Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Madrid Spain 25 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: June 27, 2014 20:24

Plink
Bellajane
Sometimes his outfits can be a bit over-the- top, but I always loved the way Keith dresses. Possibly I like his outfits the best except for Mick Taylor's shirts back-in-the day (they were awesome). Always thought Keith's style was a bit like shabby chic meets rock star ...he carries it off so well and effortlessly. I felt sorry for him in the Australian 1973 Tour Documentary interview (Mick meets the Prime Minister?), where the interviewer was criticizing Keith for his appearance. Thought Keith handled himself quite well all things considered.

Keith is an absolute style icon. He is the archetype who spawned a million imitators. I love his style. He is one of my personal style icons and I'm not even a dude. On this tour, I've read that everything he wears is by YSL - t-shirts, scarves, jackets - everything. This arrangement just seems so "against type" for an iconoclast like Keef (and Slimane is doing him no favors with those designs). The thought has crossed my mind that perhaps he's wearing the YSL duds (and I do mean duds...sorry - couldn't help it!) in exchange for a hefty donation to his favorite cause - there must be a particular reason he's wearing only YSL, imo.

Maybe it's Jagger's influence or even his wife?winking smiley I don't know..never thought Keith needed to be dressed by a fashion house of all things. It's so un-rock-n-roll. I loved the pink flowered shirt he wore in the recording of Brown Sugar video at Muscle Shoals 1969. It was vintage Keith.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 27, 2014 20:45

Bellajane

Maybe it's Jagger's influence or even his wife?winking smiley I don't know..never thought Keith needed to be dressed by a fashion house of all things. It's so un-rock-n-roll. I loved the pink flowered shirt he wore in the recording of Brown Sugar video at Muscle Shoals 1969. It was vintage Keith.

The fashion house relationship is perplexing, which is why I think there may be more to it. I don't think it's Patti's doing, as she has a cool personal style and he looked mighty fine for years & years into their relationship (one personal favorite is the shirtless w/ leopard vest look on the '81 tour)

Well into the 1st Boston show, Keith stripped down to just his black "Mona Keitha" tee shirt w/ the black jeans. It was nice to actually see his arms. He looked casual & killer cool. My favorite onstage look of the past 2 years.
I'd like to see more of that! My background is in fashion and I can't help but think about this very, very important stuff!!

BTW, I think there should be a thread dedicated specifically to Stones fashion smiling smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 27, 2014 21:25

Plink
Bellajane

Maybe it's Jagger's influence or even his wife? I don't know..never thought Keith needed to be dressed by a fashion house of all things. It's so un-rock-n-roll. I loved the pink flowered shirt he wore in the recording of Brown Sugar video at Muscle Shoals 1969. It was vintage Keith.

The fashion house relationship is perplexing, which is why I think there may be more to it. I don't think it's Patti's doing, as she has a cool personal style and he looked mighty fine for years & years into their relationship (one personal favorite is the shirtless w/ leopard vest look on the '81 tour)

Well into the 1st Boston show, Keith stripped down to just his black "Mona Keitha" tee shirt w/ the black jeans. It was nice to actually see his arms. He looked casual & killer cool. My favorite onstage look of the past 2 years.
I'd like to see more of that! My background is in fashion and I can't help but think about this very, very important stuff!!

BTW, I think there should be a thread dedicated specifically to Stones fashion smiling smiley

If you do not like something - blame Jagger (and of course, Jagger is never Mick but Richards is always Keith)
Sure, Mick and his dead wife - the one KR called L'Man, that much he loved her and listened to her opinion - forced him to wear these horrific outfits. I think that Vuitton ad KR did only under Mick's pressure

In any case I am glad that KR' leopard period that lasted for 3-4 tours, finally came to an end. Nothing can be worse than that

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: June 27, 2014 21:30

Plink
Bellajane

There are threads dedicated to threads. I know I asked about where Mick Taylor bought his shirts. I know we talked about Carnaby Street. Just need to search a little bit. Check out any of the My Fav...pic threads (insert any of the band member's name) and you'll see some great photos...some of them are really a time capsule of the 60's and 70's. Of course, we can't overlook Brian Jones...he was fabulous and flamboyant..definitely swinging London fashionplate!smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 27, 2014 21:45

proudmary
Plink
Bellajane

Maybe it's Jagger's influence or even his wife? I don't know..never thought Keith needed to be dressed by a fashion house of all things. It's so un-rock-n-roll. I loved the pink flowered shirt he wore in the recording of Brown Sugar video at Muscle Shoals 1969. It was vintage Keith.

