Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: The 2013 Tour
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 8, 2014 22:52

One word...Fantastique!

Re: How was your Rolling Stones European Tour ?
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 8, 2014 23:42

Got a Sticky, and second one in my IORR career. smiling smiley

I know it's combined with other threads.............but they all count.

So glad that 99% of us have all thought this European Tour was great. Really great, in all respects. smileys with beer

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 9, 2014 00:03

DandelionPowderman
I attended shows in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and they were all great.

The poorest one was HP1, though. Didn't attend any US shows, but watched the PPV from Newark. Judging by that performance it would by far be the lamest show - but it would of course be different being there, getting the right sound and the live experience.

I don't know why people are saying the US shows were poorer in general, though.

Maybe someone who attended both can shed some light on this? The people I know that went to different continents say they were all great.

Apart from O2 opening night and HP1 all my viewing has been via youtube but I agree completely. The O2 was fantastic, HP1 a bit of a let down for me; crappy venue, took a while to get the sound mix right and it wasn't loud enough. I thoroughly enjoyed the US concerts of 2013 and expected more of Hyde Park. This European tour - and the Asian leg - has been the best yet and motivated me to cross the world to be in the pit at Brisbane. I can justify it on the grounds that it is a confirmed show, nothing after New zealand is confirmed and FOS prices in London are always off the scale so better to experience FOS in Brisbane and miss anything that may or may not happen in London. (Yeah, of course I'll be saying that next year too. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:18

rebelrebel
DandelionPowderman

The poorest one was HP1, though. Didn't attend any US shows, but watched the PPV from Newark. Judging by that performance it would by far be the lamest show - but it would of course be different being there, getting the right sound and the live experience.

Maybe someone who attended both can shed some light on this? The people I know that went to different continents say they were all great.

Apart from O2 opening night and HP1 all my viewing has been via youtube but I agree completely. The O2 was fantastic, HP1 a bit of a let down for me; crappy venue, took a while to get the sound mix right and it wasn't loud enough. I thoroughly enjoyed the US concerts of 2013 and expected more of Hyde Park. This European tour - and the Asian leg - has been the best yet and motivated me to cross the world to be in the pit at Brisbane. I can justify it on the grounds that it is a confirmed show, nothing after New zealand is confirmed and FOS prices in London are always off the scale so better to experience FOS in Brisbane and miss anything that may or may not happen in London. (Yeah, of course I'll be saying that next year too. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

All this is subjective. I was FOS in HP1 (and HP2) and though it was great, better than both 02 shows, and I thought HP1 was better than HP2. It is of course depending on our own mood but it is also important how close to the stage we are. I don't think there is an objective and reliable measure.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:43

Well if 2012 & 2013 are also included, my list is as follows:

1. 02 #2, London
2. 02 #1, London
3. Pinkpop, Holland
4. Stade de France, Paris
5. HP #2, London
6. Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf
7. Tele2 Arena, Stockholm
8. TW Classic, Werchter
9. Telenor Arena, Oslo
10. Waldbühne, Berlin
11. HP #1, London

Still can't believe I saw The Stones 11 times in not even 2 years time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 01:45 by BowieStone.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 9, 2014 12:30

MartinB
rebelrebel
DandelionPowderman

All this is subjective. I was FOS in HP1 (and HP2) and though it was great, better than both 02 shows, and I thought HP1 was better than HP2. It is of course depending on our own mood but it is also important how close to the stage we are. I don't think there is an objective and reliable measure.

I agree of course. I wish I'd got Tier 1 which was at least FOS. I thought Tier 2 represented poor value and as I say the sound was a mess up to Bitch. I thought Beast of Burden was a train wreck for example but hearing the official release it was great! In short, you can't go wrong with being close to the action.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 9, 2014 14:20

rebelrebel
DandelionPowderman

PAY ATTENTION TO THAT LAST PART BEAST winking smiley))) hot smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 9, 2014 20:31

BowieStone
9. Telenor Arena, Oslo
10. Waldbühne, Berlin
11. HP #1, London
all these low ranks HP#1 gets in such lists somehow
help me come to terms with the strangely uncomfortable
feeling i had the days after the concert. surely i was
on a Stones High, but there were some real worries about
if it's a good idea for them to keep rolling. it was my
first concert since '07 and to watch Keef losing the plot
in the first few seconds and so on was hard to stomach.
after last months tour, all is forgiven though.
who am i to judge the pace at which they roll?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:40

think this is my top 6 for 2013/14 smiling smiley

1. Hyde Park 2
2. Düsseldorf
3. Waldbühne
4. Hyde Park 1
5. Landgraaf
6. Werchter

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 9, 2014 23:24

I attended 2012 and 2013 US shows. The worst show by far was Brooklyn opener. Completely flat, no Mick T and a dreadful Beatles song thankfully dropped.

