Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: The Black Keys
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 8, 2014 18:25

Reckon if I made a new thread it would get merged here for some reason. Jack White will release a White Stripes live album of 31 tracks later this year.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 8, 2014 19:11

Bastion
Reckon if I made a new thread it would get merged here for some reason. Jack White will release a White Stripes live album of 31 tracks later this year.

[www.nme.com]

Think I will pick that one upsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:08

BluzDude
Bastion

[www.nme.com]

Think I will pick that one upsmiling bouncing smiley

You need to join the Vault to get it, so make sure you get in before the deadline. smiling smiley

(Lots of exclusive Stripes stuff to be had via the Vault, along with other stuff, nearly all worth getting.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 01:18 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:22

Jack White's Pittsburgh show is sold out. Cheapest online scalper ticket is ~$140. Worth it for this tour?

Date: July 9, 2014 01:23

Yes. (Nothing else to say, just totally yes.)

I'll be there, btw, and I have a friend who as of now has a spare ticket. Want me to put you in touch?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-09 01:25 by Aquamarine.

Date: July 9, 2014 01:57

Thank you for the offer. I needed 2 tickets. Stubhub had 2 for $112 each. So I went with them.

I said that I'd never use Stubhub again. I feel like a jerk.

Excited though and Stage AE is a pretty cool place to see a show!!!

Date: July 9, 2014 02:12

It'll be an amazing show, see you there! smiling smiley

Date: July 9, 2014 02:57

Aquamarine
It'll be an amazing show, see you there! smiling smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 10, 2015 20:13

Couldn't find a more recent thread, thought we had one though, oh well...

So after the cancelled their European tour due to the drummer's "surfing accident", Auerbach is back with "The Arcs". They've just released a pretty cool album, apparently belonging to the "Psychedelic Soul" genre, whatever that is...Richard Swift whose 2009 "The Atlantic Ocean" album was really cool, is also part of that band. Anyway they're touring Europe this fall and I'll try to catch them in Paris !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 10, 2015 20:33

Don't like their rock style. I prefer other groups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-10 20:34 by pepganzo.

Posted by: SL818 ()
Date: September 10, 2015 20:43

stonehearted
<<Now I get Jack White's complaint, they sound like a really watered down version of The White Stripes.>>

At least they have a drummer who can play play drums.

Q: Exactly what were the White Stripes anyway? A: Jack White wanting to call himself a group.

Q: Why did Jack White leave the White Stripes? A: Because there was nothing for him to leave.

the black keys are a lot better than jack white.

very good songwriting and performance.

i agree the last album was not as good as the two records before though.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 03:43

I dig both White and Black.

The Keys last album takes a while to get. And often my favorite albums take me a while to peel away the layers and get it. Turn Blue is a great psychedelic soul album with a lot of depth. Deep groves of trances, dances, and glittery shimmer. Bullet in the Head is class trance rock. Starts of smokey and blue and evolves into a lovely full tilt rocker.

White's last album was good, but also a bit pretentious. That is my main gripe with the boy. He can go a bit far up his own ego. But the man is brilliant, and has a very titled lens on life.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 11, 2015 08:43

Just ordered 'Yours, Dreamily' by the The Arcs, a new side project from Dan Auerbach. It's allready available on Spotify. Check it out!

If you dig the the Black Keys and the Dr. John album 'Locked Down' (produced by Auerbach), you're in for a treat!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 10:07

I read Mick say, "I'm listening to the Black Keys." And then I heard (and loved) Doom and Gloom and thought, "Mick got the Stones to do their version of the Black Keys' Lonely Boy, but better." (And I love Lonely Boy.)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 12, 2015 12:15

Ok, I'm in for their show in Paris, should be cool !

Gotta say, playing with the Stones does bring you a new audience, don't think I would have paid as much attention to the Keys or to Gary Clark had it not been for that ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-12 16:25 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 12, 2015 15:34

mr edward
Just ordered 'Yours, Dreamily' by the The Arcs, a new side project from Dan Auerbach. It's allready available on Spotify. Check it out!

If you dig the the Black Keys and the Dr. John album 'Locked Down' (produced by Auerbach), you're in for a treat!

They are both nice works, would be cool if Auerbach did something with Richards or the Stones in the studio! thumbs up

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 22, 2021 01:55

yeah

Date: April 22, 2021 08:44

The Black Keys lost me years ago, after loving their early albums, but I'm back in for this one.

Date: April 22, 2021 16:55

Title5Take1
I read Mick say, "I'm listening to the Black Keys." And then I heard (and loved) Doom and Gloom and thought, "Mick got the Stones to do their version of the Black Keys' Lonely Boy, but better." (And I love Lonely Boy.)
iggy did a cool version of it

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: April 22, 2021 19:23

Thanks Nils for the tip on the Kingsnake song. Love the Black Keys. Still bummed that their tour with Gary Clarke Jr. slated for last summer was cancelled. Had tickets for their Southern California shows. Hope they reschedule.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2021 20:46

Black Keys also lost me years ago...this clip is ok but not enough for me to jump back on the bandwagon in 'full fist pump'.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 23, 2021 00:53

I tried to get into them years ago per someone's recommendation but I just didn't like them - that was many years ago, I don't remember specifics. but I have no interest in trying again!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 16, 2021 22:54

I dig this

Date: May 17, 2021 00:00

My copy of the album arrived last week and is already in heavy rotation. Much closer to the feel of the early Black Keys, which I loved, when they were still playing small clubs.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: May 17, 2021 08:40

I bought the vinyl version of the album last saturday. It’s pressed on 2 LP’s, so you get 4 sides of gorgeous sounding Black Keys ‘live in the studio’, paying tribute to their blues heroes.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2021 10:32

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home