If you do not like something - blame Jagger (and of course, Jagger is never Mick but Richards is always Keith)
Sure, Mick and his dead wife - the one KR called L'Man, that much he loved her and listened to her opinion - forced him to wear these horrific outfits. I think that Vuitton ad KR did only under Mick's pressure

In any case I am glad that KR' leopard period that lasted for 3-4 tours, finally came to an end. Nothing can be worse than that

proudmary, I think Plink just meant that since Mick has often used designers, perhaps that has influenced Keith to do the same. As for his wife, I take that to mean Keith's wife Patti, not L'Wren. In any case, they both have been fashion icons over the decades, with some hit and miss outfits along the way for sure. One of the worst looks that I can remember was Ronnie in his New Barbarian feathered wing shoulder outfit. Charlie's only hit and miss was the Cuban shirt, but even in that he managed to look cool.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 27, 2014 21:56

zgubi
Ladies and Gentlemen smiling smiley

My video for the amazing Madrid experience, link to the blog post at the end. I would like to thank IORR.org, crawdaddy and the Rolling Stones for such an amazing experience!

Back in Kingston now Andreea and just seen your video.
Fantastico ! ..................as they say in Spain or Italy............or anywhere. >grinning smiley<

I can see the way you do you're filming while we were in Madrid the morning after the gig................and I felt a bit under the weather, but hopefully that didn't show up too much. smileys with beer

Full of admiration to yer wth gold rings on winking smiley...............the way you get it all together with the soundtrack, and brings over the feelings we all had those two days. winking smiley

Will look at your tour diary for Madrid and will never forget that night of the gig and the following day where we all said goodbye................for the time being.

We will all meet up again in Europe...........South America...............anywhere. thumbs up>grinning smiley<thumbs up

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: June 28, 2014 00:47

What a classy pic! (posted by Plink, I guess). One of the greatest in the infinite repertoire of Keith's pictures

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: June 28, 2014 01:19

Delicious harmonica by Mick in like a Rolling stone. One of my highlights!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 04:43

Interesting show. The highlight was, by far, the audience. Those kids were electric and came to party. The band obviously delivered. Good for them (the audience and the band). It looks like a good time was had by all. Does that make it a great show? At this point it is almost a philosophical question.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 28, 2014 04:44

proudmary
Plink
Bellajane

Whoa proudmary, simmer down!!! I don't think either Bellajane or Plink were trying to slight Mick in any way. Since when has Keith ever listened to Mick's wishes regarding anything anyway? I think in the end it all boils down to the almighty Dollar, most likely YSL made Keith an offer he couldn't refuse. This isn't the first time he bowed to a fashion label, remember the Louis Vuitton ads? IMHO these bomber jackets Keith has been sporting this tour are a sorry choice, I'd rank them anywhere from hideous (as in the blue and white one) to barely acceptable for the black one. The black jacket from Abu Dhabi on the other hand was simple, stylish and fabulous, Keith could have owned it with putting his own touches on it.

Btw, my favorite recent Keith tour outfit was the little black vest vest with nothing underneath but a bunch of necklaces and black pants from the Licks tour. tongue sticking out smiley I also don't mind seeing part of his belly exposed this tour, that to me just shows Keith being himself and down to earth, nothing wrong with it.

Proudmary, I don't want to neglect to mention that I also think Mick's wardrobe this tour is simply stunning. I don't see how he will ever be able to top these gorgeous jackets L'Wren designed for him, may the poor woman rest in peace.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: June 28, 2014 05:35

HEY GUYS AT 70 THEY STILL ALL LOOK GOOD SO THEY CAN WEAR WHAT THEY LIKE AS LONG AS THEY CAN ROCK.KISH.X

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 28, 2014 05:58

latebloomer
Beast
Plink
Those unfortunate satin jackets that Keith has been wearing lately hurt my eyes but the man himself looks great in that pic! Love that radiant smile and love the matching blue shirts worn by the Glimmers in that LARS vid smiling smiley

OK, I confess to liking this black one tongue sticking out smiley If nothing else, it's a big improvement on that white monstrosity. But I'd still like someone to tell me what that blingy motif on the back of it is supposed to be?

