Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Stockholm Sweden 1 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:11

Good to hear you had a great time, Corriecas. I heard that the weather was so-so. But the main thing is of course that you were satisfied with the concert. Did you get a decent hotel? And a beer or two?

Re: All Down The Line - Sweden
Date: July 3, 2014 17:13

EasterMan
Winning Ugly VXII
flacnvinyl

I hate to say it but I don't think Taylor could've helped this version. It might be the slowest and most uninspired version I have ever seen. I am sure that folks who attended will tell me how wrong I am, and that it was fun in person, but this is the first time I have been genuinely bored by All Down The Line. One of my favorites. Just way too slow here.

I wasn't there but,I have a VERY difficult time believing that this is what it sounded like live in the venue.

Crap recording equipment .... probably a cellular phone. You can't hear anything clearly except for the vocals.

I do believe that with GOOD recordings that you can judge (for the most part) a concert without actually being there. I believe that it is especially true if you have witnessed several recent concerts AND have access to a quality recording.

I don't believe that "jack of all trades / master of none" sweat shop manufactured smart phones paint an accurate picture,however .... especially maybe not in this case.

I am not saying that the performance of "All Down the Line" was good or bad .... just that you can't totally tell for sure from that recorded evidence.

All down the line sounded just as bad in the venue as in the video. I was hoping that would play this song but when they played it... I was very dissapointed. The absolute lowlight of the show for me.

Maybe equally as bad as in the video but,most likely in a different way.

I am sure that you could actually hear instruments if you were there .... even if they were played poorly. If not,there is some kind of other problem.

Date: July 3, 2014 17:18

stonehearted
noughties
The set list! Can you believe it? So lame! What drives these people?

Playing a set list that only twenty thousand people in all of Europe would want to hear wouldn't exactly justify being on the road to begin with, does it?--especially when you need to get at least twenty thousand people into each venue to make it worthwhile.

Amigo. They ALREADY HAVE PLAYED OTHER , MUCH DIFFERENT SET LISTS + WHEN THEY DID , THE ATTENDANCE WAS ACTUALLY MUCH BETTER than it is now.

I am sick of hearing this myth that they can't do something that they have already done.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:29

Stoneage
Good to hear you had a great time, Corriecas. I heard that the weather was so-so. But the main thing is of course that you were satisfied with the concert. Did you get a decent hotel? And a beer or two?

He Stoneage.
Yeah Best western Columbus Hotel. Nice people, great stuff,great breakfast. At Amsterdam Airport we bought Vodka and Gin, so we were allright with a few Swedish beers.
Only downside thing was the heavy rain on wednesday, after we saw the Stones leave the hotel.
Oh well, You cant always...............

Tag.
Jeroen

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:50

Great Show!!

This was my second Stones concert (1st was in HP last summer).
It was nice to chat to Stones fans before the show, they are such a nice and friendly people smiling smiley

My ticket was for Ronnie's side in the GC and luckily for us all the people with early entry went to Keef's side.
So that meant I got to be in the front row!! Amazing, I can't even put it to words how Happy I am to get to see the Stones so close.

The show was great and the band was in the great mood.
I'm just so grateful for the Stones that they are doing this 2012-2014 tour so I have been able to see them live.

And finally special thanks to Avyon! It was great to share this absolutely amazing concert experience with you smiling smiley
I'm happy that you finally got to see the Stones and you did with the style grinning smiley
(I will be checking the photos on weekend)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:55

Video of Mick leaving (and signing for me!) winking smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 3, 2014 21:23

I had the pleasure of going backstage & onstage in Stockholm:-)

Will never forget standing next to Charlies drums and looking out of the audience, fantastic! And the show was great to!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 3, 2014 21:58

Topi
That's me in the blue Paris event t-shirt! Thanks, harald2002!

And here you are once again, this time on the Instagram account of the Stones:

smileys with beer

Posted by: Lord of Dartford ()
Date: July 3, 2014 22:12

Can't be Seen or should I say Heard?
I saw my last Rolling Stones concert so far in Stockholm... I stood again in the front (without any early entry or expensive VIP package) and guess what, I shouted again to Keith (Keith, we all love you over here- One Love), Keith responded back... check out this Youtube video (3:10) [www.youtube.com]

I shouted everytime around the same time to Keith (in between The Silver and Can't be Seen), He changed the guitar and before introducing the next song, I shouted as loud as I could. Unfortunately I stood too much on the right side at the Stade of France (my voice could not reach him). I stood front stage in Werchter but the stage was too high and I saw Keith looking my direction but I doubt he understood what I said. Different Stones friend around me can confirm this! That's the story, from Berlin onwards, Keith said that he didn't had the time right now to talk. Just check out clips from Berlin, Düsseldorf and Stockholm. In Berlin, you can even hear me shouting.

