Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie looks so good here (pic)
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 28, 2014 09:49

Gorgeous Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-28 11:06 by bv.

Re: Charlie looks so good here (pic)
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 28, 2014 10:25

[www.Facebook.com]

16th June 2014 in Vienna. At Charlie's side is Christian Eigner, touring drummer of Depeche Mode.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 28, 2014 11:48

Does he, now? Seems more than a few hairs are out of place and his hair is overall only half combed and he's quite unshaven, by more than a couple of days. And his suit, such as it is, is a good deal ruffled. And by the look of Bill's hair, that would suggest a Dirty Work sessions era photo. Which means that this was taken during Charlie's heroin and amphetamines days.

Now, we must ask ourselves. Would Charlie allow himself to be photographed in such a way these days? Are there similar unshaven CW photos circulating post- or even pre-Dirty Work?

Does he really look so good here, or does he merely look like he's finally ready to hang out with Keith?

Charlie Watts, looking like he's finally made The Stones (image-wise, anyway)

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 28, 2014 11:55

Some favorite pics of Mr. Charles Robert Watts:

Adorable smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 01:44 by Plink.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 12:30

Date: June 28, 2014 12:30

Date: June 28, 2014 12:31

This one is the best !!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 28, 2014 12:33

- 1975, by Annie Leibowitz or CS Sykes

Charlie is a wonderful-looking man.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 28, 2014 13:01

stonehearted
Does he, now? Seems more than a few hairs are out of place and his hair is overall only half combed and he's quite unshaven, by more than a couple of days. And his suit, such as it is, is a good deal ruffled...this was taken during Charlie's heroin and amphetamines days.

My thoughts exactly....I appreciate the photo for what it is (and Charlie, of course, always),
but my first thought when I saw Charlie here was "ahhh, the booze and heroin days." If it were
someone else I'd probably think he looked pretty good tho, Bliss smiling smiley

- swiss

Posted by: TurkuStonesFan ()
Date: June 28, 2014 13:45

They used to call it heroine chic before they knew how bad the stuff really was.

I prefer the photos of Charlie in recent years shopping or sightseeing in his impeccable Savile Row suits.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 28, 2014 13:56

stonehearted
And by the look of Bill's hair, that would suggest a Dirty Work sessions era photo.

Bobby Womack being the star of the photo would be an even better clue I reckon. Love & light to him

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 28, 2014 14:03

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2014 14:25

Charlie is such a cutie-pie. He always looks good, even when he was awful bad.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 14:29

The coolest musician on the planet!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 29, 2014 00:37

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: June 29, 2014 01:05

What strikes me is how different Mick looks.

Posted by: WarMachine ()
Date: June 29, 2014 01:11

Long John Stoner
What strikes me is how different Mick looks.

thumbs up

Date: June 29, 2014 02:25

Plink
Some favorite pics of Mr. Charles Robert Watts:
I won this original press photo on eBay last year! I was amazed to see the black & white 1986 CW album picture (unlike the one below)

(The one you posted that I quoted is one of my favorites)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 02:25 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Date: June 29, 2014 14:52

Hi BeforeTheyMakeMeRun,

It is a beautiful pic of Charlie, and your larger color version is very nice indeed. I decided to do a Bing Image Match search hoping to find a larger version of the B&W. There were a handful of matches. Most were the same size but one was slightly larger. Well, I decided to click on that slightly larger version to download it - BIG MISTAKE! Immediately a bizarre screen appeared supposedly affiliated with the “FBI” stating, “your browser has been blocked up for safety reasons”, “all the information on your PC has been arrested” and” “all your files are encrypted”. According to the page, the reason given for these actions is, “You have been accused of…” and a list of horrible cyber crimes followed which I won’t mention here (and of which I am certainly not guilty). The solution offered to “unblock” the browser and absolve me of all my alleged cyber crimes is to send $300 via Moneypak within 24 hours. NIGHTMARE! All this because I innocently clicked to obtain a slightly larger version of one of my favorite Charlie pics to have and share on this board. I’m perplexed as to why this nefarious entity would use a photo of Charlie Watts in order to lure people into entering their wretched site (you'd think GaGa or Rihanna or countless others would draw more hits). I’m telling you all of this because I don’t want you or anyone else to have an experience like this.

BTW, I did a little photoshopping on your color image to create a larger B&W:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 15:57 by Plink.

Date: June 29, 2014 17:49

Plink
Hi BeforeTheyMakeMeRun,

It is a beautiful pic of Charlie, and your larger color version is very nice indeed. I decided to do a Bing Image Match search hoping to find a larger version of the B&W. There were a handful of matches. Most were the same size but one was slightly larger. Well, I decided to click on that slightly larger version to download it - BIG MISTAKE! Immediately a bizarre screen appeared supposedly affiliated with the “FBI” stating, “your browser has been blocked up for safety reasons”, “all the information on your PC has been arrested” and” “all your files are encrypted”. According to the page, the reason given for these actions is, “You have been accused of…” and a list of horrible cyber crimes followed which I won’t mention here (and of which I am certainly not guilty). The solution offered to “unblock” the browser and absolve me of all my alleged cyber crimes is to send $300 via Moneypak within 24 hours. NIGHTMARE! All this because I innocently clicked to obtain a slightly larger version of one of my favorite Charlie pics to have and share on this board. I’m perplexed as to why this nefarious entity would use a photo of Charlie Watts in order to lure people into entering their wretched site (you'd think GaGa or Rihanna or countless others would draw more hits). I’m telling you all of this because I don’t want you or anyone else to have an experience like this.

BTW, I did a little photoshopping on your color image to create a larger B&W:

That is awful! It's very odd as to why they'd use a pic of Watts... did you get your PC fixed?

PS-Nice b&w version!

Date: June 29, 2014 19:41

Glad you like the larger BW. I’m thinking of doing a painting of it. I believe my PC is OK now. As soon as I realized something was terribly wrong I immediately performed a Windows “System Restore” and then performed a Malwarebytes scan, which turned up clean. I’ve learned this is a common virus called the “FBI Moneypak Virus”. What a pain!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home