Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: Stockholm Sweden 1 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:05

Tele2 Arena is typical for a closed-roof modern football stadium. Sound is not that great because of all the echo, and the atmosphere is not as good as it is at typical open air stadiums. That was the only negative, as the band put on one of their better stadium shows. Keith and Ronnie weren't that animated (not as many leg kicks and trips up the ramps), but they played quite well overall. A solid performance by 14 On Fire standards, and the crowd seemed to love it. The two people who attended the show with me were seeing their first Stones show, and their reaction was "best show I've seen in my life".

Posted by: Dolf ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:08

I flew in today from amsterdAm. Just tot Back from Tele2 arena. What a show, the band played really tight! A very high energie type of show. No big surprises in the setlist unfortunately. They really rocked! Sound was great! Much beter than in dusseldorf. Ronnie played Some great licks on ycagwyw, Keith played really tight! Midnight rambler really bles my brains out, killer version! Also out of controle and gimme shelter rocked! Hopende Stones will do Some more shows in us and europe next year. This was my final show of this european tour. Saw them three times now. This show was imho the best!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:09

This show was the absolute penultimate!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:09

Thanks for your honest opinion, Dr Bryant (and others..).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 02:11 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:11

drbryant
The two people who attended the show with me were seeing their first Stones show, and their reaction was "best show I've seen in my life".

There was a friend of mine with me in Lisbon and it was her first concert, too. She told me the same, and we can imagine that because a lot of us already had our first time in a Stones concert. Everybody can complain about the setlist, but everyone of us know it will gonna be a kickass concert, regardless of the setlist. winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:14

I thought tonight was a good ending to my 4 On Fire Tour. Not quite as good as Paris and Berlin but right up there. They've still got it. Glad I was able to go to four shows. Much more than what I hoped for after Hyde Park!

I experienced no sound issues other than the catwalk monitor blasting out when Keef, Ronnie or Lisa came out.

Rolling Stones - Stockholm, Sweden 1 July 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:15

Swedish press just can't get enough Stones. Post-show photos from Expressen:

Stefan Söderström

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:21

These European shows have been much more exciting than the ones here in the USA.
Larger , more energy. and younger audiences. Only negative is complete non use of MT ( he was used sparingly here, but at least a few shows were incredible with him) and the set list for Europe even more ZZZZZZZthan ours. No one wants to here Keith play CBSWY or here YGMR every show. On the other hand, Keith's playing was better and they seemed happier. Perhaps MJ and KR rekindled some type of relationship after the tragedy of L' Wrens death.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:24

Love your pics, Cristiano!

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: Rolling Stones - Stockholm, Sweden 1 July 2014
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:26

I'm back in my hotel room.

What a show! For me it was the best show of the tour. Better than the 5 other shows I did during the 14 & Fire Tour.

What was the highlight? The show! Not a song in particular but all the show!!! The sound was perfect. The crowd was a little bit too calm I think (compared to other shows)

Now I'll have to wait for the show in Brisbane and of course South America.

Thank you the Stones, you make me so happy!

Benjamin.

Date: July 2, 2014 02:45

A great review in Expressen. 4 wasps out of 5. Song by song review here:
[www.expressen.se]

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:49

Some of my pics in my FB album. Sorry, it's late and no time for photobucket or similar:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 2, 2014 02:50

And 4 out of 5 plus signs in Aftonbladet. A song by song review here:
[www.aftonbladet.se]

Date: July 2, 2014 03:02

angee
Love your pics, Cristiano!

Thanks, angee. It's always fun to have a Stones concert going on and to post some twitter pics here. smileys with beer

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 03:06

Really good sound this time and Keith was in excellent form.

