Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Madrid Spain 25 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 26, 2014 09:16

waterrats
latvianinexile
Interesting that FOS Ronnie's side is much more packed.

And with a reason: Keith usually is in the middle and only rarely really on 'his' right side. So on Ronnie's side, you definitely have more action these days.

Are you saying that Premium Pista ticket holders had a right to chose sides?

Date: June 26, 2014 09:20

Irix
flairville

U2Stonesfan
When was the last time they played " Like A Rolling Stone"?

Licks Tour. Unsure of date.

Chicago, September 13, 2002, according to [www.timeisonourside.com] .

That was the FIRST time that it was performed on the 2002 / 2003 Licks Tour.

At the top of the page,it states :

" CITY & DATE 1st PERFORMED " .

They played it quite regularly on the Licks Tour,especially in 2003.

Examples : Boston , MADRID etc. .

Date: June 26, 2014 09:56

Winning Ugly VXII
Irix
flairville

U2Stonesfan
When was the last time they played " Like A Rolling Stone"?

Licks Tour. Unsure of date.

Chicago, September 13, 2002, according to [www.timeisonourside.com] .

That was the FIRST time that it was performed on the 2002 / 2003 Licks Tour.

At the top of the page,it states :

" CITY & DATE 1st PERFORMED " .

They played it quite regularly on the Licks Tour,especially in 2003.

Examples : Boston , MADRID etc. .

They played it regularly before the Licks tour as well, so that info (when it was first performed on the Licks tour) is really strange confused smiley

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: June 26, 2014 10:06

Like a Rolling Stone last played on 29 September 2003:

[www.iorr.org]
[www.setlist.fm]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 10:16 by skyhawk.

Date: June 26, 2014 10:21

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2014 10:41

DandelionPowderman
Angie was a big hit [in Spain], too.

My personal theory is that it's because Angie is based on the chords of Malaguena,
the first song Gus Dupree taught Keith to play. Definitely a touch of the Spanish :E

I voted for Like a Rolling Stone just before the show started, and I'm so proud to have made a difference!

Meanwhile, just look at how that handful of skinny English cats takes over that vast place -
wonders of nature they are, and we are blessed to be the witnesses.

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 26, 2014 11:33

Beast
Bob C.
slewan
Cristiano Radtke

doesn't look like it's really overcrowded, does it? - far away from being sold out!?

What are those things between the port a potties and the red canopy?

Believe it or not - some weird kind of urinal (don't even ask)! They had them in Paris, too...
The stage looks totally ridiculous... didn't they have enough time to build up the whole stage design confused smiley

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: June 26, 2014 11:38

Hi everyone from Madrid,

Great show yesterday. I knew it was gonna be great, because last time in Madrid wasn't good, specially because of Keith. But I didn't expect so much. Killer show. Lot of energy in the band. Mick is a superhuman. It's hard to believe that he is 70 years old, man. What a phenomenon. Charlie and Ronnie great, as usual. It is remarkable how much professional Ronnie has become, now he is regular and focused all the time and in all show. What a difference between this Ronnie and Roonie in the 90's. He take care of Stone's sound, filling and cover some mistakes. Now he is crucial.

Keith was fantastic. Very focused, he did a great job in Sympathy, which use to be very poor in recent tours. I wanna hear the second solo again, because it sounded particularly good for me, and usually that solo becomes erratic. He only looked a bit lost in Can't be Seen, or maybe it's that I don't like the song too much. But his rythmn guitar was in front of the mix all the time, and it sounded very "crunchy", very solid. Some failures, yes, but nothing serious, and little failures are part of Keith cool smiley

Mick and Keith looked very friendly. They shooke hands at the end of Satisfaction, they looked close on Miss You, and they were smiling to each other at the end of the show.

Mick Taylor sounded good, but hey, and maybe I'm wrong, his face looked a little drunk or something, maybe too much spanish wine.

The arena was nearly full. Incredible atmosphere and fantastic audiencia, dancing and singing all the time.

This guys are amazing legends. Maybe they are not the Stones of 72, but still the Great Rock 'n Roll band of all times.

Sorry for my english, I'm spanish!

