Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Stockholm Sweden 1 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 2, 2014 16:27

anyone still in town?

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 2, 2014 16:29

Nope

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 2, 2014 16:46

fahthree
keefed
EasterMan
Really good sound this time and Keith was in excellent form.

Quick song per song rewiev:

Jumping Jack Flash 4/5 - Very sharp version, reminded me of the 1999 No Security tour opening in their way of playing it.
It's Only Rock N Roll 1/5 - This song needs to be played faster!!! This is just so boring!
You Got Me Rocking 4/5 - I thought it was great but the crowd was not into it at all.
Tumbling Dice 4/5 - Keith kept ''riding the riff'' for the whole song.
Angie 3/5 Sounded beautiful, but I'm simply somewhat tired of hearing this song.
Doom And Gloom 2/5 - Studio version is good, but this ''new'' song still stinks played live two years after live premiere!
All Down The Line 2/5 - Sounded rusty, too slow and not very tight.
Out Of Control 4/5 - Could be even better if Mick sang the chorus with more grit in his voice and the backing singers shut their mouths.
Honky Tonk Women 4/5 Flawless solo by Keith and overall very powerful sounding redention.
You Got The Silver 3.5/5 - Not as good as it was in 2007 but I still enjoy Ronnie's slide playing alot.
Can't Be Seen 4/5 - Keith did not mess it up this time even though he forgot a few words inte first verse. Great song in any version!
Midnight Rambler 4/5 - Always a great song live these days, unusually sharp soloing by Taylor.
Miss You 2/5 - Both Keith and Ronnie stopped playing at one point and started runing pretty fast.
Gimme Shelter 3/5 - Works just fine, Lisa needs to be omitted from this song and be replaced by Mick Taylor.
Start Me Up 3.5/5 Crowd was really into it. The backing vocals during the chorus is annoying.
Sympathy For The Devil 4/5 Fantastic singing by Mick and a decent solo by Keith. However they need to rework this song live to make it more intersting.
Brown Sugar 4/5 Started of a bit flat (no intro mess up by Keith) but quickly took of and got the crowd going!
You Can't Always Get What Want 3/5 - The choir is unnecessary, a little bit of a ''autopilot'' feel to the performance of this song tonight.
Satisfaction 3/5 - I only like the 1965 and 1997-98 versions of this song, And that's not gonna change! Keith did a terrific solo and later he wanted to restart the song by playing the intro again but Charlie quicly did the final cymbal splash instead. No big loss.

Funny, or sad, that there was not one song classified 5/5. What makes you rate something 5 anyway? Listen to Bon Jovi.
"Choir is unnecessary", "Lisa replaced by Mick T." - OMG.

It's always been said on here that the only people who can really comment are those that were there.

Maybe we should just replace Lisa with Lisa from previous tours who actually sang well on this song and not the second rate Patti LaBelle impersonation we're getting this time around.

I liked Lisa very much in the show (and I was there)... She seemed to be having a lot of fun and it's great that there can be a little variety in the Stones show...

I just hope she would be that slimmer version of her she used to be but otherwise I'm not complaining... smiling smiley

Also the audience seemed to like her very much.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 2, 2014 18:05

Was this one posted yet? Even if it has been, it deserves a repeat. From Keith's facebook page, it's absolutely adorable...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 2, 2014 18:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 19:01 by BowieStone.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:10

Yes it is.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:11

Agree, one of the better MR performances since they started .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:37

Jagger signed my Still Life cd cover when they left!

Right afterwards it started to rain like crazy

I just made it to my flight thanks to sharing a cab with latvianinexile

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:53

Brstonesfan

I finally got around to watching the Werchter one. I quit watching most of them, because the better MT plays, the more depressing it is that they can't find a place for him anywhere else in the set.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: July 2, 2014 21:16

StonesCat
Brstonesfan

I finally got around to watching the Werchter one. I quit watching most of them, because the better MT plays, the more depressing it is that they can't find a place for him anywhere else in the set.

I feel you on that one. I keep hoping every show he may play on the so called warhorses" and spice them up a bit. I can't understand the acoustic on Satisfaction either. I am glad he gets to shine on Midnight Rambler, the time of that song is equivalent to 2 songs tho'.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2014 21:35

Plink
Thanks to all who posted photos, videos, and took the time to write about your experiences at the show. I've thoroughly enjoyed it all smiling smiley

Manofwealthandtaste
...At the end of You Got The Silver, Ronnie had is arm around him and Keith said, in his own inimitable fashion, "I love you too Ronnie, but I haven't got the time right now"!...

Hilarious! Cant wait to see a youtube clip of that moment (nothing up right now - just checked)

Here it is:

Midnight Rambler 7.1.14
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 18:47

I really liked MJ nudging MT to the front of the stage. At first, I thought the conspiracy theory was MJ didn't want MT on more songs because he takes over on them, but now I think it may be MT is content with his Midnight Rambler and acoustic on Satisfaction. While most of us would love for him to play on more than 2 tracks, it is what it is and after 18 months, we have to move on and accept what we get. Great job on this extended track.

