Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Madrid Spain 25 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 27, 2014 05:06

Madrid looked like a great show. Everybody singing along. As much as we love the intimacy of a theater or an arena this is big time rock 'n' roll. The Stones get lifted by a stadium. Good for them, they deserve to feel pleased about their concerts. It is a great show and program. All jokes aside there's something for the hard core fan each night but still an unforgettable experience for the majority attending for a good time not analysis.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 27, 2014 09:26

latebloomer
Beast
But I'd still like someone to tell me what that blingy motif on the back of Keith's black jacket] is supposed to be?

I'm wondering the same thing, anyone with a clue?

I studied a video snippet over and over and all I can guess is ... a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the moonlight?

Okay, put me back in line with the no-clue people :E

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 27, 2014 11:01

Doom and Gloom wrote:

"Madrid looked like a great show. Everybody singing along. As much as we love the intimacy of a theater or an arena this is big time rock 'n' roll..."

Correct. In addition, I would say that there are different tastes and preferences about the "best venue for attending the Stones" among the so called hard core fans. I personally prefer much, much more to be part of the large, enthousiastic, fiery, much more younful crowds like Rome and Madrid, than the audiences in the theartes, where 30% if no more are VIPs, top models, and celebrities.

I think every time should be big time rock and roll. Especially now... I think would be extremely selfish to demand someting different from these guys who are at their 70 plus. I mean, the rule is "bigger venues = fewer gigs, so saving powers", unless someone believes that the Stones should plan a set of 14 concerts, 7 in arena and 7 in theatres, and play in front of only 100,000 people totally.

I had a perfect, unforgettable experience in Rome, despite the heat and the long wait, because I attended the Stones at the absolute intimate venue. What made it so intimate was people's passion and the obvious fact that the band was feeling the enthousiastic crowd's energy.

I believe that Rock and Roll has nothing to do with agoraphobia...

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: June 27, 2014 11:06

Fantastic show. Shared a wonderful evening with Mikko from Finland in the Lucky Dip section 613. At times the mix was a bit muddy but this band continue to amaze us all with their energy and style. Good to meet up with many fans from across the world including Infamy the day after in the centre of Madrid.

Got down to the venue at 10am and was amazed by the number of young Stones fans queing for FOS.

The main thing that will stay with me forever from this concert was the fanatical Spanish audience - Brilliant!.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 27, 2014 13:40

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 27, 2014 13:56

with sssoul
latebloomer
Beast
But I'd still like someone to tell me what that blingy motif on the back of Keith's black jacket] is supposed to be?

I studied a video snippet over and over and all I can guess is ... a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the moonlight?

Is it another YSL job - a rather more tasteful one this time? No, I've no idea either.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 27, 2014 14:16

Green Lady
with sssoul
latebloomer
Beast

Is it another YSL job - a rather more tasteful one this time? No, I've no idea
either.
I must say I think the glittery stomach covering necklace is a plus

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: June 27, 2014 14:19

I would like to congratulate the audience in Madrid. I've attended many concerts in my life and it was, by far , the best audience I have ever seen.Young crowd, lots of singalong.
The band really felt the energy from the audience and gave it back with a very strong performance.
Mick in particular was fantastic.
Keith messed up with "can't be seen" but was rescued by his band mates and Bernard and Lisa. He acknowledged it and thanked them at the end of the song.He otherwise played well, even SFTD solo was ok without bump notes.

We got Angie, Like a Rolling Stone ( rusty but very good version), Out of control and Gimme Shelter as surprises. What else can we ask for?

Mick Taylor presence was not so much highlighted or stressed as it was in previous concerts.Perhaps because spanish fans don't know him well since their first gigs there were in 1976 ?

Anyhow, a wonderful evening with my wife and my 11 years old boy.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 27, 2014 14:34

Green Lady
with sssoul
latebloomer
Beast

Is it another YSL job - a rather more tasteful one this time? No, I've no idea either.

I suppose you Ladies are talking about this jacket, yes?

Pic is from Düsseldorf, by Waterrats.

Probably YSL's design take of Albatros droppings spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 27, 2014 14:36

Green Lady
with sssoul
latebloomer
Beast

It seems it is indeed another YSL job (specifically, Hedi Slimane), but whoever wrote the piece below can't work out what the motif is either! I also just learnt that the earlier monstrosity with the white sleeves goes by the name of "Blood Luster"!

Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Keith Richards in Saint Laurent - The Rolling Stones Tour, Paris

Keith Richards and The Rolling Stones performed at the Stade de France in Paris on 13 June 2014. Keith Richards wore a black teddy silk bomber jacket, over a green silk shirt and black trousers, and accessorised with a blue silk scarf, all from Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane.

We featured Keith Richards in Saint Laurent on here several times during this Rolling Stones tour. This is the first time I have seen this black silk teddy jacket. Interesting glittering motif on the back, and I do love the mix of gold coloured fabric with the black silk. Long live the Rolling Stones.

