Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: How was your Rolling Stones European Tour ?
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 4, 2014 19:27

Berlin the only concert I attended (unfortunately) was amazing. The sound was crystal clear with loud and mesmerising guitars. I was so happy to see the boys again. They have brought me and I guess all of us so much joy over the years. Sometimes we discuss and some of us might be seen as being over critical about the band; but it has been a worthy and incredible journey and look forward to more of this. And by the way London is calling! (The call is for the boys obviouslyhot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 21:33 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 4, 2014 19:42

This was the first ever tour of the Stones where I was able to attend and had a genuine feeling, in a calm and non histeric way, the feeling this is gonna be my "last RS live experience". My HP gigs last summer were definetly under a strong feeling there would be European dates following and I knew I'm gonna do them too.

I planned for 2 gigs - my experience with the Paris ticket online purchase was described elsewhere and is shared anyway by many others. I only managed to get "Perlouse" tickets (standing at the end of the field). Was planning to see another European date and assumed I would eventually be able to find tickets.

Then the Tel Aviv date became confirmed (I suspected it wouldnt happen due to lack of ticker buyers) so there there were 2 dates...

Tel Aviv concert was truely great on my side - regardless of the issue of being in my "own turf" if to quote Keith... Sound was superb, I love park shows and my favorite Gimmie Shelter - to my opinion - was one of the best they played since Nov. 26th 2012... who could ask for more? The weather was teriible, but the gig was definetly one of the best I've seen, and made me kind of double happy. They screwed on JJF and BS, but I didn't really care (actually enjoyed to listen to how their "machine" recovers when they "loose it" in the middle of JJF). I actually felt in those moments I might become closer and closer to those who we call "setlist complainers"... But then I think I've listened to SSS MP3 too much since last summer so all the JJF, BS, SFTD, MY and Satisfaction in their current live versions sounded too familier to me.

Paris gig did not really move me... too close to the former gig. Too far from the stage. Setlist and stage jestures too similar. Much like with sex there is a certain age whem the "2nd round" become more of an ego thing, not much of anything else.

I guess that if this was 1990 I would have summed this up as "saw two gigs - one wes superb and the 2nd was OK - heard this/that gig, which I did not see, were great too". However we now have the IORR.ORG aspect in our "fan live" - something which cannot be dismissed. It makes the "tour" much more lively and adds to each gig - those you see, and those you do not, also a pre/post life. If has good aspects, and some bad too. Much like any luxury in life. For some of us the intensive "fan discussion board" aspect actually ruins some of the experience - making it too intense. Like going to a movie after you already saw the 10 hour documentry about its making. For me it makes the whole thing much fun. And I can say in confidence - a much bigger fan.

Anyway... now I'm back in my old regiment... "The Who".

Posted by: Strzykawa ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:16

1. Oslo (terrible standing like a dead fans in GC in Ronnie's side ;-) )
2. Pinkpop (best of the best, fantastic crowd, fantastic sound, Keith side !
3. Berlin (amazing evening. I was high on the sector with my girl, but for two songs we were spending close to the top of the catwalk. Security gone ;-) )
4. Dusseldorf (top of the catwalk, 2 meters from Mick, eye contact with him, most loudest Keith's guitar, terrific energy of them)
5. Madrid (331 sector, loudest south crowd, dancing, jumping, so nice )
6. Stockholm (GC Keith side (Lucky dips !!, very good crazy people who was dancing, loud singing sounds. Like in South America grinning smiley total crazy night for us.

I come from Poland and we are waiting for good news about south america announcement :-)

Take care for everybody to keep on the road with The Stones !!!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:24

I only managed Tel Aviv. Not really "Europe" but I'm pretty sure it was a really good show. At least by my standards. The vacation in Israel was one I'll never forget. Finding out the Stones were staying in my hotel and meeting some of them was icing on the cake. More Stones memories to last a lifetime.

Now hoping South America or a return trip to the States will happen at some point.

Posted by: The Flasher ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:40

I don't have much to compare with. Saw the Stockholm Stadium show in 2003 and the Stockholm show this tour.

I didn't think that it was possible but they were much better this time around. Especially Keith!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:40

To me it was a great experience to have travelled to Lisbon and Zurich to attend the concerts, and it was awesome to have met some fantastic people from this board. Beast, zgubi, crawdaddy, spain73, mariannerl, and a lot of other people whose names I can't remember now, but they all were awesome.