I'm wondering the same thing, anyone with a clue? Still waiting for Keith to send me the blue satin jacket. He must know how much I like it.
It's an YSL logo, part of the line keith endorses:
[www.hero-magazine.com]

(OK I guess i should read p 11 before responding to a thread on p 10)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-28 05:59 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 28, 2014 06:41

The Stones wore what they pleased.
Back when the Beatles and everyone else
were playing in suits the Stones looked
like, as some old critics called them. A mess.

They didn't care what you thought then and now as
very rich men they could care less what you think now.

They will do what they want any old time..haha.

Date: June 28, 2014 09:40

Plink
proudmary
Plink

...The fashion house relationship is perplexing, which is why I think there may be more to it...

Hi Proudmary,
Just to set the record straight, I wasn't commenting on Mick (who has looked absolutely splendid dressed in L’wren Scott’s designs – love his tour wardrobe, it is gorgeous, artful and perfect for Mick at this moment in time). In an earlier message in this thread, I mentioned that Keith is wearing only YSL on this tour, which seems unusual. I went on to theorize that perhaps he has an arrangement w/ YSL to wear their designs exclusively in exchange for a hefty donation to his favorite charity. When Bellajane also mentioned this unusual new practice of wearing only 1 designer’s fare, in response I wrote, “The fashion house relationship is perplexing, which is why I think there may be more to it”. No negative Mick talk there at all. I have nuthin’ but lurve for both Glimmers smiling smiley.
BTW, I stand by my love of Keef in leopard!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-28 10:33 by Plink.

Date: June 28, 2014 10:18

Thru and Thru
...I think in the end it all boils down to the almighty Dollar, most likely YSL made Keith an offer he couldn't refuse. This isn't the first time he bowed to a fashion label, remember the Louis Vuitton ads?...

...Btw, my favorite recent Keith tour outfit was the little black vest vest with nothing underneath but a bunch of necklaces and black pants from the Licks tour. tongue sticking out smiley I also don't mind seeing part of his belly exposed this tour, that to me just shows Keith being himself and down to earth, nothing wrong with it...

Hi Thru,
Regarding the Vuitton ad, I just hit Google and learned that Keith “declined payment for his participation, and instead a donation went to The Climate Project pioneered by Al Gore”. Full article here: [usatoday30.usatoday.com]

As for the belly baring, I'm glad Keith feels confident and I know it can be sweltering up on that stage in summertime, I just happen to prefer a little mysterywinking smiley

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 28, 2014 12:20

Last week I was at the office, having just returned from Vienna, that day in Madrid Spain was getting a new king.

At that moment I was still trying to work out a way to get to Rome or Madrid or maybe both. Should I stay or should I go? On Friday I decided to go through with it, dive into the unknown, make the trip and hope it will turn out well.

First part of the adventure in Rome exceeded any expectations I had for things to “work out” and I was hoping my lucky would continue to the next chapter in Madrid.

My friends had all encouraged me to take the leap of faith and try to make it to the shows. And so I did.

On 25-Jun, day of the show I boarded a morning bus from Barcelona, an 8h drive to Madrid. It was a pleasant trip with views of the mountains, some desert areas and a stop in Zaragoza.

While in Adelaide mid-March I met Richard Fox from New Zealand, we became friends and he has since helped me out with tips and advice on planning the tour and introduced me to other traveling Stones fans. He also gave me a wristband from a 2003 concert in Zaragoza which I wore throughout my travels in Australia replacing the ones I would have worn if the tour had been on:

At that point I couldn’t imagine that I’d be going to Zaragoza few months after.

The ALSA bus had WiFi somewhat, connecting for 2 minutes every 2 hours, in these little timeframes I was logging on the message board checking for updates whether a ticket would become available.

Tony who I med in Zurich at the Stray Cat pre-show meeting had been watching my stories and my videos and was very excited about going to Madrid. He offered to help me out with getting a ticket as he was already in the city.

As luck would have it, a ticket became available from Garbie and Tony was very kind to offer and pick it up for me as I was only arriving after 4pm.

The journey was getting more and more exciting, I finally had enough time to finish the post about the Rome show and had a huge smile waiting with great anticipation to see what the evening would bring.

