Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Düsseldorf 19 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Heaven ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:31

Worried about you guitar solo and some vocals

Date: June 20, 2014 00:37

andrewt
Heaven
DandelionPowderman
sodapop
Set list is a given snoozer with a +/- 1 either way for a slight variance...

I tune in these days just to see if any true reports stay up long to read before they are cleansed from the Tiger Beat content most of these posts have.

Keith Richards trying to play, look raunchy....still.....is a bad joke.

And what do you post here, apart from Keith bashing?
Exactely! WTF
Leave it out! Bashing Keith is lame and low. Bad joke my ass. WTH!

Keith bashing requires technical expertise and discipline in addition to natural talent. It is recommended that bashers post in the minor threads for a year or so to build up some experience before hitting the big leagues.

Supposedly even then they would still be talking out of their ass.
Bashing Keith is just wrong. Even if Chuck Berry did it. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Rolling Stones - Düsseldorf, 19 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:38

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 00:48 by bye bye johnny.

Date: June 20, 2014 00:41

Hopefully someone is gonna post a video of Let's Spend the Night Together on YouTube. That would be nice. And Street Fighting Man, of course. That would be even better.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:44

Great gig. Some minor f"""" ups - eg Mick in Brown Sugar. But everyone on stage in a good mood. Although the sound was terrible.
Great ron solo on Worried and some really nice interaction between Keith and Ron.
Great interaction between the two Micks on Rambler.
And although they forgot how to play SFM - that tune rocked!!!
My 11th gig and I still love them.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2014 00:53

Good concert, some setlist changes. Securityy blew balls for a few reasons, not just what I listed below.

LSTNT, WAY, SFM were awesome to hear. Keith's set was very good again. CBS keeps getting better.

Very tired and was stuck in the middle of the floor. Tried to move upstairs to a seat, but no dice. Never had security tell me I couldn't downgrade a seat.

Schwonek, where were you at during the concert? When I was in the middle, near the catwalk, I thought the sound was phenom. Very loud and punchy guitars. When I moved to the back. The sound evened out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 00:56 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:01

andrewt
Heaven
DandelionPowderman
sodapop
Set list is a given snoozer with a +/- 1 either way for a slight variance...

I tune in these days just to see if any true reports stay up long to read before they are cleansed from the Tiger Beat content most of these posts have.

Keith Richards trying to play, look raunchy....still.....is a bad joke.

And what do you post here, apart from Keith bashing?
Exactely! WTF
Leave it out! Bashing Keith is lame and low. Bad joke my ass. WTH!

Keith bashing requires technical expertise and discipline in addition to natural talent. It is recommended that bashers post in the minor threads for a year or so to build up some experience before hitting the big leagues.

Best Keith ever!!! StonesTod would reckon his best effort since the 86' rehearsals...... Legendary.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:06

again with the scarf inside the shirt... KR the trendsetter? or forgot what order the clothes go on? or maybe both?

Date: June 20, 2014 01:09

I liked hearing Keiths b. vox on LSTNT. Would love for him to sing more.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:15

I just returned home from the concert. Too exhausted to write a comprehensive review, but let me say this: F**KING AWESOME CONCERT! Probably the best or second best of my 15 Stones concert. And that comes from a guy who is very critical when it comes to the Stones performing live.

The sound was loud and clear, very guitar driven. A thrill to listen to! My impression was that Keith did extremely well as did Mick and Ronnie. I couldn't hear the nuances since the sound was so loud, but with the exeption of some minor f*ckups this appeared to be a great performance.
The crowd was a little stiff, at least in the upper tier where I was, but they warmed up somewhat in the second half. Nonethess I could see in the people's eyes that they were enjoying themselves a lot.
Mick also made some really funny jokes in German which got great response from the audience.

Guys, this concert was a blast! I consider myself very fortunate that I was able to see the Stones one more time in such a great shape. They were exponentially better than in Düseldorf 2007. I won't complain about ticket prices anymore as I would pay this price anytime again without bashing an eyelash.

Rolling Stones - Düsseldorf, 19 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:20

Date: June 20, 2014 01:20

I kinda like it when people refer to f ups. It's LIVE, innit spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I can listen to a record or a cd anytime I want. but LIVE ... uh YEAH!

