Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Vienna 16 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 17, 2014 05:06

Sympathy Vienna

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 17, 2014 06:20

24FPS
BluzDude
24FPS
corriecas
24FPS
Are all those people on the floor forced to stand the whole concert?

well, they can sit down if they want to
Jeroen

Wow. That sort of festival seating has been banned in the States for decades. I hope you don't have to pay extra for the honor of not even having an assigned seat. Jeez, you should at least be able to sit down for Angie.

Really? I guess those stadium concerts I attended with GA floors and reserved above the floor were all illegal confused smiley

I've never witnessed GA floors at a stadium show in Los Angeles, and I've been here since the mid-80s. Not at the Rose Bowl, Dodger Stadium, or Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I thought they outlawed festival seating in the U.S. after the Who deaths in Cincinnati.

Home Depot center in Torrence. Granted, not at big as the places you mentioned, but a lot of "todays" artists like Linkin Park and Greenday play there with a capacity of about 30 to 35K. Also, Pearl jam sometimes has the front part GA with the rear as reserved

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: June 17, 2014 06:57

The Stones were amazing and absolutely top notch in Vienna, Keith extremely focused while playing relaxed and laid back most of the time. Ron Woods playing - impeccable, it is sooo good to see him coming back, he is vital for the overall Impression the band gave tonight. Charlie Watts and Mick Jagger, a 73 year old and an almost 71 year old - sheer magic, unbelievable, can´t be described, I´m in tears even in the morning hours after the show.

I respect Your opinion on organisation, Lorenz, but I have to disagree with you. My memory goes as far back as 1976, when my first Stones concert ever took place in Wiener Stadthalle. Even this concert then was far better organized than the one yesterday in Vienna. Nova Music Entertainment should really be sued for their absolutely devastating performance of the whole gig. I followed the preparation of the concert closely, since I live in the vicinity of Happel-Stadium. What I saw was: Apart from what came from the Tour organizers there was no local organisation visible at all. Nova Music Entertainment failed totally and entirely; letting People wait for GA Standing for over eight hours, without any signposting at the entrance gate that you are standing in the right Queue, no Information from the security nothing, then throwing wristbands into the waiting crowd, without giving any information what these orange bands are for (access to FOS-Zone), and then opening the gates at different times, I call this not only worst Organisation Standard, I call this cynical.

Nova Music may be a nice organizer of the Nova Rock Festival, but they have absolutely no idea nor experience with putting things togther for a stadium show. As an Austrian, I feel ashamed, - and since they at Nova Music won´t do - I apologize to the international audience, we had so many of here in Vienna.

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 17, 2014 09:10

Lorenz
will write a proper review, but it was a great show, I highly enjoyed it. We got wave breaker wristbands so ended up in row 6. Very young crowd, very into it from where we were standing. The usual Keith @#$%& ups of Brown Sugar etc. but overall a very inspired performance. It seemed like they enjoyed it too, which is always nice to see. Organisation was fine from my point of view.

What's that? To let you keep your spot in GA if you got there early? Would that mean there was some fencing in place? In Paris, the only people with wristbands seemed to be the "Eventravel Package" tickets and I suppose it was only useful for the "early entry" part.

EDIT - Ah ok, saw your follow-up post, so these are wristbands they through in the waiting GA crowd outside at random? Well to the first in line I suppose, odd.

Maybe "Nova" were on a tight budget due to the requested fee for the band? Although in Paris where the tickets were a lot cheaper (and 50% more people too) there were tons of security people so that's probably not the entire story.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 09:15 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 17, 2014 09:14

gotdablouse
Lorenz
will write a proper review, but it was a great show, I highly enjoyed it. We got wave breaker wristbands so ended up in row 6. Very young crowd, very into it from where we were standing. The usual Keith @#$%& ups of Brown Sugar etc. but overall a very inspired performance. It seemed like they enjoyed it too, which is always nice to see. Organisation was fine from my point of view.

What's that? To let you keep your spot in GA if you got there early? Would that mean there was some fencing in place? In Paris, the only people with wristbands seemed to be the "Eventravel Package" tickets and I suppose it was only useful for the "early entry" part.

Yeah, all a bit messed up. They had a fenced of FOS section also on the right and you could only enter it if you got wristbands in the GA queue. However, they also let in people later to fill up the section from GA... There were fights for those wristbands, they were just given out rather randomly by some of the security guys. They would only give you 1 per person, but many people had had their friends run ahead already and they didn't know what to do....

