Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Each Stone his own van to/off the venue?
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 2, 2014 11:27

I´m not sure, but looking at the iorr-pictures gig to gig through this and recent tours I ask myself:
Is each member of the band shuttled in his own single van/car to and of the gigs.
Do they share sometime?
Do they even all ride sometimes in one van? Like 1964?
May be my well informed Stones-mates here can help me with this one.

Re: Each Stone his own van to/off the venue?
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:10

I think the PPV Voodoo Lounge show in Miami, 1994 already showed each Stone leaving in his own pesonal limo, after the gig.

Date: July 2, 2014 13:29

But why is that?
Security reasons may be?
Or Charlie & Co just want to be alone right after the gig?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:48

Luxury, I reckon.
And maybe security, yes...

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 2, 2014 14:23

caschimann
But why is that?
Security reasons may be?
Or Charlie & Co just want to be alone right after the gig?

They are on a JOB - no longer the band of "mates" socializing together.

I used to be, as a side job in the firm, the "travel coordinator" for my Div. You could see of when get older/richer/higher in the hierarchy etc. their time and personal convenience become more and more "precious". And I'm not talking about some arrogant bunch of louts. At the beginning people like travelling together, think that a 9 hours city break between connection flights is fun, and would travel from airports with the express trains (where these exist). 2-3 years later, in the same firm, they already in the stage where they just wish to have direct flight, use taxis right at the Terminals gate and would not take any type of an arrangement that is shared with another colleague. Once you can afford it - you want to have full control on your time. And if your guitarist want's to stay backstage for 15 minutes signing for people of speaking to a reporter, for you those 15 minutes means 15 minutes away from the wash & sleep you so much care for.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:03

I saw then arriving to the hotel in Madrid before a show in San Sebastian, from the airport. Each one in his own van. They were not alone. They travel with his wives, sons, daughters, assistants and so on... There's no place for all of them in one car. Jagger was with Cohl in one car. The rest of them were with their families.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:02

I was in Rome the other week outside the bands hotel and Jagger left for the gig on his own in a Mercedes limo and shortly after Keith and Ronnie left together in a people carrier I didn't see Charlie but apparently he likes to ride in the same type of car as Jagger while Keith and Ronnie prefer the people carrier.

I have some pictures from outside the hotel but I don't know how to upload them onto here.

Nate

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:16

Use the excuse Security for if No Security, we wouldn't have that live album, eh?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:24

When I saw, or I should say heard, the Stones rehearse for the 2014 tour, each of the 4 arrived and left in their own limo. Chuck and Daryl drove themselves and Bernard was dropped off.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:40

BluzDude
When I saw, or I should say heard, the Stones rehearse for the 2014 tour, each of the 4 arrived and left in their own limo. Chuck and Daryl drove themselves and Bernard was dropped off.

Chuck and Darryl do not drive themselves on any Stones tour, you silly...

And I think this should answer the question what type of 'van' they use.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 22:58 by Chacal.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:07

Cos...they're grownups?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:26

When I embarrassedly waited outside their Pittsburgh hotel, during the Bigger Bang tour. They all got into seperate vehicles.

Date: July 2, 2014 23:48

Chacal
BluzDude

Chuck and Darryl do not drive themselves on any Stones tour, you silly...

And I think this should answer the question what type of 'van' they use.
[www.youtube.com]

Actually, when I saw them at reheasals last year, Chuck drove (himself) in a Honda Accord (most likely a rental) and Daryl was driving a Jeep (or Jeep type) vehicle. And since Bernard lives about 10 miles from the rehearsal site, it could have been a friend or wife that dropped him off.

...as far as the Stones, Keith was in a large SUV, the other 3 each had a Mercedes Limo, with Mick's being larger, newer and shinier than Charlie's or Ronnie's. In fact, while in reheasals, Mick's driver was constantly applying a rag to his vehicle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 23:56 by BluzDude.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: July 3, 2014 02:07

BluzDude
Actually, when I saw them at reheasals last year, Chuck drove (himself) in a Honda Accord (most likely a rental) and Daryl was driving a Jeep (or Jeep type) vehicle. And since Bernard lives about 10 miles from the rehearsal site, it could have been a friend or wife that dropped him off.

...as far as the Stones, Keith was in a large SUV, the other 3 each had a Mercedes Limo, with Mick's being larger, newer and shinier than Charlie's or Ronnie's. In fact, while in reheasals, Mick's driver was constantly applying a rag to his vehicle.

OK - You said rehearse for the '2014 Tour'.
Rehearsals for 2014 tour took place in Paris and there's no way they would drive themselves there.

When they were coming in for the US rehearsal, it may have been different.
But as soon as they go on the road, they have drivers.

Date: July 3, 2014 15:25

So this all means, that during some touring days or even weeks they see each other just on stage. For soundcheck and gig.

Example Charlie: Hotelroom - Van/limo - backstage dressing room - stage - backstage dressing room - van/limo - Hotelroom.

But I think I´m just too romantic.

First of all, the days of all in one bus driven by Stu are oooover long time.
And second: Do I drive with all my collegues to work in one car? No.
And third: Do I hang around with my collegues in my not working time. No.

So...

But anyway thanks again all of you for your support.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:35

My guess is that Charlie, being such a self important Prima-Donna RocK Star, insisted on his own luxurious limo and that, consequently, everybody else had to have one winking smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2014 18:05

stars don't want to be kept waiting by other stars.

Date: July 3, 2014 18:30

Chacal
BluzDude

OK - You said rehearse for the '2014 Tour'.
Rehearsals for 2014 tour took place in Paris and there's no way they would drive themselves there.

When they were coming in for the US rehearsal, it may have been different.
But as soon as they go on the road, they have drivers.

...Sorry, typo, was referring to the 2013 reheasals in Burbank (where this picture was taken).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home