Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Roskilde Denmark 3 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 4, 2014 14:55

gotdablouse
BowieStone
Yes, those monitors on the catwalk are really annoying.
And it seemed they switch them on at random. Even when no stones member is around.

Not at random, no, but they seem very "sensitive" as they kick in as soon as one of the guitar players ventures at the foot of the catwalk, in Paris it happened when Taylor walked there too. They definitely did not kick in when Mick was on the catwalk, but they may have when Lisa was there (HP1 for sure), which is odd considering she certainly has an IEM device.

They're annoying to the nearby audience because they are slightly delayed (and overlap with the normal sound system) so that the guitar players can hear what the rest of the band are actually playing, although with the Stone's legendary "behind the beat" timing they could certainly handle a 30/300=100ms delay.

In fact they probably don't work well enough (or they get confusing like they do for the nearby audience) because Keith is always in a hurry to get back to his real monitors for the end of Miss You.

The monitors were really annoying for people near to catwalk. The only time I did not have FOS tickets was Paris, I was standing with my son next to the soundboard, and the sound was indeed fantastic. But I still prefer being close...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 4, 2014 17:44

powerage78
End of the best european tour ever

I would have thought '67, '70, and '73 were all at least a wee skosh better ... but to each his own!

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:47

I think some of you are a little slow in catching sarcasm.

Rolling Stones - Roskilde Denmark 3 July 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2014 20:11

Politiken's Mona Samir and her husband, jazz drummer Soren Frost, were Charlie's guests at Roskilde.

Photos by Mona Samir

Story by Anders Hjort - [politiken.dk]

Google translate - [goo.gl]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 4, 2014 21:21

Great show in Roskilde. Thanks to everyone for a great summer tour!

Roskilde reports and pictures:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 4, 2014 21:57

Review in Swedish by Markus Larsson, the same guy who bashed the Stones concert in Gothenburg 2007 and got Keith upset: Jaggers energi är imponerande

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:12

TheBlockbuster
Review in Swedish by Markus Larsson, the same guy who bashed the Stones concert in Gothenburg 2007 and got Keith upset: Jaggers energi är imponerande
No mention of guitars other than Mick T ?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:15

EJM
TheBlockbuster
No mention of guitars other than Mick T ?

He fears the blade.

JumpingKentFlash

Denmark 4 July 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:30

Last trip in Europe!

[twitter.com]

Date: July 4, 2014 22:30

"Steel Wings"? Larsson continues to make a fool of himself.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 4, 2014 23:47

Stonesfan2146
Do you think Keith had pain in his fingers because of his arthritis at 4:48 ?
[www.youtube.com]

It looks like...

Good catch but it looks more like pain in the "thumb muscle", a pain/cramp that guitar players know well (those that lack practice at least) especially when playing bar chords, which Keith was not...as a side note, nice guitar by Ronnie around 5'00", sounds like Get Yer Ya Yas, never noticed he was playing that during the recent shows I saw, duh...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 00:24

gotdablouse
Stonesfan2146
[www.youtube.com]

It looks like...

Good catch but it looks more like pain in the "thumb muscle", a pain/cramp that guitar players know well (those that lack practice at least) especially when playing bar chords, which Keith was not...as a side note, nice guitar by Ronnie around 5'00", sounds like Get Yer Ya Yas, never noticed he was playing that during the recent shows I saw, duh...

Okay, Ronnie did it some times on this tour and I think all in all he played the rhythm part on sympathy much better than in 2013. smiling smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 5, 2014 00:47

I love BV's photo of the final bow with Mick clearly reaching over Ron for Keith's shoulder - so different from HP2 !

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: July 5, 2014 01:48

I found this site randomly at the start of the Europe tour and was instantly addicted. Thank you everybody for all the posts, photos, videos and I've loved all the arguments about setlists/Keith/MT etc.

I never realised before the depth of analysis on Mick and Keith's body language - I thought it was only me that did that.

I feel quite sad it's over!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 5, 2014 01:58

Hey bathsheba... as Keith said to the Belgrade audience... welcome to the club. smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 5, 2014 02:20

DP
"Steel Wings"? Larsson continues to make a fool of himself

Where does he say that? I think he gives a pretty decent review this time around. Remember, he isn't a Rolling Stones fan to begin with. Like most Swedish rock critics his age, he's an indie pop fan.
Håkan Hellström or Kent just have to show up on stage and he will give them five star reviews.