[www.whats-he-wearing.com]

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 27, 2014 14:36

Nikkei
andrewt
Yes. Keith is posing much better this leg than in North America.
call it posing if you like. he is grinning like Chesire Cat. his heart is in it.
unlike last year. i've seen that too in london. his facial expression there
frightened me at times. and, as your post clearly alludes to his playing ability,
if you could point out for me in which way his playing deteriorated from last year, i would be very thankful. cheers!

Explaining my own joke in a thread is a special hell that I will avoid strenuously. Suffice to say there are no deeper allusions to be had.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 27, 2014 14:52

Beast
Green Lady
with sssoul
latebloomer
Beast

It seems it is indeed another YSL job (specifically, Hedi Slimane), but whoever wrote the piece below can't work out what the motif is either! I also just learnt that the earlier monstrosity with the white sleeves goes by the name of "Blood Luster"!

Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Keith Richards in Saint Laurent - The Rolling Stones Tour, Paris

Keith Richards and The Rolling Stones performed at the Stade de France in Paris on 13 June 2014. Keith Richards wore a black teddy silk bomber jacket, over a green silk shirt and black trousers, and accessorised with a blue silk scarf, all from Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane.

We featured Keith Richards in Saint Laurent on here several times during this Rolling Stones tour. This is the first time I have seen this black silk teddy jacket. Interesting glittering motif on the back, and I do love the mix of gold coloured fabric with the black silk. Long live the Rolling Stones.

[www.whats-he-wearing.com]

Thanks, Beast. After studying the pic again, it looks maybe like legs at the bottom. Maybe the backside of a human figure with wings? An Angel or a Harpie?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 27, 2014 15:03

Looks like a silver rooster from the back, to me.

Date: June 27, 2014 15:14

Yes, in that pic I can see the rooster. Is that how Keith sees himself now? The silver rooster....cool smiley

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 27, 2014 17:18

Ladies and Gentlemen smiling smiley

My video for the amazing Madrid experience, link to the blog post at the end. I would like to thank IORR.org, crawdaddy and the Rolling Stones for such an amazing experience!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 27, 2014 17:27

open-g

Thank you thank you for the clearer shot of it, but that is one funky roostahzaurus if that's what it's supposed to be!
Duck feet, club-shaped wing and no perceptible beak - can't give it away on 7th Avenue! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

PS: Nice ass on that man. I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 17:29 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 27, 2014 17:32

with sssoul
open-g

Thank you thank you for the clearer shot of it, but that is one funky roostahzaurus if that's what it's supposed to be!
Duck feet, club-shaped wing and no perceptible beak - can't give it away on 7th Avenue! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

PS: Nice ass on that man. I love the Rolling Stones

Best description yet LOL...

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 27, 2014 18:13

stupidguy2
Plink
Those unfortunate satin jackets that Keith has been wearing lately hurt my eyes but the man himself looks great in that pic! Love that radiant smile and love the matching blue shirts worn by the Glimmers in that LARS vid smiling smiley

Looks like those jacket Pinky Tuscadero used to wear, or some roller derby chick from the 60s.

Pinky Tuscadero - Exactly! And he has at least 3 of these satiny lady-jackets: the universally detested blue & white, the less detested but still objectionable black & white, and the black/gold with inscrutable, rorschach-like assemblage of sequins on the back (some see a rooster, I see a fox w/ boxing gloves - who the heck knows what it really is - other than hideous...). Oy Vey!! You'd think his stylin' young daughters would stage an intervention or sneak into his room and confiscate them like thieves in the night. Bottom line: Keith should be dressing like LEATHER Tuscadero, not Pinky Tuscadero!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 18:18 by Plink.

Date: June 27, 2014 18:26

Come on Plink, Pinky's not so bad. You can even dress up like her for Halloween.

As for Keith and his clothes, he's still one cool looking cat. Honestly at this stage of the game, as long as he keeps rollin, I could care less if he shows up in Patti's old bathrobe as long as he's got the groove.

Date: June 27, 2014 18:41

latebloomer
Come on Plink, Pinky's not so bad. You can even dress up like her for Halloween.

As for Keith and his clothes, he's still one cool looking cat. Honestly at this stage of the game, as long as he keeps rollin, I could care less if he shows up in Patti's old bathrobe as long as he's got the groove.

Very cool indeed. It's his spirit, his smile - the man just beams with happiness and passion for the music he's playing. Maybe I went a little overboard w/ the jacket-bashing (but I do loathe them so...). For the record, I'm a huge fan of Keith's - I just think he could benefit from a dose of tough love right now in the wardrobe department. I'd love to see him in that black skull shirt from the VL tour (no more than 3 buttons undone, please), black jeans, black headwrap and perhaps that new sparkly tie/necklace thingy he wore in Madrid. I am sure he will read this and implement my suggestions immediately smiling smiley

BTW, you've just selected my costume for Halloween 2014 - thanks!

