Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: Rome Italy 22 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 23, 2014 20:37

My guess is if the videos are scarce than it was a great performance and audience too busy to film it. Still I'd love a close up version of SOL. I did pick out Taylor's part and his clear arpeggios were refreshing. Sounds a bit like Clapton on "Badge". MT has so much to offer the Stones audience...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 23, 2014 20:53

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:04

What a poignant version of SOL. For very obvious reasons
Wish I were there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 21:06 by proudmary.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:14

Excellent concert. Perhaps I 'll write a review later. I'm just waked up... My "life", since Sunday mornig: From Athens to Fiumicino and directly to concert. Fiumicino again, after having spend a few hours in Rome (smiling faces everywhere and people singing chorus of Stones songs, Street Of Love included). Totally, over 30 hours of sleepness but, hey, i feel absolutely happy.

I'm 53 years old. During the gig I was singing and dancing with a lot of people around me, who could be my sons or my daughters and, in some cases, my grandchilds too... (Near the stage).

Thanks Rome, thanks Stones!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:25

angee

One question: Did people in the FOS have room to breathe or move
or was it sardine time?

FOS was (great) sardine time.

I have the feeling that there more people than the official capacity.

In fact is wasn't too difficult to get in with some fantasy and some cooperation from inside ... grinning smiley

C

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:29

Wow, SOL was a great choice for the Romans, incl. the Rubikon line.
Great singalong for a TOP 500 hit! I love it!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:33

MR

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:58

This rock’n’roll adventure that I am on feels so natural. It’s what I’ve always wanted to do and now I finally have the chance to experience it.
There have been many chapters so far to this story: Abu Dhabi as the warm-up, trip to Australia on a postponed tour, re-start in Europe with the first 3 shows, train ride to Vienna and then for the grand finale.

End of last week I was at that moment, I managed to plan the first bits in advance but now I’m standing in front of this new challenge with little resources and huge determination to live it through, I’ve made it so far.
The rock and the roll combines my two biggest passions: the concerts and the traveling, being able to do them together in this first half of the year with the Rolling Stones out of all bands is beyond fulfilling, it’s simply fascinating.

So to cut to the chase, I had to decide if I use my one way flight to Rome with just enough money to almost cover the cost of a ticket and bus far from the airport or stay home.

After some thinking I came up with a creative way to solve everything, so I left home Sunday morning at 4am, enjoyed walking in Rome during the day, met the lovely Martha Tuesday who played a significant role in my getting into Circo Massimo, managed to get a wonderful spot on Keith’s side and enjoyed the best show of this tour singing together with the people traveling from Padova, Ivano da Milano, Gabor, Wilfried, Grizzly, Martha, Sonoko, Gerhard and everyone else who was at the concert, even if we were sitting in different places. The band was in great mood, playful, joking through music, inviting each other, sharing the microphone, sharing a hat, a very generous gig from both stage and front of stage.

For me as well it was a 30h+ adventure and it’s definitely out of the comfort zone but well worth it, I am happy I have met so many wonderful people and I am doing my best to keep the wheels working towards Madrid. I am not sure of what’s going to happen in the following one and a half weeks but I am confident that if I get out the door things might just fall into place.

Here’s my video for the Rome experience, will write a detailed blog post after the St. John fireworks (14 on fire!) happening today in Barcelona and after a long sleep, good night and good morning rocking people:

Photo album Rome & show: [www.facebook.com]

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 22:36 by zgubi.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 23, 2014 22:15

Back to Milano.

Superb concert.

Fantastic venue, sound and crowd.

As soon as I got in I felt immense gratitude for the angel that gave us pit area tickets: official numbers say that the capacity was 60.000, but to me it seemed definitely more crowded than Hyde park!

As for the concert, we all know what a Stones concert is like. Well, this was one of the GOOD ones-

What I can say, seeing them from so close, is that I wasn't seeing the nostalgic celebration of myth. The band on stage yesterday was a "real" band that performed a "real" rock and roll concert.

You could see and feel their excitement!

This, for me, is more than enough. If they ever are able to record a new work, I will be the happiest of men on earth. But if not, I couldn't care less.

Now I need some sleep badly!

C

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 23, 2014 22:19

andrea66
Niek
andrea66
Got back to the hotel very late. After few hours of rest I can only say that the show was good ad usual. I am not intrested to remark if htw was better in paris rather than Lisbona etc etc, what i like of this band is that their level is high since 52 years, and that they play with pride and dignity. A testa alta, as we say in italy. i don't think it is easy, and it costs a lot of efforts and energies. So, once again, thank you Stones!

