Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Vienna 16 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 23:00

Keith plays better than in 1973, 1978, 2006 and 2013 IMO. smoking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 18, 2014 23:05

Ladykiller
One of the videos, which I made.

Angie

Not a big fan of Angie, but the crowd singing along gave me goosebumps at the gig!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 18, 2014 23:16

powerage78
Keith plays better than in 1973, 1978, 2006 and 2013 IMO. smoking smiley

Pas mal... grinning smiley

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 18, 2014 23:37

Did anyone buy Wien poster, I wanted to buy it but they were 50€ - too much, I think I will just find some good quality picture and print it myself.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 18, 2014 23:55

Loved your reviews zgubi........Andreea, of Vienna gig and the video of your travels there and looking around the beautiful city of Vienna.

You all looked to have a great time. >grinning smiley<

Love your editing skills with the music just really matching up to the video.

Hope you enjoy Rome and I will be in Madrid in a few days time,on Monday before gig.............without a ticket ,but something will come up by show day. smileys with beer

Date: June 19, 2014 00:18

Know you had a great time in Wienna BB, and hope you all got back to your homes safe and sound. smileys with beer

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 19, 2014 00:23

Bitches Brew
Did anyone buy Wien poster, I wanted to buy it but they were 50€ - too much, I think I will just find some good quality picture and print it myself.

50 eura za poster, uzas... je li bio neki tour book?

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 19, 2014 00:24

crawdaddy
Nice one farco. >grinning smiley<

I think that Can't Be Seen is getting better each gig.

Nice video and nice version of cbs. Just a "little better" than in Oslo winking smiley really enjoyed this one.... smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2014 00:26

crawdaddy
Know you had a great time in Wienna BB, and hope you all got back to your homes safe and sound. smileys with beer

Yes we did, thanks. I hope you get a ticket for Madrid, I'm crossing my fingers for you!!

Date: June 19, 2014 00:27

Milan
Bitches Brew

50 eura za poster, uzas... je li bio neki tour book?

Ma previse za poster, knjigu nisan vidija, opcenito los izbor suvenira..

Date: June 19, 2014 00:32

Can't Be Seen was great, as first time I ever seen it played live.
Oslo was so very special. thumbs up

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: June 19, 2014 08:58

What happened to the touchy feely Midnight Rambler? [www.iorr.org]

I guess it's kinda like the old days.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 19, 2014 09:21

Almost a splitting image!

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:11

crawdaddy
Loved your reviews zgubi........Andreea, of Vienna gig and the video of your travels there and looking around the beautiful city of Vienna.

You all looked to have a great time. >grinning smiley<

Love your editing skills with the music just really matching up to the video.

Hope you enjoy Rome and I will be in Madrid in a few days time,on Monday before gig.............without a ticket ,but something will come up by show day. smileys with beer

thanks crawdaddy, Rome is not 100% in the books for me, same as Madrid, still not givin up tho' even if there's little time left

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: artofstone ()
Date: June 19, 2014 12:34

now i got some time to share my vienna story.

it was my 21th show since 1990 and this one was very special to me:
for the first time i brought my two sons with me, aged 8 and 12. a dream came true, for all of us!
they are the 3rd generation of stonesfans in my family, as my parents first saw the stones on the 1973 european tour.

we arrived at the venue at 11 am with a parking lot right beside the stones trucks. so the fever began. a few fans already around, we took a walk around the stadium, checking out what's going on and hoping to find our entrance gate (GC, the messy situation was mentioned here before...)

we went into town to have something to eat and looking out for the tongues in the citysmiling smiley we met darryl on his way back to the hotel and decided to take a look. my sons were so excited about the fans waiting in front. so we joined the group.
after a while charlie's personal security-man came out, looked around, scanning all the people, walked directly to us and gave my little son a charlie watts guitar pick with the words: "you're the one, enjoy!"
I'll never forget the shining eyes of my 8 years old boy....

then we had the luck to see the the stones leaving for soundcheck, took the tube to the stadium and were able to hear the last two songs of the soundcheck.

despite all troubles with the entrance-organization, we got a great spot and as the show begun my sons went totally nuts. SMU was the perfect opener for them (as for me 1990). the first three songs they were jumping and singing all along. i really had to fight with tears, so heartwarming...
they almost knew all songs, no whining bout the setlistsmiling smiley and did a last big singalong during the encore.

man, how i enjoyed this show!!!

my only problem now:
how on earth should i argue to go to stockholm leaving them at home?smiling smiley

[exhibition on main st]

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 19, 2014 12:55

What a beautiful story, @artofstone!

I bring my son (10 years old) to Torhout Werchter, first time. I really hope he enjoys it! He know all the songs.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: June 19, 2014 13:09

Niek
What a beautiful story, @artofstone!

I bring my son (10 years old) to Torhout Werchter, first time. I really hope he enjoys it! He know all the songs.

thank's niek!

if your son knows all songs he surely will enjoy! believe me...
just make sure you get a good spot for him, where he has a good few without troubles. you'll really have a blast!

maybe you'll have a similar story to share...

have a lot of fun and enjoy!

best,
artofstone
[exhibition on main st]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 19, 2014 14:42

Back from my second and final show of this tour, I am sending some pictures again. I wrote a rather lengthy review of the Berlin show, so I won't repeat myself, since it was a very similar wonderful evening. The biggest difference was the venue of course, the Berlin Waldbühne was a special one, while in Vienna we got a standard stadium show with the big stage.

