Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

14 On Fire shows filmed/recorded
Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: June 22, 2014 12:50

Hi People!

I was wondering if anybody noticed same information as glued to railings in Waldbuhne about filming and recording the show in other venues on this tour?

I thing that Waldbuhne would be a great choice for future releases as it was
in my opinion clearly the most unique place to see the Stones in Europe this
year. Cheers!

Re: 14 On Fire shows filmed/recorded
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 22, 2014 13:00

Maybe a compilation of songs from different shows? If they just release one show it would be very similar to last years Hyde Park release set list wise. Unless, they mix it the hell up tonight in Rome?!

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: June 22, 2014 13:15

If they´re doing a live DVD, I hope there will be footage from Pinkpop on it - from the concerts I´ve seen so far from the European Tour, Pinkpop was the best one. A perfect mood, a perfect band. ;-) But in the end, I think they´ll do some kind of "best of" DVD of the tour with the highlights from different shows.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 22, 2014 13:21

Setlists matter - and for that aspect the typical 14OfEU show is pretty much identical to July 2014 HP SSS DVD + for that one they hired, in the first place, special crews to create that DVD. There is no "special" historic show this tour that justifies a separate DVD. Wonder what would be their out of the sleeve trick this time? I would bet on a DVD with a collection of "best songs" from many/all shows of this tour.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 22, 2014 13:24

I reckon it will be a DVD or box set of the European Tour or perhaps a 4 DVD set starting in Abu Dhabi and finishing in South America next year.

It's gonna be something good. thumbs up

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 22, 2014 13:27

jacollini
Hi People!

I was wondering if anybody noticed same information as glued to railings in Waldbuhne about filming and recording the show in other venues on this tour?

year. Cheers!

That same information was in Oslo too.

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: June 22, 2014 13:28

A new DVD every year... Please release some vintage stuff !

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 22, 2014 13:31

They missed a trick with a nice boxset of the 02 shows, they are the ones I'd like to see in professional quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-22 13:32 by Rollin92.

Date: June 22, 2014 13:50

The Worst.
jacollini
Hi People!

year. Cheers!

That same information was in Oslo too.

Also in Paris.......

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 22, 2014 14:48

Rollin92
They missed a trick with a nice boxset of the 02 shows, they are the ones I'd like to see in professional quality.

Agreed. Throw in 12/13 Newark with Around And Around plus Respectable w/ John Mayer.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 22, 2014 16:23

Wroclaw
There is no "special" historic show this tour that justifies a separate DVD

If they do a Rock & Roll Circus Maximus that would be pretty special :E
Rumour has it they've always meant to re-do their set, right? So maybe they will tonight

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 22, 2014 16:35

with sssoul
Wroclaw

Rumour has it they've always meant to re-do their set, right? So maybe they will tonight

Well - its a very historic location - but not historic "Stones wise" as HP gig's were, or like playing Altamont (assuming...), Knebworth, Glastonbury or just a super mega gig like Copa Cabana beach.

If they issue another SSS they take the risk of being ridiculed by those top writers in Amazon's review column. And for good reasons.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 22, 2014 16:37

Our friends from Rockerparis posted this yesterday on their Facebook page:

"@ the St Regis hotel in Roma with the ROLLING STONES, we had à chat with Mick Taylor,who was Very nice,we saw Charlie but could not See the others... The band left the hotel tonight probably to rehearse at the Circo Maximo as tomorrow´s show is recorded for à future DVD".

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: June 22, 2014 16:42

the stones are playing all major festivals. the ones they always turned down. PINKPOP WERCHTER GLASTONBURY , and coming ROSKILDE ... They have a contract with eaglerock to release a few dvd's .. thats why all rules are so strictly concerning live coverage of a concert on TV.

my absolute favorite on official bluray would be the uncut original KNEBWORTH SHOW

DECCA61

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 22, 2014 18:19

As the songs don't differ much they choose the most interesting/ nice places.
Like Berlin,Rome etc. Unfortunately those are not always the best gigs.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 22, 2014 18:29

Wroclaw
with sssoul
Wroclaw

Rumour has it they've always meant to re-do their [Rock & Roll Circus] set, right? So maybe they will tonight

Well - its a very historic location - but not historic "Stones wise" as HP gigs were ...

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant a Rock & Roll Circus II at the Circus Maximus. Never mind!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 22, 2014 18:41

They should just release a 3 DVD set with 2/3 songs from
every night. Or they should sell each show by demand. I´d love
to get an official pro-shot of Berlin and Paris. Don´t need no
Scorsese drama, just what was filmed by the cameramen.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 22, 2014 19:04

TooTough
Don´t need no Scorsese drama, just what was filmed by the cameramen.

And just what was recorded (no overdubs ?)

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 22, 2014 19:50

They haven't release an overdub-free live album since... pfff... grinning smiley

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: June 23, 2014 08:17

Düsseldorf need to be released. Stadium with closed roof. Keiths riffs sharp and loud as a knife and overall good playing!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 23, 2014 08:58

DECCA61
the stones are playing all major festivals. the ones they always turned down. PINKPOP WERCHTER GLASTONBURY , and coming ROSKILDE ... They have a contract with eaglerock to release a few dvd's .. thats why all rules are so strictly concerning live coverage of a concert on TV.

my absolute favorite on official bluray would be the uncut original KNEBWORTH SHOW

DECCA61

and...........El Mocambo, Paris aux abattoirs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Stockholm, July 1 with very special guest Jeroen !!!

Jeroen

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 23, 2014 09:51

I don't see now any other shows would be different, or an upgrade, to Hyde Park, which was lame at best. It's the first time since Let It Bleed that I didn't buy a new Stones product. I actually waited until it was available at my local library, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

There is no new product to sell unless they mix up the setlist. The original Stones sound is just about toast, excepting for Mick. I will admit they are amazing though, because I think there's a schism growing between older fans and younger ones. The younger ones seem to have caught on to the Stones at a later point and they're much more forgiving, accepting the post Wyman Stones as the real deal, or at least the group they know. They haven't burned out on the warhorses yet like a sizeable part of the hardcore fan base has.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 23, 2014 12:58

If they make a "Stones with Mick Taylor" dvd (only containing Midnight Rambler, Silver Train and whatever he played on), I will buy it.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 23, 2014 13:44

jacollini

Maybe this information was only given because of the 1-minute youtube videos they are uploading on the official channel?

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 23, 2014 15:16

I do not believe they are bring out a new live dvd or cd.
Now a days every concert is available on the bootleg market.(dvd&cd)
Remember Hyde Park "Sweet Summer Sun" is out not even a year ago.
Don't expect new ones. (IMO)
I'm waiting for a compleet Knebworth DVD,(official release)

tioms,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 18:40 by tioms.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:16

dcba
They haven't release an overdub-free live album since... pfff... grinning smiley[/quote
Shine a light ost, their last live record before Hyde park.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 23, 2014 16:32

I don't think they will put out another concert DVD for this tour because of the "Sweet Summer Sun"-release and because they didn't play a venue twice like they did "shine a light" and "sweet summer sun".

But what they could do is a kind of documentary with songs from different shows and the rehearsels (we know from the promo videos that some of them have been filmed too), and some short interview snippets in between the songs. Something like "Stripped".

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 23, 2014 18:49

Every show they do is filmed and recorded.
But for themselves as a whole for their own rolling stones collection.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home