Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Rolling Stones - Vienna 16 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:36

Rolling Stones - Vienna 16 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:36

Re: Vienna 16 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:47

Correction: Two rarities - the normal lot. Angie and GOOMC.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:52

Angie is not really a rarity it has been played totally 243 times and already 5 times this year.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:54

TheBlockbuster
Angie is not really a rarity it has been played totally 243 times and already 5 times this year.

And GOOMC has been going in and out of the set list since 2005.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:55

Irix
gotdablouse

So 19 songs indeed, I can't believe that Mick tolerates such errors and careless reporting on the official Twitter feed!

As mentioned on Twitter #StonesWien:

[Twitter.com]

Btw: Setlist-Updates edited. smiling smiley

Brilliant.

The person highlighting how many mistakes the Twitter account makes just happens to be called ANGIE.

Date: June 17, 2014 00:57

corriecas
24FPS
Are all those people on the floor forced to stand the whole concert?

well, they can sit down if they want to
Jeroen

Wow. That sort of festival seating has been banned in the States for decades. I hope you don't have to pay extra for the honor of not even having an assigned seat. Jeez, you should at least be able to sit down for Angie.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:06

Irix
As mentioned on Twitter #StonesWien:

[Twitter.com]

We should add #StonesWhine for this forum... smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 01:08 by Koen.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:08

angee

I would like to hear the Vienna Boys Choir's version of YCAGWYW, when people are posting videos.

RollingStones.com mentions only the "Wiener Singakademie Choir". confused smiley

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:08

gotdablouse
So 19 songs indeed, I can't believe that Mick tolerates such errors and careless reporting on the official Twitter feed!
Mick is going to go all Connor McLeod on the twitter interns and the heads are going to roll -There can be only one!

Re: Rolling Stones - Vienna 16 June 2014
Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:13

bye bye johnny

Awesome pics, thanks!

------------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:43

Fantastic (almost) rock'n'roll show! The pacing was very good (rockers/slow, intimate songs). The band was tight, played focused and with dignity. And yet, they seemed to be relaxed in a good way. Guitars were mixed LOUD. Sound, at least in my spot, was much better than it used to be in stadium shows, could have been better, though. Keith and Ronnie did good job. And what can you say about Mick? His incredible amount of passion and power? My take on the subject is that Mick Jagger is the all-time King of Rock entertainer! He must be Alien or something.. These guys are 70+ and they still deliver such a high-energetic two hour's R'n'R heaven to us. I have to pinch myself to wake up on my way down to earth.
The obligatory let-downs: HTW, messed up beginning, but some other person might describe this in actual fact.. And I didn't like Angie..
Highlights for me were spectacularly driven MR with Mick Taylor, very powerful OOC, and thundering JJF. It struck me once again how much I love their strong canon of these iconic songs. Talking about the best-ever written rock songs, I have shot my voice down during sing-a-longs.. What a phenomenal band the Stones is!
Btw. My previous Stones gig was Helsinki 2007, and most of you might remember Keith had his worst off-night then (due to dehydration and/or post-surgical medication). I was very pleased to notice he plays so much better now! His singing has always been soulful, now it feels like he has developed skill, too. He plays guitar very economically, but that's okay for my taste. Some ramblings could be heard in Vienna,and something happened duringHTW, I don't know what, nevertheless he has lessened posing and plays his guts out with his current abilities. I couldn't have excepted more.
Ronnie's role has grown enormously and he is in excellent condition. And, this is no news: Charlie is Charlie.
I'm having a late night beer in my hotel lobby bar while writing this. A gig big smile on my face.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:44

glimmerkkp
bye bye johnny

Awesome pics, thanks!

------------------------------------

As usual, bye bye johnny always comes with the best pics. Thanks a lot! smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:47

Back from the show. What a terrible way to manage the entrance! No gates were actually marked for GA, and early on you simply had to guess which gate to take. There were two: one at the right hand back corner and one at the very back. I picked the corner because it was closer to the stage. Surprisingly few people showed up even at noon so tailgating was easy. I actually got a spot in front of one of the mini-gates.

At 6 pm something went horribly wrong. The security had a hard time figuring out who,was doing what and where: who would scan the tix and so on. The corner gate was very late in opening and in fact the people at the back gate, farther away, were let in first! Total chaos continued when the ticket scanners didn't seem to work, or the people operating them had no clue how to use them. Finally after the bag check I got in but all of the front row except for the very far corner was done. Had to settle with in front of the B-stage.