Quick song per song rewiev:

Jumping Jack Flash 4/5 - Very sharp version, reminded me of the 1999 No Security tour opening in their way of playing it.
It's Only Rock N Roll 1/5 - This song needs to be played faster!!! This is just so boring!
You Got Me Rocking 4/5 - I thought it was great but the crowd was not into it at all.
Tumbling Dice 4/5 - Keith kept ''riding the riff'' for the whole song.
Angie 3/5 Sounded beautiful, but I'm simply somewhat tired of hearing this song.
Doom And Gloom 2/5 - Studio version is good, but this ''new'' song still stinks played live two years after live premiere!
All Down The Line 2/5 - Sounded rusty, too slow and not very tight.
Out Of Control 4/5 - Could be even better if Mick sang the chorus with more grit in his voice and the backing singers shut their mouths.
Honky Tonk Women 4/5 Flawless solo by Keith and overall very powerful sounding redention.
You Got The Silver 3.5/5 - Not as good as it was in 2007 but I still enjoy Ronnie's slide playing alot.
Can't Be Seen 4/5 - Keith did not mess it up this time even though he forgot a few words inte first verse. Great song in any version!
Midnight Rambler 4/5 - Always a great song live these days, unusually sharp soloing by Taylor.
Miss You 2/5 - Both Keith and Ronnie stopped playing at one point and started runing pretty fast.
Gimme Shelter 3/5 - Works just fine, Lisa needs to be omitted from this song and be replaced by Mick Taylor.
Start Me Up 3.5/5 Crowd was really into it. The backing vocals during the chorus is annoying.
Sympathy For The Devil 4/5 Fantastic singing by Mick and a decent solo by Keith. However they need to rework this song live to make it more intersting.
Brown Sugar 4/5 Started of a bit flat (no intro mess up by Keith) but quickly took of and got the crowd going!
You Can't Always Get What Want 3/5 - The choir is unnecessary, a little bit of a ''autopilot'' feel to the performance of this song tonight.
Satisfaction 3/5 - I only like the 1965 and 1997-98 versions of this song, And that's not gonna change! Keith did a terrific solo and later he wanted to restart the song by playing the intro again but Charlie quicly did the final cymbal splash instead. No big loss.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 03:28 by EasterMan.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 2, 2014 03:25

Back at my hotel after a LONG day (flying in from Boston) - but well worth it. I thought it was a great show. Managed with my Gold circle to get about 4 people back, Ronnie's side. Tremendous. I won't say it was the best of the now 31 RS shows I've seen over the years - but I will say I think it was Jagger's best performance I've ever seen. He was simply incredible tonight. I mean - he always is, but he has again risen to another level IMO. Just amazing to watch. I even lucked out and saw him leave the grand Hotel earlier in the day (along with about 100 other people - MJ did sign a couple things very quickly). Anyway - set list issues aside (I'm just SO glad not to have gotten GOMC - and All Down the Line was excellent), I thought it was a superb show.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 2, 2014 03:26

EasterMan

Jumping Jack Flash 4/5 - Very sharp version, reminded me of the 1999 No Security tour opening in their way of playing it.
It's Only Rock N Roll 1/5 - This song needs to be played faster!!! This is just so boring!
You Got Me Rocking 4/5 - I thought it was great but the crowd was not into it at all.
Angie 3/5 Sounded beautiful, but I'm simply somewhat tired of hearing this song.
Doom And Gloom 2/5 - Studio version is good, but this ''new'' song still stinks played live two years after live premiere!
Out Of Control 3/5 - Could be fantastic if Mick sang the chorus with more grit in his voice and the backing singers shut their mouths.
Honky Tonk Women 4/5 Flawless solo by Keith and overall very powerful sounding redention.
You Got The Silver 3.5/5 - Not as good as it was in 2007 but I still enjoy Ronnie's slide playing alot.
Can't Be Seen 4/5 - Keith did not mess it up this time even though he forgot a few words inte first verse. Great song in any version!
Midnight Rambler 4/5 - Good as always, sharp soloing by Taylor.
Miss You 2/5 - Both Keith and Ronnie stopped playing at one point and started runing pretty fast.
Gimme Shelter 3/5 - Works just fine, but Lisa needs to be omitted from this song and be replaced by Mick Taylor.
Start Me Up 4/5 Crowd was really into it. The backing vocals during the chorus is annoying.
Sympathy For The Devil 4/5 Fantastic singing by Mick and a decent solo by Keith. However they need to rework this song live to make it more intersting.
Brown Sugar 4/5 Started of a bit flat (no intro mess up by Keith) but quickly took of and got the crowd going!
You Can't Always Get What Want 3/5 - The choir is unnecessary, a little bit of a ''autopilot'' feel to the performance of this song tonight.
Satisfaction 3/5 - I only like the 1965 and 1997-98 versions of this song, And that's not gonna change! Keith did a terrific solo and later he wanted to restart the song by playing the intro again but Charlie quicly did the final cymbal splash instead. No big loss.

