Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Rome Italy 22 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: janathmer ()
Date: June 23, 2014 14:58

winos
I've tried to listen to John Mayer but I think he is the most overrated musician (apart from Coldplay) going around. If the Stones needed another special guest Mick T would've run rings around Mayer!
Just listen to his guest appearance during Respectable (2013 or 2012).Mayer is an excellent guitarist!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 23, 2014 14:58

andrea66
Got back to the hotel very late. After few hours of rest I can only say that the show was good ad usual. I am not intrested to remark if htw was better in paris rather than Lisbona etc etc, what i like of this band is that their level is high since 52 years, and that they play with pride and dignity. A testa alta, as we say in italy. i don't think it is easy, and it costs a lot of efforts and energies. So, once again, thank you Stones!

Tell me, did your son liked the concert? Could he deal with the mass, waiting and the heat? Could he see anything at all?
(I take my 10 year son to TW for his first Stones-concert, any tips you like to share?)

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:05

DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
I thought Keith uses a Gibson on LStNT, but ... okay, wrong again! :E

That was back in 1967 winking smiley

Come to think of it, maybe on SAL as well?

Oh don't be foolish, Dande my sweet — he wasn't playing SAL in 1967!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:09

winos
I've tried to listen to John Mayer but I think he is the most overrated musician (apart from Coldplay) going around.

He's a complete nobody in most European territories... whereas Joe Bonnamassa is reasonably famous here. Miiiiiiick did you pick the wrong horse?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:26

[www.youtube.com] Gimme Shelter gives me goosebumps once more, what a song! It's getting better and better!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:27

winos
I've tried to listen to John Mayer but I think he is the most overrated musician (apart from Coldplay) going around. If the Stones needed another special guest Mick T would've run rings around Mayer!

I agree. Wayne Perkins is still around, why not him??

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:27

dcba
winos
I've tried to listen to John Mayer but I think he is the most overrated musician (apart from Coldplay) going around.

He's a complete nobody in most European territories... whereas Joe Bonnamassa is reasonably famous here. Miiiiiiick did you pick the wrong horse?

I think Mayer saved that version of Respectable. Mick and the band sounds flat until Mayer kicks in with the solo. Respectable needs to be played faster on most of the live versions I have heard.

I saw John Mayer live on a bill with Sheryl Crow years ago. I was there with friends, just kind of along for the ride and a night out, and had zero desire to sit thru John Mayer. Sheryl Crow played first and I was set to leave when we decided to stay and catch the start of Mayer's set. The guy can play, had a great band, great interaction with the crowd. In two hours I went from thinking Mayer was a lightweight 'pop' star to a serious blues guitarist.

Date: June 23, 2014 15:30

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
I thought Keith uses a Gibson on LStNT, but ... okay, wrong again! :E

That was back in 1967 winking smiley

Come to think of it, maybe on SAL as well?

Oh don't be foolish, Dande my sweet — he wasn't playing SAL in 1967!

LOL! No, he didn't grinning smiley

Nor did he play LSTNT on the SAL-shows (which I believed, for some reason confused smiley ), although he used a white Gibson on LSTNT on the same tour winking smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:35

dcba
winos

No. I would rather the stones (and similar artists) help unknown/ young musicians. Support bands and acts are an amazing way to find out about new musicians. Many Italians yesterday commented how they enjoyed mayers set and would investigate further. That's what it is all about.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:40

What gesture make Keith at 1.38? Everybody laughing after that.
PATRIAL INTRO, PARTIAL YGTS
[www.youtube.com]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:44

dcba
winos

He's huuuuuge in Holland & Germany, I believe...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:51

KRiffhard
winos

He's still owed royalties for Black and Blue............winking smiley

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:51

winos

If you haven't seen it I suggest you check out John Mayers live DVD "where the light is". But of course, we all have different taste in music. But to say Mayer is overrated is in my opinion wrong. He is a great musician and a very good guitarplayer....smiling smiley

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:53

There is something very cool about seeing Taylor playing on the more recent tunes.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:00

Stonesfan2146
[www.youtube.com] Gimme Shelter gives me goosebumps once more, what a song! It's getting better and better!

I wish I could say the same. The part we're not allowed to talk about because criticism is now labeled as hate is still terrible.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:13

Seems like a great show! Beautiful venue, city.
Will look for more reviews.

