Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Stockholm Sweden 1 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 10:07

drbryant
Stoneage
Apparently this guy, Harry Styles, saw the concert in Stockholm and visited Sir Michael at Grand Hotel after the gig. Harry Styles, the new Mick Jagger?
Who knows...

I'm sure I saw this guy in the lobby of the Grand Hotel. I still don't know who he is. Will have to google the guy.

Since this "guy" appeared on this forum before (on a photo with Mick, I think), I have just googled him and found out, he was a member of One Direction. I have heard the name before, have seen some DVDs in stores, but never cared to check what "it" was. So now I checked two songs on Youtube and it is a typical boyband. I thought those were popular 20 years ago. I don't really understand why Mick hangs around with him / them. Did The Stones hang around with New Kids On The Block or Backstreet Boys 20 years ago? Since this is exactly the same to me. Well, based on those 2 songs I saw. Or am I wrong?

One might argue that Mick is getting an attention of young fans this way. A lot of young people have been digging The Stones obviously, but I don't believe it is this kind of fans. Or does Mick seriously think this band is great and wants to support them? It is wrong either way I look at it. Am I missing something?

Why on Erath would Mick want to get involved with this?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 5, 2014 10:15

Happy24
drbryant
Stoneage
Apparently this guy, Harry Styles, saw the concert in Stockholm and visited Sir Michael at Grand Hotel after the gig. Harry Styles, the new Mick Jagger?
Who knows...

I'm sure I saw this guy in the lobby of the Grand Hotel. I still don't know who he is. Will have to google the guy.

Since this "guy" appeared on this forum before (on a photo with Mick, I think), I have just googled him and found out, he was a member of One Direction. I have heard the name before, have seen some DVDs in stores, but never cared to check what "it" was. So now I checked two songs on Youtube and it is a typical boyband. I thought those were popular 20 years ago. I don't really understand why Mick hangs around with him / them. Did The Stones hang around with New Kids On The Block or Backstreet Boys 20 years ago? Since this is exactly the same to me. Well, based on those 2 songs I saw. Or am I wrong?

One might argue that Mick is getting an attention of young fans this way. A lot of young people have been digging The Stones obviously, but I don't believe it is this kind of fans. Or does Mick seriously think this band is great and wants to support them? It is wrong either way I look at it. Am I missing something?

Why on Erath would Mick want to get involved with this?

One Direction are HUGE in the UK - one of Simon Cowell's discoveries. Harry Styles has made a big thing of his admiration for the stones - particularly Mick and Keith (including wearing a Keith bandanna at a concert which got headlines in national news). Ronnie has offered guitar mentoring to one of the band too. There have been lots of photos comparing images of the young Mick and Harry in concert.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 5, 2014 10:32

Expressing admiration for The Stones or comparing photos has nothing to do with the music, which in my opinion is completely worthless. Only my opinion, I know.

One might argue, that it is the music of the "young" and that The Stones' music was also viewed as worthless by "adults" at the beginning. But Stones' music was absolutely new and revolutionary when they started, and so it was so difficult to handle for the older generation. There is absolutely nothing new or revolutionary about One Direction music. Exactly this kind of entertainment has been around for more than 20 years and I hope I don't oversimplify it if I say that it has never produced anything memorable. Well, I admit that I like some of the Robbie Williams stuff (I know, I know...), who has come exactly from this background, but that is an exception :-) Agagin, watching the video above, I am absolutely mesmerized by the idea that The Stones (or at least some of them) would support that.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 5, 2014 11:13

I don't think the link with mick has anything to do with appreciating the music ( about which I could not agree with you more ) - it's just being courteous and not snubbing the current "thing" - Harry Styles acknowledgement of the stones has encouraged a new audience to see them as cool as opposed to music their parents and grandparents like.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 5, 2014 13:11

zgubi
just got home, shattered but extremely happy!

review coming in the next view days but I've finished the video, in the second part I talk about the entire tour route I had and you can click the video snippets for each video.

hope you enjoy it, for me it's all been absolutely fantastic!

Loved this video Andreea,and so glad you had a great time in Stockholm.thumbs up

The good weather seems to follow you around,and I also had the same luck with my three gigs.

Got lots of catching up with your videos I haven't watched yet.

Hope you make it to Oz again,and I am hoping to get to South America ,as never been there before .

Hope to see you there or in London,my home town ,in summer 2015. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 5, 2014 15:44

Pics on rs.com winking smiley
[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 5, 2014 19:38

claudine
DrSnuggles
Crazyhorse
Hey claudine thanks for the Charlie pic. He's great isn't he? And Cristiano always my handshake fella

I also like the "Charlie Cam" mounted at his Drum set

one of the best things about the 2014 stage technology!
it shakes the picture so much i suspect it's mounted on
a really thin stick. about the luckiness of the Dips, Andreea
and me left the Arena convinced to have been at one of the best
places in the house. it was the actual Rafters, a little higher
than the last row of seats against the wall. we had about 1,5m of
space on a dancing-and-tripping-proof floor like that:

all my heartfelt thanks go to Zgubi who gave me
the opportunity to attend this show. if it wasn't for
her, i wouldn't have been at Roskilde too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 20:35 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 5, 2014 20:58

harald2002
c'mon Keef, why didn't you sign my Telecaster? it was so annoying
to shlep it round town, man! i even scrubbed its back over the tarmac
to get some of the coating off! it is bound to happen now. just wait =)

Posted by: krkhamster ()
Date: July 7, 2014 17:49

Nice review in Swedish from the Stockholm gig.
krk
Stockholm 140701

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: August 3, 2014 18:05

Quite late, but here are links to my videos from 2014-07-01 Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

It's Only Rock'n'Roll with mostly background video:
[youtu.be]

Angie:
[youtu.be]

Can't Be Seen
[youtu.be]

Miss You:
[youtu.be]

Sympathy For The Devil:
[youtu.be]

You Can't Always Get What You Want
[youtu.be]

All the Best!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 3, 2014 18:36

Nice one Heart for Stones! We actually met at both Oslo and Stockholm - I'm the Scottish guy who spoke with you and your Swedish friend outside the Tele2 on the day before the show. I thought they performed Angie very very well in Stockholm (let's ignore Mick's small mistake with the lyrics at the start...) and to my untrained ear your video confirms it thumbs up

Best,

Gregor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: August 3, 2014 20:17

Just saw on E-Bay Uk (item number 390900557189) a 2 DVD set of the Stockholm gig at Tele2 Arena July 1st 2014, and I was a little interested until I saw the setlist which included track 3, Lets Spend The Night Together, track 6, Wild Horses and track 8, She's So Cold !

Since they didn't play those songs that night I wondered what was going on??

I know bootlegs (or whatever) can be a bit ropey in quality but you expect them to be of the actual concert... is this legal??

Star

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: August 4, 2014 00:35

Great to hear from you and of course I do remember you.
You're right about Angie, but it was a nice show.
Hope to meet you somwhere again.

All the Best!

grzegorz67
Nice one Heart for Stones! We actually met at both Oslo and Stockholm - I'm the Scottish guy who spoke with you and your Swedish friend outside the Tele2 on the day before the show. I thought they performed Angie very very well in Stockholm (let's ignore Mick's small mistake with the lyrics at the start...) and to my untrained ear your video confirms it thumbs up

Best,

Gregor

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 4, 2014 10:33

Nikkei, you should have asked Keef for a cigarette winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home