Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The highlights of the "14 on Fire Tour"
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 5, 2014 20:30

I listed all the highlights of this amazing European Tour. Here they are:

- The Rolling Stones are in a very good shape : Mick Jagger is better than never. For example, the shows in Pinkpop (Holland) and Stockholm were the 2 best shows of Mick Jagger I’ve ever seen in my short life. Keith looks great and plays good (he’s much much better than the 2007 tour for example). Charlie and Ronnie are great too, there is nothing to criticize about them. Ronnie plays perfectly (the Bridge to Babylon Tour is really far…) and Charlie is great since 1963.

- The setlists: even if the setlists were almost the same all the time, they were absolutely great! If I compare the setlists of ABB Tour and 14 on Fire Tour, this one is much better. The highlights are : JJF as a song opener, Out of Control at every show, great different versions of Midnight Rambler from a show to another one. You Got the Silver is even better than the 50 & Counting Tour.

I have to say that it is the first time that I enjoy that much the warhorses. It’s the first time I see the Stones enjoying that much playing JJF, SMU, Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter… (all the second part of the show, from Midnight to the end). Just a little bit they dropped Paint it Black. During the Bigger Bang Tour, I was very exciting to hear the first part of the show (with the surprises, but now I really enjoy both: the first part of the show to see if they play Let’s Spend or You Got Me Rocking, Angie or Wild Horses, the song vote, and the second part with the warhorses.

- The stage: not impressive but not as high as Abu Dhabi. We could be front row and see all the member of the Stones, even Charlie!! (Except the festival stages).

- Almost 2h15 of show: 15 to 20 minutes more than the Bigger Bang Tour.

- The crowd: It looks like Europeans people didn’t expect the Stones to come back in the old Continent. And now that the Stones are back, people really enjoyed the shows more than in the past. The crowd in Paris was incredible. I’ve never seen a crowd that happy in all the Parisians shows I did. And not only in Paris: Pinkpop, Vienna, Madrid, Rome…

Benjamin.

Re: The highlights of the "14 on Fire Tour"
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 5, 2014 21:01

Shows were great. Sound was great. They were relaxed. Everything went like Swiss watch. I think that, as far as my humble opinion goes, the highlights were:

1. Ronnie Wood. Not only his contribution, but also the fact that as a Stones fan you surely like to see him in such good shape.

2. Mick Jagger - well... like wine. He just gets better all time.

3. The quality of the product has been as stable (night after night) as if could have been. For "1st timers" this was an ideal tour.

Now where the "down point of the EU14 tour" thread? grinning smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 5, 2014 21:20

My personal highlight was seeing Keith come out on that stage. Dude just @#$%&' rocks!!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 5, 2014 21:27

my personal highlight from 4:02 onwards:

i didn't have the best view and thought at first it had to be Ronnie.
but then came the duel. it made me jump down the stone wall to the lower ring

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 5, 2014 21:29

I'd say experiencing a German audience was a highlight for me. Waldbuhne in Berlin is the best place I ever saw them. Crystal clear sound, everybody feels close in an amphitheater and an audience that's into it. Nobody had their @#$%& nose into their iPhone - Go to Denmark and you'll see people doing that all through the show. Also of course, seeing them with a great spot at Roskilde.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 6, 2014 01:26

MingSubu
My personal highlight was seeing Keith come out on that stage. Dude just @#$%&' rocks!!!

You mean Keith playing some solos near the catwalk? If yes, I totally agree!!!!!

Benjamin.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 6, 2014 02:11

At the beginning of the concert, just him walking out onto the stage. Everything else he does is icing on the cake. I just find the guy totally cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 02:12 by MingSubu.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 6, 2014 02:51

Nothing as strong for me as seeing Taylor leap out for MR at the O2/1, it was such a surprise...

...but I'll take away the sheer joy, in the crowd and in the band, particularly Mick who wasn't quite like that in 2012 and 2013, and "Vivre l'Exceptionnel", YES INDEED !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 02:52 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: HighwayBound ()
Date: July 6, 2014 03:05

benstones

- The setlists: even if the setlists were almost the same all the time, they were absolutely great! If I compare the setlists of ABB Tour and 14 on Fire Tour, this one is much better. The highlights are : JJF as a song opener, Out of Control at every show, great different versions of Midnight Rambler from a show to another one. You Got the Silver is even better than the 50 & Counting Tour.

The only part I would disagree with you is that the setlists were better than ABB.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 6, 2014 03:55

Wroclaw
Now where the "down point of the EU14 tour" thread? grinning smiley
well, the tour is over by now.
that is kind of a downer

Date: July 6, 2014 04:09

HighwayBound
benstones

The only part I would disagree with you is that the setlists were better than ABB.

I found the setlist of ABB Tour a little bit boring sometimes. Rain Fall Down, Streets of Love, Gimme Shelter out of the setlist..., Midnight Rambler out of the setlist one show from another one (it was CYHMK or MR).

Actually I am comparing with the ABB Tour of 2007. It's true that if I take the setlists of the 2005-2006 Tour, it's totally different.

Benjamin.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 6, 2014 08:35

This is the highlight of the tours and of the century for me. Although I was not there I see this as one of the greatest moments in all of rock history. Not only because of Taylor but the reaction to his wailing on stage by the band. This is The Stones we wanted and dreamt of and for an instant we get it perfectly. Also the first turn around when his eyes meet Keith's and Taylor lays down the law @ 1:33 or the ending where Mick is panicking and asking Keith to help. Really wonderful to see a musician work The Glimmers and raise them up instead of kiss butt. Great Bobby Keys as well. I've seen a million rock shows and nothing tops this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 08:42 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: July 6, 2014 10:22

MingSubu
At the beginning of the concert, just him walking out onto the stage. Everything else he does is icing on the cake. I just find the guy totally cool.

like this in Stockholm?

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: July 6, 2014 10:44

Midnight Rambler from Shanghai:

Damn! I am at a loss for words after that.?

Undoubtedly the best rendition of MR since Taylor left The Stones. He's bringing the song sky high, especially from 4:23 on.?

Wow, I thought the 9th was the best I've heard since Taylor's return but this far eclipses that, almost sounds like Taylor channeling Hendrix at that 4:30 mark definitely the most unique sounding Rambler I've heard this audio should me mixed with a better video recording you know down front in your @#$%& face.?

Taylor is stratospheric !!! unique on this MR so creative...caliber Hendrix Clapton and Page...?

This has to be the best MR I've heard on this tour….. Love Mick Taylor playing around with feedback…… just amazing?

Oh my God!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 10:45 by muffie.

Posted by: HighwayBound ()
Date: July 6, 2014 13:18

The greatest highlight, for me, was just having them play. Sure, the setlists were stale, the fan vote a joke, but they were on stage.

A close second were the show threads on here. Great stuff even when they went off topic. Unfortunately that's not allowed so we had the equally entertaining banning of board members.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: July 6, 2014 14:01

For some strange reason it was really, really enjoying Miss You and Sympathy for the devil.

Specifically Rambler at Roskilde clocking in at almost 17 min was pure bliss:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home