I've done this also on some occasions during the Bigger Bang tour... Keith even said one evenening (You can come backstage man. One Love)!

Posted by: folke ()
Date: July 3, 2014 22:34

Lord of Dartford
Can't be Seen or should I say Heard?
I saw my last Rolling Stones concert so far in Stockholm... I stood again in the front (without any early entry or expensive VIP package) and guess what, I shouted again to Keith (Keith, we all love you over here- One Love), Keith responded back... check out this Youtube video (3:10) [www.youtube.com]

I shouted everytime around the same time to Keith (in between The Silver and Can't be Seen), He changed the guitar and before introducing the next song, I shouted as loud as I could. Unfortunately I stood too much on the right side at the Stade of France (my voice could not reach him). I stood front stage in Werchter but the stage was too high and I saw Keith looking my direction but I doubt he understood what I said. Different Stones friend around me can confirm this! That's the story, from Berlin onwards, Keith said that he didn't had the time right now to talk. Just check out clips from Berlin, Düsseldorf and Stockholm. In Berlin, you can even hear me shouting.

I've done this also on some occasions during the Bigger Bang tour... Keith even said one evenening (You can come backstage man. One Love)!

Keith's response was quoted in this review:
http://www.expressen.se/noje/musik/xl-live/piggare-an-nagonsin--rolling-stones-rockar/

Scroll down to the song by song review.

"I love you too honey but see I don't have the time right now", säger Keith till en beundrarinna i publiken innan han stänker i väg den här "Steel wheels"-favoriten.

Translate: "I love you too honey but see I don't have the time right now", Keith says to a female admirer in the audience before he splashes away this "Steel wheels" favorite.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 22:36 by folke.

Posted by: Lord of Dartford ()
Date: July 3, 2014 22:58

Folke...

[www.expressen.se]

"I love you too honey but see I don't have the time right now", säger Keith till en beundrarinna i publiken innan han stänker i väg den här "Steel wheels"-favoriten.

Translate: "I love you too honey but see I don't have the time right now", Keith says to a female admirer in the audience before he splashes away this "Steel wheels" favorite.

This Swedish lady isn't yet born, as it was me. Different fans round me can confirm this. Oh yes, was this lady also in Düsseldorf? [www.youtube.com]

And during Pinkpop, where Keith is saying, are you talking to me? [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 3, 2014 23:00

Lord of Dartford
Folke...

[www.expressen.se]

This Swedish lady isn't yet born, as it was me. Different fans round me can confirm this. Oh yes, was this lady also in Düsseldorf? [www.youtube.com]

And during Pinkpop, where Keith is saying, are you talking to me? [www.youtube.com]

It was NOT a female admirer, it was a Male admirer.
jeroen

Posted by: folke ()
Date: July 3, 2014 23:18

Lord of Dartford

I have no doubt it was you. The Swedish reporter just took for granted that Keith was responding to a female fan. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 23:22 by folke.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 4, 2014 02:10

Cristiano Radtke
Topi

smileys with beer

Looking sharp! A scarf is essential Stones attire.
And the copy of Still Life is a nice touch.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 4, 2014 07:09

That's what Jagger signed. Even if I was told he is hesitant to sign Stones stuff. My other option was Goats Head Soup. Tried to get Taylor sign that but he wouldn't bite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 07:11 by Topi.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 4, 2014 12:06

JumpinJeppeFlash
I had the pleasure of going backstage & onstage in Stockholm:-)

Will never forget standing next to Charlies drums and looking out of the audience, fantastic! And the show was great to!

Fantastic ! So pleased for you. thumbs up >grinning smiley< thumbs up

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: July 4, 2014 15:28

Stoneage
Expressen has a small article about some real Rolling Stones fans. Among others Ove Tingvall and Jan Richards.
[www.expressen.se]

Yeah, Expressen thought it was cool that we had travelled all the way from Finland to see the Stones in Stockholm so they wanted to talk to me and Juha. I am the one to the right and Juha to the left on the picture.