While in Berlin the standing pit was for some 2 500 people or so, the GA in Vienna was for maybe 30 000. There was the diamond circle and golden circle on Ronnies side. Ridiculously expensive if you ask me, the golden circle which reached into the middle of the sadium was really the worst value for the money. To pay 200 E and end up standing in the middle of the stadium, I don't know... The diamond circle for 400 E was also large (regular FOS size), so those who didn't show up early, had to watch it also from quite a distance. From what I saw at some pictures, both those sectors were quite packed.

Anyway, I had a GA ticket for 98 E, with which, showing up early, one could end up right in front of the stage on the Keith's side. I came to the stadium at 4 p.m. There were two entrances for the GA. There were quite a lot of people at one gate, so I went to the other one, which was maybe 20 meters more distant from the U-bahn. There were like 50 people sitting on the pavement in front of the gates. It looked strange, so I asked the organiser, whether it really was a GA entrance, since there were many (I mean many) more people at the other one. He just said those entrances were identical, but the other one was closer to the U-bahn :-) So I sat down, I was fifth in front of one of those gates. I could not believe it, it looked like I would be in the first row.

They opened the gates rather late - at 6.15 p.m. and well...I didn't end up in the first row, since there was this "early entry" thing, that you could buy for...300 E? Do I remember it correctly? Jeeeezzzz! So there were some people at the stadium already, when it was officially opened, but eventhough I was a bit more far away than in Berlin, I had a great spot and was really happy with it. They actually did a sort of FOS sector at Keit's side too, they built a wave breaker just in the line with the golden circle - right in the middle of the stadium - and they had a certain amount of wristbands that they were giving to people, as they entered. First come, first served. Once they run out of wristbands, they closed the gate to the sector. Not that it would make a huge difference, there was no reason to walk away from the sector, but it is surely nice not to have the whole stadium pushing from the back.

The show itself was similar to the Berlin one, the setlist was identical, except that Angie was played instead of Waiting On a Friend. Even the request song (Get Off Of My Cloud) was the same. The band played really great again, there were just more smiles on the stage in Berlin. I guess the Waldbühne venue made that show special even for The Stones. The crowd in Vienna was generally younger (probably thanks to the cheaper GA tickets) and really into it, creating a great atmosphere.

Maybe this was the last time I had the chance to see The Stones, but one could suspect that 40 years ago and ever since, so maybe I will see them the next year, maybe in 2 or 3 or 5 years. Right now I am really happy I enjoyed those 2 shows, which were all I hoped they would be and more.

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: June 19, 2014 15:50

Great pictures! Could somebody tell me: Is Ronnie´s black guitar Gibson L6-s? (First black guitar is his signature ESP tele). I know he owned 1 pickup Gibson L5-s, but this guitar on the picture is some 2 pickups version. Thanks for info.

Date: June 19, 2014 16:17

@happy24:

glad to hear you enjoyed the show and everything went fine with your GA.
(it was the right decision not to choose the vip-seat with sandwiches - as we joked during the ticket salesmiling smiley)

you're right, the whole layout was really strange. i was one of these "crazy" GC's, to make sure my sons are able get a good spot without troubles.
there were only 35 early-entry guys in the golden circle, so we easily made it on a rail and all was fine. and yes, GC was very packed when the show started.

great pics! thanks for sharing!
see you in "2 or 3 or 5 years"smiling smiley

artofstone
[exhibition on main st]

Date: June 19, 2014 18:33

This guy was just one row in front of me and he caught the stick and the pick. I congratulated him and told him :"You better not put these on ebay or I will hunt you down..." haha tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 19, 2014 20:18

So near, yet so far away Ante.

You all had a great time. That's the main thing. thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 19, 2014 21:02

Thanks, everyone, so enjoyable to read your reviews and see the pics.

On Charlie's jacket for the post-show bow, he now has a 14 on Fire patch below his Grrr patch.
I just noticed that, duh!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 19, 2014 21:03

jenyk
Great pictures! Could somebody tell me: Is Ronnie´s black guitar Gibson L6-s? (First black guitar is his signature ESP tele). I know he owned 1 pickup Gibson L5-s, but this guitar on the picture is some 2 pickups version. Thanks for info.

I think it is the "Slash" Les Paul he got from Slash

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: June 19, 2014 22:34

No, Slash signature got 4 control knobs and pickup selector on the top of the body.And the black one got thinner body than classic Les Paul.

Date: June 19, 2014 23:09

I have just checked The Rolling Stones Gear book and you are right - it is not "Slash" and it is kind of similar to the Gibson L5-s, except of the second pickup of course and also the position of the controls is a bit different and the L5 has the jack slot on the top of the body, next to the switch. I haven't found any info about this guitar that Ronnie currently uses on Gimme Shelter. Maybe a new piece in Ronnie's collection?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 19, 2014 23:32

Very close to an L5 S Gibson except it has only 2 knobs, a stop tailpiece and less fancy binding. Looks like a real nice guitar, may sound like a Les Paul Custom...

Date: June 20, 2014 00:08

Some pics..

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home