I hope the Stones will tour in South America next year, and I hope to meet you again, with or without a Stones concert going on! smileys with beer

Posted by: Jordini ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:48

[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Hey guys,
I´ve been to Berlin and Rome, my 3rd and 4th show (went to both Hyde Park shws last year) Met some incredible nice people in front of the hotel in Berlin. "Hi" if you read this smiling smiley Was able to take a picture with Mick Taylor and had a great time when seeing Charlie at the window (and Keith´s arm once winking smiley )
The show itself was fantastic, we had Lucky Dip Tickets, which were located in the back, but the location and the weather were great. So I enjoyed it alot.
Rome was also great, went to Circo Massimo on saturday to see the location and the stage been built up. On show day we went there at 10 am to collect our Lucky Dip Tickets, it seemed to be too much to handle for the staff but finally we were able to collect the tickets and lined up to start the running at 1 pm. No chance for FOS but we ended up on a little hill on Keith side. Great view. It was hot but fantastic, we were able to sit down (in contrast to Hyde Park FOS last year). Managed to get a shirt with the circo massimo image, even though they didn´t had it at first. It was a long time before the show started, but it was all worth it!! Great audience and location. Many young people but enjoyed the italian lifestyle smiling smiley
Thanks go out to the Stones and the fans I´ve met for making it an unforgetable summer!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 22:49 by Jordini.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:51

Strzykawa
1. Oslo (terrible standing like a dead fans in GC in Ronnie's side ;-) )
2. Pinkpop (best of the best, fantastic crowd, fantastic sound, Keith side !
3. Berlin (amazing evening. I was high on the sector with my girl, but for two songs we were spending close to the top of the catwalk. Security gone ;-) )
4. Dusseldorf (top of the catwalk, 2 meters from Mick, eye contact with him, most loudest Keith's guitar, terrific energy of them)
5. Madrid (331 sector, loudest south crowd, dancing, jumping, so nice )
6. Stockholm (GC Keith side (Lucky dips !!, very good crazy people who was dancing, loud singing sounds. Like in South America grinning smiley total crazy night for us.

I come from Poland and we are waiting for good news about south america announcement :-)

Take care for everybody to keep on the road with The Stones !!!

Cool trip!! thumbs up

Posted by: TE ()
Date: July 4, 2014 23:09

Was one hell of a June for me. Ended up winning a bid for a new flat and had to skip Madrid and Roskilde. But managed 5.
The rehearsels in Oslo, the Oslo gig, Berlin, Paris, Dusseldorf and finally the, well, Werchter one.
God I hate that location in Belgium, but I do return.
Melted in Berlin, crushed in Dusseldorf, cool weather in Paris, wet and tired in Werchter. And over-heated in Oslo.
So great getting tons of new Stones friends.
Had 1st row 3 times, 2nd row once, the moving back to 3rd row in Werchter.
Will not count the hours sitting on concrete solving world problems. But it's fun a few times. Those 8 hours in Berlin was not!

As Dean Goodman wrote; please come back without festivals in tiny villages.

To the Aussies. Have fun! Well deserved.
See you all somewhere in '15.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 23:16 by TE.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: July 4, 2014 23:20

This was a fantastic tour.

My top 4:
1. Paris, great crowd, fantastic gig and impressive venue.
2. Berlin. Great venue, crowd and extremely good mood among the Stones.
3. Werchter, great crowd, Stones were in top form.
27. Duesseldorf, the Stones were fantastic, but the crowd spoiled it for me.

All in all my greatest experience with the Stones after my first ever with my dad and London 25.11.12.
And of course the best merchandized tour ever winking smiley

Thank you so much, Stones! Finished just in time for my 2nd son which is about to be born winking smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 4, 2014 23:48

I was in Zürich, Vienna and Düsseldorf.

Every show had something special, what the other shows didn't had.

But the best of the 3 shows, was the Vienna concert. I was after a break of 11 years, very close to the stage. The crowd was absolute perfect. It was great for hearing for the 3rd time 'Angie' live.

For The Rolling Stones it was the 14th time, that they performed in Austria, for me it was the 14th time, that I saw The Rolling Stones and that on the 14 on Fire Tour.

I liked hearing "Let's Spend The Night Together" in Zürich and Düsseldorf, because this song is one of my ultimate favorites.