The cutest The Rolling Stones fan I've ever seen
Posted by: huricane ()
Date: July 9, 2014 02:10

I've seen concerts at Ernest Happel stadion and at the Circo Massimo.
Both concerts were magnificent.
I think if you already have the sun, the moon and The Rolling Stones that was pretty stupid to discuss about set list, or is Mick Taylor this or that. I mean it's a wonder that The Rolling Stones are still alive (especially Keith, Ronnie and Charlie), and even if they perform, anyone who loves this group should be happy and not to ask useless questions.
I could write more about this or about concerts, but the smart and nice girl from Romania Andreea Chelsoi or Zgubi said all, in her blog (named Rolling With The Stones) and on their posts. But above all, it proved that there are, thankfully, still valuable and enthusiastic Stones fans who were able to overcome all obstacles.
I want to show you two things.
The first is from Vienna. There you will see my favorite Stones fan (I think he is native from Slovenia and to live in Trieste).
[www.youtube.com]
Otherwise I totally agree with BV when he wrote in his review that every should certainly always see the Stones in Vienna (same for me was at 1990).
If I may say, this is a surprise to me, the atmosphere in Vienna was much more friendly and relaxed, while the concert in Rome showed just how much Italy loves The Rolling Stones.
Another thing happened in Rome in front of the hotel where the Stones were (Riggis). I saw a small woman, about my age, with a little dog. She ran towards me, and had a very interesting black T-shirt from The Rolling Stones concert in Paris. I did not even know who she is. To my astonishment she with the pet walked past me, and entered at the hotel. Only then I realized it was Jane Rose, the only person from the vicinity of the Rolling Stones, which would, apart from Mick Jagger, I love to meet.

This reminds me of an event from Prague, where I was also in front of the hotel 2004. They (Stones) then stayed at the 4 Seasons Hotels, all tour. I saw Ronnie and Keith, Bernard, I had a picture with Lisa Fisher and Bob Geldof was driving around in an ugly cabrio. But my attention was attracted by an elderly gentleman. He was somehow familiar, but I just could not remember who he is. And just as with Jane Rose in Rome, only after Mr. missing, I realized who it was. Joe Jagger! I'm sorry that I did not made selfie with him as it would then have to say that I have a picture with the real creator of The Rolling Stones!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 12:15 by huricane.

Re: The cutest The Rolling Stones fan I've ever seen
Date: July 9, 2014 02:35

Zgubi, i think you're on your way to become a recognized Tour Phenomenon!

Date: July 9, 2014 02:38

huricane
I could write more about this or about concerts, but the smart and nice girl from Romania Andreea Chelsoi or Zgubi said all, in her blog (named Rolling With The Stones) and on their posts. But above all, it proved that there are, thankfully, still valuable and enthusiastic Stones fans who were able to overcome all obstacles.
very kind words, sir
huricane
I realized who it was. Joe Jagger! I'm sorry that I did not made selfie with him as it would then have to say that I have a picture with the real creator of The Rolling Stones!
aw mah gawd, you've actually layed eyes on Mick's father?
how cool is that? well no need to be sorry, to my knowledge
nothing like a selfie existed in '04. great times!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-20 17:38 by Nikkei.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 9, 2014 08:09

That is awesome! So cool that he was on tour with his kid smiling smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: July 9, 2014 08:55

Hi Voja, been to the same concerts as you and enjoyed them like I never did before. I first saw them in 1976 (Vienna) and since that I followed them around the globe whenever it was possible but I never had so much fun as this time. I've never saw such a great audience in Vienna before and Rome was fantastic because of the enormous crowd and the great ambiente and not at least because of Streets of Love, which I'd have never expected.

Set list? Taylor? There was a setlist that worked out brilliant and Taylor on 2 or 3 songs is better than nothing. Finally I've seen the band I always wanted to see and just in case this was the last time I'm deeply grateful that I've been there smileys with beer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2014 18:35

Not bad, not bad, I like the cerise shorts, not so keen on the matching sandals though...........winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 18:37 by EddieByword.

Posted by: huricane ()
Date: July 9, 2014 21:56

EddieByword

Not bad, not bad, I like the cerise shorts, not so keen on the matching sandals though..........

My cutest fan is on video clip....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:43

huricane
EddieByword

Not bad, not bad, I like the cerise shorts, not so keen on the matching sandals though..........

Just adorable, love how he is copying Keith with that little bandana head scarf. Hope his Mama had ear plugs for him.

Very nice story huricane, thanks for sharing.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:51

huricane
EddieByword

Yeah, I got that, just kidding you...............

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 10, 2014 10:27

I only managed Rome. Fantastic gig, fantastic venue, fantastic crowd.

I think the tour was a huge success. From any point of view!

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:41

I only managed to see them in Vienna - a fact which i really regret now...the concert in Vienna was really great, a wonderful experience...i am really grateful that I could "accompany" the Stones while I grew up - my first concert was 1982, also in Vienna, when I was just 17....

reading all the reports, not only here, on IORR, but also in the mass media all over the world, there is no way denying that the whole tour was a huge success. and i doubt very much that there will ever be again such a band as the Stones.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 10, 2014 13:02

I remember seeing some great pictures, taken by you guys, from both Mick & Keith (mostly seperately); it was around the BERLIN gig - the one(-s) before, and/or maybe the one(-s) after. There was this this great, almost 'diabolic', really impressive Mick Jagger, kinda storming towards the camera with arms wide (that one was taken in the early days of 14 On Fire Europe, I'm pretty sure); and then ther was this absolutely fantastic Keith pic, wearing a green shirt and (what looked like) green sunglasses; holding his guitar, smiling ear to ear, and kneeling (if I'm not mistaking).