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 26, 2014 11:50

Ray,was nice to meet youB-)

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 26, 2014 12:20

bernard90mike
Beast
Bob C.
slewan
Cristiano Radtke

doesn't look like it's really overcrowded, does it? - far away from being sold out!?

Believe it or not - some weird kind of urinal (don't even ask)! They had them in Paris, too...
The stage looks totally ridiculous... didn't they have enough time to build up the whole stage design confused smiley

Stadium events don't picture well anyhow... The empty seats on the back, the fact that the GA (standing) people push to the front of their respective zones leaving bald areas on the backs and huge stage that looks so small in the Football stadiums... YEP - the Youtube era + post modern regulations (crowd control) spare us from the wonderful sights of the 1981 Tempa Arizona views.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 12:20 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 26, 2014 12:40

DandelionPowderman

At times Mick's timing is a bit wierd, but it's still a great version!

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 26, 2014 12:42

Yesterday Dylan's draft of the lyrics to Like A Rolling Stone, including doodles between the lines, sold for over two million dollars.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 26, 2014 13:02

EasterMan
DandelionPowderman

YES! GREAT VERSION! A surprise - Chuck is wrong here. The intro is only two times, not three. Keith gets it right. Anyway - they rock!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 26, 2014 13:13

ThroughTheLonelyNights
OMG the EU law is sometimes a little bit strange.....

May be you never heard about Cincinatti and Roskilde and Hillsboroug and Heysel and other tragedies crowd control wise? We don't want tragedies to happen at rock concerts. That is why it is BY LAW rules about how many people you may squeeze into a fixed area. They broke these rules in Dusseldorf by the way. Luckily nothing happens there, but when something happens, people die if there are too many people in a place. Very serious issue really.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 26, 2014 13:19

bv
ThroughTheLonelyNights
OMG the EU law is sometimes a little bit strange.....

May be you never heard about Cincinatti and Roskilde and Hillsboroug and Heysel and other tragedies crowd control wise? We don't want tragedies to happen at rock concerts. That is why it is BY LAW rules about how many people you may squeeze into a fixed area. They broke these rules in Dusseldorf by the way. Luckily nothing happens there, but when something happens, people die if there are too many people in a place. Very serious issue really.

They also broke that rule in Vienna!

Date: June 26, 2014 13:21

Great show and great crowd in Madrid! Reports and photos here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: June 26, 2014 13:27

schwonek
EasterMan
DandelionPowderman

YES! GREAT VERSION! A surprise - Chuck is wrong here. The intro is only two times, not three. Keith gets it right. Anyway - they rock!

Mick forgets where to start, and they're doing a round of the verse before he joins in, that's all smiling smiley

Date: June 26, 2014 13:31

Seems like another great show. Love LARS. Played very well.

Jaggers looks fantastic and the Stones are just so much better than in 2007 and 2003. I find this the best tour since No Security.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 26, 2014 13:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack
so much better than in 2007 and 2003. I find this the best tour since No Security.

I just don't agree with this at all. 2003 was like 100 times better than this tour, 2007 was inconsistent but at times much better than now. I can't understand how anyone could compare the greatness of for example the 2003 club shows to the show they are playing this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 13:37 by EasterMan.

Date: June 26, 2014 13:44

You cannot compare a club show to a stadium show IMHO.

I just think the Stones play better (not setlist wise). In 2007 Keith was sometimes a nightmare, sometimes good. Now he is really good. Ronnie was good in 2007 and is still good. Jagger was fantastic and became inhuman. Charlie was Charlie and still is Charlie.

I just like this tour better. The sound is fantastic, the atmosphere on stage thrilling and they are very consistant.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 26, 2014 13:49

capsula
I also believe that it was not full. Flor example, Keith's FOS side as 2/3 full

Sure it was not, I was not there (grrrr !) and with (or without) all those who had plane troubles (delayed and/or canceled flights).
In my situation, no B plan. By car it was a 11 hours trip (flight canceled at 12:10 ... so too late and in what condition after such a trip). The first train was foreseen after midnight in Madrid (midnight what ?). And the other companies flying to Madrid were sold out, and of course uncertain to be able to fly.
So, sold out possible, full no.