Posted by: stone69 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 04:13

My Girlfriend and me was standing about 3 rows back in front of the stage Keiths side, 2 rows from the catwalk, perfect spot to se and hear everything,, and what a great great show it was my seventh show in the last 25 years, pure magic and a legendary performance.

Date: July 5, 2014 04:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 14:06 by stone69.

2014 Rolling Stones tour...
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 5, 2014 09:33

StonesCat
I think some of you are a little slow in catching sarcasm.

thumbs up but it's undeniable they're much better than last year : better shows, no lame guests.
Ok setlists were stiff (but they've always been with the Stones) but the gigs were so much more powerful than last year in the US or in Asia this year.
Keith in particular shone during these 14 shows.

I betcha they'll be even better for the Oz/NZ shows. Just like in 94-95, the best bunch of shows from the whole world tour will be played Down Under.

Date: July 5, 2014 09:55

Stoneage
DP

Where does he say that? I think he gives a pretty decent review this time around. Remember, he isn't a Rolling Stones fan to begin with. Like most Swedish rock critics his age, he's an indie pop fan.
Håkan Hellström or Kent just have to show up on stage and he will give them five star reviews.

Check out the song-by-song review.

I know what he fancies when it comes to music. I just don't like his need to make a sensation out of everything in music, often by promoting himself.

Yes, Mick was fantastic, but so was the band. And there isn't anything one-dimensional within huge parts of the setlist: SSC, WH, OOC, YGTS, CBS, SFTD, LSTNT, GS in my (not always so) humble opinion smiling smiley

I agree that this review was more balanced, but that also says a lot, I think.

"The Rolling Jagger" smiling smiley

Roskilde Denmark 3 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 5, 2014 10:08

finally arrived at home. you should've been there!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 5, 2014 10:59

Nikkei
you should've been there!

I know

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 5, 2014 11:22

gotdablouse
Stonesfan2146
[www.youtube.com]

It looks like...

I know that if I've been driving a long distance one of my hands "goes to sleep" where it's been gripping the wheel for a long time - and I do exactly what Keith does - give it a good shake and wiggle my fingers to wake it up.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 12:37

Green Lady
gotdablouse
Stonesfan2146
[www.youtube.com]

It looks like...

I know that if I've been driving a long distance one of my hands "goes to sleep" where it's been gripping the wheel for a long time - and I do exactly what Keith does - give it a good shake and wiggle my fingers to wake it up.

Thanks for the answers. As I don't play guitar I'm not familiar with things like that. smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 5, 2014 13:38

You got some beautiful shots there, stone69 - thanks for posting them ... except (with all respect!) that last one.
Some fluke of the big screen makes poor Mick look dreadfully deformed eye popping smiley

Date: July 5, 2014 14:01

Hi With Sssoul, thanks alot, yeah I see what you meen about the last pic, didnt notice it when I posted it, my mind was still flying high from the concert...Still is :-)

Maybe I should resize the pic, without the bigscreen in the back or maybe just remove it

What a concert it was, just pure magic, the band and the crowd was on fire, from the start to the last song

Date: July 5, 2014 14:04

Ha ha! Bobby's face becomes integrated in Mick's grinning smiley

Date: July 5, 2014 14:07

Fixed the pic now :-)

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 5, 2014 14:38

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
DP

I know what he fancies when it comes to music. I just don't like his need to make a sensation out of everything in music, often by promoting himself.

Yes, Mick was fantastic, but so was the band. And there isn't anything one-dimensional within huge parts of the setlist: SSC, WH, OOC, YGTS, CBS, SFTD, LSTNT, GS in my (not always so) humble opinion smiling smiley

''Steel Wings'' has now been changed to ''Steel Wheels'' in the article, maybe mr Larsson reads iorr grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 14:52 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 5, 2014 15:34

TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage
DP

''Steel Wings'' has now been changed to ''Steel Wheels'' in the article, maybe mr Larsson reads iorr grinning smiley

Journalists are normally full of crap - one complint from the show in Roskilde was that they played to slow - well, do you play a blues song full speed on?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home