Would love to see those ones again!

I've searched in (almost) all the specific concert threads, but it's not really easy to find these again (and that's putting it mildly. smoking smiley )

If any of you people can put me in the right direction...?!

Cheerz in advance!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 10, 2014 13:29

Seeing the cutest fan video reminded me of a little boy about 3 years old with a Stones t-shirt on at the rehearsals outside arena in Oslo.

He was there with mum and dad ,who were obviously big local Stones fans, the two days I was there.

There was also the lovely pic of a mum at a gig,carrying her young son who was obviously overjoyed at the show. This was on one of Andreeas great videos.

Great memories. smiling smiley

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:39

RoughJusticeOnYa
I remember seeing some great pictures, taken by you guys, from both Mick & Keith (mostly seperately); it was around the BERLIN gig - the one(-s) before, and/or maybe the one(-s) after. There was this this great, almost 'diabolic', really impressive Mick Jagger, kinda storming towards the camera with arms wide (that one was taken in the early days of 14 On Fire Europe, I'm pretty sure); and then ther was this absolutely fantastic Keith pic, wearing a green shirt and (what looked like) green sunglasses; holding his guitar, smiling ear to ear, and kneeling (if I'm not mistaking).

Would love to see those ones again!

I've searched in (almost) all the specific concert threads, but it's not really easy to find these again (and that's putting it mildly. smoking smiley )

If any of you people can put me in the right direction...?!
Cheerz in advance!

Perhaps Oslo ...

Landgraf... or

Paris ...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 20:43 by gipsy12.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:45

My Top 5 list 2012-2014:
1. O2 Arena, London I
2. Hydepark (tier 2 Keith side), London II
3. Waldbune (pit), Berlin

and far behind:
ex-aquo: 4. Hydepark (tier 2 Keith side), London I and Werchter (golden circle Ronnie Side)

Had a great Rolling Stones Time 2012-2014 but I will be okee if I never see them live again.... What am I saying??? It al depends on when and were etc. ofcourse, but after 35 shows since Rotterdam 1982 I had enough SATISFACTION for life ('till NOW).smiling smileysmileys with beersmiling smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:27

How was your Rolling Stones European Tour ?

F***ing great !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: 2014 European Tour - A Success or Big Disappointment?
Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:46

lippmann
i would say a big success, this tour raised the spirit of the european fans.maybe its interesting to see how many viewers and followers on the tell me forum would come in the ship through the tour, in relation to the last one, 2007.
anyway, for me, who only was in düsseldorf, it was great in every way, the lucky dip tickets saved me this time, (i `ve wouldnt have spend 220 euros for that seat, with my wife together 440, i earn 1400 euros per month, this is ridicoulous if you got family)so thank you double! management, that you got your eyes not only in the diamond circle. i know some guys will say its cynical because the ld tickets are just another way to get a full house, but for me who got the luck it was a chance to see my beloved band in a payable way, in a great seat with a great view and the best sound in years!
musically speaking, i can only say, the gig in dd was full of power and fun from the start, never would i say before the gig, that street fightin man would be my favourite number, but thats the thing about the gigs, if you hear that stuff on you tube its nice, but if you be there, its a different ballgame.the way they play this song on that evening was classic stones 78.
to play a mistake out and slowly rockin on...
if theres one thing, why i love this band, its that moment, when they wont stop,
they got it since hyde park 69 (stray cat) or let it rock (leeds) or imagination
king bisquit 78 and not in my beatifulsed dream i would see this before me on this tour. and man , they hit the nail!
so thank you for a great time ! and dont forget "lets drink to the hard workin people...."
the book is closed.

lippmann, what a heart-warming post. I am so glad you got lucky with your lds in Ddorf!

I am moved by many posts in this topic. I saw two in 2012 and three in 2013. I was supposed to go to Berlin, in the pit, was waylaid. I know everyone there had a great time. Rome sounds terrific and all the shows, really. Thanks, all. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: How was your Rolling Stones European Tour?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2014 22:34

RoughJusticeOnYa
this absolutely fantastic Keith pic, wearing a green shirt and (what looked like) green sunglasses; holding his guitar, smiling ear to ear, and kneeling (if I'm not mistaking).

Madrid, 25 June. Photo by Carlos Alvarez.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: July 10, 2014 23:58

I attended :
1- Le Trabendo, Paris
2- Stade de France, Paris
3- Wechter, Belgium
Besides, I expected to be, at least, at Landgraaf and Roskilde.
Le Trabendo gig was the most impressive one for me.

Date: July 11, 2014 00:34

Georges
Le Trabendo gig was the most impressive one for me.
one should think so

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home