Date: June 26, 2014 14:00

Usually they sell FOS left and right side separately, as stated on the ticket, but usually it has been the same colour of the wristband, so if you wanted, you could walk around the stadium and change from Keith to Ronnie side or vice versa.

In Madrid they had different colors, and secutity was good. I tried to get into Ronnie side with my yellow Keith side wristband, but they said no. I was happy with Keith side so I did not spend much time on it, even if it is always possible to walk in while security is busy with others.

It looked like Ronnie side was much more packed than Keith side. European crowds are very different. In North Europe they are protective and own their space like a wolf or a dog own the home space, while in the south of Europe people dance and have fun and don't worry so much about territorial space ownership. I was in the front, then the sound was painful to my ears, so I moved back a bit, then back to the front for the last two songs, I mean very very front, no problems in Madrid. In North Europe they would never accept it.

Bjornulf

Date: June 26, 2014 14:01

EasterMan
PaintMonkeyManBlack
so much better than in 2007 and 2003. I find this the best tour since No Security.

I just don't agree with this at all. 2003 was like 100 times better than this tour, 2007 was inconsistent but at times much better than now. I can't understand how anyone could compare the greatness of for example the 2003 club shows to the show they are playing this year.

The stadium shows on the Licks Tour was not better than this tour, imo.

Unfortunately, I didn't catch any arena or club shows back then...

Date: June 26, 2014 14:21

bv
Usually they sell FOS left and right side separately, as stated on the ticket, but usually it has been the same colour of the wristband, so if you wanted, you could walk around the stadium and change from Keith to Ronnie side or vice versa.

In Madrid they had different colors, and secutity was good. I tried to get into Ronnie side with my yellow Keith side wristband, but they said no. I was happy with Keith side so I did not spend much time on it, even if it is always possible to walk in while security is busy with others.

It looked like Ronnie side was much more packed than Keith side. European crowds are very different. In North Europe they are protective and own their space like a wolf or a dog own the home space, while in the south of Europe people dance and have fun and don't worry so much about territorial space ownership. I was in the front, then the sound was painful to my ears, so I moved back a bit, then back to the front for the last two songs, I mean very very front, no problems in Madrid. In North Europe they would never accept it.

Thanks bv. Great to hear about these little observations, details.
My son (19 years old) had a similar experience last night in Madrid. He was in FOS Ronnie side and emailed me this:
"top top audience, hot party, pogo, dance, ole ole ole oleeee, Like A Rolling Stone ! amaaaaaaazing mr jaggaer! Stones ruled again!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 14:23 by 1962.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 26, 2014 14:32

Glad everyone had an amazing time last night cool smiley

Date: June 26, 2014 14:32

bv

So you say it would be possible in Werchter to get in the GC with a GA ticket if you play your cards right?

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: June 26, 2014 14:38

What an amazing show!

This was my third time in Madrid, after 2003 and 2007 and was the best performance by a mile.

Crystal clear sound, loud guitars, and Keith. He was the big difference. He was very focused, some minor mistakes, but nothing important.

The best of the series was Jumpin Jack Flash, Like a Rolling Stone (the crowd went crazy!), Out of Control, Midnight Rambler, Gimmie Shelter, and to my surprise the best version I've heard from honky tonk women.

The stadium was packed, from the GA the sight was incredible.

I went with two friends, the first time for them, and they couldn't believe how good is this band after 50 years...

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 26, 2014 14:49

bernard90mike
Beast
Bob C.
slewan
Cristiano Radtke

Yeah, that could be the case. I also think it's unusal that they did the sound check on show day just before the doors opened. Maybe there was a delay in stage building or trucks were late or something like this.
Another explanation could be that they wanted to make the screens as big as possible because of the huge stadium. People in the back were further away compared to other venues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 14:49 by firebird.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 26, 2014 14:57

<< I also think it's unusal that they did the sound check on show day just before the doors opened.>>

Not unusual - this is what they've been doing all along on this leg (or at least it's what they did at the four shows I've so far attended).

Date: June 26, 2014 15:03

Beast
<< I also think it's unusal that they did the sound check on show day just before the doors opened.>>

Not unusual - this is what they've been doing all along on this leg (or at least it's what they did at the four shows I've so far attended).

Also in Vienna.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home