Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Düsseldorf 19 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:35

laertisflash
leatherjacket:
"dirty, loud, lot of mistakes, mystic, iconic, THE ROLLING STONES !!"

If we must to know what exactly "lot of mistakes" means, as for Stones concerts, we have to listen to many boots from 1978, or even from 1981/82. Compared to those, we have an almost "perfection area" nowdays...

Judging from the clips, Dusseldorf really excellent gig. Another one!
+1

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:36

Thecitadel wrote:
"On this form its a pity they finish Europe in only a couple of weeks - they really should carry on. Passion like this cannot be wasted."

On the other hand, the particular touring model (set of 14- 18 gigs, long break, new set, etc) seems to keep the band in the form you mention. At their age, we couldn't have 40 european concerts in a row. They still have tons of energy but let them save some powers...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:42

laertisflash
Thecitadel wrote:
"On this form its a pity they finish Europe in only a couple of weeks - they really should carry on. Passion like this cannot be wasted."

On the other hand, the particular touring model (set of 14- 18 gigs, long break, new set, etc) seems to keep the band in the form you mention. At their age, we couldn't have 40 european concerts in a row. They still have tons of energy but let them save some powers...
Sure you are right. It's a miracle that we still have The Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 10:42 by 1962.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:46

Terrific indeed! What camera did you use?

Street Fighting Man - love it, the Stones winging it, hehe, who else does that these days ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:52

carlorossi
ThatsWhatISay

Mick also made some really funny jokes in German which got great response from the audience.

Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

You sound like an ex-parrot. winking smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 20, 2014 11:32

SFM! would've been worth going just to see that
drinking smiley

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 20, 2014 11:35

gotdablouse

Terrific indeed! What camera did you use?

Street Fighting Man - love it, the Stones winging it, hehe, who else does that these days ;-)

I used a Sony DSC HX20V It's a commpact. I love it for it's zoom and stableisation when filming. For taking Picture I'd stronly prefer a Lumix. The Sony is slow and weak.

Date: June 20, 2014 11:53

Interesting I have the same camera ;-) Got it for HP2 (I had the HX5V before which was good too but has dust in the lens) where it worked pretty well and I used it again in Paris where I got some nice shots. I'm not too happy with its "auto" modes though so I use manual. The HX5V had poor sound (couldn't cope with loud music) but the HX20V is definitely better although not as good as the best ever IMHO, the Panasonic TZ-7.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 20, 2014 11:53

What a show last night! Great sound and view from the catwalk fos1. Setlist surprises in the first half ofy the show. And finally they did a great version of SFM.Keith was excellent despite his "moment" in CBS. Ronnie's solo on WAY blew me away. I am happy and grateful to have been at this show. The band really rocked the house last night! Can't wait for STOCKHOLM!!!!!

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: June 20, 2014 11:57

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for Dusseldorf by chance, when a friend of a friend opted out due to vacation obligations and sold me his.

Concerning the show, I watched it with mixed emotions. It was really moving to watch these five (six) survivors simply refusing the signs of age and rock on as if nothing could stop them. But you really could feel it was something of a farewell, which made me stand there with a lump in my throat in the end.

Ronnie was in really good shape, Mick put all his amazing energy into his performance, Charly seemed solid as a rock (as ever) and Keith... well he did mess up Honky Tonk Woman, which I had never seen him doing before, but he was irresistibly charming (as ever), unperturbed by his limitations and obviously enjoying himself.

Mick Taylor came on and left without any big notice by the band, which seemed kind of odd to me. Needless to say I was amazed, seeing him play, but to me his licks on Midnight Rambler weren't especially inspired. To me it was Ronnie who stole the show here with an impassionate solo after Mick Taylor's spot. And, of course the slow section was a pleasure to watch, as it always is, with Keith & Ronnie stroking their strings, big smiles on their faces.

Highlights from my point of view: Worried about You, Street Fighting Man (fan vote - I'd have preferred Just My Imagination, but they performed SFM with so much energy that it was a pleasure to watch). Further Highlight: It's Only Rock'n'Roll (where Keith seemingly blossomed).

Due to the roofed arena the sound wasn't exactly top notch and the mix was a bit strange with Keith's and Ronnies Guitars going at high volume - every stroke sounded like a big sudden burst (a bit like in the Scorsese Movie). And, strangely Charlie's drums were sometimes barely audible.

So they did it once again and left the audience wanting more. And I'm thinking: What's coming next - after Australia? There must be a life for the Stones when the big stadium tours are over. Rock on? Growing old gracefully? I suggest: try both!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 12:22 by Greenblues.

smileys with beerRe: Düsseldorf 19 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 12:00

most time i read in this forum but i have to give my 2 cents now:

Yesterday was really a special gig in Düsseldorf! Amazing, @#$%& brilliant and maybe the best Rolling Stones i've seen in my "career" (just 15 since 1990).

