Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Madrid Spain 25 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 26, 2014 20:13

Like a rolling stone is fantastic.
A RS live set must have this song, always.

Rolling Stones - Madrid, 25 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2014 20:30

Carlos Alvarez

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 26, 2014 20:43

Those unfortunate satin jackets that Keith has been wearing lately hurt my eyes but the man himself looks great in that pic! Love that radiant smile and love the matching blue shirts worn by the Glimmers in that LARS vid smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:08

Yes. Keith is posing much better this leg than in North America.eye popping smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:24

The "general admission" factor plays too : when you see a sea of people below you jumping and dancing, you wanna give it all.

From the stage, the pit at US shows must be like an onion field in Idaho : square, orderly... boring?
Bloody chairs, they damper any expression of rock'n rollness! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:30

Plink
Those unfortunate satin jackets that Keith has been wearing lately hurt my eyes but the man himself looks great in that pic! Love that radiant smile and love the matching blue shirts worn by the Glimmers in that LARS vid smiling smiley

Looks like those jacket Pinky Tuscadero used to wear, or some roller derby chick from the 60s.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 26, 2014 22:02

This was a big one.

Almost done with my 8h bus trip back, had a lovely morning in Madrid. Almost done on the video and a wonderful story of how my StonesMadrid adventure turned out to be better and bigger than I could have expected...like a rolling stone.

happy to have met the people from here and for everyone who contributed to the planet alignment winking smiley

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 26, 2014 22:16

andrewt
Yes. Keith is posing much better this leg than in North America.
call it posing if you like. he is grinning like Chesire Cat. his heart is in it.
unlike last year. i've seen that too in london. his facial expression there
frightened me at times. and, as your post clearly alludes to his playing ability,
if you could point out for me in which way his playing deteriorated from last year, i would be very thankful. cheers!

Re: Rolling Stones - Madrid, 25 June 2014
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 26, 2014 22:27

bye bye johnny

Carlos Alvarez

Love ya Keef, God and Gold rings on ya !!!!!!!
See you in Stockholm !!!!!!
jeroen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 22:29 by corriecas.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 26, 2014 22:38

Looks like a great show!!!! Why does Keith wear these type of jackets?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 26, 2014 22:45

Brstonesfan
Looks like a great show!!!! Why does Keith wear these type of jackets?

Because he can!!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 26, 2014 23:09

dcba
The "general admission" factor plays too : when you see a sea of people below you jumping and dancing, you wanna give it all.

From the stage, the pit at US shows must be like an onion field in Idaho : square, orderly... boring?

I think it's potatoes in Idaho, and chairs can be good for throwing. But I agree with you here and in past posts that the tour really only got underway a month ago.

Date: June 26, 2014 23:30

bv
ThroughTheLonelyNights
OMG the EU law is sometimes a little bit strange.....

May be you never heard about Cincinatti and Roskilde and Hillsboroug and Heysel and other tragedies crowd control wise? We don't want tragedies to happen at rock concerts. That is why it is BY LAW rules about how many people you may squeeze into a fixed area. They broke these rules in Dusseldorf by the way. Luckily nothing happens there, but when something happens, people die if there are too many people in a place. Very serious issue really.

Of course I know about that and believe me I take security issues very seriously.
But I´ve never heard about a law that allows to sell out only 2/3 of the venue.
As far as I know 2 persons per square meter are allowed (in my EU country).

IMO the security at a venue depends very much on local organization.
It is simply dangerous if people push to the front – and it makes no difference if the venue is sold out or not.
Same with people that are selfish and reckless without any behaviour.
This can provoke panic situations very easily.

Happened for example in Düsseldorf and security just ignored it!!.
Actually organization was unprofessional.
I do not think the FOS was oversold. It´s not allowed and possible.
But nobody scanned my ticket for example, they had just a quick look if I am at the right entrance.
So it´s possible a lot of people with fake tickets were able to enter.
I recognized that people suddenly appeared from nowhere and pushed ruthlessly to the front, minutes before the Stones started.

Security should do their job and be able to recognize dangerous situations and not waste their time with unimportant occurrences (which they do very often)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 00:07 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 26, 2014 23:59

pepganzo
Like a rolling stone is fantastic.
A RS live set must have this song, always.
This was a fine version. It is great to see them play with genuine respect to the song and the audience. They are usually master bon vivants but here they are digging in, even Keef. I HATE TO WRITE THIS BUT... They missed the boat not having Taylor play on this one. As we know he toured with Dylan and can weave with the best of them. His perfectly fit part in SOL is proof enough that he's got so much to offer without stepping on too many fancy toes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 00:02 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 27, 2014 00:00

What a show in Madrid!!
Here are my videos of yesterday at Santiago Bernabeu!
How can I post the videos here? If you insert just the url you don't see it here, so how?
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 27, 2014 00:13

carlitosbaez
What a show in Madrid!!
Here are my videos of yesterday at Santiago Bernabeu!
How can I post the videos here? If you insert just the url you don't see it here, so how?
Carlitos
Tenerife

You need to post the YouTube URL without the "s" on the "https".