Nice song breakdown EasterMan, but I'm not so sure Mick T. could hit the high notes. grinning smiley

Some beautiful pics on this thread, thanks everyone!

Date: July 2, 2014 03:34

All Down The Line:

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 2, 2014 04:17

All Down The Line:--- Nice to hear them laid back. Of course they are tired but here's proof that 1000% all the time can be boring.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 2, 2014 04:23

Anyone think they will pull out a surprise or two for the last show?

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: July 2, 2014 04:51

dcba
fahthree
glimmerkkp
Definitely no Silver Train in Europe

They'll never play it again. At least it did get an airing earlier this year.

... and it was rather messy so I guess Jagger nixed it.

You forgot to delete this one BV - no need to thank me for helping you clean up the thread.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 2, 2014 05:34

JohnnyBGoode

There definitely may be a couple of surprises. Or not.

Glad everyone had fun at the show. So wish I could have spent the summer in Europe with y'all.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 06:42

MR

Posted by: erad ()
Date: July 2, 2014 07:35

JohnnyBGoode
Judging from the last show of the US tour last year I wouldn't get your hopes up I'm afraid. sad smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 2, 2014 09:29

JohnnyBGoode

No. It's like the last day of school before summer vacation. Mick and Keith are already in the Caribbean, in their heads, and Charlie is playing with his horsies.

Good analysis, @Easterman.

European tour 2014: No Paint it black???
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 2, 2014 09:16

Only Tel Aviv so far, they seem to have dropped the song from the set list, what do you think, is it too depressing song for Mick according to circumstances?

Or do you think it just didn't work well enough on previous legs of the tour?

Instead they seem to play Out of Control which was great in Stockholm yesterday, I was there, Mick was VERY STRONG and he moved SO FAST, so hard to understand he is 70 years old, how can it be?

And the whole band was also really good, I liked also Lisa very much and they all seemed to be in great spirits and also physically in very good shape. They could have easily played 2-3 more songs if they really would like to have done that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 11:38 by rollingon.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: July 2, 2014 09:43

They don't summer in the Caribbean. Too hot, plus hurricanes.

Date: July 2, 2014 09:50

Quote of the night has to go to Keith. At the end of You Got The Silver, Ronnie had is arm around him and Keith said, in his own inimitable fashion, "I love you too Ronnie, but I haven't got the time right now"!
A sublime show and a great night. 14 On Fire......the Tour has certainly lived up to its name.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 2, 2014 11:05

Thanks to all who posted photos, videos, and took the time to write about your experiences at the show. I've thoroughly enjoyed it all smiling smiley

Manofwealthandtaste
...At the end of You Got The Silver, Ronnie had is arm around him and Keith said, in his own inimitable fashion, "I love you too Ronnie, but I haven't got the time right now"!...

Hilarious! Cant wait to see a youtube clip of that moment (nothing up right now - just checked)

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: July 2, 2014 11:06

EasterMan

Out Of Control 4/5 - Could be even better if Mick sang the chorus with more grit in his voice and the backing singers shut their mouths.
Midnight Rambler 4/5 - Always a great song live these days, unusually sharp soloing by Taylor.
Gimme Shelter 3/5 - Works just fine, Lisa needs to be omitted from this song and be replaced by Mick Taylor.
Start Me Up 3.5/5 Crowd was really into it. The backing vocals during the chorus is annoying.

Funny, or sad, that there was not one song classified 5/5. What makes you rate something 5 anyway? Listen to Bon Jovi.
"Choir is unnecessary", "Lisa replaced by Mick T." - OMG.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home