we beat the crap out of McDonalds too.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 6, 2014 23:01

BowieStone
Scooby

Well, in that case we beat the crap out of McDonalds too.

Works for me!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 7, 2014 16:10

People still pass out at Stones shows - but mostly from dehydration and heat stroke from having been standing all day. Crowds up front at Stones shows are much better than at other recent shows I've seen. Part of it is just maturity, I think. The worst FOS scrums I've seen recently were for Muse and Carly Rae Jepson (took my daughter - a horde of crazy high school girls, I got the hell out of there as soon as I could).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home