This was my only gig on the tour, too much to do and hard to get days off from work. The “Hyde Park Experience” from last year had also left an extremely bad vibe, all the ticket hassle and all BS that was going on in London. I had basically decided that last years HP gig would be my very last one. I’d rather put my money on Decca vinyl’s than on live gigs. Well, Stockholm is only an hour flight away from my home, so we decided to go anyhow. My wife and 12 year old daughter was with me at the gig.
We had a Stonesvikings Preparty and out of the 21 members in Stonesvikings, 21 were on location. Good to see all the guys again on the same location.
Enjoyed the gig a lot, one of the better ones I’ve seen. I attend gigs with a different approach than most here on the forum. I do not go to gigs to analyze the licks. I go to gigs just to be entertained by the greatest rock band of all time and to hear the greatest rock songs of all time live by the band that originally made them. Boy was I entertained in Stockholm on Tuesday, just loved it. So did my daughter and wife as well. Ok, my wife had a bit to say, mostly because she is a big Bon Jovi fan and she has now seen BJ AND Stones six times live, she needs to get more BJ gigs now to keep her band on top of things.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:14

"Have a good one" said JanRichards, quoting who knows whocool smiley, to me by the time all of us started to head into the arena... The preparty was excellent, I talked to Jan and to some other StonesVikings, the cover band set the mood for the evening, a nice lunch and good beer... Thanks Vikings!

And yeah, I, and I guess tens of thousands others did had "good one" indeed in Tele2. Some hassle with 'lucky dips' and an hour inside the rain waiting outside the gate didn't do any harm. I got lucky enough, seat on A area, sixth row, Keith's side. If it had to be a seated place, can't think any better spot. A new experience for me to view the show from that perspective. Being seated, not so much involvement, but a chance to reflect the show from a 'larger' point of view, just by sitting (but not the whole time!) and seeing what's going on. The sound was very good - very loud Keith's guitar sometimes, but that's never too loud for me... I think the stage aspects - what they do with lights, smoke etc. - are the best in any modern era tour. Serving the songs greatly, done with a good taste, not too much gimmicks. The screens follow the act closely when one's eyes are not able to do that. I especiallly thank the big screens for providing all of us a chance to witness what Michael Philip Jagger did that night.

Namely, I was totally blown by Jagger. The best performance from him I've ever seen. Last year when I catched him at Hyde Park, it was a normal 'modern day' Jagger act, which didn't move me artistically nearly at all. But now there was a Jagger I've never seen with my own eyes (starting in 1995). His presence was huge one; it was not just a pro man of his constant routines and incredible physique, but a real performing artist making every song almost like a statement. There was so much passion, drive and focus. Especially this holds true in the first half of the show, before the more routine hit triumph. Altogether I didn't expect that at all, so experiencing that was... well.. I'm simply out of words.... Maybe it is an over-statement to say that they really were Mick Jagger and His Rolling Stones, but the point is that the guy was driving the band and show with a manner I never seen. But the thing is that the band provided a perfect means for him to do that, backing him up exactly as was needed. A cohesive unit.

That will do now. Further reflections later.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 18:18 by Doxa.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:58

andrewt
Cristiano Radtke
Topi

smileys with beer

Looking sharp! A scarf is essential Stones attire.
And the copy of Still Life is a nice touch.

Cool Topi... or is this a young Andrew Oldham on the picture???

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: July 4, 2014 19:06

I'll bet Östgötakällaren is a hard one to pronounce for non Swedish speakers!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 4, 2014 22:21

While I still recall anything, some fragmentaric remarks about the concert.

- strong version of "Flash" - it was a sign that the band is in form tonight.
-"You Got Me Rocking" was surprisingly good. I recall it working well in the past, but not sounding this damn good ever.
- Jagger's vocal performance of "Angie" was beyond incredible. Just mind-blowing interpretation, making each line meaningful by his expression.
- "Out of Control" was the highlight for me, Jagger simply topping himself; his interplay with Keith, face to face, was heart-warming.
- "Rambler" sounded longer than normal. It was Taylor who seemed like to hint 'okay, what about moving to next part', but Jagger wanted to continue the jam. Which seemed to be perfectly okay for Taylor...grinning smiley
- Keith's numbers were charmingly sloppy as hell... but who can resist that charm.. So human, so human...
- Keith altogether was charmingly uneven... his solos were surprisingly good especially in the beginning, but he seemed to struggle in later part of the show. Odd difficulties in doing his basic signature stuff in "Start Me Up" and "Brown Sugar". In the latter number, Jagger seemed to notice that as well, and made fun of it by singing something nonsense over Keith's riff, and smiling to him.
- Keith was literally absent during the beginning of "Miss You", and the song sounded thin until he emerged
- Jagger still should train a bit his Swedish...
- I liked Lisa's vocals in "Shelter"
- altogether I think the whole show is structured beautifully. The song sequence is dramatically great, and it contains some wonderful musical moments, such as the long instrumental parts in "Out of Control", "Rambler" and "Miss You", giving space for individual players to shine.
- probably the best setlist by any band ever

- a great show! If this turns out to be my last one, it leaves me a great memory of the band as a live act

- Doxa

P.S. I missed the opening acts, since I was preparing myself at the bar. Makes me wonder how on earth the Swedes love so much that lame and worst possible Finnish beer...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 22:25 by Doxa.

