Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: Werchter Belgium 28 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 29, 2014 04:23

I see so many posts, in various other show threads, suggesting that the vote is rigged or predetermined. It is typically met with a wink and a nod or a rolling of the eyes. Sometimes sarcasm and maybe a complaint or two. Tonight the vote song was dropped and now there's outrage about the voters not being given their due. I don't remember seeing this outrage before. Maybe outrage is the wrong word. As I see it, at the last moment, they decided to omit a feature of their show and insert a song they rarely play in tribute to a friend who had just passed away. And people complain. eye rolling smiley

Plus, weren't they on a time limit? What was their allotment and what did they play?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 29, 2014 04:35

Milan

let's hope there's more to come from that source.

Indeed. Everyone of us on this board (me, included) are expecting to hear It's All Over Now. winking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 29, 2014 04:39

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 29, 2014 04:45

In responding to the poster above who said the crowd seemed "cool", to put it nicely, I was struck by the same impression just from seeing the crowd photos in this thread. I haven't seen any live clips yet, but on one of the previous pages when there are photos from the crowd looking toward the stage and you see the backs of audience members' heads you get the impression that they are just standing there, as though a cast of extras from a zombie movie, whereas in other recent concert threads when playing to a specifically Stones audience the crowd have their arms in the air and are pumping their fists.

I suspect this is the reason they start their set at these festival shows with Jack Flash, their loudest, most high powered number: to hook the crowd in right from the start, because in playing these festivals there's always the chance of not coming across with the same effect, because they will not be playing to an exclusively Stones audience.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 29, 2014 05:18

mr_dja
I see so many posts, in various other show threads, suggesting that the vote is rigged or predetermined. It is typically met with a wink and a nod or a rolling of the eyes. Sometimes sarcasm and maybe a complaint or two. Tonight the vote song was dropped and now there's outrage about the voters not being given their due. I don't remember seeing this outrage before. Maybe outrage is the wrong word. As I see it, at the last moment, they decided to omit a feature of their show and insert a song they rarely play in tribute to a friend who had just passed away. And people complain. eye rolling smiley

Plus, weren't they on a time limit? What was their allotment and what did they play?

I think it's linked to the larger question of why, a year ago, their sets averaged 22 songs and now they're 19. My guess is people are thinking "why not pay tribute to Bobby and do the 'fan' song"? My guess is in a festival setting, with all the variables, they did have time constraints. When there are numerous acts before you it's not like you can go on earlier and squeeze another one.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 29, 2014 05:28

@#$%& the whiners! I was there and it was great!

The Midnight Rambler in Werchter:

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 29, 2014 05:59

Just arrived home (I live in North of France).

Very good show but some negative points : the stage who was high like in Abu Dhabi, and the sound which was absolutly awful!!! I was Keith side, at the corner, normally the best spot. I don't know if the people behind heard a good sound...

But the Stones were excellent. Keith was great! The rain was nice. Mick was "playing" with the rain during Midnight.

The highlight was again Out of Control! It's all over now was a very nice surprise. Midnight was outstanding again...

Personaly not the best show of the tour at all but still absolutly great!

I'm gonna sleep and then post very nice pictures.

Benjamin.

Posted by: deadtothecore ()
Date: June 29, 2014 06:05

^^^^^^ chris great shot^^^^^^, glad you had a gas!!!whiners stfu, this bands been playin 50 years ,,any show they do is a treat!long live the queen,,,er uh,,!Sir Mick

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 29, 2014 06:07

What a lame crowd it was.
Guitars lower in the mix this time. Might have something to do with strict sound regulations. The other gigs were all louder.
Good show though. Loved Keiths solo in It's all Over Now.
Where are his @#$%& ups? Ok, the intro to TD maybe, but that was actually nothing. In Oslo he was strugglin a bit, but after that he played great (besides Berlin, he posed a bit too much there).

Stuck in the parking lot from 1.15 - 3.00. Couldn't move an inch. It's 5 am and I'm home. And I only live about 90km from Werchter.
Never been this late at home after a concert.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 29, 2014 07:08

stonehearted
In responding to the poster above who said the crowd seemed "cool", to put it nicely, I was struck by the same impression just from seeing the crowd photos in this thread. I haven't seen any live clips yet, but on one of the previous pages when there are photos from the crowd looking toward the stage and you see the backs of audience members' heads you get the impression that they are just standing there, as though a cast of extras from a zombie movie, whereas in other recent concert threads when playing to a specifically Stones audience the crowd have their arms in the air and are pumping their fists.