I must also say, I met in all concerts only nice Stones fans; in the cities during sightseeing, on the airport, in train station, in hotels and of course in front of the venue and especially in the venues, in which I had very special talks with the people, who were standing so close to me! And because of the fans, is a Rolling Stones concert, even more special!! Thank you all!!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: July 4, 2014 23:56

Best time with the Stones since...?1995?
With my friend Marc(marclaff)we saw three concerts:Lisboa,Paris and Werchter.The best because it was the first and the presence of Bruce was Lisboa,then Werchter and Paris.I never saw the Stones so happy and in fire to play together,every song was great,of course Mick have been the leader but Keith was in great shape too!
Maybe i repeat bur really all three shows were among the best i ever saw.
A great "souvenir"is when we just left the plane at the LIsboa airport we saw Darryl Jones and Chuck leavell just in front of us!I took a picture they were very friendly.Voilà c'est fini!Peut-être l'année prochaine à London?!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 5, 2014 15:19

3 times:

Berlin, pit: 10 out of 10 - with my son and wife and Harry (my old Stonesmate)
Paris, pit after OOC: 9,5/10 - alone, then met Hansi and Andrea! drinking smiley
Werchter, Golden circle: 7/10 (because of the lame crowd, the weather
and Keith´s turned down sound)

The Stones were always in a f´great shape. Mick working like a 30 year old,
Ronnie playing a lot of great rhythm guitar (Sympathy!)
and leads (esp. during Wild Horses in Werchter!)- with Dr. M. aka. Mr. D., my other old Stonesmate

A great summer tour! I just can´t believe they will e v e r stop!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 15:22 by TooTough.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 5, 2014 16:21

How was it? A rather short, just one gig (Stockholm). But in my book 14 ON FIRE was better than 50 AND COUNTING, in which I only spotted Hyde Park #2. Both were excellent experiences, but wheras Hyde Park was great for being more like an event, Stockholm surprised me with musical content. After Hyde Park I thought that 'this is it, now I've seen it all, and I won't get musical kicks out of this band any longer' (one can see my frustrated reflections in past pages of IORR somewhere). But I was wrong (and not for the first time...) The Stones, and especially Jagger surprised me positively, and now, as a Rolling Stones fan, I can die happy... I'm so glad I decided to go, even though that wasn't such an obvious choice at all.

So, what's next?winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 17:28

x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 17:49 by grzegorz67.

Date: July 5, 2014 17:36

X

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 17:49 by grzegorz67.

Date: July 5, 2014 17:48

3 shows for me as per my signature below. These were my lifetime 19th, 20th & 21st respectively. I was part of the class of 1990, 1st seeing them on 2nd last night of the Urban Jungle Tour in 1990. I honestly thought THAT would be my 1st and last show!!!!!

I queued (lined up) early for all 3 shows. By a long distance it's been my very best tour ever for meeting and hanging out with fans from the IORR global community. Meeting people who I've only ever known via a message board. Feeling sad that the party is over. It was such fun to meet the same fans over and over at multiple shows. With there being just 14, that is far more likely to happen so well judged by the band to be so aware of their own limitations. A show every 3 days is spot on at their stage. As a result they have maintained a very high level of performance. We all have our moans, static setlists, too little use of MT, ticket prices etc but we've still got this amazing band to enjoy.

I have particularly fond memories of Oslo due to the rehearsals and build up of excitement to the the 1st night of the tour. The meeting other fans at that show was the best ever though Paris & Stockholm were probably better shows.

Great to meet all of the following IORRians on my travels + some others without realising it. In no particular order:

Dandelion Powderman
Lorenz
Crawdaddy
LatvianinExile (met him at all 3 shows!)
HeartforStones
Bjornulf himself!!!!
Rronnie (on the bus back to Stockholm Skavsta - his story about losing his car at Prague 2003 was hilarious. Germans DO have a sense of humour folks. Rronnie, you need to tell that story on here my friend)

Lily from Bremen who lives in Egypt - The quietly dignified Die Hard)

Jan & Adiela from Eastern NL. Jan has seen 150+ shows

The inimitable Uli Schroder, "Curate" of a Stones Museum.

Michael from North West London who I met in the queue for Stockholm and I ended up standing with him.

The 2 Flemish guys I met (1 was called Peter) waiting to get into Stockholm and in the pub afterwards - we saw the end of Belgium v USA on TV

The lovely young Alin from Mexico who studies in Bath, England who remembered me from the Oslo show and sold me her spare ticket to Paris on the coach there

Many many more

For anyone who might remember me, I'm the fair haired Scottish guy always wearing either a US flag Licks Tour T shirt or a US Tour 1981 T shirt. I'm wearing my US flag T shirt in this great pic (last on the page) from the Stones' Oslo twitter feed and it features at least 2 much better known IORRians standing/sitting close to me smileys with beer

[www.iorr.org]

Roll on the next tour, hope times 1,000 there is one - I've had a blast.