Date: June 17, 2014 09:18

Ah ok, that's why there was all this empty area in the picture posted on page two then. Why was that FOS area so big though! All the way back to behind the "B-Stage"...a "mirror" of T1/T2 on the other side apparently, odd setup.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 11:21 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2014 09:37

RoyalPurpleStones
Stadiums. Arenas. Theaters. Clubs. These guys fit anywhere you put them! Amazing performers, simply amazing.
well, what about the theatres and clubs then? i'm still paying rates of a 350€ fine for trying to hijack that plane to paris on 25-10-2012! won't that ever pay off for me?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 17, 2014 10:41

Wristbands were for the pit. Despite being first in line, I wasn't given one! Had to ask. Yes. Unbelievable.

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:11

The whole organisation of the concert was a full mess and in harsh contrast to the almost perfect Show the Stones delivered. It is really a shame, how they at Nova Music dealt with the concert Event of the Year.

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:23

I haven't been active in this message board lately.
I just want to share an opinion of so called "casual attendees" or "tourists": This was the first time for me to watch the show in a seated place and take a look at those "non-hardcore fans". We should not underestimate their knowledge and enthusiasm towards Stones and their song catalogue! My guess is that 90% of the people sitting next to my stand knew all the songs including Doom & Gloom. And they had such wonderful evening!

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:32

Please put some links with good pro photos from the Austrian newspapers. If there are any.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:34

wesley
I just want to share an opinion of so called "casual attendees" or "tourists": This was the first time for me to watch the show in a seated place and take a look at those "non-hardcore fans". We should not underestimate their knowledge and enthusiasm towards Stones and their song catalogue! My guess is that 90% of the people sitting next to my stand knew all the songs including Doom & Gloom. And they had such wonderful evening!

Good for you, nice post--I'm personally not thrilled with the way some fans are regarded as lesser beings for whatever reason, and as you rightly state, they usually enjoy the music as much as any of us! smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:39

Aquamarine
wesley

Good for you, nice post--I'm personally not thrilled with the way some fans are regarded as lesser beings for whatever reason, and as you rightly state, they usually enjoy the music as much as any of us! smiling smiley

Exactly. I am a rising-60yo and, whilst I stood in the pit for a 3hr 10min Springsteen show recently....IT KILLED MY ANKLES!!!! I had to sit for another 5 shows despite having pit tickets for a couple of them...I traded with friends (younger) for seats. The PIT WAS the place to be for excitement, but when seated, the fans around me at all other shows were just as into it and the songs as those when I was in the pit....

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:45

Aquamarine
wesley

The lady next to me (71 yrs age) had seen both the Stones and Cream in 1965 in the same concert. She couldn't remember which band was the main act..
The guy next to me (probably my age, I'm 49) sang all the sing-alongs (HTW) with me.. And so on..
Very good atmosphere, it sure was!

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:45

I read Dean Goddman´s review and I feel like I was on different show...

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:46

The local promoters in Vienna follow the footsteps of British Summer Timer organizers:

Plan for Vienna:

Reality:

Date: June 17, 2014 12:27

The "reality" seems to be that they "drew a line" from the back of the "golden standing" to the other side of the pitch and called it "GA FOS" where you could get access with a wristband seemingly distributed at random?

--------------

Date: June 17, 2014 12:31

quick and short

my Lucky Dip tickets got me into the upper section, almost next to the stage.

with a little effort managed to get to a lower level, just about 2-3 meters above the standing area.

because of this new position I was able to let my phone record some songs:

Stones Vienna

The Vienna audience was the best out of all the show's I've been to this year, and the year before. Waving and shouting before the band came on, cheering longer after every song, singing the lyrics, absolutely great.

By the last 4 songs we were all jumping and screaming Brown Sugar, good fun!
Out of Control was still intense but Zurich and Lisbon were even more.
I liked Get Off My Cloud as a song choice, Keith's running to the stage and the Satisfaction solo. It was a very good night!

The band feels more natural together, same feeling I had in Zurich only I thought they were slightly more relaxed over there.

I loved it, traveling for the show and getting to this amazing gig might be the best feeling in the world!

Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:40

Extraordinary Midnight Rambler

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:44

Did anyone get the Name of the warm up band?

Posted by: kait ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:55

Koschi

The Temperance Movement

reminds me a bit of the Black Crowes in their early days,
anyway one of the best supports i've seen

Date: June 17, 2014 12:57

MarkSchneider
Extraordinary Midnight Rambler

yes, Midnight Rambler was so goooooooooooooood!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 17, 2014 13:02

Never in my life seen such appalling and totally shambolic security. At the eleventh hour, all those in the joint diamond and gold circle queue were told that the three left-hand aisles would be for gold circle only and the fourth right-hand aisle for diamond only. So it meant that many were wrongly positioned and there was a mad scrum for the diamond aisle in which I nearly got crushed and Paulywaul was involuntarily lifted off his feet. Then to add insult to injury, the diamond wristbands were at the first far left-hand aisle - the total opposite to what we'd been told - so it became a case of grabbing a wristband from someone standing there with them doing nothing. It was chaotic and dangerous initially.