I didn't really mind it that much, having already had a much better spot in all of my previous shows but I have to say the whole thing was a mess.

The show itself was pretty good. Best Rambler in the 3 shows I have been to, and best Can't Be Seen so far. Also some very nice licks by Keef on Satisfaction. YGTS also very good.

Sympathy ended in a funny way. The backing track samba stopped but the band kept on playing try to end the song! Finally they did. Took it slowly down with the whoo-whoos.

A little break for me now! My Central European tour has been a blast. See you in Stockholm!

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:51

Just got back to the hotel....

What a magic... Pure magic. They were in great spirit... GOOMC rocked, OOC too, MR was a kick ass... Most war horses even kicked ass.

There are some... Issues I have, like, WHAT the hell is wrong with the their sound guy, or it was the wind or the lausy venue, but Keith seemd prominent for one second than buried for two... Thought they were trying too shut him due to lousy playing, but he wasn't at all lousy... It was with Charlie and Ronnie also...
Yes you can see/hear Keef is 70 and it's 2014 not 2003, but he can still pull it off when he concetrates and focus.. Same goes for the rest of the band...

This was my 6th show, and 1st after Munich Arena show in 2003.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 01:57 by vedran.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:52

Irix
Setlist ***FINAL***

The Rolling Stones
Vienna, Austria
Ernst-Happel-Stadium
Monday June 16, 2014

1. Start Me Up

2. You Got Me Rocking

3. It's Only Rock'n'Roll

4. Tumbling Dice

5. Angie

6. Doom and Gloom

7. Get Off Of My Cloud (Winner Song Vote)

8. Out Of Control

9. Honky Tonk Women

-- Band Introduction --

10. You Got The Silver (Keith)

11. Can't Be Seen (Keith)

12. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

13. Miss You

14. Gimme Shelter

15. Jumpin' Jack Flash

16. Sympathy For The Devil

17. Brown Sugar

-- Encore --

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with Wiener Singakademie Choir)

19. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

[www.rollingstones.com]

where did u get the guitar picks?

plexi

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:56

BTW, to you who saw more than this one 14 on fire vienna gig... That extra jam of YCAGWYW... Do they do this at every gig (havent seen youtube yet)?

Today it totally fell apart but it was SO charming <3

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:59

Great concert!!!

I was way in the back, not all the way up but close. I thought the sound was very good considering where my seat was and a stadium. Loud guitars!!!

Crowd around me was a little wonky. Song starts, they would stand, then sit right down. I ended up moving down closer where people were standing and dancing the entire time. It was fun.

Great cheer for Keith and the crowd seemed loud overall. Lots of smiles from the band again.

HTW, CBS and YCAGWYW stand out for me right now. Especially the ending of YCAGWYW.

Getting in was a little hectic. 2 times I was told I was in the correct gate and my ticket wouldn't scan. Started to have a heart attack, then was told sektor AND gate had to be correct. Finally got in. Once in, moving around was pretty easy, security was cool.

Bring on Dusseldorf!!!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:07

MingSubu
Great concert!!!

I was way in the back, not all the way up but close. I thought the sound was very good considering where my seat was and a stadium. Loud guitars!!!

Crowd around me was a little wonky. Song starts, they would stand, then sit right down. I ended up moving down closer where people were standing and dancing the entire time. It was fun.

Great cheer for Keith and the crowd seemed loud overall. Lots of smiles from the band again.

HTW, CBS and YCAGWYW stand out for me right now. Especially the ending of YCAGWYW.

Getting in was a little hectic. 2 times I was told I was in the correct gate and my ticket wouldn't scan. Started to have a heart attack, then was told sektor AND gate had to be correct. Finally got in. Once in, moving around was pretty easy, security was cool.

Bring on Dusseldorf!!!

I'm with you with almost everything you described. Did you notice something in the beginning of HTW?In my spot in sounded peculiar.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:17

Just a short one as many details were shared in the prior posts already.

1. setlist - yep, would love to have it a bit refreshed (got exactly the same one as in Berlin, with just Angie instead of WOAF). However, it seems to be the great stadium setlist - crowd is really crazy during all the warhorses and guys are getting pretty tight in delivery...