Gregor

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 18:09 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 5, 2014 18:41

Who can forget you Gregor.
Remember outside the Stones hotel, ( I didn't even know that at the time),when Charlotte used to come outside for a ciggy, Little Steven from E-Street band with Jane Rose, and then Mick Taylor came walking across ,all within about 20 minutes.
Then as I walked down the road,ended up chatting and taking a few pics with Chuck and his missus.

I had a great time in Oslo. >grinning smiley<

Date: July 5, 2014 21:45

Doxa
How was it? A rather short, just one gig (Stockholm). But in my book 14 ON FIRE was better than 50 AND COUNTING, in which I only spotted Hyde Park #2. Both were excellent experiences, but wheras Hyde Park was great for being more like an event, Stockholm surprised me with musical content. After Hyde Park I thought that 'this is it, now I've seen it all, and I won't get musical kicks out of this band any longer' (one can see my frustrated reflections in past pages of IORR somewhere). But I was wrong (and not for the first time...) The Stones, and especially Jagger surprised me positively, and now, as a Rolling Stones fan, I can die happy... I'm so glad I decided to go, even though that wasn't such an obvious choice at all.

- Doxa

River Plate.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 5, 2014 22:47

I enjoyed very much the Werchter Stones concert.
It was great to walk around the festival site and jump in GC to get close to the stage for The Stones Intro + Jumping Jack Flash.
Bobby Womack's cover "It's All Over Now" was very special as a tribute and the first time I listened to this Stones track in 1964.
Mick Jagger was the man on the stage, running around and trying to interact with the audience.
Wild Horses was very special.
Midnight Rambler amazing with Mick Taylor, " have seen The Stones in 1973".
This band rocked the place.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 5, 2014 23:00

After the wonderful, great and unforgettable Hyde Park concert on July 13th, 2013
we (me and my closest friend for years with whom I take a "concert trip" each and every year) have been to Paris this time, and alone I went to see them in Düsseldorf a week later.

I enjoyed every single second of it.

The second half of the Paris show is the best I've ever heard them play, "Start Me Up" was SO great (courtesy of RW and great interaction of everybody on stage).

It's fantastic that all shows have been great this year, there hasn't been a single off-night.

I still can feel the high energy of the Düsseldorf concert. A big thank you to Matt Lee for the ticket (front of stage, Keiths side) and a big, big thank you to the Rolling Stones (and that thank you goes out to everybody on stage, as I really enjoyed each musicians performance this time!).

Re: How was your Rolling Stones European Tour?
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 6, 2014 04:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 04:40 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: July 6, 2014 07:08

By order of preference for the 4 gigs I saw:

Very best: Rome
Good: Berlin
Also Good but less: Oslo
Not Good: Belgium (my country....)

Reasons for the ranking come from a blend of parameters that all play a role in a Stones gig:
1- The audience (Italy was absolute best, Belgium absolute worst)
2- The Stones mood (related to the audience and venue, Rome was so great in this regard - the band was actually partying on stage!!)
3- The venue (Rome absolute best, Berlin great, Werchter a nightmare)
4- The set list (In this case Belgium had some good point)
5- My own mood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 07:09 by Grichka.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 6, 2014 13:33

I had a blast! Meeting old and new friends, enjoying 4 great shows and getting autographs from Mick J, Charlie, Ronnie, Chuck and Daryl.

In Paris I also met and chatted with Dominique Tarlé.

Paris I thought was the best show, followed by Berlin and Stockholm. Vienna wasn't bad, but I hated the entrance hassle there.

Meet you further up on the road! If London 2015 is true, I'm game.

Date: July 6, 2014 15:16

Topi
Meet you further up on the road! If London 2015 is true, I'm game.
count me in as well

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 6, 2014 16:30

Landgraaf, Berlin and Düsseldorf. It was amazing as always. Really had a wonderful time again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 6, 2014 16:50

Doxa

- Doxa

Ziggodome Amsterdam summer 2015
Jeroen

Date: July 6, 2014 16:55

corriecas
Doxa
I'm so glad I decided to go, even though that
wasn't such an obvious choice at all.
- Doxa
Ziggodome Amsterdam summer 2015
Jeroen
it has a roof, doesn't it?
the reek of reefer shall reach
unknown proportions! who is
gonna help me there?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:02

BV says this was the last tour so i guess this is it:-(

Fantastic month, highlight for me was Landgraaf!

Date: July 6, 2014 17:13

The "last tour" might just mean last big tour. Even smaller tours might occur, hopefully.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home