Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Nick Charles
Posted by: thegroove ()
Date: July 3, 2014 05:33

Bassist extraordinaire and all around cool guy Nick Charles has passed away in Chicago on July 1.Recently played with Billy Branch and host to many jam sessions.Was encouraged by Howlin Wolf to move to Chicago from Mississippi back in the day.He played with many a bluesman over the years including Muddy Waters.Nick had a truly unique bass style and a friendly demeanor.We will miss him dearly.

Re: OT: RIP Nick Charles
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 3, 2014 06:01

Nick was very special.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 3, 2014 10:45

I've known Nick for a short while, having done a "Blues In Schools" project for 2 weeks in Antwerp, Belgium (aprox. 15 years ago), together with Billy Branch & the SOB's (his band; including Nick).

He was a state-of-the-art kinda guy.

My thoughts go out to his family & friends, who will no doubt miss him dearly...

P.S.: not sure about it myself, but I was told he joined in with the "Muddy & the Stones" jam at the Checkerboard Lounge, early eighties?
I never really checked this in detail, but does anybody know if it's true? f.i.: is the DVD conclusive?

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: July 3, 2014 13:54

another classic is gone

Posted by: thegroove ()
Date: July 3, 2014 14:35

Yeah Nick does play on the Checkerboard session.He is also a friend to Darryl Jones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home