I suspect this is the reason they start their set at these festival shows with Jack Flash, their loudest, most high powered number: to hook the crowd in right from the start, because in playing these festivals there's always the chance of not coming across with the same effect, because they will not be playing to an exclusively Stones audience.

At one point the crowd was wild, next, well...
I didn't understand from the beginning. Tru' the intro they yelled their hearts out. Same with the first seconds of JJF. Then like the air out of a baloon... But sure they/we had a great time. D & G loved as with every crowd etc (when I get a bit bored(OK, said it)).
Strange crowd. And I am used to a boring crowd, like in Scandiland. lol.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 07:09 by TE.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 29, 2014 08:08

Another one...
Hey, 'Simple Minds' still got it!
The crowd enjoyed them and I was back in the 80's for an hour.
Well done Jim!
I remember they opened somewhere in Europe in 2006/7. Germany me think.

TE
Oslo

Date: June 29, 2014 08:27

I can say this about the set list :

At least they noticed that "Wild Horses" had not been performed there previously.

Or,more likely,it was just luck.

They didn't seem to notice in Austria.

Anyway,"Wild Horses" was a better choice for this concert than "Angie" or "Dead Flowers" would have been.

Otherwise,I wonder if they could not have spared an extra four and a half minutes for the fan vote song. Call it 7 minutes with the break between songs - to be generous. Or at least put "It's All Over Now" in the slot occupied by "Miss You" or something .

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 29, 2014 08:39

Winning Ugly VXII

Otherwise,I wonder if they could not have spared an extra four and a half minutes for the fan vote song. Call it 7 minutes with the break between songs - to be generous. Or at least put "It's All Over Now" in the slot occupied by "Miss You" or something .

The thing is that big open air shows are filled with casual Stones fans, or curious people. Unlike most people here, this majority of viewers love Miss You, SFTD and all the sing along songs or big hits.
Wild Horses isn't as well known as Angie so you were kinda lucky winking smiley
Being an open air festival, the concert schedule probably had to be respected so they might not have had time to play 1 more song...

And people from other venues woumd have been jalous if the belgian audience had more songs than the other smiling smiley

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 29, 2014 09:32

TE
Another one...
Hey, 'Simple Minds' still got it!
The crowd enjoyed them and I was back in the 80's for an hour.
Well done Jim!
I remember they opened somewhere in Europe in 2006/7. Germany me think.

TE
Oslo

Stuttgart 2006

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:04

Mick looks great in his stage clothes, but it stings a bit to see him wearing L'Wren's designs.

Re: Rolling Stones - Werchter Belgium, 28 June 2014
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:09

Just back from Belgium, awesome show, pity the stage was bit high.. but great show smiling smiley))) Some videos I made:

Doom and Gloom
It's All Over Now
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Miss You

Enjoy smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:35

About tbe crowd, well more about a couple of jerks, one crying ,homo, homo at Jagger and other one crying f*****g old man at Keith.

Felt really weird, 39 years of seeing them live and never experience something like this.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:40

Thank you Monono for great videos...tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:44

24FPS
Sorry, I try not to comment on these particular threads about particular concerts, because those people really seem excited about the particular concert they attended. But sometimes when I see these set in concrete setlists it does anger me. They don't listen to us. They don't care about us and what we want. And as long as they can get enough rubes to pay big bucks, they'll care even less. Hey, I know I'm whizzing up a rope, but there's so little time left with the band, and I hate to see it wasted this way. I guess I put the Stones on a higher pedestal than the other bands, and it's kind of sad to see them go out like this. I guess they already went out with A Bigger Bang.

You. Never. Have. Been, To. One. Single. Show. Of. This. Tour. You´re. Home. And.

Judging. By. Setlist. That´s. Sad. At least for you.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:47

That was one Keith's better solo's these days on "iTS all over now".

Pity the stage was so high!

Re: Rolling Stones - Werchter Belgium, 28 June 2014
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:53

MononoM
Just back from Belgium, awesome show, pity the stage was bit high.. but great show smiling smiley))) Some videos I made:

Doom and Gloom
It's All Over Now
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Miss You

Enjoy smiling smiley

Wow that stage height is crazy. Hopefully the stadium shows in Australia and NZ have a lower stage. I'd be peeved paying top $$ and not being able to see.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:57

And this is to all 19 songs drama-queens:

Technical problems evidently, as explained by Clapton's spokesman:

"Unfortunately last night we experienced a steadily worsening technical problem with the PA system that the band battled with throughout the show.