I'm feeling so glad and proud for being there yesterday night.
My favorites:

LSTNT
WaY
GS
SFM
MR...

and all the others...smiling bouncing smiley

I made some videos too and will bring them later.

Date: June 20, 2014 12:35

Greenblues
I was lucky enough to get a ticket for Dusseldorf by chance, when a friend of a friend opted out due to vacation obligations and sold me his.

Concerning the show, I watched it with mixed emotions. It was really moving to watch these five (six) survivors simply refusing the signs of age and rock on as if nothing could stop them. But you really could feel it was something of a farewell, which made me stand there with a lump in my throat in the end.

Ronnie was in really good shape, Mick put all his amazing energy into his performance, Charly seemed solid as a rock (as ever) and Keith... well he did mess up Honky Tonk Woman, which I had never seen him doing before, but he was irresistibly charming (as ever), unperturbed by his limitations and obviously enjoying himself.

Mick Taylor came on and left without any big notice by the band, which seemed kind of odd to me. Needless to say I was amazed, seeing him play, but to me his licks on Midnight Rambler weren't especially inspired. To me it was Ronnie who stole the show here with an impassionate solo after Mick Taylor's spot. And, of course the slow section was a pleasure to watch, as it always is, with Keith & Ronnie stroking their strings, big smiles on their faces.

Highlights from my point of view: Worried about You, Street Fighting Man (fan vote - I'd have preferred Just My Imagination, but they performed SFM with so much energy that it was a pleasure to watch). Further Highlight: It's Only Rock'n'Roll (where Keith seemingly blossomed).

Due to the roofed arena the sound wasn't exactly top notch and the mix was a bit strange with Keith's and Ronnies Guitars going at high volume - every stroke sounded like a big sudden burst (a bit like in the Scorsese Movie). And, strangely Charlie's drums were sometimes barely audible.

So they did it once again and left the audience wanting more. And I'm thinking: What's coming next - after Australia? There must be a life for the Stones when the big stadium tours are over. Rock on? Growing old gracefully? I suggest: try both!

Nice review, bit of a lump too now...but spot on, as Mick once said it can't last forever obviously, but when you see them on stage they make you feel like you haven't changed since you first saw them and/or first started listening to them and I suspect they feel somewhat the same too, if not they wouldn't bother at this point in the game. It also raises the question of how many more times you need/want to see them live...like, "should I catch another show on this tour?"...there's going to have be a last time anyway.

--------------

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 12:47

They rocked till they exploded yesterday.
My ears are messed up, man were they loud!

I love them how they are interacting, with OOC an MY as highlights!

I was standing 1.FOS left, at the rail around B-stage.
Was it the Ruhrpotters or were there way too much people in there?
During the intro a woman in front of me had to be removed by security because she faked being crippled. During IORR two others fainted after smoking pot (joked with a Dutch sbout germans not used to it). During the whole concert people were moaning with long faces against each other: "move your head to the left please", "put your camera down", etc.
People-wise this was easily the least relaxed venue I have been to in a long long time.

But hey, bad news is no news. I was happier than ever to see the best rockers in the world!!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 20, 2014 12:52

little queenie
SFM! would've been worth going just to see that
drinking smiley

Exactly! I was so much hoping this to be played in Vienna.. We got GOOMC, and this is so much more the Stones for my taste!

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 20, 2014 12:59

shattered1978
They rocked till they exploded yesterday.
My ears are messed up, man were they loud!

I love them how they are interacting, with OOC an MY as highlights!

I was standing 1.FOS left, at the rail around B-stage.
Was it the Ruhrpotters or were there way too much people in there?
During the intro a woman in front of me had to be removed by security because she faked being crippled. During IORR two others fainted after smoking pot (joked with a Dutch sbout germans not used to it). During the whole concert people were moaning with long faces against each other: "move your head to the left please", "put your camera down", etc.
People-wise this was easily the least relaxed venue I have been to in a long long time.

But hey, bad news is no news. I was happier than ever to see the best rockers in the world!!

ha-ha... a work collegue of mine is a native of Koln... cant wait for sunday to read her the complains about Dusseldorf crowds...smiling smiley Koln people are known for their attitude with Dusseldorf... or so they say.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:02

looking good....we still have years and years to go...
i remember my own childhood in 80´s...i thought they are old....

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:11

shattered1978
"put your camera down", etc.

I don't want to be a whiner, but that can be very annoying. At the pinkpop festival there was the guy in front of me, he must have taken 500 pictures. Always in my sight. If you take a picture or two or 10, ok. But the entire gig? Every single moment? You really irritate people. Plus, you don't enjoy the gig if you're only interested in your photographs.