Tell me, did your son liked the concert? Could he deal with the mass, waiting and the heat? Could he see anything at all?
(I take my 10 year son to TW for his first Stones-concert, any tips you like to share?)
Yes, he liked. We got there at 3.30 and i was worried 'cause the waiting was really long. It was Also hot and with many people, but we found a nice spot on the 'hill' on the left if the stage - ronnie side. At the end he was exhausted, he knew most of the songs and he sat down during respectable, can't be seen and htw. During a mick taylor solo he told me :' he is very good'. Maybe a sign that he has a good taste? As I told you, at the end he was totally tired, but very happy. Out of the Stones hotel saturday chuck leavell gave him 2 plettrum of keith richards, and this really Made the difference. He helped him a lot to get totally involved . So at the end it was ok, even if a normal stadium venue would have been better for him. And what about your experience

I can image that! Thank you for sharing this story. I guess he remember this experience for ever! For my son, saturday is the big day.I hope he enjoyed it too. He hopes they play can't you hear me knocking, his favorite song.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 22:22 by Niek.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 23, 2014 22:19

liddas
official numbers say that the capacity was 60.000, but to me it seemed definitely more crowded than Hyde park!

71,000 according to rs.com.
[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: June 23, 2014 22:26

Niek
andrea66
Niek
andrea66
Got back to the hotel very late. After few hours of rest I can only say that the show was good ad usual. I am not intrested to remark if htw was better in paris rather than Lisbona etc etc, what i like of this band is that their level is high since 52 years, and that they play with pride and dignity. A testa alta, as we say in italy. i don't think it is easy, and it costs a lot of efforts and energies. So, once again, thank you Stones!

Tell me, did your son liked the concert? Could he deal with the mass, waiting and the heat? Could he see anything at all?
(I take my 10 year son to TW for his first Stones-concert, any tips you like to share?)
Yes, he liked. We got there at 3.30 and i was worried 'cause the waiting was really long. It was Also hot and with many people, but we found a nice spot on the 'hill' on the left if the stage - ronnie side. At the end he was exhausted, he knew most of the songs and he sat down during respectable, can't be seen and htw. During a mick taylor solo he told me :' he is very good'. Maybe a sign that he has a good taste? As I told you, at the end he was totally tired, but very happy. Out of the Stones hotel saturday chuck leavell gave him 2 plettrum of keith richards, and this really Made the difference. He helped him a lot to get totally involved . So at the end it was ok, even if a normal stadium venue would have been better for him. And what about your experience

I can image that! Thank you for sharing this story. I guess he remember this experience for ever! For my son, saturday is the big day.I hope he enjoyed it too. He hopes they play can't you hear me knocking, his favorite song.
Really great stuff. I remember meeting Duke Ellington when I was a kid and it stayed with me till this day. Good to see music being passed on to the youngsters.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 23, 2014 22:31

RoughJusticeOnYa
Niek
What gesture make Keith at 1.38? Everybody laughing after that.
PATRIAL INTRO, PARTIAL YGTS
[www.youtube.com]

...what song/ video?
That Youtube-link doesn't seem to work (anymore?)...

[youtu.be]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: June 23, 2014 22:38

Niek
RoughJusticeOnYa
Niek
What gesture make Keith at 1.38? Everybody laughing after that.
PATRIAL INTRO, PARTIAL YGTS
[www.youtube.com]

...what song/ video?
That Youtube-link doesn't seem to work (anymore?)...

[youtu.be]
smoking a joint????

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 23, 2014 22:54

I do hope you can make it to Madrid, Andreea.

I am spending first night here, and very quite on the Stones front and only met one guy from USA who was here for the band and lovely Madrid.
Heard The Rolling Stones arrived tonight and you never know.........might see some of them taking in the sights of Madrid tomorrow .

Dunno if you got a ticket but LD spares ,as I had in Oslo and Zurich, will be around on the day ,as well as genuine sellers who have got a spare pista ticket maybe.

Wish you luck Andreea on whatever you decide to do.

If you need any help or assistance with Madrid just email, as not hidden. smileys with beer

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: June 23, 2014 23:11

zgubi
This rock’n’roll adventure that I am on feels so natural. It’s what I’ve always wanted to do and now I finally have the chance to experience it.
There have been many chapters so far to this story: Abu Dhabi as the warm-up, trip to Australia on a postponed tour, re-start in Europe with the first 3 shows, train ride to Vienna and then for the grand finale.

End of last week I was at that moment, I managed to plan the first bits in advance but now I’m standing in front of this new challenge with little resources and huge determination to live it through, I’ve made it so far.
The rock and the roll combines my two biggest passions: the concerts and the traveling, being able to do them together in this first half of the year with the Rolling Stones out of all bands is beyond fulfilling, it’s simply fascinating.

So to cut to the chase, I had to decide if I use my one way flight to Rome with just enough money to almost cover the cost of a ticket and bus far from the airport or stay home.

After some thinking I came up with a creative way to solve everything, so I left home Sunday morning at 4am, enjoyed walking in Rome during the day, met the lovely Martha Tuesday who played a significant role in my getting into Circo Massimo, managed to get a wonderful spot on Keith’s side and enjoyed the best show of this tour singing together with the people traveling from Padova, Ivano da Milano, Gabor, Wilfried, Grizzly, Martha, Sonoko, Gerhard and everyone else who was at the concert, even if we were sitting in different places. The band was in great mood, playful, joking through music, inviting each other, sharing the microphone, sharing a hat, a very generous gig from both stage and front of stage.

For me as well it was a 30h+ adventure and it’s definitely out of the comfort zone but well worth it, I am happy I have met so many wonderful people and I am doing my best to keep the wheels working towards Madrid. I am not sure of what’s going to happen in the following one and a half weeks but I am confident that if I get out the door things might just fall into place.