Date: June 27, 2014 19:01

Plink
latebloomer

Very cool indeed. It's his spirit, his smile - the man just beams with happiness and passion for the music he's playing. Maybe I went a little overboard w/ the jacket-bashing (but I do loathe them so...). For the record, I'm a huge fan of Keith's - I just think he could benefit from a dose of tough love right now in the wardrobe department. I'd love to see him in that black skull shirt from the VL tour (no more than 3 buttons undone, please), black jeans, black headwrap and perhaps that new sparkly tie/necklace thingy he wore in Madrid. I am sure he will read this and implement my suggestions immediately smiling smiley

BTW, you've just selected my costume for Halloween 2014 - thanks!

I think it's great that Keith is letting his belly hang out these days, shows he's feeling very comfortable on stage. It makes me smile to see him embracing the paunch, and I think it's been shrinking.

If you go as Pinky, then I'll dress as Frenchy. grinning smiley

Date: June 27, 2014 19:15

latebloomer

If you go as Pinky, then I'll dress as Frenchy. grinning smiley

Deal! And we shall rock those pink satin jacketssmiling smiley

Date: June 27, 2014 19:30

Plink
latebloomer

As for Keith and his clothes, he's still one cool looking cat. and passion for the music he's playing. I'd love to see him in that black skull shirt from the VL tour (no more than 3 buttons undone, please), black jeans, black headwrap and perhaps that new sparkly tie/necklace thingy he wore in Madrid.![/quote I think that green and black sparkly head band in abu dubai had much to recommend it

Date: June 27, 2014 19:41

EJM
[/quote I think that green and black sparkly head band in abu dubai had much to recommend it

Abu Dubai? Have Abu Dhabi and Dubai merged to form a new nation?winking smiley
Agree fully about Keef's headwrap & entire ensemble @ that show - looking great from head to toe!

Date: June 27, 2014 19:52

Plink
EJM
[/quote I think that green and black sparkly head band in abu dubai had much to recommend it

Abu Dubai? Have Abu Dhabi and Dubai merged to form a new nation?winking smiley
Agree fully about Keef's headwrap & entire ensemble @ that show - looking great from head to toe!
ok Jane Rose , the style police have spoken , we respectfully await your intervention ( but the black silver rooster number - although frightful - is infinitely better than the blue monstrosity )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 19:54 by EJM.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: June 27, 2014 19:55

Sometimes his outfits can be a bit over-the- top, but I always loved the way Keith dresses. Possibly I like his outfits the best except for Mick Taylor's shirts back-in-the day (they were awesome). Always thought Keith's style was a bit like shabby chic meets rock star ...he carries it off so well and effortlessly. I felt sorry for him in the Australian 1973 Tour Documentary interview (Mick meets the Prime Minister?), where the interviewer was criticizing Keith for his appearance. Thought Keith handled himself quite well all things considered.

Date: June 27, 2014 20:05

Bellajane
Sometimes his outfits can be a bit over-the- top, but I always loved the way Keith dresses. Possibly I like his outfits the best except for Mick Taylor's shirts back-in-the day (they were awesome). Always thought Keith's style was a bit like shabby chic meets rock star ...he carries it off so well and effortlessly. I felt sorry for him in the Australian 1973 Tour Documentary interview (Mick meets the Prime Minister?), where the interviewer was criticizing Keith for his appearance. Thought Keith handled himself quite well all things considered.

Keith is an absolute style icon. He is the archetype who spawned a million imitators. I love his style. He is one of my personal style icons and I'm not even a dude. On this tour, I've read that everything he wears is by YSL - t-shirts, scarves, jackets - everything. This arrangement just seems so "against type" for an iconoclast like Keef (and Slimane is doing him no favors with those designs). The thought has crossed my mind that perhaps he's wearing the YSL duds (and I do mean duds...sorry - couldn't help it!) in exchange for a hefty donation to his favorite cause - there must be a particular reason he's wearing only YSL, imo.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 27, 2014 20:10

maloup
Yeah man,I agree with You!This is abselute rubbish.These concerts only sell
because they are the "Rolling Stones".Pathetic.

Agree 100%

Date: June 27, 2014 20:11

Sometimes his outfits can be a bit over-the- top, but I always loved the way Keith dresses.

Keith does his own thing in most ways, including his clothing choices. I like the Abu Dhabi outfit, but it's way too coordinated for Keith. Have to remember too that on stage a bright outfit is easier to spot, especially in a large stadium venue. Mick has also taken some hits for his fashion choices over the years...the Hey Negrita and football jersey looks certainly bring on some eye rolling. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 27, 2014 20:22

Plink

Keith is an absolute style icon. He is the archetype who spawned a million imitators. I love his style.

I think he's always had an awful fashion sense, unlike Bowie for example.
He's got a lot of charm and charisma but his wardrobe... Christ! Unless you like homemade, born out of the street, fashion. Those python boots he wore around 69... eye rolling smiley

Keef's a sort of Brit Ted Nugent in that respect. Even when he was at his classiest (the béw outfit for the 81 tour) it kinda reminds me of waiters in French cafés (sorry Keef!) drinking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home