Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
No Security Tour - Best Shows
Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 25, 2014 13:54

Recently discovered that I've got a show from the No Security tour on my pc, San Jose 20/4/99. Pretty good show and neat setlist, Route 66!

Just wondering what you guys think are other good shows from this tour so I can acquire some.

Cheers!

Re: No Security Tour - Best Shows
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 25, 2014 14:10

For the most part they're all really good. Avoid the first Sacramento because Mick gets sick during it which led to the postponement of the San Jose shows until late April. I listen to Charlotte quite a bit.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 25, 2014 14:47

I was at the Charltte show - excellent! Memory Motel, Some Girls, and Respectable. On the small stage, we got Rambler, Route 66, and Imagination. My first time seeing them in an arena. Oh yeah, a really hot, 1969-style JJF to open the show.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:03

I attende boh show S in Boston and were great

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:05

hartford ct, the night that UCONN won the final four in 1999

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:09

Chicago, IL (United Center) - smashing.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:16

Of the 4 I saw, Pittsburgh by far.

Posted by: stoneskris ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:24

The Gund Arena Cleveland, Ohio was the best of the two shows I saw. The other being the second Chicago Show. I also got Charlie's right hand drum stick that night.

Kris

Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:30

Pittsburgh was an amazing show. I had a VHS boot of the show -- lost it, but would love to see the video again.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: June 25, 2014 15:38

Attended both San Jose shows, and they were absolutely awesome...but that entire tour is my favorite. The band well oiled from B2B tour...and moved inside, we got a real treat here in the USA....think I saw 13 of those shows...sorry for bragging....not my best trait.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 25, 2014 16:23

Charlotte. Went without tix, got great seats for not much over face value, and I must say it was a great show. Met the boys' pilot whilst having a beer and vaguely remember something about Charlie doing some shopping downtown CLT>

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 25, 2014 16:27

I have to vote for Gund Arena in Cleveland too. The ACC show in Toronto was great also. I hear Ronnie was a no show with his playing at some of these shows. Not at the ones that I saw.

Date: June 25, 2014 17:46

Never seen one of the shows, but I have a copy of 'California Dreaming' (HolyWood Nights, HN003/004, can anyone give me more information on the record label/list of recordings?) that has a radio recording of the San Diego, CA February 3, 1998. Not sure if this is during the B2B shows or NS, but it is not the best quality. Mick shouts in between songs something about it raining (since it's a radio broadcast some of the static could have been a weak signal, too). Not necessarily the best show. Mick sounds like he has a cold, the band sounds good, only major problem is that static!

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 25, 2014 17:50

Charlotte! Keith was on fire! Especially during some girls. Not to slag ronnie (I love rw btw) but he was very low in the mix that night. It seemed like Keith knew it and decided to carry the show and set his guitar on fire. I wish I could get a great recording of this show!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 25, 2014 17:56

The Kiss Of Life boot is from Sacramento and is very good -- performance, sound qaulity and production. . I guess it is not the night Mick got sick.

Two thing which were great about this tour were the setlist surprises like Moonlight Mile and Some Girls live became a sing along. What took them so long to play SG live? It is almost autobiographical.

Also the video short intro before the band hits the stage was awesome. It was like a futurisitc Sergio Leone western. You see the band in a dark industrial setting, marching in lock step, scowls on theri faces, as if they are heading to A gunfight at the OK Coral. That was really cool. Very fun.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 25, 2014 18:10

does Canstatter Wasen, Stuttgart 29-05-1999 count?
it was announced as BtB, featured the BtB stage, but
the No Security setlist. and it was one hell of a show.
i was 10years old and on the shoulders of my dad. MR was
performed on the B-stage, few feet away from me. since
about a year ago, i own an excellent bootleg.
the No Security Intro Video makes me still shiver

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 25, 2014 18:12

The Miami show was fantastic! Great sound and a very excited audience. Great B-Stage set with Midnight Rambler, Route 66, and Just My Imagination. Great version of Some Girls.

Date: June 25, 2014 18:34

deadegad
The Kiss Of Life boot is from Sacramento and is very good -- performance, sound qaulity and production. . I guess it is not the night Mick got sick.

That's the same show. I could swear he really starts to struggle, voice-wise, by the end of the show.

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: June 25, 2014 18:46

Cannstatter Wasen/Stuttgart was amazing! Looking for a bootleg ever since. Nikkei, may I get a copy of it please? Best regards from Munich!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 25, 2014 18:53

fahthree
deadegad

That's the same show. I could swear he really starts to struggle, voice-wise, by the end of the show.

I have not listened too this for a very long time. I'll dig it out and listen.

Date: June 25, 2014 18:53

nankerphlege
Charlotte! Keith was on fire! Especially during some girls. Not to slag ronnie (I love rw btw) but he was very low in the mix that night. It seemed like Keith knew it and decided to carry the show and set his guitar on fire. I wish I could get a great recording of this show!

I have this show. My email is in my account info. I'll gladly send a copy along.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 25, 2014 19:17

You Got me Rockin, first track on the released CD, where at? I always thought it was Amsterdam.

Date: June 25, 2014 19:22

Eintracht
Cannstatter Wasen/Stuttgart was amazing! Looking for a bootleg ever since. Nikkei, may I get a copy of it please? Best regards from Munich!
gern, ich brauche nur deine eMail!
ich habe ne *.zip datei gemacht, die
ist immer noch 250MB groß. muss ich auf
dropbox hochladen, das dauert etwas. ob
man wohl den link hier teilen darf?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-25 19:26 by Nikkei.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 25, 2014 19:22

While The Wind Blows Over Toronto is a good boot. If you can get the Gund Arena Cleveland show it even better.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 25, 2014 19:28

Anaheim was fantastic. I saw them from 1978 to 2013 and 1999 was the absolute peak. Keith was actually on fire, not 2014 on fire, and Charlie, well, fantastic. I barely noticed Mick, because Keith & Charlie were so good.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: June 25, 2014 19:52

I was in Stuttgart-99 as well,in fact theres 3 or even maybe 4 versions available of this fantastic show

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 25, 2014 19:59

Cheers for the recommendations everyone, ill do my best to hunt down a few of these boots, cant seem to find charlotte anywhere though. :-(

Date: June 25, 2014 20:13

marko
I was in Stuttgart-99 as well,in fact theres 3 or even maybe 4 versions available of this fantastic show
yeah, but mine is the best. audience-wise.
there's a triple ending to SOM, but even after that,
the people keep it going. and if you understand german,
there's loads of funny banter in between songs.
Mick saying "shidoobee" and someone
with no clue replying: "schubi- dubääh?"

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 25, 2014 20:27

marko

Angie from this Stuttgart show is perhaps the last really good performance of this song. All electric guitars and Jagger sings beautifully with passion.
Much of the acoustic versions since have sounded a bit too slick and boring.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 25, 2014 20:50

shattered
You Got me Rockin, first track on the released CD, where at? I always thought it was Amsterdam.

That was from the B to B tour.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home