Date: July 4, 2014 22:36

Keith was absent for the start on Miss You at Roskilde as well. A fag break? winking smiley

Date: July 4, 2014 22:53

Doxa
Makes me wonder how on earth the Swedes love so much that lame and worst possible Finnish beer

Lapin Kulta? Seems to that every pub has their own deal with assorted breweries.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 4, 2014 23:08

just got home, shattered but extremely happy!

review coming in the next view days but I've finished the video, in the second part I talk about the entire tour route I had and you can click the video snippets for each video.

hope you enjoy it, for me it's all been absolutely fantastic!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: July 5, 2014 00:02

Nice tour video, zgubi! You have really seen the world following the Rolling Stones. Your father isn't a banker by the way? Just kidding...

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 5, 2014 01:10

Stoneage
Nice tour video, zgubi! You have really seen the world following the Rolling Stones. Your father isn't a banker by the way? Just kidding...

hehe... I get that a lot lately but no, in fact I've done it all on a Romanian wage which is considerably lower than most European countries, however I've learned that if you really want something... anything is possible.

+ got discount flights to Australia (from Abu Dhabi only which explains why I got there), ticket refunds, work arounds, low costs, hostels, staying with friends, lucky dips, train rides, 8h buses, lots of planning ...I'll write about all that sometime in the future winking smiley

but anyway the point is... if I could do it, anyone can; things tend to fall into place on their own once you're set on making dreams happen thumbs up

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: July 5, 2014 01:56

Right attitude, zgubi. We only live once...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 5, 2014 06:33

Stoneage
Apparently this guy, Harry Styles, saw the concert in Stockholm and visited Sir Michael at Grand Hotel after the gig. Harry Styles, the new Mick Jagger?
Who knows...

I'm sure I saw this guy in the lobby of the Grand Hotel. I still don't know who he is. Will have to google the guy.

Date: July 5, 2014 07:41

Stoneage
I'll bet Östgötakällaren is a hard one to pronounce for non Swedish speakers!
...I'm not even gonna try reading it!

Date: July 5, 2014 07:43

Doxa
While I still recall anything, some fragmentaric remarks about the concert.

- strong version of "Flash" - it was a sign that the band is in form tonight.
-"You Got Me Rocking" was surprisingly good. I recall it working well in the past, but not sounding this damn good ever.
- Jagger's vocal performance of "Angie" was beyond incredible. Just mind-blowing interpretation, making each line meaningful by his expression.
- "Out of Control" was the highlight for me, Jagger simply topping himself; his interplay with Keith, face to face, was heart-warming.
- "Rambler" sounded longer than normal. It was Taylor who seemed like to hint 'okay, what about moving to next part', but Jagger wanted to continue the jam. Which seemed to be perfectly okay for Taylor...grinning smiley
- Keith's numbers were charmingly sloppy as hell... but who can resist that charm.. So human, so human...
- Keith altogether was charmingly uneven... his solos were surprisingly good especially in the beginning, but he seemed to struggle in later part of the show. Odd difficulties in doing his basic signature stuff in "Start Me Up" and "Brown Sugar". In the latter number, Jagger seemed to notice that as well, and made fun of it by singing something nonsense over Keith's riff, and smiling to him.
- Keith was literally absent during the beginning of "Miss You", and the song sounded thin until he emerged
- Jagger still should train a bit his Swedish...
- I liked Lisa's vocals in "Shelter"
- altogether I think the whole show is structured beautifully. The song sequence is dramatically great, and it contains some wonderful musical moments, such as the long instrumental parts in "Out of Control", "Rambler" and "Miss You", giving space for individual players to shine.
- probably the best setlist by any band ever

- a great show! If this turns out to be my last one, it leaves me a great memory of the band as a live act

- Doxa

P.S. I missed the opening acts, since I was preparing myself at the bar. Makes me wonder how on earth the Swedes love so much that lame and worst possible Finnish beer...
For me, 'Miss You' has sounded thin since they added the keyboard!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home