Here’s my video for the Rome experience, will write a detailed blog post after the St. John fireworks (14 on fire!) happening today in Barcelona and after a long sleep, good night and good morning rocking people:

Photo album Rome & show: [www.facebook.com]

Thank you Andreea, for another beautifull report. I allways like to read them. Keep up the good work, also on [www.vdvcamp.ro]. Will you go to Werchter next saturday?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 23:12 by skyhawk.

Date: June 23, 2014 23:40

TooTough
Wow, SOL was a great choice for the Romans, incl. the Rubikon line.
Great singalong for a TOP 500 hit! I love it!

Top 20 smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2014 00:11

What wonderful experiences you guys all had in Rome! smiling smiley Really enjoyed reading about them.

Rolling Stones - Rome, 22 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:19

Very nice black & whites by Simone Cecchetti in la Repubblica:

[www.repubblica.it]

Rolling Stones - Rome, 22 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:20

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:24

Is there a possibility for a dvd from this concert.I didn't see an extra camera crew. WHat a great night, hope many more videos will surface.Everyone was with a camera and a smartphone in their hands.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:05

CanYouHearTheMusic
JMARKO

It's kind of ludicrous to have had Bruce Springsteen guest on Tumbling Dice more often than Mick Taylor on this world tour.

J

What's more ludicrous is that claim. Springsteen has guested on that song *twice* yet we've gotten Taylor every single night of the tour except one (if you call all the dates since 2012 one tour). confused smiley

I'm hoping there is a misunderstanding of language here. My point is that Springsteen has played on "Tumbling Dice" more than Mick Taylor has played on "Tumbling Dice" on this tour. That Taylor has been there every night only highlights my point, actually.

And, yes, I understand SOL was a hit in Italy. Not arguing the inclusion of it in the setlist, per se.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:05

proudmary
What a poignant version of SOL. For very obvious reasons
Wish I were there

Yes, yes, yes, very moving. I love the crowd singing along.
And to hear a song this rarely done, in such good voice and playing, so nice.

Thanks for posting it, PM!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 05:31

You can tell everything you want .. I cant believe the people voted for respectable.
for your memory in the list there were :
if you can't rock me
SWEET VIRGINIA
LOVING CUP
Respectable
... ... ...

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 24, 2014 05:34

John Mayer is one heck of a guitarist. Anyone that plays will tell you that. As far as his own solo career, I have not listened so I cannot comment. I doubt his music would be classified as "Pop". His roots are in the blues. I believe he has a SRV tatoo to honor the late Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 24, 2014 06:01

Sounds like a really great show, I would have loved to have heard SOL live again. I still remember how much I enjoyed it in Sheffield in 2006, the crowd really got into it then too.

Btw, I don't mean to sound cynical but regarding the gorgeous Mick/Keith picture during LSTNT, I truly hope that moment was genuine and not just staged for the DVD. Far Away Eyes from the Beacon SAL taping comes to mind.... confused smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:46

beachbreak
John Mayer is one heck of a guitarist. Anyone that plays will tell you that. As far as his own solo career, I have not listened so I cannot comment. I doubt his music would be classified as "Pop". His roots are in the blues. I believe he has a SRV tatoo to honor the late Stevie Ray Vaughan.

And he's also been influenced by jazz, which gives his playing a funky, melodic tone. Respectable is not really his 'style' and the fact that can so easily adapt the to the groove of the song shows his versatility. It's funny, I don't even know if Mayer had ever heard of Mick Taylor (I'm sure he's met him now), but he is the closest thing to Taylor I've ever heard. You never know where, in any given song, he could go. He can play the blues, he can swing, he can be funky, but he also has that touch of 'pretty', (think Winter, Can't You Hear..very Mayeresque) like Taylor. And line MT, he has an effortless touch. I would love to hear him on a Stones record . I think Mick J. could find some great melodies working with JM on guitar in the studio.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-24 07:53 by stupidguy2.

Date: June 24, 2014 08:02

JMARKO
CanYouHearTheMusic
JMARKO

It's kind of ludicrous to have had Bruce Springsteen guest on Tumbling Dice more often than Mick Taylor on this world tour.

J

What's more ludicrous is that claim. Springsteen has guested on that song *twice* yet we've gotten Taylor every single night of the tour except one (if you call all the dates since 2012 one tour). confused smiley

I'm hoping there is a misunderstanding of language here. My point is that Springsteen has played on "Tumbling Dice" more than Mick Taylor has played on "Tumbling Dice" on this tour. That Taylor has been there every night only highlights my point, actually.

And, yes, I understand SOL was a hit in Italy. Not arguing the inclusion of it in the setlist, per se.

Yeah, I totally got what you meant much later after I had logged off. Oops! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 24, 2014 08:12

Loving how Rambler is evolving every show, notice new parts in almost every show. Charlie is really shaking it up, playing bits I've never heard before.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2014 09:21

Thanks so much for posting those black and white pictures, bye bye johnny--I love b&w photography, it's so timeless. smiling smiley Plus those are just really great anyway.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home