Date: June 20, 2014 01:25

Please come back again. It's not over til it's over.
And from what I've witnessed there will be more to come.
Thank YOU Rolling Stones for being who YOU are!
You make this world a better place for sure. cool smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:28

Just back at my hotel - totally knackered. To get to the front of the PIT required queuing from 3 pm, so standing until midnight. Phew. 9 hours non stop. German transport system back was excellent. Danke Schon Angela.

I'd bumped into Bernard F in the street yesterday evening and he commented, when asked, how the band was playing really well. Tonight demonstrated that Mr Fowler is a master of the understatement.

There were a few "mistakes" - incuding one from Mick on Brown Sugar. Any slip caused smiles and support from the rest of the band. Keith even said "follow me" during Can't be Seen - after I think his teleprompter stopped. Did they all forget how to end SFM?

But as I've said before, that cameraderie and looseness is what makes a great band, its what the Stones are all about. You can keep the clinically perfect arrangements and performances for Pink Floyd or One Direction.

If tonight was any pointer (or one direction....), the Stones are entering another awesome phase. Yes the setlists might be a bit more limited (very good tonight and a couple of surprises - but I'd have liked Sing This All Together - honest!).

But the spirit; the performance; the glances and asides; the power and looseness - all the things that separated the Stones from others who played the same type of music ; they are all on maximum volume through the drive channel.

Add in Mick as ever the consumate performer; Keith on brilliant form (and so so powerful in the open-tuning numbers); Ronnie playing manically (was he on heat or something else) and Charlie grinning like a cat. Awesome.

A couple of words about the terrible two who people on this forum love to hate. Chuck was playing some delightful stuff, especially on Miss You. He has a little less of a leader role when the rest are on this form, maybe giving him space to stretch out a bit. Lisa must have been reading some of the schoolboy comments here. She was belting it out in Germany; really top performance. No question she cuts the mustard (as we Brits say).

On this form its a pity they finish Europe in only a couple of weeks - they really should carry on. Passion like this cannot be wasted.

Oh and as usual I met some very nice folks - especially the Dutch couple behind me and Terje (I think thats how it is spelt). I enjoyed sharing such a great evening.

Re: Rolling Stones - Düsseldorf, 19 June 2014
Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:28

bye bye johnny

AWESOME!!! Thanks thumbs up

--------------------------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Date: June 20, 2014 01:29

Lots of people outside the hotel waiting for the band as they are leaving for the show

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:37

MingSubu

Schwonek, where were you at during the concert? When I was in the middle, near the catwalk, I thought the sound was phenom. Very loud and punchy guitars. When I moved to the back. The sound evened out.

I had seats on Keiths side towards the middle. Lots of echo. It felt like the Stones often had to struggle too with the sound. But - they did very well and didn't care! They and we had a blast.

Audience could have been a little more enthusiastic - but hey, it was Düsseldorf. What do you expect?

Date: June 20, 2014 01:39

Ronnie did a great solo on WAY.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-21 08:30 by bv.

Date: June 20, 2014 01:46

Ronnies Solo
MingSubu
Ronnie did a great solo on WAY.
Yes. Here it is again cool smiley

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:46

Video's will follow shortly

Date: June 20, 2014 01:47

BEAUTIFUL! Great pics. Thank you! cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 01:50 by Heaven.

Posted by: Leonardoperro ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:55

After bar?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:56

Love those pics of Keith and Ronnie! Which song was that? YGTS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 01:58 by Beast.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 20, 2014 01:58

HTW
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 02:08 by Testify.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:14

Beast

Miss You. They were dancing around Darryl when he had his moment in the spotlight.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:16

hallo everybody

I'm back.
Christmas and Birthday on one Day.
What a Show. Lets spend, Worried and Street Fighting Man.
A Fantassssssssssstic Sound.

One of my best Stones Shows ever .....

Posted by: Wolem ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:17

video: [youtu.be]
Worried about you

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 20, 2014 02:18

BowieStone
Beast

Miss You. They were dancing around Darryl when he had his moment in the spotlight.

Thanks - looks like they were having a lot of fun! That's an impression that comes across frequently on this tour, which is great for them and the audience alike.

Date: June 20, 2014 02:33

BowieStone
Beast

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outcool smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home