Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Danny Baker's Musical History Tour (with Bill Wyman)
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 30, 2014 12:10

London's Tin Pan Alley: Danny Baker's Musical History Tour

Danny Baker offers a colourful guide to the pivotal role Denmark Street aka Tin Pan Alley has played in guitar music history - from the advent of rock 'n' roll in the 50s through to present day.

Behind almost every door in this iconic London street, Danny discovers an amazing story - as told by the many well-known musicians he bumps into on his journey including former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman and ex-Sex Pistol Glen Matlock who take us on unique tours of their old haunts.

Mon 7 Jul 2014
22:00
BBC Radio 2

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Bill Wyman gives Danny Baker a tour of where The Rolling Stones recorded their debut album
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 8, 2014 00:58

Re: Bill Wyman gives Danny Baker a tour of where The Rolling Stones recorded their debut album
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:06

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Re: Bill Wyman gives Danny Baker a tour of where The Rolling Stones recorded their debut album
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:20

WAY COOL ...... Fanks BowieStone

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:21

Nice indeed....maybe they should consider to record their new record there.....2 tracks only

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-08 01:22 by NICOS.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:28

That's Regent Sounds on Denmark Street, just in case any of you out of towners didn't know.

Always make sure I breathe in deeply whenever I'm in there smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:32

Funny how Bill remembers dates and months and how Mick not even remembers which songs were on which album from that time.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:52

Stoneage
Funny how Bill remembers dates and months and how Mick not even remembers which songs were on which album from that time.

I think Mick just made this up...looks more interesting....I guess

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: July 8, 2014 02:10

Very cool...Thanx for posting

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 8, 2014 02:59

Roll73
That's Regent Sounds on Denmark Street, just in case any of you out of towners didn't know.

What is the name of the music shop now?

Sorry for the blurry pic.

Edit:
Is it still called Regent Sounds?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-08 03:01 by MingSubu.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 8, 2014 03:11

Forgot to say thanks to Bowiestone for posting this.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2014 03:41

MingSubu
Roll73

What is the name of the music shop now?

Edit:
Is it still called Regent Sounds?

The owner maitained the name of the studio. [regentsounds.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-08 08:18 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 8, 2014 06:12

Short and very sweet, thanks much BowieStone. smiling smiley

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 8, 2014 08:12

I could have sworn that I'd read somewhere that the studio was in the basement (which makes more sense actually). So although Bill is obviously right about the address in Denmark Street, is he right about that.

Perhaps PHELGE (come in Phelge, your fans need you) can remember as he has an especial bond with Denmark St.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: OT- Danny Baker's Musical History Tour (with Bill Wyman)
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 9, 2014 11:14

Having a listen now, thanks.

VIDEO: Bill Wyman gives Danny Baker a tour of where The Rolling Stones recorded their debut album
Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: July 11, 2014 20:34

VIDEO: Bill Wyman gives Danny Baker a tour of where The Rolling Stones recorded their debut album

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: VIDEO: Bill Wyman gives Danny Baker a tour of where The Rolling Stones recorded their debut album
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 11, 2014 23:20

That's very nice. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: OT- Danny Baker's Musical History Tour (with Bill Wyman)
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 12, 2014 00:11

Yes, thanks, BowieStone, and Lien for the heads-up!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home