"But by the last song of the set it became unbearable on stage and Eric was unable to complete that number.

"During the encore break we were able to reset and the band finished as planned with the last number.

"The usual touring set length runs at 1hr 35 mins so in fact the full set was performed apart from the entirety of Cocaine which had to be curtailed.

As you can see: Clapton is ready with his show after 1.35 h!!
16 songs setlist incl. encrore. Last time played in Poland, ironically also on Sat., the Werchter night.
So stopppp your 19 songs-Drama with he Stones.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:57

Great but predictable concert..sound was bad in the Golden circle (at least where I was standing)...sometimes I thought Charlie was behind me ... nice to hear It's all over now... One to go for me...then it's (all) over

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 29, 2014 11:01

Pretty good solo from Keith on It's All Over now.

Date: June 29, 2014 11:01

TheBlockbuster
schwonek
Normally at this time we do a request song for people who vote online, but tonight we’re gonna change that…
Unfortunately our friend Bobby Womack we found out passed away today… so we’re going to play a song of his we used to play

IT’S ALL OVER NOW

And they can't play both the tribute and the voting song? Dull to make thousands vote and then let them down like that.

First, it's really nice, they played IAON. But I agree about the left out fan vote song. Was there again a time, when they had to be finished, for some legal reason or something? This would probably be the only excuse, I would accept, since I can't imagine ten minutes more on stage for one show would have harmed them (didn't they play slightly longer concerts in 2012?). If not, this shows, how little they care for the voting fans. It looks like this slot in the set list for them simply serves as that one variable, where they want to keep an option for a bigger song change, where they exchange songs of different styles and functions, unlike with the ballad slot and the second "fans during Stones history video" song. It doesn't matter for them, if this is filled with a fan vote or tribute song. Adding one more song and diverging from this set list pattern is perceived as out of question it seems. Could this be, because they choreographed the lightning to exactly match this pattern, so there is no possibility to add a song??? Or maybe Dead Flowers would have won (presumed this is actually a real vote) and Mick thought, this followed by IAON would have been too many unusual songs. eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 11:19 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: June 29, 2014 11:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 11:16 by Harm.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 29, 2014 11:13

caschimann
24FPS
Sorry, I try not to comment on these particular threads about particular concerts, because those people really seem excited about the particular concert they attended. But sometimes when I see these set in concrete setlists it does anger me. They don't listen to us. They don't care about us and what we want. And as long as they can get enough rubes to pay big bucks, they'll care even less. Hey, I know I'm whizzing up a rope, but there's so little time left with the band, and I hate to see it wasted this way. I guess I put the Stones on a higher pedestal than the other bands, and it's kind of sad to see them go out like this. I guess they already went out with A Bigger Bang.

You. Never. Have. Been, To. One. Single. Show. Of. This. Tour. You´re. Home. And.

Judging. By. Setlist. That´s. Sad. At least for you.

Can. It. Really. Be. Different. From. The. 2013. Show. I. Went. To? The. Setlist. Is. The. Same. That. Show. Was. Sad. For. Me.

Date: June 29, 2014 11:16

BitchKeepsBitchin
As for the setlists ~ the way The Stones are rolling these days its their choice to play whatever songs they feel comfortable with. MICK doesn't like to take risks on lesser played songs, he knows they can pull these tried and true songs off well and the crowds go wild all over the world. Everyone knows these are the some of the best songs ever written! At this stage they are not trying to reinvent the wheel.

We are what matters, not them. They have asked a lot from us in payment for their presence. The joke's on us that they have decided to give us so little.

Date: June 29, 2014 11:18

24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin
As for the setlists ~ the way The Stones are rolling these days its their choice to play whatever songs they feel comfortable with. MICK doesn't like to take risks on lesser played songs, he knows they can pull these tried and true songs off well and the crowds go wild all over the world. Everyone knows these are the some of the best songs ever written! At this stage they are not trying to reinvent the wheel.

We are what matters, not them. They have asked a lot from us in payment for their presence. The joke's on us that they have decided to give us so little.
24FPS, we (fans) represent 1% of those who paid for a ticket...all the rest doesn't care

Date: June 29, 2014 11:22

Harm
24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin

24FPS, we (fans) represent 1% of those who paid for a ticket...all the rest doesn't care

Yeah, I know. Sometimes you feel like venting, though.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home