One question: Did people in the FOS have room to breathe or move
or was it sardine time?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 16:18 by angee.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:18

Niek
[www.youtube.com]
u
Might be when he throw away his cigarette.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:23

Niek
andrea66
Got back to the hotel very late. After few hours of rest I can only say that the show was good ad usual. I am not intrested to remark if htw was better in paris rather than Lisbona etc etc, what i like of this band is that their level is high since 52 years, and that they play with pride and dignity. A testa alta, as we say in italy. i don't think it is easy, and it costs a lot of efforts and energies. So, once again, thank you Stones!

Tell me, did your son liked the concert? Could he deal with the mass, waiting and the heat? Could he see anything at all?
(I take my 10 year son to TW for his first Stones-concert, any tips you like to share?)
Yes, he liked. We got there at 3.30 and i was worried 'cause the waiting was really long. It was Also hot and with many people, but we found a nice spot on the 'hill' on the left if the stage - ronnie side. At the end he was exhausted, he knew most of the songs and he sat down during respectable, can't be seen and htw. During a mick taylor solo he told me :' he is very good'. Maybe a sign that he has a good taste? As I told you, at the end he was totally tired, but very happy. Out of the Stones hotel saturday chuck leavell gave him 2 plettrum of keith richards, and this really Made the difference. He helped him a lot to get totally involved . So at the end it was ok, even if a normal stadium venue would have been better for him. And what about your experience

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:28

I only forgot to add that I still think that the venue was risky. In case of heavy summer rainstorm like last week, i cannot imagine what could have happened to all the thousands of people on the 'Hill' with slippery mud and grass. I cannot even try to think about that..

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:34

fahthree
Stonesfan2146

I wish I could say the same. The part we're not allowed to talk about because criticism is now labeled as hate is still terrible.

Actually this specific execution of the song goes "back" towards the Hyde Park 2013 versions. And - while the quality of the sound of this recording is really superb (for an audience recording) the songs layers sound a bit messed up, occasionally, at least to my ears.

That's as far as the people playing instruments are concerned.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:48

Bastion

Nice shot from Dusseldorf. Thanks.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 23, 2014 17:00

AMAZING, Marth Tuesday is my hero, longest day of the year, beautiful Rome, young crowd full of energy, loved it, will come back with proper story

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 23, 2014 17:00

Just got to my hostel room here in Plaza Mayor area of Madrid.
Late afternoon here on a lovely sunny day and about 28C.

Had a read through all 10 page's, and I would have been happy with everything about that show if I were there.
It sounds as if every show is well up to their really high standards and also differant enough to please most of us.

Your never gonna get, in these venues, a change in second half of show,but first half can have a few surprises.

Can't blame them for that as 95% of audience will only see one show of this tour, and they wanna hear the old favourites....................and I can't blame 'em. winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 23, 2014 17:07

So glad you and Martha had a great time in Rome, Andreea. smileys with beer

Just arrived in. Madrid and gonna get out and about and maybe watch the Spain v Australia footy match at 6pm in a nice Spanish bar.

Can't wait till my next Rolling Stones gig at the Bernebau Stadium. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: June 23, 2014 17:20

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 17:57

janathmer
winos
Just listen to his guest appearance during Respectable (2013 or 2012).Mayer is an excellent guitarist!

Yep,
Some can't get passed the 'pop' label, but Mayer is the only guitarist in music today that constantly surprises me. He has Taylor's melodic inventiveness mixed with bluesy roots and, as Jules Holland says, he's got that 'boogie muscle'. He can swing.
I'd love to see the Stones get more creative and let him play with Taylor on YCAGWYW.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 23, 2014 18:38

Niek
[www.youtube.com]

...what song/ video?
That Youtube-link doesn't seem to work (anymore?)...

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 19:27

EddieByword
KRiffhard
winos

He's still owed royalties for Black and Blue............winking smiley

And Tattoo You probably too

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 23, 2014 20:00

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 23, 2014 20:05

DandelionPowderman
LOL! No, he didn't grinning smiley

Nor did he play LSTNT on the SAL-shows (which I believed, for some reason confused smiley ),
although he used a white Gibson on LSTNT on the same tour winking smiley

Ahh, I feel vindicated! One of my favourite feelings - thank you thank you Dandelion P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 20:06 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home