Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Vienna 16 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 17, 2014 22:17

No other band in the world can still jam like this....

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 17, 2014 22:23

Well done Topi (those signatures).
It was a pity we didn't meet yesterday.
I really enjoyed the gig, it was better than Helsinki 2007 where we met last time. Time flies, but the Stones are still rolling!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 17, 2014 22:25

"it was better than Helsinki 2007..."

- that wasn't really difficult to achieve... tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 22:27 by Milan.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2014 22:26

Was there a Austrian football(soccer ball) tongue?

Date: June 17, 2014 22:38

Milan

Yep, you're quite right. And personally, if this was my last time (?), I'll have so much better memories.. I have seen them now six times starting from 1990 and in my personal rating Vienna goes to my Top 3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 22:40 by wesley.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 17, 2014 22:39

Milan

Helsinki 2007 was great! More "rare" songs than this Vienna show and even though Keith was a bit lost he mostly played very good.

Date: June 17, 2014 22:46

In Helsinki I was worried about his ability to make it to the end. He fell on his a"se during ADTL and Mick helped him in B-stage when he temporarily lost his balance. But, funny enough, I agree he played quite well many songs.
Talking about Mr. Survival..

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 17, 2014 22:49

Was the venue 100% full? So far they have had very large audiences compared to the struggles to fill venues up in the US last tour...We (US) could not even sell out 20k seat venues without the flexing and $85 dollar tickets. This is why I do not see a US return-.simply no demand unlike Europe at least for this 14 On Fire Tour.

Date: June 17, 2014 22:53

I think it was almost 100% packed.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 17, 2014 23:10

Thanks....great to see them playing in large stadiums again. I do, however, miss the elaborate outdoor stages of the past but I presume they are keeping
overhead low.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 17, 2014 23:35

Captainchaos
Milan
Here's a better MR vid than the one posted earlier, it's mostly focused on the video screen so you get that pro-shot look:

Great vibe - amazing band being able to pull this off. Regardless of their age.

It is so awesome they play this tune every show! I mean this song is really not a warhorse like SFM is. So - thank you Stones! My fav tune!

Date: June 17, 2014 23:45

schwonek
Captainchaos
Milan
Here's a better MR vid than the one posted earlier, it's mostly focused on the video screen so you get that pro-shot look:

Great vibe - amazing band being able to pull this off. Regardless of their age.

It is so awesome they play this tune every show! I mean this song is really not a warhorse like SFM is. So - thank you Stones! My fav tune!

Midnight Rambler and out Of Control are the Rolling Stones at their absolute best. We need sequels to both on their next album.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 17, 2014 23:55

Just got back from Vienna. A great night. Audience was amazing, mostly younger fans where I was standing - in the second row. I don't want to comment or analyse the songs, I'll just say for me they were perfect (with and without the mistakes they made but how can you blame them). I was there with my friends and this was their first concert and they were blown away. They couldn't stop talking about them for 7 hours in the car while driving home. They finally understood why I'm always saying they are the greatest rock band in history.

We also had a great warm up act. 30 000 Harley Davidson motorcycles followed us on highway all the way to Austria as they were going home from Harley Davidson festival that took place in a city near ours. That was some sight and the sound was unbelievable!

Organization was very bad, and yes they were throwing wristbands in lots, I caught a lot of 10 wristbands and shared them with my friends and surrounding fans. No one knew what they were for, we all assumed they were for FOS.
Will put some pics later...

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: June 18, 2014 00:08

Bitches Brew
Just got back from Vienna. A great night. Audience was amazing, mostly younger fans where I was standing - in the second row. I don't want to comment or analyse the songs, I'll just say for me they were perfect (with and without the mistakes they made but how can you blame them). I was there with my friends and this was their first concert and they were blown away. They couldn't stop talking about them for 7 hours in the car while driving home. They finally understood why I'm always saying they are the greatest rock band in history.

We also had a great warm up act. 30 000 Harley Davidson motorcycles followed us on highway all the way to Austria as they were going home from Harley Davidson festival that took place in a city near ours. That was some sight and the sound was unbelievable!

Organization was very bad, and yes they were throwing wristbands in lots, I caught a lot of 10 wristbands and shared them with my friends and surrounding fans. No one knew what they were for, we all assumed they were for FOS.
Will put some pics later...

[www.w24.at]
vidim vas smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 18, 2014 00:14

So glad you all had a great time Ante.
All those Harley Davidsons on the way to Austria.
Hope you didn't have to do all the driving.

You all got 2nd row which is great. >grinning smiley<

Heard all about the bad organization ,but getting those wristbands must have been great.

You all deserve it. thumbs up
Get yourselves a good nights sleep and tell us all about it and the pics,when you can.

Best wishes to you and your family Ante. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 18, 2014 00:16

beno

PS: my son will be a fan before getting born!!!

My wife was also pregnant (7th month) with my daughter when we attanded a Stones show in 1995.
Yesterday I was partying in Vienna 1 m near the catwalk with my daughter and 3 sons. All of them (!) are diehard Stones fans listening to Stones music almost every day.