Man, I hate that guy.

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:23

Nice concert,but have to say, not the best...
Mick Taylor looked so bored and sad, dont
know whats going on with him...what a pitysad smiley

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:29

Mimi73
Nice concert,but have to say, not the best...
Mick Taylor looked so bored and sad, dont
know whats going on with him...what a pitysad smiley
Probably because he's only playing one song a night? Two if you want to count the strumming on Satisfaction.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:38

BowieStone
shattered1978
"put your camera down", etc.

I don't want to be a whiner, but that can be very annoying. At the pinkpop festival there was the guy in front of me, he must have taken 500 pictures. Always in my sight. If you take a picture or two or 10, ok. But the entire gig? Every single moment? You really irritate people. Plus, you don't enjoy the gig if you're only interested in your photographs.

Man, I hate that guy.

Totally agree with you, BowieStone.
Normally I'll take about 10-20 pictures. I don't want to annoye someone who's behind my. Yesterday I didn't used my camera at all during the concert. And I fully enjoyed the concert. I don't have memories in the sense of pictures taken by myself, I have memories in my mind of a wonderfull concert. And if I want to see some pictures, I will find them somewhere on the internet.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:51

Great Gig, very loud, sharp and dirty guitars (1.FOS, left side)! It was a pleasure to hear some bumps (MJ at BS and Keith on Can´t be seen - I think the teleprompter @#$%& uptongue sticking out smiley), but nobody around me noticed that, I think! Great version of SFM, funny to watch, that they needed about 2 minutes to end it ...

But yes, the pit was packed and some strange folks in there ...

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:51

Seen a vid at YT of GS. Seems it was rather "plain". Flat. Do not know why: they seemed to pour so much into it in recent shows.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:53

FOS 2 was too crowded though....my worst tickets till now

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:55

I haven't taken a camera to a gig for years and my phone is old with no camera or screen etc.

Got a blackberry PlayBook,but wouldn't get through security so leave at hotel on showday.

I get my enjoyment from being at the gig and looking at all the great pics and reports on IORR the following day.

I always put my own comments about every gig I see, but not always a detailed report. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 20, 2014 14:29

Wroclaw
andrewt
Wroclaw
F&cking super MR! and Ronnie stormed it at the end again. Also very good video, visually, and we can aee Charlie all through the song and admire his style. Thank you!

Ronnie's solo at the end of MR seems to have really kicked into gear on this European leg of the tour, hasn't it?

I've really been digging that.

Yeah but... don't wanna be caught with blethphamy, so lets not make too much waves...

smoking smiley

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: June 20, 2014 14:36

An excellent show and well worth the trip from Manchester.

Queued from about 2.30 and managed to get on the rail on Ronnie's side. That's after running like the clappers when the doors opened. God that was knackering.

Probably the loudest Stones concert I have been to. I recall years ago (in the 70s maybe?) a reviewer talking about Keef chords slicing your head off. I never really felt that until last night.

A few observations from the front row:

The messing up of Brown Sugar with no third verse at all. Mick singing the chorus and the band playing the verse. Mick was right over the left hand part of the stage at the time. I could see Keith shout to Chuck, "he's singing the chorus and we're playing the verse!".

I don't think they messed up the end of Street Fighting Man. Chuck gestured to end it, but Keith seemed to shout to keep going as he was it so into it. Good to see him taking control of the band.

Some nice interaction between Mick and Keith at the end of Out of Control when Mick was playing harmonica.

High point over all: Worried About You and Ronnie's solo. Brilliant.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 20, 2014 14:57

Yum, how can you not root for a tape of the show now...
Thx Edith!

Date: June 20, 2014 15:16

That's gotta be one of the best versions of Doom And Gloom ever?

Great rendition of Worried About You as well thumbs up

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 15:22

dcba
Yum, how can you not root for a tape of the show now...
Thx Edith!

everything is captured in good quality, dont worry ;-)

Posted by: lox ()
Date: June 20, 2014 15:24

Great, great concert! Of the 7 shows I saw since 2012, this one is easily number 2 (after London, o2 #2). I must say that I am quite surprised by the less than enthusiastic reactions of some, but I think this concert was much better than Berlin! I really enjoyed the setlist changes, "Let's spend the night together", "Worried About You" and "Streetfighting Man" among the first seven songs, who can ask for more? Simply fantastic Versions as well! The mood on stage was excellent, everyone involved (Mick T., too!)Speaking of: another outsatnding "Midnight Rambler", which currently clocks in about 13-14 minutes. Even though the place was packed, the mood in FOS 1. left was relaxed and nobody seemed to mind me taking some pictures...

What a fantastic night...

Edit: I would have prefered to include all pictures in one post, but that didn't work, somehow. I hope you don't mind!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home