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 27, 2014 00:19

Plink

OK, I confess to liking this black one tongue sticking out smiley If nothing else, it's a big improvement on that white monstrosity. But I'd still like someone to tell me what that blingy motif on the back of it is supposed to be?

Date: June 27, 2014 00:25

Thanks Cristiano amigo!!
Here we go with my videos at dirty rock!!,
Carlitos

Intro and JJ Flash in Madrid!

Tumbling Dice in Madrid

Like a Rolling Stones in Madrid

Date: June 27, 2014 00:30

More videos from Madrid I shot with dirty rock
Carlitos
Tenerife

You got the Silver in Madrid!

Can't be seen in Madrid

You Can't always get what... in Madrid

Satisfaction in Madrid

Date: June 27, 2014 00:30

More incredible picture we took tomorrow!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 27, 2014 00:38

carlitosbaez
Thanks Cristiano amigo!!

You're welcome. Thanks for posting them here. smileys with beer

Date: June 27, 2014 01:03

Possibly the best Stones I have ever attended.

1. Most of the people at FOS where were in their twenties. They knew all of the songs. Keith and Ron built a wall of sound, their notes were as knives thrown to our minds.
3. Mick was in top form
4. The band was connected from the beggining to the end.
5. Fantastic crowd

Aditionally... I paid for the cheap pitch ticket but I was allowed to enter to the front (as well as other hundreds of people....strange). So I saw them from few meters away.

I would like to write further but my english is troubled.

They are the best.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 27, 2014 01:34

mnewman505
I do like the fact that I can clearly hear Keith's backing vocals on LARS.

So great!!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 27, 2014 01:48

MartinB
It is great to see the boys and their interaction from so close. Entirely different experience! Although, surprisingly, the sound at the front was not ideal, there was quite a lot of echo, especially when Mick or Lisa were on the catwalk.

If it's what I think, it's the sound of the catwalk monitors that they turn on, not for Lisa and Mick who have IEMs but for Keith, Ronnie (and Taylor too) when they walk on it or get near it. It was really confusing at HP1 but by HP2 I was used to it ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 27, 2014 01:53

Beast
Plink

OK, I confess to liking this black one tongue sticking out smiley If nothing else, it's a big improvement on that white monstrosity. But I'd still like someone to tell me what that blingy motif on the back of it is supposed to be?

I'm wondering the same thing, anyone with a clue? Still waiting for Keith to send me the blue satin jacket. He must know how much I like it.

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: June 27, 2014 01:54

dcba

This can't be stressed enough, I'm not a performer, but I imagine the high this guys get from performing in front of a dancing and jumping audience leads to a much better performance than what you get when performing to basically 20,000 bodies with no soul.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 27, 2014 01:57

DandelionPowderman
schwonek
EasterMan
DandelionPowderman

At times Mick's timing is a bit wierd, but it's still a great version!

YES! GREAT VERSION! A surprise - Chuck is wrong here. The intro is only two times, not three. Keith gets it right. Anyway - they rock!

Mick forgets where to start, and they're doing a round of the verse before he joins in, that's all smiling smiley

Does Mick said something to Bernard to distract that he entered later?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 27, 2014 02:42

zgubi
This was a big one.

Almost done with my 8h bus trip back, had a lovely morning in Madrid. Almost done on the video and a wonderful story of how my StonesMadrid adventure turned out to be better and bigger than I could have expected...like a rolling stone.

happy to have met the people from here and for everyone who contributed to the planet alignment winking smiley

I'm back in London now Andreea, and said goodbye to Gabor soon after we said goodbye to you.
What a great few days I had in Madrid, and the highlight of course was the gig last night.
You, I know have had many highlights in the less than 24 hours or so you were in Madrid.

Just take it easy getting your great tour diary updated,and looking forward to reading it, and eventually your Rolling Stones gig in Stockholm. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 03:04

Hopefully this post works. We were on the rail, nobody in front of us. About 30 seconds into e song (START ME UP) a woman wearing a hood came in front of the barricade and sat down. She was clearly trying to disguise herself, but took the hood off when seated. You'll see her in the first minute or so for a brief glimpse. Almost certain it's Theodora Richards?
She was very kind, offered to take a photo of the couple next to us. Incredible experience. video: [youtu.be]

-nathan d

Date: June 27, 2014 03:15

longhorn14
Hopefully this post works. We were on the rail, nobody in front of us. About 30 seconds into e song (START ME UP) a woman wearing a hood came in front of the barricade and sat down. She was clearly trying to disguise herself, but took the hood off when seated. You'll see her in the first minute or so for a brief glimpse. Almost certain it's Theodora Richards?
She was very kind, offered to take a photo of the couple next to us. Incredible experience. video: [youtu.be]

-nathan d

Yes, definitely.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home