All Down The Line - Sweden
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:37

How can the Stones play an exile classic like All Down the Line, have Mick Taylor waiting in the wings and NOT bring him out for the tune. I'm just freaking dumbfounded trying to understand Mick/Keith's rationale??? Somebody has to bring this to their attention. By the way, have we decided to stop playing Sway and Can't You Hear me knocking???

Re: All Down The Line - Sweden
Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 2, 2014 19:39

I was not there but agree with you. That gets me and others here into trouble.

Date: July 2, 2014 20:16

Mercifully, they have at least worked Emotional Rescue out of the setlist. I feel the same way about Street Fighting Man and Mick Taylor as I do about All down the Line. I mean if it was Ya-Ya's, Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head and IORR why not utilize MT??

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:20

I hate to say it but I don't think Taylor could've helped this version. It might be the slowest and most uninspired version I have ever seen. I am sure that folks who attended will tell me how wrong I am, and that it was fun in person, but this is the first time I have been genuinely bored by All Down The Line. One of my favorites. Just way too slow here.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:22

I think the band is in KISS mode (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Play the same songs virtually every night, not risk technical difficulties, not risking what might happen with forgetting lyrics/chords/cues/etc.

At this point they are an nostalgic party band...a comfortable old sweater instead of a leather jacket. But judging from the crowds and what people are spending, people will pay for it

If the masses buy it,.....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:26

Because Jagger doesn't want people to say "they need Taylor to make this song sound good". That'd be a complete rebuttal of the entire Ron Wood years which is 37 years of the band's life, mind you.

jagger doesn't want this to happen. So MT has and will have a fold-up seat in the band.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:43

flacnvinyl

I hate to say it but I don't think Taylor could've helped this version. It might be the slowest and most uninspired version I have ever seen. I am sure that folks who attended will tell me how wrong I am, and that it was fun in person, but this is the first time I have been genuinely bored by All Down The Line. One of my favorites. Just way too slow here.

Agree.
Slow. Uninspired. Poor solo.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 2, 2014 20:44

I rather feel that people will say something like "Taylor makes a good song better". No slight on Woodie but in all fairness, Woodie wasn't there when they made this song. Similarly, it would'nt be fair to Woodie to have MT play on Miss You, Imagination, Start Me Up, Some Girls, etc.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:47

ronkeith72
I rather feel that people will say something like "Taylor makes a good song better". No slight on Woodie but in all fairness, Woodie wasn't there when they made this song. Similarly, it would'nt be fair to Woodie to have MT play on Miss You, Imagination, Start Me Up, Some Girls, etc.

Totally agree. I don't want to hear Taylor on "Whip Comes Down", but after 39 years I STILL don't want to hear Wood on "Tumbling Dice".

Date: July 2, 2014 20:47

flacnvinyl

I wasn't there but,I have a VERY difficult time believing that this is what it sounded like live in the venue.

Crap recording equipment .... probably a cellular phone. You can't hear anything clearly except for the vocals.

I do believe that with GOOD recordings that you can judge (for the most part) a concert without actually being there. I believe that it is especially true if you have witnessed several recent concerts AND have access to a quality recording.

I don't believe that "jack of all trades / master of none" sweat shop manufactured smart phones paint an accurate picture,however .... especially maybe not in this case.

I am not saying that the performance of "All Down the Line" was good or bad .... just that you can't totally tell for sure from that recorded evidence.

Date: July 2, 2014 21:07

Exactly my point, no slight on Woodie, but facts are facts!!!

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: July 2, 2014 21:36

"I wasn't there but,I have a VERY difficult time believing that this is what it sounded like live in the venue."

I was in the Golden Circle and ADTL was one of the highlights for me. Slow, sure, but very forceful.

Posted by: Still A Fool ()
Date: July 2, 2014 21:53

He's even more sorely missed on Gimme Shelter on which he kills, and they play that every show. Ronnie does a decent enough job on ADTL but couldn't touch the blistering leads Taylor laid down on Shelter. I feel sorry that Europe was deprived of any CYHMN. Hasn't even been in a fan vote. Shame.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:14

Winning Ugly VXII
flacnvinyl

I wasn't there but,I have a VERY difficult time believing that this is what it sounded like live in the venue.

Crap recording equipment .... probably a cellular phone. You can't hear anything clearly except for the vocals.

I do believe that with GOOD recordings that you can judge (for the most part) a concert without actually being there. I believe that it is especially true if you have witnessed several recent concerts AND have access to a quality recording.

I don't believe that "jack of all trades / master of none" sweat shop manufactured smart phones paint an accurate picture,however .... especially maybe not in this case.

I am not saying that the performance of "All Down the Line" was good or bad .... just that you can't totally tell for sure from that recorded evidence.

All down the line sounded just as bad in the venue as in the video. I was hoping that would play this song but when they played it... I was very dissapointed. The absolute lowlight of the show for me.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:15

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:17

Simply played too slow like most of their songs that require a guitar driven, faster pace.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:18

Loved the gig..I walked in 15 minutes before show start...and lots of space in the pit...thumbs up

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:27

Some of mine... what a great gig last night! Specially Midnight Rambler was awesome!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home