It's nice! But how many babies concevied during Stones shows...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 18, 2014 00:36

have you noticed keith on SFTD? exspecially from the beginning of the second solo to the very messy end. i think he was really great

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 18, 2014 00:40

Just back home after three nice days in beautifull Vienna. Just a few notes:
- The layout: In the area for GA tix was a seperated FOS section on Keiht's side for those who came first and could run fast. After a while they abviously closed it but you could get out with a wristband. This band you could grab from the security while running in. The FOS section was not packed like in Landgraaf. Easy and nice.
- Doors open: To many security who does not really know what to do at the entrance. I was running in with the first few fans from the gate on the other side of the stadium and came in at FOS earlier than other people from the nearest entrance. They didn't open the gates at the same time. In the first row there were already people with an early entrance ticket (for more than 200 Euro someone told me). Standing in 2nd and 3rd row was absolutely okay. Lot of nice people around. But a few had to much bear. One of them had really to much and was kicked out by the security - well done.
- A lot of fans from Eastern Europe of course. A lot of enthusiastic young fans (about 20/25 years), a few younger fans (about 10) with their dads.
- "You can't ...": I thought it was finished but Chuck was jamming on a little bit and MT (already on stage waiting for Satisfaction) was joining for a few chords.
BTW: It was not the boy choir "Wiener Sängerknaben" performing with the band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-18 11:36 by MAF.

Date: June 18, 2014 00:50

maumau
have you noticed keith on SFTD? exspecially from the beginning of the second solo to the very messy end. i think he was really great
Not a song I search out but the version I heard from the show before this one, I think Paris was really good. Sounded like it could have been played in any decade. Food for thought... If Mick Taylor had been handed all of Keith's heavy lifting Keith would have stood little chance to regain his form and may have reverted to appearing on stage in less than fighting shape. We all know that the guitar dynamics in this band has always revolved on inspiring Keith to play his best.

Date: June 18, 2014 01:05

claudine

[www.w24.at]
vidim vas smileys with beer

Haha, ajde drago mi je da smo se upoznali, da ima vise nas ludjaka..!smileys with beer Bila je jos ona jedna ekipa koja je snimala bas prije nego šta su poceli pustavati..

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 01:06

Milan

Why would people pay a shitload of money to attend a live (!) concert to end up taping the best song of the set from a video (!) screen for 13+ minutes? Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 18, 2014 01:12

The Vienna concert was f***ing amazing. After 11 years, I was able for seeing The Rolling Stones very close, again. Its a great feeling, that I paid 100 Euro for that place and the other side of the catwalk paid for the same position about 400 Euro.

It was good for hearing "Angie" for the 3rd time live in concert.

Date: June 18, 2014 01:13

crawdaddy
So glad you all had a great time Ante.
All those Harley Davidsons on the way to Austria.
Hope you didn't have to do all the driving.

You all got 2nd row which is great. >grinning smiley<

Heard all about the bad organization ,but getting those wristbands must have been great.

You all deserve it. thumbs up
Get yourselves a good nights sleep and tell us all about it and the pics,when you can.

Best wishes to you and your family Ante. >grinning smiley<

Hey Tony,
The biggest problem was that we were almost out of gas, because at every gas station we stopped there were 200-300 Harley motorcycles lined up to fuel their tanks.
The organization was bad but the moment the Stones started to play I forgot all about it. And yes getting the wristbands was a big relief.
I will put some pics tomorrow, i have to get some sleep now..
Cheers!! smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 18, 2014 01:14

<<Why would people pay a shitload of money to attend a live (!) concert to end up taping the best song of the set from a video (!) screen for 13+ minutes?>>

To upload it to their YouTube account where someone will post it on an international fan forum board, so that their video gets 29,846 (and counting) more views than it ordinarily would have gotten--and that's more people than who were at the show. And that's pretty good, when your video clip pulls in more fans than the Stones drew to one of their shows.

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: June 18, 2014 01:41

F@&k, I hope mr Goodman didn't miss his train due to 20 seconds longer MR...

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 18, 2014 02:09

Brstonesfan
Was the venue 100% full? So far they have had very large audiences compared to the struggles to fill venues up in the US last tour...We (US) could not even sell out 20k seat venues without the flexing and $85 dollar tickets. This is why I do not see a US return-.simply no demand unlike Europe at least for this 14 On Fire Tour.

The shows in the US were overpriced. If priced properly they could easily fill up arenas in the States.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 18, 2014 04:45

Thanks for all the reports and commentary. Between the good, bad and the ugly of the night I can really get a feel for how it went down. It's great to have the different perspectives and I think they balance each other out quite nicely.

Another day with a Stones show to discuss is a fine day indeed.

Date: June 18, 2014 04:52

Here's another example of Keith playing with clear articulation. Smoothest he's been in sometime. It is exciting to watch his technique come alive. Really a good job by all here, when the guitars are stringing the sections together so perfectly we also hear a different Chuck who evokes much of the original recording here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-18 04:55 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 18, 2014 08:05

DoomandGloom

Here's another example of Keith playing with clear articulation. Smoothest he's been in sometime. It is exciting to watch his technique come alive. Really a good job by all here, when the guitars are stringing the sections together so perfectly we also hear a different Chuck who evokes much of the original recording here.

Either my ears are too picky, or yours are not at all. Are we to leap up and down in joy every time Keith comes almost near to playing a guitar part almost right? A guitar part he created? I guess the standard now is, 'Hey, I can figure out what song Keith's playing!'

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 18, 2014 09:24

Seems MT's scarf is a nod to the shirt he used to wear on stage in the 70s.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home