2. band performance - It's improving, significantly in my opinion. They were much better than in Berlin, less mistakes (but messed-up SFTD ending) overall. From my perspective, this was a Keith's show, he was much louder, played more solos and really enjoyed the show.

3. Highlights - CBS, MR, SFTD messed-up ending (I guess Charlie got an issue with headphones and stopped playing in the end so Chuck took over on piano. Was quite an improvised fun smiling smiley, extended jam in YCAGWYW, GOOMC...
Also sound was much better than expected.

Take care!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:24

24FPS
corriecas
24FPS

Jeroen

Wow. That sort of festival seating has been banned in the States for decades. I hope you don't have to pay extra for the honor of not even having an assigned seat. Jeez, you should at least be able to sit down for Angie.

Really? I guess those stadium concerts I attended with GA floors and reserved above the floor were all illegal confused smiley

Date: June 17, 2014 02:27

wesley
MingSubu
Great concert!!!

Bring on Dusseldorf!!!

I'm with you with almost everything you described. Did you notice something in the beginning of HTW?In my spot in sounded peculiar.

Lol, my attention at the beginning of HTW was on the little Austrian princess that jumped up and started to dance.

How would you describe it?

The outro to YCAGWYW was excellent!!!

Eventhough the ending of SFTD would be considered a trainwreck, Chuck held it together for the most part. Good job Chuck!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 02:28 by MingSubu.

Posted by: kickit ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:27

review (in german) and Pictures wegotit.at

Date: June 17, 2014 02:33

I'm loving, during OOC, when Keith and Mick facing off with guitar and harp. Very @#$%& cool!!!

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:55

For this 14 and Fire Tour it was my fourth show. (Abu Dhabi, Pinkpop, Paris and now Vienna).

Except Abu Dhabi, I can really say that this tour is the best so far I ever did. Well okay I'm only 24 so it's impossible for me to speak about the tours before bridges to bab.

Vienna was an amazing concert. Not better than Paris (it's hard to compare) but the sound was much much better here than in Stade de France.

In my opinion, the shows really start at Out of Control. Not only in Vienna. Everywhere. Before this song, the Stones are trying to control the things. It's like a robot. But from out of control, the Stones really play with a lot of energy. They are so happy to be on stage! The highlights are all the time the same : Out Of Control, You Got the Silver, Miss You (fits perfectly in a stadium), Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler. Today I can say that Sympathy and YCAGWY were stunning!!!! Of and I forget JJF which was perfect too.

Again, it's hard to compare with the past shows. That's why I do many shows!
In Pinkpop It was the best show with Mick Jagger. he was even more amazing than usually. Yes the BEST Mick's show I did in my life.
Paris was a perfect show but with a horrible sound. Gimme shelter and OOf were incredible!!
Vienna was amazing from OOC to the end!!!!

The best tour so far! I pray that they could go to South America in 2015.
Next shows for me: werchter and Stockholm.
Good night everyone
Ps : again I met many amazing people today in Vienna! That makes the show even better.

Benjamin.

Date: June 17, 2014 03:52

BluzDude
24FPS
corriecas
24FPS

Jeroen

Really? I guess those stadium concerts I attended with GA floors and reserved above the floor were all illegal confused smiley

I've never witnessed GA floors at a stadium show in Los Angeles, and I've been here since the mid-80s. Not at the Rose Bowl, Dodger Stadium, or Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I thought they outlawed festival seating in the U.S. after the Who deaths in Cincinnati.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 17, 2014 03:55

will write a proper review, but it was a great show, I highly enjoyed it. We got wave breaker wristbands so ended up in row 6. Very young crowd, very into it from where we were standing. The usual Keith @#$%& ups of Brown Sugar etc. but overall a very inspired performance. It seemed like they enjoyed it too, which is always nice to see. Organisation was fine from my point of view.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 17, 2014 04:26

VIENNA audience is absolutely amazing, didn't expect it one bit, had a wonderful night!!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 17, 2014 04:39

fahthree
Stoneage
Looks like we are down to one rarity (or relative rarity) a show now. A very safe setlist.

I fondly remember the 22 songs during 50 & Counting...

Six out of the first seven shows for the 2012 / 2013 tour actually had 23 songs with the 1st Newark show only having 22.

Date: June 17, 2014 04:56

Stadiums. Arenas. Theaters. Clubs. These guys fit anywhere you put them! Amazing performers, simply amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 04:57 by RoyalPurpleStones.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home