As soon as the bus stopped I hopped off, headed straight to the metro, got to the city and left for the stadium to meet Tony. On the way I bumped into Wilfried who had struggled to get to Madrid following the Air France strike (unfortunately that caused a lot of problems for many people in getting to the show). We met Tony and Gabor and spent some time outside the stadium:

Getting closer to the Santiago Bernabeu you could hear everyone cheering even in the queue to get inside the stadium. Very long lines at all gates and many young fans. As they are very well experienced with the football organizing for Real Madrid games, the entry process was very quick and efficient.

We entered the stadium around 8pm, the enormous Santiago Bernabeu which is very interestingly built in the shape of a square, offering a good view possibility for everyone, including people sitting in the top levels.

Even before the band came on stage everyone was shouting “Ole, Ole, Ole!” wild!!

I was sitting in the pit with a pink wristband on my hand thinking I am so happy I decided to get out the door and take the chance, somehow, because I went to all the previous places, things fell into place this time around too, with a lot of help from my friends.

Almost by surprise, intro comes on and the familiar voice shouts out once again: “Ladies and gentlemen, would you please welcome…THE ROLLING STONES!” boom and they’re on to another lightning “Jumping Jack Flash”.

Comparing to Rome, think they started with a bit more confidence in Italy but this was still pretty top form.

The sound was great, the drums were sounding excellent and the party was on!

The song that won the online voting with unquestionable majority was “Like A Rolling Stone” that had last been played in 2002. And once again I was there to witness the comeback of another gem.

I had the song in my head all day, that was the feeling I had after this entire day with questions and hopes and it was now coming together and happening with a singing crowd all jumping and singing “Like A Rolling Stone”. I knew then and there what the soundtrack was going to be for Madrid.

A funny coincidence is that in the same time, back home, Bob Dylan who wrote the song was probably playing it live at his concert in Bucharest.

We weren’t staying in the very middle, somewhat in the lateral with enough room to move around and get different perspectives. At one point I noticed Matt Clifford was in the pit and we chatted for a bit, he’s a producer, keyboard player and collaborator with Mick Jagger/the Stones and he announces the band when they go on stage, remember that “Ladies and Gentlemen…?” smiling smiley, also plays keyboards on certain songs and French Horn for “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”.

It was great meeting him, among the first highlight of the night that would actually trigger some of the next ones.

It was a beautiful night, I was looking towards the stand at all these people singing and was experiencing pure happiness, the kind you get when you put all your efforts into making things happen and …they do!

“Out of Control” and “Honky Tonk Women” were very groovy in Madrid, heavy sound, powerful bass + great crowd. “Midnight Rambler” rocked the house and “Miss You” put on the dancing moves, this songs does sound better in Latin countries tongue sticking out smiley

“Start Me Up” was impressive, because of the many people who were all sort of close to the stage, I’m thrilled whenever I hear the part with “I’ll take you places that you’ve never ever seen” because it’s so true!

When it was all done, after the final bow, every single person was singing “Ole Ole Ole!” and the band loved it, Mick hung around for quite a while before getting off stage applauding the show that the crowd was now putting on for him.

After the show, after a series of happenings, I met Bernard Fowler, a very nice guy who is much taller than I expected:

This was my 10th concert (7 of them this year). Again it was one of those events that you want to celebrate, tell your friends about, sing about, share the experience. The night went on till around 4am and ended on the streets of Madrid in light rain.

I was walking and wondering how it all happened, how it all connected, what I’ve learned with the Madrid adventure is that every experience leads you to the next one, that you have to trust your instincts and follow your dreams even if rationally they don’t seem possible, attitude and view on things can greatly influence how everything takes place.

Next day, after 4hours of sleep I met Julio on the way to Puerta del Sol, we had splendid coffee in the sun and headed on.

Walked and talked some more around Puerta del Sol with Tony and Gabor, they took me to the station and I was on my trip back to “home away from home” for this week on another 8h bus ride.