But we got to the rail and had a great time, surrounded by a much more enthusiastic audience than in Paris. I don't much care what others might say but for me personally Keith stole the show. Can anyone tell me what the blingy motif is on the back of the black jacket he wore in Paris and Vienna? Mick's first jacket and shirt were absolutely beautiful, as was a green silky number with black shell-like stripey markings on it that he wire towards the end.

Axel Zwingenberger was in the diamond circle. Also near start time they let some gold circle people into diamond area.

Gotta run to check out of hotel just now, so can't write more about the show just now, except to say that it may be time for Dean Goodman to go home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 13:09 by Beast.

Date: June 17, 2014 13:11

check out Keith running at 06:07 smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 17, 2014 13:36

thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2014 14:14

kait
Koschi

The Temperance Movement

reminds me a bit of the Black Crowes in their early days,
anyway one of the best supports i've seen[/quote

They were very enjoyable. Did a great opener in Berlin too. Are they opening in Dusseldorf?

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 17, 2014 14:16

jenyk
I read Dean Goddman´s review and I feel like I was on different show...

I've always found his reviews to be objective, if sometimes annoying. He doesn't get tied up in the euphoria of seeing them like we all seem to. Everyone wants to believe that they just saw "the best show ever" but, more often than not, that's not the case. For example, I flew from the US to Berlin for the show. It wasn't the best show ever. It was good, but the last dates I saw on 50 & Counting were better.

Dean has an opinion and it's time for people on this board to stop shouting down those who have opinions differing from their own, labeling them wrong. Some people like Lisa's Gimme Shelter this tour -- good for them. I think it sucks in comparison to what she once did. All opinions.

I hope everyone enjoyed the show and now on to Dusseldorf.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 17, 2014 14:28

fahthree
Some people like Lisa's Gimme Shelter this tour -- good for them. I think it sucks in comparison to what she once did.

As much as I enjoyed the shows I've attended in this tour, is very hard to argue with that.

Posted by: artofstone ()
Date: June 17, 2014 14:36

Beast
Never in my life seen such appalling and totally shambolic security. At the eleventh hour, all those in the joint diamond and gold circle queue were told that the three left-hand aisles would be for gold circle only and the fourth right-hand aisle for diamond only. So it meant that many were wrongly positioned and there was a mad scrum for the diamond aisle in which I nearly got crushed and Paulywaul was involuntarily lifted off his feet. Then to add insult to injury, the diamond wristbands were at the first far left-hand aisle - the total opposite to what we'd been told - so it became a case of grabbing a wristband from someone standing there with them doing nothing. It was chaotic and dangerous initially.

But we got to the rail and had a great time, surrounded by a much more enthusiastic audience than in Paris. I don't much care what others might say but for me personally Keith stole the show. Can anyone tell me what the blingy motif is on the back of the black jacket he wore in Paris and Vienna? Mick's first jacket and shirt were absolutely beautiful, as was a green silky number with black shell-like stripey markings on it that he wire towards the end.
Axel Zwingenberger was in the diamond circle. Also near start time they let some gold circle people into diamond area.

Gotta run to check out of hotel just now, so can't write more about the show just now, except to say that it may be time for Dean Goodman to go home.

totally agree.
was standing in line with my wife and my two sons with GC tickets.
lucky to end up in the left queue. we split up and when i passed the security guy with my smaller son we were asked: golden or diamond standing?
i would have been able to get two diamond wristbands even without showing my tix!!!

anyway, got a perfect spot for all of us and enjoyed a solid show.
MR and GOOMC were outstanding, imo.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 17, 2014 15:05

Ok, so for those who speak German or who know how to use Google Translate, here are some press reports. Overall positive, but none of them fail to mention Keith's @#$%&-ups.

Personally, I think it very very much depends on where you are. I was seated between a rather, well, silent Norwegian crowd in Oslo and it felt like watching something on TV. In Vienna I was 3m from the stage among a young and enthusiastic crowd and we all had a blast. By the way, the fact that the audience was so good is also due to all our Hungarian, Slovenian, Czech, Polish, Croating (and many more) neighbours who joined the gig.

Der Standard (written by the one critic who is a Stones fan, but likes to take them apart in his trademark weird style)
[derstandard.at]
[derstandard.at]

Salzburger Nachrichten
[www.salzburg.com]

Kurier
[kurier.at]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 15:07 by Lorenz.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home