Just enough time to put together MY VIDEO of the adventure of Rolling To Madrid Like A Rolling Stone smiling smiley

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 28, 2014 12:41

Rokyfan
It's an YSL logo, part of the line Keith endorses:
[www.hero-magazine.com]
(OK I guess i should read p 11 before responding to a thread on p 10)

LoFL - yes, we've got that logo sorted, thanks! Which looks a lot better as a piece of jewelry,
but even then it's pretty dorky. We're working on the roostahzaurus-whatsit on the back of the black one now
if you care to help with the search for the truth :E

Date: June 28, 2014 13:41

zgubi
...I was walking and wondering how it all happened, how it all connected, what I’ve learned with the Madrid adventure is that every experience leads you to the next one, that you have to trust your instincts and follow your dreams even if rationally they don’t seem possible, attitude and view on things can greatly influence how everything takes place...

Fantastic quote – very inspirational!

I’ve been reading your posts about your adventures on this tour and I like your spirit. You have the will and find a way to make your dreams a reality (and make new friends along the way - wonderful!). Your reports and videos are excellent. Attending the European shows was never in the cards for me, so thank you for sharing your journey w/ those of us following the tour via computer screen smiling smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 28, 2014 14:00

Plink,Thru and Thru and latebloomer!

I might have drank more chardonnay last night than I should have. Everything is fine this morning and I just love this fashion talk. Peace and sisterhood smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2014 14:22

proudmary

I might have drank more chardonnay last night than I should have. Everything is fine this morning and I just love this fashion talk. Peace and sisterhood smiling smiley

No worries proudmary, we've all been there. smiling smiley

Date: June 28, 2014 15:08

proudmary

I'm all for peace and sisterhoodthumbs up. I think it’s quite all right to indulge in a little frivolous fashion talk (and chardonnay drinking smiley). Nice pic you posted of the Twins (it’s one of my favorites by Mark Seliger). I see you’re embracing the jungle prints - excellent!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 28, 2014 15:18

Andreea, that's a wonderful story and fantastic video. Completely agree with our impressions from Madrid.

I admire your courage - I would not have the guts to travel (particularly across Europe) without having tickets in my pocket!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 28, 2014 15:37

Plink
zgubi
...I was walking and wondering how it all happened, how it all connected, what I’ve learned with the Madrid adventure is that every experience leads you to the next one, that you have to trust your instincts and follow your dreams even if rationally they don’t seem possible, attitude and view on things can greatly influence how everything takes place...

Fantastic quote – very inspirational!

I’ve been reading your posts about your adventures on this tour and I like your spirit. You have the will and find a way to make your dreams a reality (and make new friends along the way - wonderful!). Your reports and videos are excellent. Attending the European shows was never in the cards for me, so thank you for sharing your journey w/ those of us following the tour via computer screen smiling smiley

The quote from Andreea fits her personality so well.

Reminds me of my own attitude on how to go about doing certain things in life, and usually it has worked out very well for me.

Positive thinking and a lot of will and determination will get you there.......................and Andreea has proved that so well. smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 28, 2014 15:47

Proudmary, hi, so good to see your post today!
T and T, you said it, right-o, and Plink, love that shot of Keith with the leopard.

zgubi, what a great video, thank you!!! You captured the spirit of the day and
the crowd, and the band, simply wonderful.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 29, 2014 03:17

proudmary

Cheers ladies, I'll drink to that! smileys with beer

Posted by: Jon Lasaa ()
Date: June 29, 2014 10:03

Hi all.

Lovely night in Madrid, as it was in Rome too;
fantastic show, fantastic audience.

And a very nice blog, Andreea. Congratulations.
Good to see Gabor as well, nice fan.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: July 5, 2014 18:13

austrianstones
Ray,was nice to meet youB-)

Nice to meet you too, Austrianstones! You have a fantastic family. Hope you enjoyed the "Gammel dansk". smiling smiley

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: July 5, 2014 18:31

stonesrick
Fantastic show. Shared a wonderful evening with Mikko from Finland in the Lucky Dip section 613. At times the mix was a bit muddy but this band continue to amaze us all with their energy and style. Good to meet up with many fans from across the world including Infamy the day after in the centre of Madrid.

Got down to the venue at 10am and was amazed by the number of young Stones fans queing for FOS.

The main thing that will stay with me forever from this concert was the fanatical Spanish audience - Brilliant!.

Great to meet you Stonesrick! and a fantastic show for sure!

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Re: Rolling Stones - Madrid, 25 June 2014
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 10, 2014 16:27

bye bye johnny

...yet another Scarfgate in the making... Wonder what happened next. smoking smiley

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: July 10, 2014 16:37

Great tie!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home